It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Age = Satanism?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Well really the OP isn't about that New Age = Satanism, it's more about the trend that classifiesNew Age as such.
But to my mind, the some of the ancient ways were/are all about a pacifistic spirituality. And in the main, I pretty much agree with you.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Do new age people dream of electric sheep Satanists and do Satanists dream of electric sheep Newagers, the dreamer and the dreamed, who is creating who?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Most "new age" propaganda seems geared towards getting people to accept an "anything goes" attitude. Modern Family etc. Id say it certainly goes hand in hand with Satanism.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Ugh, those last few posts disgust me.

Look, it really is quite simple. If it comes from unconditional love, pay heed to it. If it comes from anything else, discern the information and take only what rings true and right, and discard the rest.

In the end, what really matters is not what other people think of you, but what you ARE.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

If it comes from anything else, discern the information and take only what rings true and right, and discard the rest.

There's a small problem here...no one is emotionally pure, which means their reasons to believe or disbelieve will not be pure, which means their judgment in these matters is almost certainly guaranteed to be partial, biased, or influenced to the point that "ringing true" will be more a matter of "do I like this answer" or "do I feel comfortably with this" and "can I find a half-truth that would make me feel better".

That's all we want, is to feel better about things, not to know the truth.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
New age centers around various mysticism and psuedo-science, Satanism is a rebellion of religion, however unequivocally linked to religion itself. From the perspective of most orthodox religion, it is considered a violation to dabble in the realm of the spirt, for it is where the collective soul resides, and tampering with it invites evil and de-stabilisation and eventually a disconnection from your natural spiritual plane of existence. In that sense, yes, those things are "Satanistic" because it is an invitation for beings and phenomenon from the "back alleys" to enter and take over those hapless souls who step into chaos without a cardigan.
edit on 19-10-2012 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

New age centers around various mysticism and psuedo-science

It's only pseudo-science because it hasn't been discovered or concretely proven yet. Taking the history of scientific research into consideration, I would say it's a bit hasty to label "new age" as bunk or superstition just because we don't have the scientific knowledge to know where or how to look. If anything, label the human species as "still learning".

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Science as a concept relies upon testing and proof, what we really have are an array of "theories" however, and I agree, current technology is not advanced enough to measure such phenomenon.

I guess one day they will invent such things as telepathic field projectors, etheric condensors and polarity isolation fields.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Buddha
Moron
JW
Satanists
Luciferians
Muslim
Hindu
Bahi
New age
Witchcraft
Spiritualism
Paganism
Masons and other secrets societies
Illuminati
Voodoo
Noris Gods
Greek mythology
Astrology

All of these and more are all Satans different religions and practices, all designed to distract humans from simply finding Jesus. Some more forthcoming than others, but all designed to distract and confuse people about who there creator is.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Buddha
Moron
JW
Satanists
Luciferians
Muslim
Hindu
Bahi
New age
Witchcraft
Spiritualism
Paganism
Illuminati
Voodoo
Noris Gods
Greek mythology
Astrology

All of these and more are all Satans different religions and practices...

The tolerance of fundementalist Christianity strikes again.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

See why I have such high praise for Conservative Christians? Conservative Christians are the most fundamentalist Judaics you will ever meet, besides the Jews...but I can't ever remember having a Jew look me in the eye and say, "You're going to hell."

All the Jews I've ever met were pretty decent people, actually.

edit on 20-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This video is for the narrow minded individual to open to its full potential... start here! lol

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Can you post a video whose narrator doesn't sound like he has a mouthful of tinfoil and a memory delay?

edit on 20-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Science as a concept relies upon testing and proof

It relies upon testing that WE are able to complete, and proof that WE are able to recognize and provide. Do not imply that science is limited by what we are able to accomplish - imply, rather, that we are limited by the science we are able to understand. Don't look to science as being incomplete. Look to us.

I guess one day they will invent such things as telepathic field projectors, etheric condensors and polarity isolation fields.

That depends entirely on what we desire, as it always has.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
Religion will never disappear. Man is naturally a spiritual animal. To deny spirituality and/or faith is to deny a part of us.

What makes man, man, is the ability to think in the abstract and religion is a very abstractedly based thought, so yes it will never go away. I think for one to wish religion and other abstractedly based thoughts be removed or just go away would be wishing humans not to be human...lol

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Buddha
Moron
JW
Satanists
Luciferians
Muslim
Hindu
Bahi
New age
Witchcraft
Spiritualism
Paganism
Illuminati
Voodoo
Noris Gods
Greek mythology
Astrology

All of these and more are all Satans different religions and practices, all designed to distract humans from simply finding Jesus. Some more forthcoming than others, but all designed to distract and confuse people about who there creator is.

I can see all these and more, but how the hell did "Satanists" make the list? Come on.....

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Buddha
Moron
JW
Satanists
Luciferians
Muslim
Hindu
Bahi
New age
Witchcraft
Spiritualism
Paganism
Illuminati
Voodoo
Noris Gods
Greek mythology
Astrology

All of these and more are all Satan's different religions and practices, all designed to distract humans from simply finding Jesus. Some more forthcoming than others, but all designed to distract and confuse people about who there creator is.

quite obviously, if you are not a born again Christian, and have been saved multiple times, you are one of Satan's minions. There really is no grey area, you must conform, or be cast into the depths of HELL! REPENT SINNERS! You will all face the wrath of an angry God of you don't run to the nearest church and not only accept Jesus as your savior, but offer up your worldly wealth to the church. Only then will you be truly save in the eyes of ..........well.....other born again Christians.

And here all this time I thought God loves everyone. Silly me.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Buddha
Moron
JW
Satanists
Luciferians
Muslim
Hindu
Bahi
New age
Witchcraft
Spiritualism
Paganism
Illuminati
Voodoo
Noris Gods
Greek mythology
Astrology

I can see all these and more, but how the hell did "Satanists" make the list? Come on.....

Many satanists don't believe in an actual satan. It's just a concept to them, perhaps like mother earth. What is it exactly, they don't look at it as a personality, or fallen angel. Not all but some from what I've heard.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Buddha
Moron
JW
Satanists
Luciferians
Muslim
Hindu
Bahi
New age
Witchcraft
Spiritualism
Paganism
Illuminati
Voodoo
Noris Gods
Greek mythology
Astrology

All of these and more are all Satan's different religions and practices, all designed to distract humans from simply finding Jesus. Some more forthcoming than others, but all designed to distract and confuse people about who there creator is.

quite obviously, if you are not a born again Christian, and have been saved multiple times, you are one of Satan's minions. There really is no grey area, you must conform, or be cast into the depths of HELL! REPENT SINNERS! You will all face the wrath of an angry God of you don't run to the nearest church and not only accept Jesus as your savior, but offer up your worldly wealth to the church. Only then will you be truly save in the eyes of ..........well.....other born again Christians.

And here all this time I thought God loves everyone. Silly me.

So if you don't believe in God what do you believe? Where did the universe come from?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

LOL, you are an intolerant one aren't you.

Masonry isn't a religion, but you know that...Thou shall not bear false witness.

Nor is Freemasonry about "distracting humans from simply finding Jesus."

reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Personally, I wouldn't call him or any one of his ilk Christian. They are "christians" in name only and have taken the compassion and Jesus out of the religion and replaced it with militant hatred. I would classify all of them as radical zealots, fundamentalists regardless of what religion they are attempting to hijack, manipulate, and pervert.

reply to post by Xtrozero

Well said.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join