It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matter Observed Traveling at Almost Precisely the Speed of Light

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

in a black hole the matter is squeezed so tightly it is basically not even matter of any type any longer, it is squeezed out of existance.

The best way I have seen it expressed is that it is squeezed until all electrical cohesion of all particles breaks down, leaving behind nothing bjt energy.

Energy can by compressed into any space, and more can be added, as log as the pressure to hold it in keeps it from getting out.

The "inifnite" gravity of a black hole ( I say infinite not because it is infinite in the sense of across all space time, but it is inifnite across a planck length, a point, which technically doesn't exist, as it is the smallest unit ever proposed to be able to exist, with the same mass that would span many millions or billions of cubic miles of regular matter) is more than any known force can overcome. Resulting in the ability of even a single neutron being able to be squeezed tight enough to cause a microscopic black hole, as any mass at all squeezed into an infinitely small space would be infinite mass acroos an infinitely small space.

So the ability of any particle to exist in the space occupied by a singularity could not ever be of any particle type at all, only energy, as any amount of energy can occupy any space. It would only increase the energy, therefore the mass of the given space.

A naked singularity as yet unproven, but theoretically plausable, would be matter still. So not a singularity at all, as singularity by definition occupies either, a point, a planck length, or an infinitely small space. All 3 are equally accurate, except a planck length would still occupy space, just so small of a space as to be infinitely small.

Ok now my head hurts from talking in circles.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai
reply to post by ImaFungi

Actually this is consistent with what could be verified technologically by Astrophysics in 1985 .

For the record Cygnus X3 is 37,000 light years from Earth

Any thoughts?

edit on 14-10-2012 by Kashai because: Added content

so it should take particles 37,000 years to get to us.... so every particle we receive we assume left the star 37,000 years ago? and there was some jump in the data related to its orbit around the center?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

So the ability of any particle to exist in the space occupied by a singularity could not ever be of any particle type at all, only energy, as any amount of energy can occupy any space. It would only increase the energy, therefore the mass of the given space.

Do you think before the big bang ( if that is what happened or close to it)... the universe was a particless black hole?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

At the center of a black hole as described by general relativity lies a gravitational singularity, a region where the spacetime curvature becomes infinite.[54] For a non-rotating black hole, this region takes the shape of a single point and for a rotating black hole, it is smeared out to form a ring singularity lying in the plane of rotation.[55]In both cases, the singular region has zero volume. It can also be shown that the singular region contains all the mass of the black hole solution.[56] The singular region can thus be thought of as having infinite density.

en.wikipedia.org...

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
There might be fast particles all around us.
They would be denied to keep us ignorant of the energy source.
Official science is very strict.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

I already said that in my post at the top of this page, so I have expressed my thoughts already.

Though it is very interesting to me, I would love to be able to observe this first hand, though spagetification on the way down the hole sounds less than fun to me.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Nontheless consider a quark star compressed to the size of a dime inside a black hole made by a star. Any matter entering the black hole would experience spaghettification. The issue being can a quark be split?

And what would be the result....

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Now that is one good question,indeed well done.

Well the answer is, it can be split into preons.

At present it is thought that the universe may be infinitely scaler and it goes both up and down into infinitum.

This would mean we are just standing on subatomic particles of some larger incarnate "atom" much like the atom is the next scale down from our universe. Then the next scale down is leptons and hadrons

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Spaghettification presents that matter entering a black hole could experience infinite density, so therefore becoming energy.

When one starts a fire, photons are released from the matter one is burning, could a black hole turn matter completely into photons? Understand that I know, in relation to modem thought that comment is a stretch.

But in relation to matter/anti-matter interactions what else is left??

Any thoughts?

edit on 15-10-2012 by Kashai because: modified content

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Question.... Are we a bunch of photons trapped in some kind of matrix, the result of the Big Bang?

Any thoughts?
edit on 15-10-2012 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Matter anitmatter interaction is known as annihilation, it is the single most energetic event know to exist atom for atom in the universe.

It turns both atom and anti atom into pure energy, with a very tiny fraction of matter left over. The event is 99.99999999999999999999999% efficient with .000000000000000000001% matter remaining( I didn't add enough 9s or 0s but you get the idea) a gram would be equivalent to the tzar bomba set off by the russians in the 60s, it was like 100 mega tons or some such rediculous number, basically capable os destroying a european country or US state in a single bomb.

Black holes are only known at present to "evvaporate" through "Hawkings radiation", but that is not to say we actually know, it may very well just be the way that the univverse recycles itself for a new big bang with all holes leading back to a singular dimension. We just don't know, we do know though that they don't pull light backwards faster than light travels forwards. They pull spacetime itself backwards faster than light can travel through it. Which is a very interesting thought in and of itself. Which means space time itself is also being "stored" away inside. Which leads to the possibility it is simply a gateway to another smaller( potentially) universe( unless we are in the smaller universe, and the parent universe ( the one the big bang started in, is just being repopulated))

So it is a very open and very cool area of science to lose entire lifetimes of thought, just thinking away, and never getting bored, as we are always learning more every day.

Been a real blast, but time for bed for me. Be back to talk more tomorrow, after the drinks and some sleep.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Soudron iron mines dont exist.........

there is however a Soudan iron mine in mn..... perhaps thats what they meant, they spelt it soudron twice in that article so it isnt a typo but a misspelling, while grammar may seem unimportant we are discussing a scientific article here and in those matters i should think it becomes more important why in the hell would they have no idea the name of the mine that supposedly plays a crucial role in detecting this?

ironically, i have plans very soon to visit and do the tour of this mine, it is ran daily, i will ask the tour guide about this, however i kinda expect to get a "idk wtf ur tawkin bout" simply cause the mine tour is all about mining, i will be surprised if they have any comprehension of science outside that hole in the ground, but we will see.
edit on 10/15/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Got to love it when new questions pop up. They are the driving force of science.

That's ironic, as i feel it should be the other way around.

Science should be the driving force of new questions...unfortunately, it seems to me that science and the scientific establishment is often threatened by difficult questions and tends to ignore many of them.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

They pull spacetime itself backwards faster than light can travel through it. Which is a very interesting thought in and of itself. Which means space time itself is also being "stored" away inside.

Which could also mean, that as a tipping point of 'stored spacetime' is reached, when compressed space and time reaches some kind of limit...the big bang will happen, 15 -20 Billion years into the past.

Perhaps this is the way the Cosmos works, in a never ending, time independent, cycle of cause and effect.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

I don't know much about particle physics, but it seemed to me from the start that if mass is proportional to energy and C takes infinite energy to acheive then the source of energy to get any particle close to C would have to be something not ever imagined yet otherwise formulae would have been revised to fit it long previously. But I read a quote the other day, I can't remember his name that all matter is interconnected light anyway. Its pretty messed up.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Nontheless consider a quark star compressed to the size of a dime inside a black hole made by a star. Any matter entering the black hole would experience spaghettification. The issue being can a quark be split?

And what would be the result....

Any thoughts?

I never got past the White Dwarf
white dwarf stellar monograph Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar

An Introduction to the Study of Stellar Structure

and the remaining electron gas that prevented total collapse.
I never went into the collapse of larger stars but the burnout process is the same to iron.
Then collapse as electrons have no force against the proton weight.
Then you have the process I never went into sub sub particles.

If there is light then there is still normal star activity except for the White Dwarf.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Indeed sir! Star for you.

This could also mean that all blackholes are a potential "big bang" in and of themselves. Which would help explain the reason all the matter in the universe is flyhing apart from eachother and accelerating, because it wasn't 1 big bang but many little big bangs.

There is no observable evidence for this though, as we would be able to see it happening, as if it occured 13 billion years ago, we would see it today as an explosion 13billion light years away.

That doesn't mean it isn't true either though, there are many phenomena we still haven't observed we know exist, and many others we have observed but can't explain.

Only time will tell.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Or force fields from galaxies can determine attraction or repulsion.
The varying static electric forces travel at the speed of light so acceleration is increasing
with nothing to hold the movement back.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

It means the object is moving neutrons ( a type of matter) so close to the speed of light, it is possible they are actually moving at the speed of light

Such a determination would violate Einsteins theory. But further, we know of no particle or process that would accelerate a particle to speeds like that in nature.

Any thought?

Actually it would be perfectly natural at the energies described in the article. Distile the facts to thier basics and what you have is an equation that must be balanced.

High energy on one side and high energy on the other.

Besides here on earth we can accelerate matter to 99.9% light speed....

Do more searching and you will see the truth of my words.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Spaghettification presents that matter entering a black hole could experience infinite density, so therefore becoming energy.

When one starts a fire, photons are released from the matter one is burning, could a black hole turn matter completely into photons? Understand that I know, in relation to modem thought that comment is a stretch.

But in relation to matter/anti-matter interactions what else is left??

Any thoughts?

I would have presumed that astrophysicists would have weighed the matter entering the hole and balanced that against the output of photons. If it doesn't weigh up then that matter is translating into something else. Maybe another universe.

edit on 15-10-2012 by Kashai because: modified content

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join