It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Endless crop circle by A272 'best this year'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I agree, this one looks very man made, a well done piece but to messy, clear tool tracks can be seen, the smaller circle has two walking tracks and the larger has three (top right of op's pics) I never understood crop circles, I believe some are not of this world but why crop circle's?, why not t.v, radio or a display in the sky? or even just hello in person, if E.T.'s are involved in creating such things, I think its a bit mean and a mess around only causing more confusion, it just seems a primitive means to communicate such complex messages (if any at all),

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobidinc

I suspect the legit circles are a mode of communication which employ some sort of layline or earth phi-grid technology whereby the communicating entity could be anywhere, even in another galaxy, albeit that's just speculation of course.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Source

A spectacular crop circle in a wheat field alongside the A272 at Cheesefoot Head is the best of the year, says a Sheet expert.

The pattern is about 250 metres in size and appears to be a labyrinth design, which historically has been used for religious, ritual and magic purposes.

Lucy Pringle, a founder member of the Centre for Crop Circle Studies in Sheet, said the mile long endless looping pattern is the "best this year."

She said: "To me its labyrinth design represents our journey through life. I think it's beyond the wit of man to produce something as intricate as this, as its geometric precision is highly accurate. But however it got there, to me it personifies the wonderful spirit of the Olympic Games."

The field, just yards from the A272, belongs to Peveril Bruce, owner of the Matterley Bowl estate, venue of the Boomtown music festival, and there has been speculation about a connection between festival-goers and the circle. The pattern was spotted by a passing lorry driver, whose high cab allowed him to look down into the wheat field to view it.

Whether man-made, aliens, inter-dimensional or Cymatics, this thing is a work of beauty.

The fact that the 'ribbon; is almost a mile long is outstanding.

Anyway, I was not really sure what form to put this in, as it could deal with many things, but seeing as it is not 'normal', paranormal would be best. If it would be better in another forum, feel free to move it.

I saw this and had to share it with all of you.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

Yes..

Mathematical precision of a complex pattern...in a wheat field in a couple hours; is there anything else to really say besides WOW?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

It really puzzles me why one would cross the Galaxy not to convey a message or establish communication but instead makes this Endeavour to set up some intergalactic art gallery

it's a puzzle! if earthlings figure them out, then the 'aliens' will know we are intelligent!

you answered your own question and didn't realize it.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Certainly is beautiful, but it looks too man made to me as well.
The little circle could be the base/start marker for a survey Theodolite (surveying) instrument, whereas all measurements are taken from the one spot.
Well done but why do these people bother, who are they trying to hoax? what is their point?
Certainly does'nt help the Paranormal "Movement".

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
On the one hand, I don't think 'some' of these crop circles are or could be made by humans, but that leaves one wondering why would an extraterrestrial fly a craft light years and light years to earth only to carve a symbol in a field without contacting at least someone here?
How can stuff like this be done in the 8-10 hours of darkness and actually likely 6-8 hours of usable undercover time as you consider dusk and dawn to easy to be seen in.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Doesn't really happen much or at all here in the US. I'm guessing because the farmers would shoot the trespassers (humans) for being on their land.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae

Originally posted by Screwed

lol, you're gonna hold out 'till the very end aren't you my friend?
To each in his own time.
It matters not when you come around, only that you do.
I just hope that when you do, you are able to do so without getting too embarrased.

As with most Crop Circles, IT MAY be explainable, but they aren't ALL explainable.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Exactly.....I'm still waiting for the guys with the planks to make a vid to show how they produce something as sharp and symmetrical as this. I have seen some human made circles, and frankly, they were complete rubbish...nowhere near as fabulous as this one. If the human circlers are so creative and skilled in what they do, wouldn't you think they would be showing off what they do to debunk the whole thing?

And we're assuming, like Screwed points out, that they all have the same source...maybe they don't. Maybe sone are alien artwork, and some genuinely are two dudes with a plank and a rope after the pub. But I doubt it.

It's a gorgeous circle though, right enough.

What makes you or anyone, think that those who are making these crop circles, are ordinary citizens who want fame and attention?

There's two competing sides to this argument.

The first argument is that it's aliens doing it with their space ships. Those who don't believe this, ask for proof that it is aliens visiting us to leave us some fancy designs in our crop fields. Yet nobody is able to provide any evidence of alien involvement, let alone the existence of aliens to begin with.

The second argument is that it is humans doing it, using a variety of methods. One method is with planks of wood and other common and readily available bits and pieces. You guys who believe it is aliens however, don't believe that we humans are capable of doing something like this(despite achieving much greater things then crop circles). You don't even ask for proof.

But the proof is above for you to see and it is pointed out quite clearly.
You can see the parallel lines from what was likely planks of wood. That is a logical, sensible explanation based on the evidence we have before us.

However you want to ignore the facts in front of you and instead continue believing it was aliens who created this crop circle.

Well, it's your choice and ultimately it does no harm to anyone what you decide to believe.
We are all free to believe whatever we wish.

Personally I believe there is other intelligent life like ours, as advanced if not more advanced then our own civilization, in the universe. The universe is bigger then any of us can imagine or comprehend. For us to be the only intelligent life, does not seem logical to me. Take our own planet as an example...life, civilization, has spread to all corners of it, to every continent..even tiny islands in the middle of the pacific or indian oceans have people living on them.

But I don't see why aliens, if they exist and can travel to our planet from a distant galaxy, would want to leave us pictures in our crop fields. Think of it this way. They are able to travel across the universe, from galaxy to galaxy, therefore they are advanced beyond what we can conceive..yet their form of communication with us is with random images left in crop fields?

If we stick to things that are logical, then this is not logical.
You would think that are species of beings that are capable of inter-galactic travel, would communicate with other civilizations directly, not via random and strange patterns in their crops.

But then again, what exactly do we know about the universe? Not a great deal..

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
it's a puzzle! if earthlings figure them out, then the 'aliens' will know we are intelligent!

And you know this.....how??

You almost make it sound like "they" are looking for a worthy human, which says more about your own inner workings then anything else!!

You see, the fear of not being worthy is to see oneself as not being able to "measure up" to the ideals expected of us or what we think God or some other authority expects of us. It is probably the biggest lie that has ever been perpetrated by man upon himself.

Peace

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I lived in the UK for two years from 1995-1997. I worked at Intel corp., 12 miles from Avebury and Silbury Hill. I used to go to Avebury for lunch on many occasions.

I've gone into these crop circles and there is one aspect of these things that you cannot explain away and there is no way Doug and Dave could have done them. The crop circles occur in fields of dry crops. If you've ever looked at a wheat stalk, or a barley stalk, they are like a straw with very thin walls and hollow inside. The walls of these dried crops are extremely brittle and the slightest bend causes the stalk to collapse. If you were to try and drink through a straw that is bent you would find it impossible. However, in the crop circles I went into the stalks were not crushed as they would be if someone used a plank to press the crops down. Instead the stalks were perfectly curved with the 90 degree bends maintaining a perfect circle throughout the bend that had a radius of about a centimeter. These bends were hard and brittle and impossible to straighten without crushing them.

Something had to bend these by changing them at some molecular level to allow them to bend like this. There is no explaining that some people could have done these as a prank. I actually kept a few of these bent stalks and somehow they ended up lost. I wish I had taken photos of them.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I guess I have to keep posting this Link until Every single ATS member knows about it

Circlemakers.org

Chadwickus is 10000% right with the Plank Marks

And about the little circle on the bottom, could have been a Calibration point

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

So... I think it was the show Ancient Aliens (IDK what episode#) that had a few people show how they do make these crop circles. And I do believe I noticed the plank like patterns in this particular one too. But I have seen the un-explainable crop circles. Where they appeared out of the blue in a very remote place and the crop circles have perfect edges. when people use the planks to do this then you can look at an edge, or a line, where you can compare the flatened grass to the grass still standing and you'd find that there are a bunch a blades of wheat or whatever that are in between. Like where a plank would have made it's path and it partially knocked over the blades or wheat that were maybe touching the plank just a bit but not completely under the plank. In a real crop circles these wheat blade are either up or down and instead of being bent over the blades are cut with precision. I do believe in crop circles. I think that it may be an energy form that does this instead of an alien but some kind of extra-terrestial engery for sure. Thanks for listening.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by corruptpc
Amazing. I love earring about these crop circles. Such precision. I saw a Convincing video on tv a long time ago about UFOs flying over a field and then a crop circle appearing. It was a long time a go so I'm doubting its fake but either way I'm still on the fence about any crop circles

Like this one?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

What was always amazing to me is that people never feel bad for the farmers who are having their crops totally destroyed by the people making these circles. Even granting that some may be truly made by an unidentifiable source, the people who do these should be ashamed.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb
reply to post by trysts

What was always amazing to me is that people never feel bad for the farmers who are having their crops totally destroyed by the people making these circles. Even granting that some may be truly made by an unidentifiable source, the people who do these should be ashamed.

In Wiltshire there is a tradition that you pay the local farmer for access to his field to see cropcircles and ancient stoneworks.

Quite a few of the sites we have tried to visit had the farmer himself or family members setting up a table and asking for admittance pay. At a stone circle we had to pay 5 pounds per person. We were far from the only four.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArJunaBug

I lived in the UK for two years from 1995-1997. I worked at Intel corp., 12 miles from Avebury and Silbury Hill. I used to go to Avebury for lunch on many occasions.

I've gone into these crop circles and there is one aspect of these things that you cannot explain away and there is no way Doug and Dave could have done them. The crop circles occur in fields of dry crops. If you've ever looked at a wheat stalk, or a barley stalk, they are like a straw with very thin walls and hollow inside. The walls of these dried crops are extremely brittle and the slightest bend causes the stalk to collapse. If you were to try and drink through a straw that is bent you would find it impossible. However, in the crop circles I went into the stalks were not crushed as they would be if someone used a plank to press the crops down. Instead the stalks were perfectly curved with the 90 degree bends maintaining a perfect circle throughout the bend that had a radius of about a centimeter. These bends were hard and brittle and impossible to straighten without crushing them.

Something had to bend these by changing them at some molecular level to allow them to bend like this. There is no explaining that some people could have done these as a prank. I actually kept a few of these bent stalks and somehow they ended up lost. I wish I had taken photos of them.

Ahhhh, the molecular level. And I assume you have scientific evidence and data to BACK UP YOUR CLAIM?
I also assume you've gone out to a field of crops, and used planks, and tried every method possibly imaginable and possible with every tool and object available, to come to the conclusion that these can not be man made?
Doug and Dave might not be able to do this over night, but Doug, Dave and many accomplices sure could pull this sort of stuff off.

You've just been watching too many X Files episodes and picked up on the lingo they use in the series.

That's the problem with MOST wannabe theorists on the Internet.
They don't actually have any theories let alone have anything to actually form that theory and back it up.

They've just been watching too much sci fi and the like.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArJunaBug
***snip***
I actually kept a few of these bent stalks and somehow they ended up lost. I wish I had taken photos of them.

What a shame.

But on the bright side there are many cropcircles and there should be truckloads worth of bent stalks.

Some of our readers/posters from Wiltshire must be able to get a handfull. Take some pictures and show us.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 321equinox

Right..
There have been over 10 000 crop circles created so far.
And the first reported ones is from the 1600's.

Contrary to popular perception, crop circles are not a modern phenomenon. They are mentioned in academic texts of the late 17th Century, and over 200 cases have been reported prior to 1970. Some eighty eyewitnesses – as far flung as British Columbia and Australia – have reported crop circles forming in under twenty seconds; these witnesses describe sightings of incandescent or brightly-coloured balls of light which either precede a crop circle or are actively involved in its creation; in some cases shafts of light have descended onto a field and swirled the crop into a geometricshape in less than fifteen seconds. Such reports are often described by farmers.

edit on 2012-10-18 by tomten because: added quote

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomten
reply to post by 321equinox

Right..
There have been over 10 000 crop circles created so far.
And the first reported ones is from the 1600's.

Contrary to popular perception, crop circles are not a modern phenomenon. They are mentioned in academic texts of the late 17th Century, and over 200 cases have been reported prior to 1970. Some eighty eyewitnesses – as far flung as British Columbia and Australia – have reported crop circles forming in under twenty seconds; these witnesses describe sightings of incandescent or brightly-coloured balls of light which either precede a crop circle or are actively involved in its creation; in some cases shafts of light have descended onto a field and swirled the crop into a geometricshape in less than fifteen seconds. Such reports are often described by farmers.

edit on 2012-10-18 by tomten because: added quote

Original source (old texts) or it is only someone claiming it.

Even so we have to consider the motives for the witnesses. As we all know there have been several occasions where the church has falsified evidence or witness testimony to further their case.
As well as ordinary people to falsify evidence to explain away some of their own misconduct.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Looks to me like something me and a group of nerd friends could conjure up after drawing the schematics and simply putting out math know how to work whilst placing a few cutting edge crop-boards down with the help of string and measurement devices such would never be even remotely unpossible, it's no Piet Mondrian.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join