It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biometric banks and your privacy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Biometric banks and your privacy

www.businessspectator.com.au

It may sound like something straight out of a James Bond movie, but believe it or not, Australia’s major banks are moving to embrace biometric security systems

By using biometric security there would not be a need for customers to have the plastic card nor to remember a PIN.

Customers would press a thumb against a scanner or have their eye scanned and then be able to complete the transaction.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
So the major Australian banks are moving to embrace this,really should not come as a surprise.

Identity theft is an ever growing problem around the globe

In Australia $1.4b lost to identity crime last year

In the US it 13.8 billion in 2010,so its a major problem.

What really bothers me about this type of bio tech, is if someone gets access to your accounts,we ring up and cancel our cards and get new ones.I`ve had this happen to me and was fully reimbursed all that they took.

But what do we do if or when they swipe our bio info? eventually theives will find a way and Its not like you can ring up and renew your finger prints or eye print.

If it works here for a time,other countries banks will jump on board.

I`m not feeling easy about what the next installment/solution to the problem will be,if my fears about the new tech is correct.Taged by RFID next?

www.businessspectator.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I feel safer now,
ID thief's only have to pluck my eye balls out,
and cut of my thumbs off.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
And if they are real smart,
they could cut my tongue out,
and I would never be able to testify in court
to convict them.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Dear gps777,

Here is a link to the source document that is causing all the current discussion. The press release is from Australia and New Zealand Banking Group. The group had a survey done and 67% of the respondents said they would be "comfortable" with being required to have their fingerprint act as verification of their identity.

No cash, no worries your fingerprint will do, new survey reveals

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

My point exactly,
I knew no one would believe a blind,
old thumb-less man,
that can't speak.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Cheers for link Aquestion,I`m guessing what ever seems easiest for the populace wins.

reply to post by Rudy2shoes

thanks for the image.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
There are systems in place that "sniff" your chemical makeup (DNA) for the key. Other systems can do it from a distance.
gizmodo.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Dear gps777,

I am going to provide you a link to a YouTube video. The video is of a CNBC interview where they discuss becoming a cashless society. In order to become "cashless", the banking institutions would have to agree on a worldwide system of verification. Different systems are being used in different countries as I write this. It is also being proposed that everyone be given an individual IP address that would be yours for life, think of it as a international form of identification going beyond a national ID. Your IP will become your ID and be linked to your personal biometrics. What the anchor says at the 4 minutes and 42 seconds the anchor basically says that for us to have an electronic currency, we would all need to be biometrically identified and it would need to be international in scope. Peace.

YouTube - Biometric ID Cards Replace Cash

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Well my mind is officially blown,I had no idea this have been thought about on a global scale and a one world currency just based on this type of tech.

Great contribution Aquestion thanks

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Well my mind is officially blown,I had no idea this have been thought about on a global scale and a one world currency just based on this type of tech.

Great contribution Aquestion thanks

Dear gps777,

It is a pleasure to discuss these things with you. Another article that you might find interesting is from CNN. Apple's secret plan to join iPhones with airport security. Basically, Apple is creating a program that would allow you to travel worldwide without any physical cash or identification, it would all be virtual and require biometric identification. Sweden has stated that it would like to eliminate all physical cash within the next two years, as it is you cannot take public transportation without using electronic payments.

My understanding, based on discussions with people involved in "high" finance is that the intent is to go to a global electronic currency which is pegged on the natural resources of a country (not just a gold standard) , it's workforce and it's infrastructure for delivering products. Many people are falling for the return to the gold standard and don't even consider how irrational such a system would be today. Oil has a value and a use, rare minerals have a value and a use (needed for all high tech such as smart phones). Why would the currency of a country that has lots of oil; but, no gold be valueless?

Let us assume that Sweden eliminates all cash, Swedes will still want to travel and if they travel the rest of the world would have to accept their electronic currency, that requires international agreement by the banks at a minimum.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rudy2shoes

That if you don't get cancer and become blind first from the eye scanners.

edit on 15-10-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'm not in favor of a system where instead of just taking your wallet, a mugger will have to resort to cutting off limbs or tearing out eyes.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The more "secure" something is, the more believable it is when the security is thwarted by someone. So when a bypass or technique is used to undermine the system, no one will believe the person who is getting victimized.

"Sorry Sir, I don't believe you because it's impossible."

edit on 15-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If someone could have seen this coming it could have been interrupted as right hand or fore head maybe?
or not

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This technology is simply the entry way to a micro chipped population. You will not be able to buy, nor sell, without a chip implanted in your hand.

Biometrics is just the gateway to micro chipping the population.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster09
This technology is simply the entry way to a micro chipped population. You will not be able to buy, nor sell, without a chip implanted in your hand.

Biometrics is just the gateway to micro chipping the population.

I disagree. Biometrics are far more effective than chips. And chips are really not needed with widely used biometrics. While I digress, once the system has been corrupted, it will be iron clad method of fraud, until then it is one of the greatest way to verify identities....

What would be the purpose of a chip if all the same information could be read through biometrics? The only thing is data storage, which in the case of medical information it's useful.

Perhaps you have a point if money was changed through chips but needed to verify the user first through biometrics?
edit on 15-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

What if the thief/mugger starts to take a finger or two from his/her victims, also eyeballs.
You see it happen in the movies/TV all the time
edit on 16/10/12 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

What would be the purpose of a chip if all the same information could be read through biometrics? The only thing is data storage, which in the case of medical information it's useful.

Control. With a chip, your every movement, your every action can be tracked. It's the ultimate form of power and political control over an individual.

Perhaps you have a point if money was changed through chips but needed to verify the user first through biometrics?

You won't be able to buy or sell without the chip in your wrist or hand, possibly your forehead. Don't want to go along with the chip? You'll go hungry fast, and won't be able to participate in the global economy.

Not only is this biblical, but it's real technology available right now. It's just a matter of preparing the masses to accept the chip. It won't be long before the chip will be the "in" fashion statement, similar to tattoos and other fads. It will truly be the Mark of the Beast.

What if the thief/mugger starts to take a finger or two from his/her victims, also eyeballs. You see it happen in the movies/TV all the time .

Exactly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join