It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Moses Wiccan?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The Dead Sea Scrolls are collection of biblical manuscripts from what we now call the Hebrew Bible. The texts were found in 1947 in a cave in an area called Qumran, in the west bank of Palestine. One of the amazing things about these text is the uncanny perfection of the preserved ancient texts, to the letter. en.wikipedia.org...

Some of the manuscripts discovered and translated have thrown a new light on the essence of Hebrew law and mysticism. Among these books are "The Book of Enoch and "The Book of Moses."

The Book of Moses

Here we find a unique set of commandments that acknowledge and require the communion with and the honoring of Mother Earth and her angels, as a morning ritual.

If thou keepest my commandments, thou shalt enter the Inftnite Garden where stands the Tree of Life in the midst of the Eternal Sea.

Thou shalt not violate the Law. The Law is thy God, who shall not hold thee guiltless.

Honor thy Earthly Mother, that thy days may be long upon the land, and honor thy Heavenly Father, that eternal life be thine in the heavens, for the earth and the heavens are given unto thee by the Law, which is thy God.

Thou shalt greet thy Earthly Mother on the morning of the Sabbath.

Thou shalt greet the Angel of Earth on the second morning.

Thou shalt greet the Angel of Life on the third morning.

Thou shalt greet the Angel of Joy on the fourth morning.

Thou shalt greet the Angel of Sun on the fifth morning.

Thou shalt greet the Angel of Water on the sixth morning,

Thou shalt greet the Angel of Air on the seventh morning-

All these Angels of the Earthly Mother shalt thou greet, and consecrate thyself to them, that thou mayest enter the Infinite Garden where stands the Tree of Life.

Tht seems very "earth" oriented, very much like Wicca.

The Children of the Light, whom these commandments were written for, were also instructed to honor their heavenly father, and his angels thusly:

Thou shalt worship thy Heavenly Father on the evening of the Sabbath.
Thou shalt commune with the Angel of Eternal Life on the second evening.
Thou shalt commune with the Angel of Work on the third evening.
Thou shalt commune with the Angel of Peace on the fourth evening.
Thou shalt commune with the Angel of Power on the fifth evening,
Thou shalt commune with the Angel of Love on the sixth evening.
Thou shalt commune with the Angel of Wisdom on the seventh evening.
All these Angels of the Heavenly Father shalt thou commune with, that thy soul may bathe in the Fountain of Light, and enter into the Sea of Eternity.

The seventh day is the Sabbath: thou shalt remember it, keep it holy. The Sabbath is the day of the Light of the Law, thy God. In it thou shalt not do any work, but search the Light, the Kingdom of thy God, and all things shall be given unto thee.

So, the original Law of Moses, required one to, upon rising, honor and commune with Mother Earth and her angels, and upon sunset, to honor and commune with the father and his angels.

Sounds like a nice practice.

I'm not a Wiccan per se, I have never been a member of a coven or attended one of their meetings. So, any Wiccans out there, let us know how these commandments line up.

Was Moses Wiccan?

edit on 14-10-2012 by windword because: spelling

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Wicca didn't exist when Moses was around--Paganism did.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

What is the difference?

If Wiccans worship Mother Earth, and Moses worshiped Mother Earth, doesn't that make Moses the father of Wicca?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Except that the link you posted is this guys "translation". Nobody else has those Commandments, not even the Nash papyrus, which is from 150 BC.

The bottom line is your questions are based upon questionable evidence.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The only things that could even be considered commandments in Wicca are
Do what you will but harm none
The law of return (Whatever you do to others comes back to you)

Other than that there are no "rules" Each coven may have elaborations on these and have separate coven rules if they choose to.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

What is the difference?

If Wiccans worship Mother Earth, and Moses worshiped Mother Earth, doesn't that make Moses the father of Wicca?

Perhaps you should do some research in to what Wicca actually is, you seem to only understand that it is an earth based religion. There is much more to it than that. There are many Wiccan paths as well as other Pagan paths.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Was Moses Wiccan?

And the Pope is Jewish as well...

I learned from our initiators that it seemed that Wicca is, in fact, a manufactured religion not much older than this century. You see, Wicca is one of Satan's "nicer" creations, tailor-made for the last half of this century.

About a year after becoming a High Priest (1974), I was told by our initiators that Wicca was not what it seemed. Although much of the extant literature written by witches (and Dr. Margaret Murray's work) would lead one to believe that Wicca is a survival of the ancient pagan fertility cults, especially of Northern Europe and the British Isles; there is not a shred of real historical proof for any connection between Bronze Age cults and modern witchcraft.

There did not seem to be evidence for any Book of Shadows (a combined "bible" and ritual book for Wiccans) much older than the 1910's!
www.chick.com...

Contrary to public belief, modern witchcraft is not of Celtic derivation, and is not associated with the Old English word 'witan' meaning "to know", or any word meaning "craft of the wise". Wiccan covens are covertly controlled on behalf of the Illuminati by means of a United Nations organization called Women's International Collectives (WICCE); it interfaces with the Russian-directed Women's International League for Peace and Freedom and is associated in America with the Revolutionary Communist Party, which was involved in precursor activities that culminated in the last Los Angeles riot.

The Wicca tradition began with the Khwajagan-associated Bedouin tribe known as the Aniza. The word "coven" is derived from their practice of performing rituals wearing winding sheets known as a Kafan; their meetings were called an Az Zabat, from which we get 'sabat". The cult's sacrificial knife was an Adh-dhamme, which gave rise to the wiccan "athame". Robin is a traditional wiccan name, presumably derived from the name of the Aniza cult leader - Rabbans. The Aniza camel brand later became known as the witches foot (the peace sign). The tribal totem was the goat.

Some of the cult migrated to Spain circa 1460, where some cult members came under the influence of the malevolent Rabbi Isshaq Toledano, who persuaded them to cast spells against his enemies and engage in blood rituals.

STOP MISLEADING the CHILDREN, MR. JENNINGS by Brian Desborough
www.whale.to...:__

"Listen well, My children, and understand that I ask you to remove all diabolical musical recordings from your homes. Your children are bringing demons into your homes because, at the time that these records were produced, called rock, 'hard rock,' they were produced in the temple of Satan - consecrated to Satan! You do not understand, My children, but many of your companies, your record companies, are under the control of Wicca, the international organization of witches and warlocks. Do not laugh! It is true!" - Our Lady, November 25, 1978

Our Lady of the Roses - Directives from Heaven #13
www.roses.org...

Wicca, however noble and idealistic it might seem, is a modern, artificial religion created by cleaning up continental satanism a bit. It’s like putting rouge and mascara on a decomposing corpse! The rotten, putrid heart is the same, it just looks nicer. There are only two kinds of Wiccans, the "higher ups" who know that Satan is their god; and the innocent ones of lower Grade who think they’re worshipping nature deities.

www.chick.com...

"Wicca" is a made up religion by a man named Gardner who added to a woman who I believe was named "McCarthy" in the 20th century. It was a "Hodge podge" of every mythology that he could think of and it was to make money by sales of his books after he retired from the British public service. He worked either in the Postal department or the railway industry if memory serves.

The Original one, McCarthy, or whatever, had sold a book in the Early 20th century claiming that all of Europe was of the same religious beliefs before Christianity came along. I think that this would have come as a shock for the Romans worshiping Zeus when they ran into a Briton, or a Germanic each with their own gods.

Now, the "New Age" crowd stole the name and make up their own religion which is even newer than the other two ideas. "Modern Wicca" isn't but about 20 or 30 years old. Don' let any of them tell you different.

Source(s):
Study of Paganism/Heathenism for about 45 years. Practiced heathenism for about 25 of those years.

answers.yahoo.com...

edit on 14-10-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
Except that the link you posted is this guys "translation". Nobody else has those Commandments, not even the Nash papyrus, which is from 150 BC.

The bottom line is your questions are based upon questionable evidence.

...this is correct.
Very questionable evidence.

HOWEVER... even if we assume that your evidence is valid, the timeline of the book's origin (within the Essene community) provides a relatively tight 2nd-1st Century BC date...
which places it over a thousand years AFTER the events it supposedly details.

What this means is that the book and its contents have been derived from mystical origin (e.g. dreams, visions, drug-induced hallucinations) rather than from first-hand sources (eyewitness reports etc.). This is why such a text would not have been, and never will be considered canonical.

It's important to note that even within the Essene community itself, divisions existed based on this very point. Nazarean Essenes, for example, tended to eschew mystical revelation as being Divinely Inspired or inerrant in any way, shape or form, and thus rejected books like, and including, The Book of Moses.

...so even contemporary sources don't necessarily lend any validity to its use in any argument; much less an argument that Moses was in some way Wiccan or Pagan.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

That is completely nonsense. Wicca has nothing to do with satanism. These are two completely different paths at one extreme to other. Wicca is the honoring of nature and the gods with no belief in satan what so ever.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

I don't know what to tell about the Nash Papyrus. But the Book of Moses was found along with the hundreds of other manuscripts that are called the Dead Sea Scrolls.

A quarter of all the manuscripts are biblical, every book of the Old Testament except Esther being represented. The most numerous manuscripts are of Deuteronomy, Isaiah and the Psalms. The first discovery was a Hebrew text of Isaiah, a thousand years older than any previously known.

The Apocryphal works are richly represented, including two books in cryptographic writing, a book of Enoch,

and a treatise on the Book of Moses.

The most famous nonbiblical scrolls are the Manual of Discipline, the Habakkuk Commentary, the Thanksgiving Psalms, the ancient ritual Order of Battle, the Genesis Apocryphon (a fuller story of Genesis, including a new account of Abraham in Egypt), a "Description of the New Jerusalem," and a lost Commentary on Job. The investigation and publication of such writings has just begun.

maxwellinstitute.byu.edu...

These people seem to have found and accepted the translation.

The Book of Enoch was found and translated long after Joseph Smith published the Book of Moses
strongreasons.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucantcme

What is the difference?

Perhaps you should do some research in to what Wicca actually is, you seem to only understand that it is an earth based religion. There is much more to it than that. There are many Wiccan paths as well as other Pagan paths.

You're probably right. I was searching for information on the Essenes, and found several Wiccan sites, comparing themselves to the earth nature of their worships. That is how I stumbled upon this Book of Moses.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
No.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

It's important to note that even within the Essene community itself, divisions existed based on this very point. Nazarean Essenes, for example, tended to eschew mystical revelation as being Divinely Inspired or inerrant in any way, shape or form, and thus rejected books like, and including, The Book of Moses.

How can you know that the Essenes, who assumed the responsibility to keep the scriptures, and to keep them correctly, rejected the Book of Moses, and the Book of Enoch?

It seems to me, that these books were kept in secret, because the contained secret knowledge that the profane were not privy too.

It is only now, after the finding these texts, and finally being able to view their translations, do we ordinary and profane people get a glimpse of what was hidden.

The Catholic Church outlawed the communing of angels. I have to wonder "Why?".

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
MOSES WAS RAISED BY ELITE EGYPTIANS

IN EGYPT THE EARTH WAS A MALE GOD...not female

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Wicca is simply a repackaged mix of ancient pagan beliefs and rituals. So even though he obviously wasn't "Wiccan", he could easily have been Pagan. In fact, Jesus was a Pagan. He certainly wasn't practicing Judaism.

We do worship a Goddess and even call on the elements with the four corners so there are some definite similarities there. Before the patriarchal shift in religions, tons of cultures worshiped a creator goddess instead of a male god so it's possible that Moses was a Pagan witch. I mean, sticks to snakes? Parting the sea? Calling upon curses that decimate a city? Moses certainly wasn't your average practitioner of Judaism.

I also understand that the scriptures you are referring to are under lots of scrutiny. I'm willing to believe either way but my response was in assumption that the scriptures are authentic.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Here's what I am saying: the translation that you posted of the 10 Commandments are unique to that source. By the time the Jews were writing stuff down, the religious tradition became more rigid, so it wouldn't be a reflection of animism which this translation has.

How do we know this? Because Jacob ditches the pagan ways in Genesis 35. Jacob is the farther of Levi. Levi is the father of Kohath. Kohath is the father of Amram. Amram is the father of Moses.

In four generations the Jews are still apparently struggling with this monotheism stuff, which sends Moses into a rage; breaking the first commandments.

Logically, why would Moses be pitching something other than the one-god concept?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Here is more commentary, citing a modern Rabbi and his take on the Book Of Moses.

Both the ancient scholar Philo, and a modern scholar, Rabbi Harvey Falk (in his Another Look at the Jewishness of Jesus), informs us that Moses trained thousands of disciples as Essenes. The Essenes themselves describe that event in one of their most important texts: The Essene Book of Moses. In that text, God, at Mount Sinai, gave Moses the Essene Communions on a stone tablet.

It was hoped that all the Jewish people would follow the way of life described on that tablet. But when Moses descended Mount Sinai and met with the people, it was clear that the majority were not ready to follow the esoteric Essene teachings engraved on that tablet. Heavy of heart, Moses again climbed Mount Sinai and asked God for an exoteric, easier set of teachings for the masses who were not ready to receive the esoteric Essene teachings. ("esoteric" means "inner circle"; "exoteric" means "outer circle".)

God responded by giving the famous Ten Commandments on a second stone tablet; those commandments would be for the masses. Moses was to keep the esoteric Essene Communions for "the Children of Light," for only they could understand them. We read:
"And the Lord called unto Moses out of the mountain, saying, 'Come unto me, for I would give thee the Law for thy people, which shall be a covenant for the Children of Light'.... And God spake all these words, saying, 'I am the Law, thy God, which hath brought thee out from the depths of the bondage of darkness.... I am the invisible law, without beginning and without end.... If thou forsake me, thou shalt be visited by disasters for generation upon generation. If thou keepest my commandments, thou shalt enter the Infinite Garden where stands the Tree of Life in the midst of the Eternal Sea.'"
www.essene.org...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Thanks for that kind and well thought out answer.

The Book of Moses is an authentic book/scroll that was recovered with the Dead Sea Scroll. This is the only translation that I have been able to find.

I do know that not many could translate these documents, and among those not many were allowed to view the texts until their translation was approved for release by the proper authorities. Especially the infamous "Coper Scroll" which is said to a treasure map leading to gold and silver and jewels. TPTB won't release that translation, because they don't want treasure hunters trapsing about sacred ground.

The author of this translation has a book called From Enoch to the Dead Sea Scrolls.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

Yes, but the Essenes believed that the temple leaders were wrong, evil and even wicked.

A good example of a group which separated itself from society at large and defined itself against the Temple in Jerusalem are the Essenes, or perhaps you might say, the people of the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Dead Sea community, whom most scholars regard as Essenes. Here is a group of people who left Jerusalem, went to live in the wilderness, to live by themselves, totally isolated from other Jews, from the rest of the community, and as their Scrolls reveal, saw themselves as the new sacred community, waiting for the time, when ... they imagine that the Temple would be reconstituted and reconstructed and rebuilt.... and a new and better priestly group would take over the Temple in Jerusalem.

And, in the meantime, while the wicked priests are still off in Jerusalem, following the wrong calendar, following the wrong purity rules and officiating improperly before the Lord, in the meantime, pure purity and true holiness resided only among themselves, in their own community, off near the Dead Sea.... The community itself was a surrogate temple....
www.pbs.org...

They rejected Levitical law.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucantcme

What is the difference?

You're probably right. I was searching for information on the Essenes, and found several Wiccan sites, comparing themselves to the earth nature of their worships. That is how I stumbled upon this Book of Moses.

It is an interesting theory, he could very well have been Pagan but Wicca itself was founded in the 1940/50s so he wouldn't have been Wiccan.

But Earthly Mother could very well mean your mom. The woman to which you were born onto the earth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join