It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grey Wolf Shaman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If there is anyone that follows the Native American path here I could use some info.

I need to know some info on Gray Wolf Shaman. I'm not sure if it/he/she was a human elder or is a spirit totem. In my dream, he appeared as an old man. Otherwise as a large wolf. That's all I"m gonna say.

Yeah. I know. I sound bat crap crazy.

My path leans more to the Egyptian/Celtic Goddess ways.

Occasionally, I'll pick up a "contact" from the Native path for some reason. This one came through LOUD!

Thanks for your time.
edit on 14/10/12 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

I did a search on Google, and this came up:

He wore an intensely turquoise ceremonial shirt from which hung strips of blue, pink, and black ribbon, and his dark hair streaked with silver was pulled back into a ponytail. Short and stout, he had a weathered face that boasted prominent eyebrows and a salt-and-pepper mustache. Around his neck hung an amulet with carvings of a polar bear head and a human head, along with a bear claw. His name was Greywolf, and as he sang his songs to the four directions, he moved with a notable deliberateness. Out beyond him, punctuating the blue sky over the Big Chico Creek Ecological Reserve, flew a solitary red-tailed hawk

Link:Healing or hooey?

Seems to be an Alaskan native shaman

If an animal totem, it is one of strength .

funkman.org...

Which one is up to you.....

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Was he a shapeshifter? Was there a particular focus on your part before this encounter? Sometimes the behavior and or circumstance hold more value than the animal totem itself.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Thanks for the quick replies.

I"m not sure if it was a skinwalker or not. Dont think so.

Last night when i was outside prior to a storm that blew through, I saw (with my eyes open) a large (say 300-400lb.) wolf "shape" run across my back yard. We have a lot of elemental activity in our back yard. Looks like an empty square, fenced area surrounded by jungle. When the moon is out it gets very interesting.

I do not use drugs.

Last night, there was some really heavy mojo coming down with the storm. Normally, I just enjoy the storms and dont think much about it other than the elementals having a blast.

This was different somehow. There was a sense of being "deliberate" with the storm. It had "purpose".

Besides the awake "vision" and the dream I had, this morning we received the wonderful news that a friends niece that we were sure was likely dead (gone for like 4 weeks) TURNED UP HEALTHY!

In the dream, I was aware of two different streams of power. Norse and the Native American. I really cant remember much about what Grey Wolf told me but I made sure to remember the name. I dont believe I have NA blood (but who knows?). I'm pretty much straight up German and Scotts. I do have a great deal of respect toward the NA Elders though. Their ways seem very familiar.

As far as a particular "focus", I'm just like everyone else. I'm looking for answers. I have always been drawn to wolves though. A friend had one years ago. He was a joy to run with. He could communicate so well.

edit on 14/10/12 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I would be interested in what you can remember about the two streams of power,
Native and Norse.
I am a mix of both and experience a lot of stuff...

OR

you read the spirit animal guide thread and are messing with me....

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Thanks for the quick replies.

I"m not sure if it was a skinwalker or not. Dont think so.

Last night when i was outside prior to a storm that blew through, I saw (with my eyes open) a large (say 300-400lb.) wolf "shape" run across my back yard. We have a lot of elemental activity in our back yard. Looks like an empty square, fenced area surrounded by jungle. When the moon is out it gets very interesting.

I do not use drugs.

Last night, there was some really heavy mojo coming down with the storm. Normally, I just enjoy the storms and dont think much about it other than the elementals having a blast.

When you say "elementals", are you talking about thought forms and other various spiritual critters? I'm just trying to get a better visual on this beast that ran through your yard.

I'm not sure how you conduct your craft business but, if I were you, I'd hold a ritual asking for his return tonight. At least just for clarification. I'm actually just wrapping up something sort of similar and found that true intent really makes a difference when the need is there and you will probably get results. Good luck and keep us posted.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

On things of this nature, I am not going to mess with anyone.

That would be a major disrespect.

The dream moved very fast. That was why I held onto the name like I did. I knew I had to keep something from it.
The one thing I do remember doing was that (in the dream) I was tasked with getting this red clay/stone bowl thing for Grey Wolf. It seemed to have a handle to it or maybe it was a weird mortar and pestle. It was in a wooden shack with a few others. I had to pick the correct one. When I picked the one, the dream ended.
edit on 15/10/12 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

sylphs, undines, ect.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I remember having a dream like that once. A bunch of native guys were telling me this woman was evil, then this medicine woman appeared and she gave me a rice doll and told me to eat it. I was given a choice to either refuse or eat, and all of the guys were telling me not to but I did anyways,(it was the worst taste ever! BLEH!)
and went into a dream vision of my town flooding out, which happened a few weeks later.

Also had an old man in a dream show me a bunch of energy systems around the planet.
I have an old thread on that one called Dream Teachers.

Dream Teachers, They come in Dreams.

It happens.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the input.

Much of my mindset has changed over the last year.

Example. I no longer consider the day to day muslim an enemy. THAT took some work. One day I was just sitting and thinking and I had a sort of epiphany. I still dont care for their religion for myself (for that matter, I've little use for any organized religion). I just have realized (duh) that the "muslims" causing the fracas are there doing as they are commanded....by people. Those people are lost. Not unlike those westboro folks.
I've no faith in the jewish state either. Their government is every bit as corrupt as ours and everyone else. Most jews i'm good with but some are as misogynistic as christians or muslims.

I'm starting to wonder about this 2012 thing. I've been blowing it off from the get go but now I'm starting to wonder if maybe its not all death and destruction. Maybe death and destruction to that which needs it...like my former world view?

I've been reaching out to a guy that I think is a muslim in a game I play online. He may be baha'i though.
I just want info from THEM. I can smell a lie pretty well and this cat seems square.

Back to Grey Wolf.

When I was meditating last night, I could see the face of the old shaman but it constantly flashed back and forth from human to wolf. Rather interesting to say the least.

You know what they say, "when the student is ready, the teacher will appear".

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Any follow up on this experience so far?

*curious*

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have had an experience with a sylph but what is an undine?

One day I was just staring up at the sky and a 'cloud' just stayed above me. It was windy and other clouds went past him and he just stayed there. He then went upwards and disappeared. I just kept looking. Then he came down and was the exact same shape.

I had seen many other sylphs but he was the first one who was interested in me.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
wolf is my totem and guiding energy. The wolf energy. Hence the name under my title .youngwolf is my true name given to me by my guide. It is one of power in battle at least in my experience. There are other things I can do to invoke the energy of the wolf spirit within me. Actually when I searched for my guide some yrs ago I hoped it would be a large cat because I felt some connection with that motif and when my guide came to me it was quite a surprise to know that it was wolf. I had to pass some tests to get there its not just given to anyone.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
After more meditation,

The Grey Wolf was NOT shown to me as a totem.

It was the Shaman I have realized.

As quickly as he showed up, he went away....although leaving me with some introspection.

I've never really touched N.A. mysticism but have respected it. Now all the more for having experienced it in such an interesting way.

Its quite subtle in its strength.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I was tooling around ATS this evening and plugged "shaman" into Search and found this thread. I know it's awhile since you opened this thread, but I felt I had to respond.

I, too, know of Gray Wolf. I also have been drawn to Celtic shamanism, but in recent years, found Native American and aboriginal shamanism compelling.

My first "encounter" if you will was when I was sitting in the waiting area of a holistic practioner's office, who had NA flute music playing softly. I felt myself falling into an altered state, and had an internal journey/vision of Grandfather (a very short, elderly grey/white-haired man), who was Gray Wolf, who took my hand and led me to a large moonlit pond. I dove under and retreived a white circular stone. I was excited, knowing this held importance. I handed it to Gray Wolf, saying "Grandfather, look what I've found." He held it up against the night sky, and hung it there as the moon. I immediately shapeshifted into a mountain lion (strange, not a wolf), and I knew I was a mountain lion (which I call cougar), and began to move in this new body, seeing out of the cat's eyes. It was an intense experience.

Much has happened with Gray Wolf over the years, which would take volumes to write about.
But I wanted to acknowledge your post and share my experience.

I almost cried when I read your opening lines. A feeling of perhaps a shared teacher, a shared experience.
Thank you!

Galadriel

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I actually refer to Gray Wolf as "Grey Wolf" - not sure why, but that is how I see it spelled in my mind's eye.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Same interest here, I also would like to find a shaman and speak with them. Perhaps be able to learn from their experience and, find that extra puzzle piece towards enlightenment.

new topics

top topics

join