It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Age = Satanism?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Christianity, my own faith, in many ways has been hijacked. Compassion, love, humility, and charity have been replaced by fear, superstition, and militancy. It's a disgrace to Christ and all of His teachings.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
All groups of people will have evil people in the backround. The same way that Christians have some priests that are child molesters, and Muslims have some terrorists. Does that mean all people are like that? No way. So to say it's so is probably a ridiculous idea. But people will think what they want.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You have chosen to rewrite yourselves rather than confront the reality you have chosen. I will have no part in it, other than to laugh at you when you finally see the truth.

re-write ourselves? I advocated supernatural creation, young earth age and universal flood as per Genesis...I have given you evidences for this...you chose not to confront reality and answer to any of them...

I do not laugh....truth has been presented and it has been passed over...it is sad when people do not confront reality and yet still think they are living in truth, there is little hope left

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

re-write ourselves? I advocated supernatural creation, young earth age and universal flood as per Genesis...I have given you evidences for this...you chose not to confront reality and answer to any of them...

No. If it were fact, Christianity would be worldwide by now. It would be an established regime. The fact that you are actually losing your foothold stands testament to the reality of your system. Christianity functions as little more than a security blanket now, emotional stability, Novacain to numb the reality of what we humans have become in our mad conquest for perfection.

I do not laugh....truth has been presented and it has been passed over...it is sad when people do not confront reality and yet still think they are living in truth, there is little hope left

Then we have a mutual regard for one another.
edit on 5-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I have to chime in here because these narrow world views need to be combated. Most people in the world have realized that traditional religion is not the path to salvation. Do you think if everyone in the world became Christian, or Jewish, or Muslim, or whatever faith you want, all the problems in the world would end. Most people don't believe in religion nowadays because traditional religion is so clearly wrong, it is responsible for genocide upon genocide and war upon war. It is hard for most people to understand that there is one truth and no religion has a monopoly on truth (despite how hard people may want to believe theirs does), and that the religions were different rays of that truth which were revealed by angels to MANY individuals. Do they think god is so stupid that when people die he judges based upon which faith they were? What about a man in an Indian village who lives his life and never even knows or hears about Christianity and dies, do people think he is condemned to hell? If so how is that fair?

When new age thinkers come along and show higher meanings to the religions and try to wake the masses from brainwashing they are under, people cry they are misleading us because they is preaching brotherhood and love for all, while most hold onto hatred for anybody who doesn't share the beliefs of their religion. When people with such beliefs come to power, that is when crimes like the wiping off the Native Americans from the face of the earth, or the Norse, druids, Germanic tribes occur, and I could go on and on.

See, most of us in the world know that traditional religion is a bunch of nonsense, and was used as a tool by imperialistic leaders hell bent on conquering the world, particularly the Romans. All their propaganda infiltrated Christianity, much like propaganda of leaders infiltrated pretty much all religions. You are a by product of that propaganda. Yet most people hold on to such notions and ideas that most of the world now knows as silly.

These people calling new age belief systems deception should take a good hard look at themselves and their belief systems. I'm sorry but it is the traditional religious folk who are deceived and under delusions, not new age thinkers.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd
reply to post by BlavatskyChannel

I do not believe in Satan, other than the Satan/Devil/Evil I create for myself, which is a part of me just as much as my God self. As you know, we cannot have one without the other.

But most importantly, I know that we all create the world we want for ourselves, no matter how hard that may be for some to understand. "Satan" and "God", "Heaven" and "Hell" are creations of man and man has a wonderful imagination.

I had a conversation with a friend of mine concerning duality in which we created a few allegories to describe the true nature of harmony which you might find interesting.

It is my belief harmony or "the good" can exist in and of itself without disharmony or "the bad". Transversely, discord requires harmony to be discord in that it is a perversion of tonal unity, which is negative. By its very definition disharmony requires something better than itself to be. One could consider disharmony as having a parasitic lower existence to harmony's pure existence.

This is a very cognitive explanation. A more grounded metaphor could be as follows.
A tree at its roots has a mushroom growing out of it. Their relationship is sembiotic, they exchange minerals and nutrients in a way that is mutually beneficial to each other. They are existing together in harmony. It is a pure sustainable relationship. The mushroom COULD grow alone and be fine, so could the tree, but instead they are together in harmony like two musical notes.

Along comes a parasitic bacteria that infects both the mushroom and the tree. The tree and mushroom don't need this bacteria at all, but, the bacteria NEEDS the host to exist. It causes both the tree and mushroom to die, spreading itself to the next victim tree in the meantime. This bacteria is like discord, it needs something other than itself to exist, and simply by existing as a parasite it creates decay and premature death.

I do not think good needs evil, or that we need evil, I think rather that evil itself needs good to exist. People die from old age naturally, murder needs a victim. Community csn exist between nations, war needs an enemy. Happyness can exist in and of itself, hate needs a target. We could do with out all these discords and the object of their decay would still be fine without them.

This leads me to think pantheism is a farce. Existance makes necessary itself in being, which is good for it is in and of itself good to be, only later does evil have the potential to parasite off this inherent goodness called being, which means evilness is inherently unnecessary.

As to your claims God and Satan, Odin and Loki, Horus and Set, Vishnu and Shiva are simply man made, that is a claim I cannot dissprove with logic, but in my heart's mind I know to be false. There are forces at work above and below this plane which I have personally experienced and know to be outside the realm of my consciousness. I dont think however we are simply causal pawns in this though, I think the truth is somewhere between dogmatic tradition and the self responsability of projection you describe.

I believe my higher self chose to participate with these forces in a way my current conscious cannot currently fathom, and that myself and these forces are coauthors of my existence. The goal in all of this is to work towards harmony, the only necessary component of happiness, while working to heal and prevent disharmony, the main component of fear and sadness which are unnecessary to existence.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Do you believe in the ten commandments? What is the first one?

You shall have no other gods before me says in the Christian bible and still the so called Christians created a idol (view/religion) of god that is a lie since part of it is total lies and some of it is simplifications that are not very helpful.

Seek a connection to god and get guided by the holy spirit instead of filling the cup/mind with small minded dogma so the holy spirit have no room to enter.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by STARTRUTH49
reply to post by KSigMason

Glad to see someone " sees" the truth !

ATS seems to be infested with this lot, give these people power and they would persecute us all, im very sure of it that they are the ones in lives before that are guilty of this

They are creating a lot of duality in me also and a wish to give them the karma mirror all the time to maybe make them understand their behaviour. Their small mindedness makes me answer in the same way. We probably should ignore their jabs and answer nicely but they are truelly annoying me with their dualistic ego understanding.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykah

As to your claims God and Satan, Odin and Loki, Horus and Set, Vishnu and Shiva are simply man made, that is a claim I cannot dissprove with logic, but in my heart's mind I know to be false.

If you cannot disprove our claim with logic, then your heart lies to you. It wouldn't be the first time, I'm sure. This is why we have scientists instead of priests. One interprets the world according to what it tells us, and the other interprets the world according to what it wants the world to say.
edit on 1-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

watch the imagine dragons radioactive video breakdown

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hello, I'm New on here, I've been interested in this just recent ly and actually I haven't read any of the posts here yet but I only know that Christianity was made up to make people believe, where the theory of new age is being bad.i have no other idea really.
Out of curiousity are there actually New Agers on here?
brilliant site

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join