It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone is stealing our water!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I wonder if this is connected to dissapearing things that people are reporting, perhaps something..beyond our understanding of reality is happening?

abovetopsecret..

or just search "dissapearing"

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

This is funny, because for two yrs or so we got huge water bills, despite going through all the things you went through to no avail. There used to be a guy who lived here who stole water from the pumphouse somehow, but he has been gone for years and this is a totally different house than was here then.

At any rate, we got 250-300 dollar water bills that suddenly dropped back down to an acceptable 50-60 dollars with no change in users or leaks found. The water company said they would make an adjustment to our bill and gave us a $40 credit after paying a couple years of inflated bills plus investigation costs incurred and no recourse but to pay or be disconnected!

They got us right where they want us for sure with the utilities. I own the property with the well on it that supports 9 houses, but I got no water rights so I pay the man just like everybody else. I keep running in to what a strange world we are living in.

Peace...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
You said it yourself, why would Aliens steal water from residential areas when they could go to remote lakes or rivers where no one would see or notice? It doesn't make any sense. Plus, you are assuming that they understand our water supplies and our plumbing. Do you think an advanced race from trillions of miles away would bother working out how to tap into your water supply to refuel their ship over getting it from the above places? Also , where would they park? There must be CCTV cameras in the area, have their been any sightings of UFOs parked up on the high street?

I think the conspiracy here, if any, would be the utility company trying to fleece you by fiddling with your meter so you have to pay them more. OR there could be a neighbour who wants free water rather than having to use theirs (most likely explanation).But aliens... stealing YOUR water??? What are the chances really?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
You said it yourself, why would Aliens steal water from residential areas when they could go to remote lakes or rivers where no one would see or notice? It doesn't make any sense. Plus, you are assuming that they understand our water supplies and our plumbing. Do you think an advanced race from trillions of miles away would bother working out how to tap into your water supply to refuel their ship over getting it from the above places? Also , where would they park? There must be CCTV cameras in the area, have their been any sightings of UFOs parked up on the high street?

I think the conspiracy here, if any, would be the utility company trying to fleece you by fiddling with your meter so you have to pay them more. OR there could be a neighbour who wants free water rather than having to use theirs (most likely explanation).But aliens... stealing YOUR water??? What are the chances really?

Believe it or not (and I guess you won't, but that's perfectly okay and understandable), I have seen a lot of very, very strange things in my life, things that don't fall under our very human and very limited laws of logic. Things that don't make sense at all. I know there are a lot of other people out there who understand what I mean. Those experiences have left my mind open to all possibilities. That does not mean I subscribe to all of them.

I did not say that I believe aliens are stealing my water. I am merely considering that possibility on purely speculative grounds. Just a "what if" scenario. Like I said, it could well be the water company. However, the way the water pipes are set over here in our country, it would be difficult for the water company to fiddle with individual meters. It does not happen to all households, just a lot more than should be usual. Also, we have had the water tapping thing checked. As I said in my original post, our water meter and all our pipes are above-ground and exposed, so you can clearly see if anyone is tapping into it. Nada in that department.

Like I said, if it IS the water company, then it should happen to everyone in our neighborhood, but no, not everyone is experiencing this. But we've found out that a lot of households have been having this problem. I just thought maybe something is happening that people are not aware of because nobody has yet found out that the problem is widespread.

Again, I repeat, the part about the UFOs is pure speculation. I am not claiming "aliens" are stealing the water. But like I said, I have had a lot of UFO sightings so when it comes to UFOs, I am not a believer -- I am a knower. I know they are there. However, I do not know what (or who) they are, and if they are responsible for this. About the CCTVs catching UFOs in the street, I do not believe these things (again, I am not sure they are "aliens") operate that way, on that level of reality. I have seen them shape-shift, and I have seen them disappear and appear out of thin air. I have seen shadow entities, and I have seen things being moved by invisible forces. Do you think you can catch "them" doing whatever they are doing with a simple CCTV?

Also, I want to make it clear that I said UFOs, not aliens. I do not automatically equate the two, as you do. I have had many sightings but I do not yet know what they are.

Anyway, for us over here, it is still as of now a mystery. Like I said, the professional plumbers are scratching their heads. I have tried keeping an overnight vigil some nights ago and did not see anything. I also have a dog loose in the yard who would raise up a ruckus if anyone even approached the property.

I myself do not have answers. As I said, it also does not make sense to me. That is why I posted here. Maybe someone has had a similar experience and has found an answer.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by topquark

i would assume that your plumbers have checked for someone putting a "t" connector in on your line or for a loose section of pipe that someone could pop in a connection overnight? not sure how it is set up in your area but i know where i am the pipe comes up out of the ground forming an upside down "U" at the gauge, then back down underground to the house, in between the house and the gauge is where i would be paying special attention to. i know some areas have it all above ground, a large bundle of pipes, could be a "T" connection in between all the pipes making it hard to spot. it could look just like a connector on the pipe if mounted so that the branch out enters the main mass of pipes. water pipes here from what i have seen are all blue plastic or PVC.

unfortunately a night camera is not only very expensive here (like a lot of electronics), but would also likely go missing, so that really isn't the most workable idea. one thing you might try is to put a lock through the shutoff lock hole when it is open so they can't turn it off to add a connection in without cutting off your lock. could also be an idea to "stake out" from a spot where you could observe the pipes while not being seen. would be a long boring night or nights tho. a set of "toy" night vision goggles would be nice for that but i haven't seen any for sale here, i got mine back in north america, they were farely cheap but work pretty well.

i will be trying to keep an eye on our water usage now as well, thanks for the heads up.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by generik

i would assume that your plumbers have checked for someone putting a "t" connector in on your line or for a loose section of pipe that someone could pop in a connection overnight? not sure how it is set up in your area but i know where i am the pipe comes up out of the ground forming an upside down "U" at the gauge, then back down underground to the house, in between the house and the gauge is where i would be paying special attention to. i know some areas have it all above ground, a large bundle of pipes, could be a "T" connection in between all the pipes making it hard to spot. it could look just like a connector on the pipe if mounted so that the branch out enters the main mass of pipes. water pipes here from what i have seen are all blue plastic or PVC.

unfortunately a night camera is not only very expensive here (like a lot of electronics), but would also likely go missing, so that really isn't the most workable idea. one thing you might try is to put a lock through the shutoff lock hole when it is open so they can't turn it off to add a connection in without cutting off your lock. could also be an idea to "stake out" from a spot where you could observe the pipes while not being seen. would be a long boring night or nights tho. a set of "toy" night vision goggles would be nice for that but i haven't seen any for sale here, i got mine back in north america, they were farely cheap but work pretty well.

i will be trying to keep an eye on our water usage now as well, thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the tips. These could prove to be very helpful. I assume you're from over here in Pinas as well? I will do as you say and do an ocular inspection of the pipes tomorrow morning and look for the things you mentioned. One thing though. All our neighbors are "well off" and I could not imagine any of them tapping our water. The nearest household I could think of who might do that is over in the next street parallel to ours, at the back of our house. We could not see any pipes or any sort of connection from our place to theirs. Is there a way for them to tap our water without our seeing it? About the stakeout, as you can see from my post above, we have already done that and did not see anything. The meter would just start spinning like mad some time past 11, nearing midnight, and then abruptly stop at around 5 AM. We stayed up during this time period and did not see anything. Also, as I said, my dog would go nuts if anybody even approached the property at that time of night.

But anyway, thanks again and I will continue investigating this mystery. Will post whatever I find out here.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It's not aliens dude.

Especially because you are in the Philippines and money is tighter there in general, I would guess that somebody is stealing water from you and your neighbors because water costs money. They are using it for something, because they go through enough water that it saves them a significant amount of money to steal it.

The major commercial consumers of water in your area are almost certainly either agricultural operations or for electric power generation, because it is used to cool power generating equipment.

On a smaller scale, there are a lot of different sorts of small businesses that would use a significant amount of water and could be looking to steal water to reduce their expenses and pocket more profit.

Had you followed the hose you found that day, it would have almost certainly led you to a truck with a big water tank on it. They are coming to your neighborhood and filling it up at night. A truck like that might be used by a construction company of some sort to provide water for cooling off hot equipment. But that's just one idea of the kind of thing you'd be looking for.

It could be something that a lower level manager is doing as a way to skim a 'little money on the side.' He'd go out and steal a truck full of water every time he needed one, instead of buying it. Then he'd pocket the money that was allocated for buying the water.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 11andrew34

This seems to make the most sense to me anyways, 11andrew34.
But a truck cargo type would atract alot of curious looks especially at night with i presume a generater running the vacume pump,
If the OP can post a map or utility pipline diagram of the area this would help, There has to be a feeder coupling somwhere to aid with the thieft of the water.

The meter is located to the nearside of the house i presume, can you just not isolate with a stop cock ?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Don't you have a cell phone that can take vid or pics? You should have taken a pic of that hose. I would be documenting the midnight meter activity with photos/vids. Get your neighbors involved. Is it happening to others during the midnight hours? At the same degree of usage? Get yourselves unified, have lots of visual and written documentation from the neighbors that are affected and demand answers as a group. Even if some can't get visual, you can write down the meter reading usage at say, 15 min or 30 minute intervals and the dates. After you send in your proof to the water company, you should insist they send out an employee to see for themselves - at all the sites experiencing this activity. You will be more effective as a group. If some of your neighbors don't want to help but are experiencing the water loss, offer to document for them

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It seems that, if you are being billed for it, the loss is happing at or after the meter. That it is the same time every night might mean theft or something like a faulty water heater. Try checking your water using appliances for proper function.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It's mostly likely the water company. I had a situation where my washer broke down and had to go to the laundromat for 2 months. I was also busy at the time and would let the dishes pile up for a few days before turning on the dishwasher. The water company sent me a bill for $348.00! for that time period. I didn't pay it, and a few months later the water company knocked $200.00 off my bill. I never even gotten around to making a complaint. I believe the water company would of never alerted me that there was an issue and just allowed me to pay the outlandish bill

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by topquark

I went online to look for an explanation and the only mysterious entities who are known to "steal" water are UFOs. I found also to my surprise that there have been other sightings of the mysterious black hose connected to UFOs that seem to be stealing water.

Topquark, don't know if it's happening in your specific case but you're not wrong about the numerous global reports of UFOs taking on water, there's a list of cases at the thread below and also quite a few black hose, pipe, tube and cylinder reports.

Unusual reports of UFOs 'taking on water'

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Put a lockable stop tap on the pipe just after the meter so you can completely isolate your side of the plumbing from the supply side over night and when you fancy restricting the supply and see if there is movement on the meter and if so you can get them to replace it and if someone is stealing it they'll have to move onto some other suckers water supply

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Oddly we too had a 3 Times the usual Summer increase. More then both our neighbors! We called the water company and found our neighbors had a leak but LOL WE DIDN'T! Yet our water was 3 times more? WHAT THE?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
dumb question of the day.
Do you have a water softener?
They usually are stet for after midnight and use a bunch of water at that time.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Tonight when your snoozing will pop by and secretly place a magnet just underneath the meter at the right angle

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Set up a trail cam, that way you can see if anything shows up. If your water still disappears when that thing doesn't snap a pic, then you have an alien problem

edit on 10/15/2012 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11andrew34
It's not aliens dude.

Especially because you are in the Philippines and money is tighter there in general, I would guess that somebody is stealing water from you and your neighbors because water costs money. They are using it for something, because they go through enough water that it saves them a significant amount of money to steal it.

The major commercial consumers of water in your area are almost certainly either agricultural operations or for electric power generation, because it is used to cool power generating equipment.

On a smaller scale, there are a lot of different sorts of small businesses that would use a significant amount of water and could be looking to steal water to reduce their expenses and pocket more profit.

Had you followed the hose you found that day, it would have almost certainly led you to a truck with a big water tank on it. They are coming to your neighborhood and filling it up at night. A truck like that might be used by a construction company of some sort to provide water for cooling off hot equipment. But that's just one idea of the kind of thing you'd be looking for.

It could be something that a lower level manager is doing as a way to skim a 'little money on the side.' He'd go out and steal a truck full of water every time he needed one, instead of buying it. Then he'd pocket the money that was allocated for buying the water.

That would make sense, yes. However, I live in a private subdivision with a guardhouse up front and where almost all residents are, if not rich, at least well-off. There are no squatters in our area or anything of the sort.

About the hose, from where the water drums were that day, I had a clear, full view of the road and there was not a single vehicle in sight. Our neighborhood is a very, very quiet neighborhood. In addition, I do not see how the person with that hose could have gotten in, since we have a high fence and our gate was locked.

I know your explanation is the most likely one. However, as I mentioned in my original post, we have had two plumbers examine the pipes for leaks and for illegal water tappers and they found nothing. This is precisely why I consider this a mystery.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

This thread may have answered my question about our rrsrvor/lake water us also disapearing over40ft low in 1 year. About a year ago for about a week I saw 2 times ufo over the lake, then shortly after within a couple days I started noticing the lake looked an inch or so lower, no one believe me the lake is getting lower for about 2 months, but when you suddenly notice 10/15 ft drop they have to see. I been claiming this past year I believe it was something to do with the ufos I saw.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranoidfreak
Tonight when your snoozing will pop by and secretly place a magnet just underneath the meter at the right angle

Can you explain exactly how this works? Would they need to attach anything else apart from that magnet?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join