It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark of the Covenant was taken up into heaven.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
As far as I can determine the Temple of God will be here first for the Antichrist to cause the Abomination of Desolation . I don't know if Jesus will rule from there latter during the 1000 year reign .

The rebuilding of that temple is an abomination all on it's own, it was destroyed so that we could walk by faith and not by sight. By the jews rebuilding that thing and performing sacrifice again it will be a clear signal to God that him being nailed to the cross for their sins is not a good enough sacrifice and it will enrage him and bring on Jacob's Trouble. When they sacrifice in a rebuilt temple, TSHTF for them for real. They will be going backwards and not forwards, which God absolutely hates and is testified to by Jeremiah in Jeremiah 7:22-24. For the last 2000 years they were forced to walk by faith albeit not by faith in Jesus they were walking by faith in their tradition. By rebuilding the temple and performing sacrifice in it once again it will tell God that they chose their tradition over him once more.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Hmm, historically speaking, the last known location of the Ark was at the Temple Precinct immediately before the Jewish Wars.
No, there wasn't an ark in the rebuilt temple.
It was taken out and hidden underground below the temple before it was destroyed by the Babylonians.(according to the old testament)
edit on 15-10-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

So no Ark since Nebuchadnezzar then?

In which case, long since melted down and recast...........as that was the way in those days. If it had resurfaced, there would be testimony of this.

Certainly the other Temple artifacts turned up in Rome after the Jewish Wars. As i said previously, they are even included on the motifs from the Processional / Triumphal Arch (and can still be seen today). As i was writing my previous post i was pondering the lack of an Ark on that Arch though.........

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The rebuilding of that temple is an abomination all on it's own, it was destroyed so that we could walk by faith and not by sight. By the jews rebuilding that thing and performing sacrifice again it will be a clear signal to God that him being nailed to the cross for their sins is not a good enough sacrifice and it will enrage him and bring on Jacob's Trouble. When they sacrifice in a rebuilt temple, TSHTF for them for real. They will be going backwards and not forwards, which God absolutely hates and is testified to by Jeremiah in Jeremiah 7:22-24. For the last 2000 years they were forced to walk by faith albeit not by faith in Jesus they were walking by faith in their tradition. By rebuilding the temple and performing sacrifice in it once again it will tell God that they chose their tradition over him once more.

Isn't Ezekiel, Chapters 40-48, all about the temple that will be built during the Millennium and the rituals and sacrifices that will be taking place within? Doesn't Jesus help them in performing all of these rituals in order to "reconcile the house of Israel" back to God?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by truejew

How do you know that ?

"19And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail. " (Revelation 11:19 KJV)

That's the Ark of Testimony, remember everything about the temple on earth was mirroring the temple in heaven, thats why God made it explicitly clear to get the dimensions of the tabernacle correct to the nth degree. The Ark of the Covenant was God's physical throne here on earth, it has it's spiritual counter part.

The ark of the covenant is not needed here on earth after Jesus came. It is now in heaven.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It's in heaven.

Along with Joseph Smith's golden tablets.

We know this to be true, because there are books telling us it's true.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Isn't Ezekiel, Chapters 40-48, all about the temple that will be built during the Millennium and the rituals and sacrifices that will be taking place within? Doesn't Jesus help them in performing all of these rituals in order to "reconcile the house of Israel" back to God?

I don't think so. Ezekiel lived before the destruction of the first temple by the Babylonians. It appears to be a prophecy about the rebuilding of the temple. Sacrifices did begin anew after it had been rebuilt after their 70 year exile in Babylon and some time later so too did the idolatry. All sacrifice was supposed to end with Jesus he was the final sin offering for all time. Jews are of no exception. Ofcourse when Alexander the Great came along brought in more idolatry and Antiochus 4 did defile the temple with a pagan altar built ontop of the Great Altar of Burnt Sacrifices in order to offer sacrifices to Helios which is part of what caused the Maccabean Revolt.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by alexandrelois

Why are you posting a video of what this clown says? The Ark of the Covenant was a throne, and the box it enshrouded contained the tablets Moses broke written by God himself, the mana and the rod of Aaron.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

The ark of the covenant is not needed here on earth after Jesus came. It is now in heaven.

Not only is that incorrect, it is extremely DANGEROUS advice.

The Ark of the Covenant is an "ace up the sleeve" that God has planned.

When the beast has commanded that everyone receive his mark, the Ark of the Covenant will be brought out into the public and shown to all.

This will save MANY from losing their souls for all eternity.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Ezekiel lived before the destruction of the first temple by the Babylonians.

Ezekiel was written in Babylon and was very controversial, barely making it into the canon for that reason.
No one was about to give it any credence or try to follow any of its suggestion, being of no real predictive power, being written all after the fact.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Not only is that incorrect, it is extremely DANGEROUS advice.

The Ark of the Covenant is an "ace up the sleeve" that God has planned.

When the beast has commanded that everyone receive his mark, the Ark of the Covenant will be brought out into the public and shown to all.

This will save MANY from losing their souls for all eternity.

The antichrist will deceive many with the fake ark of the covenant.

"22For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect."

One of the "signs and wonders" of the Anti-christ will be the ark of the covenant being returned to a rebuilt temple. It will be fake though. God has the real one in heaven so that the Anti-christ cannot have access to it.
edit on 15-10-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Cults always lie to those who are in them, ALWAYS...

That's the ONLY way they can survive.

This is how they blind people to the TRUTH.

Whether or not you will wake up to that FACT or not remains to be seen.

You ARE deceived and time WILL prove you wrong.

Remember those words well because I KNOW what I am talking about.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
reply to post by truejew

Remember those words well because I KNOW what I am talking about.

I know you do, but what you do know is being told to you by the temple cult. You are being deceived into following a cult that will be destroyed along with their temple. As Jesus said, not one stone will remain upon another. Babylon the great will fall.
edit on 15-10-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Wow I never knew this would be such an important debate..

Is the ark or its remains still on this planet or in Heaven? Is the rebuilding of the temple a good or bad thing?

I kind if thought we didn't need the temple anymore because our bodies are supposed to be the temple now, and that is what we are supposed to rebuild... ourselves. Not genetically or anything. But maybe spiritually, morally, and healthfully. Get all these chemicals out and see what our brain is capable of. My theory is that with a clean body and properly working brain, we would see much better what is right and wrong, and see that wrongdoing, while it may give you some instant gratification, really only hurts you and everything around you. We would truly be connected to God, or "with God" in "Heaven". We would have new abilities. Not to get too new agey, but it is proven that a thing, including a human body and brain, works much better when taken good care of. Maybe we have not seen the limits to our abilities. Maybe this explains the amazing mathematics involved in some ancient structures. When man began to use this for his own glory, that's when we fell, and perhaps our pineal gland was deactivated... It's said that once we all spoke the same language... Maybe it was a telepathic language. And when we all suddenly had different languages, that was when we lost our ability to automatically.

Or not.

I wonder if anyone thinks my musings are dangerous? It's somehow my fault that I don't know the truth and Im trying my best to try to figure it out? Maybe the great deception is convincing people that these kind of debates are crucial to the fate of your soul for all eternity? How can any answer too any debate save your soul when its so difficult to be sure of the answer? The ark is in Heaven, the ark is in Ethiopia, oh you picked the wrong one now you're gonna suffer forever?

Maybe what really counts is in your heart?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The ark of the covenant isn't an actual chest where stone tablets were stored, it was the body of Moses himself in my opinion.

God didn't give Moses stone tablets with the commandments on them, the commandments are "uploaded" naturally and automatically at birth. The 10 commandments are the moral compass that Moses (everyone) was born with. He received them from within, not on top of a mountain where god literally handed them to him.

The ark of the covenant is mankind in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Thats a pretty good theory, never heard that one before

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You haven't read the bible have you ? You espouse many wild theories with out ever having actually studied the bible . You really should ! Instead of listening to a preacher or your beer budies , venture into reading the greatest book ever written .
For your information the Ark of the Covenant is a physical thing with very specific specifications for it's construction and handling .It and it's copy exist today on earth . There are many limestone caves under the Temple mount where it most likely has been hidden from those the came to destroy Jerusalem and the Temple . Solomons son of the Ethiopian called Sheba copied the Ark and then by what I have read not in the bible took the original back to Ethiopia where it remained until Israel made their covert , commando style evacuation of undisclosed things and people from Ethiopia a couple of years ago .

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

While we are here on earth there will be one more Temple where in the Antichrist will defile it and complete the prophecy where the Abomination of Desolation will occur. The Ark of the Covenent would be needed to complete the plan .
The new Heavenly Temple will be the body of Jesus Christ .

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

How was the ark constructed?

The Ark was a box with the dimensions of two-and-a-half cubits in length, by one-and-a-half cubits in heights, by one-and-a-half cubits in width (a cubit is about 18 inches). It was constructed of acacia wood, and was plated with pure gold, inside and out. On the bottom of the box, four gold rings were attached, through which two poles, also made of acacia and coated in gold, were put.

Source

So it was about the size of a coffin (perfect size for a body) and was made of acaia wood coated with pure gold.

What does acaia symbolize?

The acacia is a symbol associated with Freemasonry. It is used to represent purity and endurance of the soul, as well as funerary symbolism regarding resurrection and immortality.

Source

And gold?

Gold has been associated with the extremities of utmost evil and great sanctity throughout history. In the Book of Exodus, the Golden Calf is a symbol of idolatry and rebellion against God.

So wood that symbolizes eternal life being coated with gold that symbolizes evil that is shaped in a way to fit a man inside which carries the 10 commandments (moral compass), what could this symbolize? The gold coating the wood symbolizes the external, material world masks the eternal life within all of us. Religion perpetuates this by saying we only have one shot to get it right when in fact we have unlimited shots. That was the gospel Jesus taught, eternal life for all with no strings attached, including faith.
edit on 17-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join