It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has this happened to anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Ok some nights ill be laying down and ill close my eyes and ill try to go to sleep. but sometimes i can see a white color through my eyelids going in front of me, kinda like when you close your eyes in the sunlight and you see an orange color.

can someone give me some ideas about what it is?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think that happens to everyone. I know it happens to me ... not necessarily always white, sometimes patterns and shapes and other colors. I thought it was normal but maybe it's not!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It's just your eyes adjusting to the differance in light.....nothing paranormal about it................nothing to worry about

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I find that when that happens to me I get a good connection with God.

Whenever I am in a pitch black room going to sleep and I close my eyes and see a bright white light I believe this is God and thats when I start mentally talking and asking and the things I talk and ask about usually turn out in a positive way.

Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It may depend on the shape the whiteness takes. When I was younger I used to see a white dog run past my bedroom door whenever I would start to get scared of "bogeymen." I don't know if it was my childish imaginings, but it sure took my fright away. If it wasn't a hallucination...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Foobarr,

Do you see something like this?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jp1111
Foobarr,

Do you see something like this?

Thats exactly what I see. But it doesn't repeat. It fades slowly. Thats what I believe is my connection to God.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I see something like the image above. There are also times which I would stare at the 3rd eye and feel as though I am flying over landscape or through a tunnel. I see mountains and when going through the tunnel I see the walls flying past me at great speed.

Then my jaw locks and tenses and I see pure white light.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Well i kinda see something like the image, but it is more like it goes side to side. and it doesnt really zoom in but it is white , and it does repeat but not for a long time.
why?

[edit on 19-10-2004 by Foobarr]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I guess that's what I get for living near a city.

Seriously I do, but I think LadyV is right on with the eyes adjusting to the change in light. Photoreceptive memory.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I see exactly like the animation, but sometimes, it goes backwards or side-to-side. I get this almost every single time I try to sleep.

Interestingly, I found that on an NDE related website. However, I don't really think it is related to near-death.

As for a possible explanation,

"This is probably due to the stimulation of the central nervous system that mimics the effects of light on the retina. It can also occur when the electrical activity in the brain is altered in such a way that the threshold for perception of phosphenes (electrical activity in the visual system) is lowered, and bright lights are seen in otherwise dark surroundings. This point can create a tunnel perspective. (Dr. Ronald Siegel, a distinguished expert in psychopharmacolgy at UCLA.)

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
After seeing these lights...........when you wake up in the morning do you ever feel as if you have been probed???

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The stuff I see looks NOTHING like that above.
And it isn't the same all the time.

Good question though :-)

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
the other guy was right, its just ur eyes adjusting to the light. when u see no light at all after being in a room full of light, ur puples still have to open wide to adjusting to seeing nothing. or like after watching TV ur eyes still emulates the color transfers to the next. And think about this for a second. Your brain is always active and transfering data, let it do so before thinking that super beaming lights are after you.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
can anyone say hypnogogic hallucinations?

Happens when you near the borderline of sleep. Some people tend to see shapes and geometric figures.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrigue
can anyone say hypnogogic hallucinations?

Happens when you near the borderline of sleep. Some people tend to see shapes and geometric figures.

Yep :-)

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think, this is natural. It depends on what you were watching before, and for how long. Also if your eyes are tired, you see stuff like that. Nothing paranormal.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I have noticed a similar thing except much more intense when I close my eyes and rub them vigorously. Lots of different colors and patterns. It's interesting.

new topics

top topics

join