It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever called into a Coast 2 Coast Open Line Segment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I have been combing through Open Line Segments on Archived Coast to Coast with Art Bell shows. While doing so, I saw a comment from someone that read "[they] had called into the Art Bell show so many times [they] had lost count."

The Coast to Coast calls are now screened, whereas with Art Bell when you called in you were immediately placed ON AIR, if the line was picked up. This has made the open line calls less entertaining, although some slip through the cracks from time to time.

The Art Bell has long been a favorite talk show of mine, and although no Art, I still listen to Friday's Open Lines on Coast to Coast.

Have you ever called into Coast to Coast and gotten through? Tell me about it!

If it was a funny call, I would love to try to find it on Archive. If you can't remember the date you called, a general show synopsis or topic might help me locate it.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I called in a few times back in the mid 90s, when it was still Art Bell, I was stationed up in Alaska, and called in after the hoaxed Alien Autopsy primered, when TWA flight 800 crashed, and when a book came out describing a UFO crash over Long Island

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC
I have heard a caller from Alaska calling in to talk to Art Bell. I was just listening to one the other day. Did a lady from Holland living in Canada call in the same night?

Oh my, you will probably have NO idea, lol. I am going to go back and relisten and U2U if I spot you!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
No I have not,as I am on the otherside of the globe.They did discuss a post of mine from here on ATS and put a link up on their website.www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-10-2012 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2012 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I got on twice when Art was the host.

1 of those calls is on "The Best Of".

It was weird hearing myself 5 years later on the radio.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NaeBabii

i did call Often. on air With Art over 6 times -- on air with IAN Punnant 4 times and twice with,,
(uggh) George

i (kinda) think Art remembered Darrman in Seattle.. Well he Acted like he did---LOL

once we had a Scientist talking about Tsunami occurring in the Puget sound.. and At that time i lived about 125' above the Sound.. i could see it and listen to it all night,, if i so chose ..

but the Scientist said he expected it to reach 400 or more feet above the Sea-Level .. so without so much Ado.. i packed up the wife and kid,, and found a BETTER place to live..
2.5 acres 15 miles inland and 550' feet above any problem..

lol

THOSE were the days before the Y2K......

AHH Art---

Wherefore ART thou?

i miss his voice..
edit on 10/15/12 by darrman because: Star and Flag---- for you!

edit on 10/15/12 by darrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman
And I am not not even trying to be funny... Darrman is an unsual name that I PRETTY SURE I have heard before!

And I miss Art, too!
I listen to a lot of archived shows! I found this 24/7 Art Bell Stream... You may enjoy it!!

reply to post by 13th Zodiac
That is amazing!
Good Work! I will check out the link and try to find the show where they talked about it!

reply to post by Frankenchrist
LoL! You aren't JC Are you?! Teasing!

And I am still looking for the Alaskan Guy.., I thought it was the Bob Lazar call, but they only had a few minutes of callers and the one I think you may have been on was when The Quickening just came out.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I have a thick New York accent lol

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I am ALMOST POSITIVE I heard your call this past week when listening. I listened to one about an Alien Autopsy. I thought it could have been the Victor call, but I didn't hear it then either. I will continue my search today because I KNOW I heard someone say they were in Alaska but not from there.... Maybe on the Kevin Ryerson Segment.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
i think it was in 1994 when I called,we talked about how it was hot in alaska and cold everywhere else, and I think we talked about the wildfires happening at the time on eastern long island
if you can post a link, i can tell you if it was me or not lol

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I KNOW I heard it, so I am trying to listen to all the calls from the shows I listened to last week, I will find it! AND even if it isn't you, I will at least have found the call I was referring to.

join