It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should ATS Have an Animals/Pets Forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Ok, I tried to get a response from Mods and owners on this idea in the Board Forum but so far only the members have weighed in. In a positive way I might add.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I really think that a Pets/Animals forum will do well on ATS and I will post the exact OP here so those members that don't frequent the Board Forum can have their say:

Just noticed another animal thread and there are tons of them on ATS. Why not a type of animal Forum? Could be used as anything from Rover's new home to those nasty little cat vids .

I can see it used as the posting place for the animal cruelty threads as well. Many members have pets and they are as close to us as family members...closer sometimes. Fido and Mr. Whiskers just don't belong in crypto or chit chat threads IMO. Just a thought.

And a great reply from member JohnPhoenix:

Ya know.. conspiracy wise there are many issues that do deal with animals like Cats. For instance, their foods are as bad for them as our GMO, additive, preservative laden foods.

For example there are issues of dry VS moist foods causing teeth to fall out and other health problems. (dry foods keep cats teeth healthier longer because the cats are always cleaning the teeth as they chew) and many popular cat forums ignore this and promote moist foods - mostly processed foods not foods like the foods they find in nature.

Those companies are just as dishonest and greedy as is Monsanto. I can see ATS members discussing these issues, perhaps more intelligently than they do on most pet forums. So, Yes, I do think there could be a pet/animal forum that would have merit and it wouldn't have to be just a place to post gazillions of pictures.

My response:

SPCA, cruelty, rescues etc. Our lives are surrounded by these issues and so much of it gets lost here on ATS in a number of different forums that one place would be a definite plus IMO.

I really believe a forum such as this could consolidate the animal threads and give more of a focus on where to post.

Just putting it out there.

Oh I almost forgot to add the required
here. Thanks to Regenstorm:

Peace

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Not a bad idea.

I was thinking a Russia specific forum too.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Once again, I totally agree.

They make up such a significant part of our lives and they possess unique abilities that we can only dream about.

The Octopus
The Dolphin
The Killer Whale

Ants
Birds
Dogs / cats

They feature in ancient cultures
They feature on company and country logo's / flags
There is symbology associated with them

Come on Mods / site owners - you know you want to................right

Wadda we want - animals, when do we want them - now

edit on 14-10-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by jude11

Once again, I totally agree.

They make up such a significant part of our lives and they possess unique abilities that we can only dream about.

The Octopus
The Dolphin
The Killer Whale

Ants
Birds
Dogs / cats

They feature in ancient cultures
They feature on company and country logo's / flags
There is symbology associated with them

Come on Mods / site owners - you know you want to................right

Wadda we want - animals, when do we want them - now

edit on 14-10-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

Agreed,

There are so many animal/pet threads that get lost in random forums and I know many people love their little furry, scaly, slimy, feathered friends enough to fill a specific forum very well.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Not to be a smart ass or anything but isn't that why we have a general chit chat forum? I realize pets are a big part of peoples lives and what not but I don't think they really need to add a seperate forum when there's one like I said above. Just my opinion

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
You have an ongoing thread here already,
Animals/Pets Forum?

Thread closed

Sauron
Super-Moderator

new topics

top topics

join