It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors confirm Indian man Lives on Sunlight and Water

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

It has been widely reported that studies have confirmed a 62 year Indian man while being observed in a hospital 24 hours a day for 120 days maintained a normal level of activity by only consuming Water and Gazing at the Sun! Doctors from his native India as well as Scientists from Penn State and Thomas Jeferson University in the USA have independently verified this phenomenon and named it the (HRM) effect after the mans name Hira Ratan Manek.

Manek a mechanical engineer who refers to the human brain as a ”super computer” and the eyes as a ”keyboard” says that “Solar energy absorbed through the eyes eliminates mental illness, physical illness, spiritual ignorance, and makes life happy and peaceful.”

He explains sungazing is best done barefoot on dirt and that the most important safeguard is “the sun should Only be viewed in the last hour of sunset or the first hour of sunrise.” It is at those times that the sun is emitting virtually no harmful ultra violet rays” (meaning UV index of 0-2)Manek reportedly hasn’t eaten solid food since 1995 but on occasion will drink buttermilk or have tea while entertaining guests.

usahitman.com...

I'm sorry, but I just can't believe this. While people can live for several months without food as long as they ahve water, I don't buy four months.

Although what could be happening is just the barest of minimal nutrition, but even at that, there's only so long that the barest of minimal nutrition can take you.

But somehow, I just can't buy it. I'm sorry. I wish I knew what was going on here.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think that there are many things that the mind can not comprehend. Our brains and how we use them can IMHO cause us to be healthier, and even live much longer lives. Our bodies are a vessel, and our brains are at the helm of that particular station. If more people were taught this I think we could all live happier, healthier lives.

Just my 2 cents. Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I heard about this too and don't see how it's possible, personally.

I do remember hearing about others that have tried it and died. I think there was a woman in Switzerland and maybe someone in Germany but I can't remember now. I have heard of people living for months without food but they were usually obese to begin with. It reminds me of that "Breatharian" fad that was going around, claiming you could get all of the prana (sp?) you needed from the air, no food or water necessary.

I think I prefer food and water myself

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Who wants to test it out?! Only way to find out if this is true. Good way to avoid monsanto and other hazardous ingredients pandered to the consumer as safe.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

But somehow, I just can't buy it. I'm sorry. I wish I knew what was going on here.

Fraudulent claims are going on. This guy was already busted eating food during one of his sun eating claims...
edit on 14-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Doctors from his native India as well as Scientists from Penn State and Thomas Jeferson University in the USA have independently verified this phenomenon and named it the (HRM) effect after the mans name Hira Ratan Manek.

Is that so? Except no link to the supposed claims, papers by the scientists? Nope... Nada... Won't find them.

The last I heard he did some stupid test in the US where all they did was check his vitals, and it was presumed that food was being snuck into him or something along those lines...

BS

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Question: What Are the Elements in the Human Body?
Answer: Most of the human body is made up of water, H2O, with cells consisting of 65-90% water by weight. Therefore, it isn't surprising that most of a human body's mass is oxygen. Carbon, the basic unit for organic molecules, comes in second. 99% of the mass of the human body is made up of just six elements: oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus.

Oxygen (65%)
Carbon (18%)
Hydrogen (10%)
Nitrogen (3%)
Calcium (1.5%)
Phosphorus (1.0%)
Potassium (0.35%)
Sulfur (0.25%)
Sodium (0.15%)
Magnesium (0.05%)
Copper, Zinc, Selenium, Molybdenum, Fluorine, Chlorine, Iodine, Manganese, Cobalt, Iron (0.70%)
Lithium, Strontium, Aluminum, Silicon, Lead, Vanadium, Arsenic, Bromine (trace amounts

Source

Just by breathing and drinking water you get around 83% of what your body is made of. And sunlight for a nice blast of vitamines.

I do think he must eat some fruits on the side bananas or apples or whatever to fill in some of the other things.

70 year old diet
Saw this just a couple of days ago.

Strange things are possible

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Do you have any links to show me that info?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by boncho

Do you have any links to show me that info?

Search ATS with the topic nd my username, I covered it before.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Donice

And sunlight for a nice blast of vitamines.

No it's not. Vitamin D you get from the sun, but through the skin not the eyes. You don't know what you are talking about...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Sungazing is an extremely controversial topic, mostly because many of the leading gurus have been exposed as frauds. Awhile back, I did some research on the topic.

I believe it is based on advanced yoga theory. For reference sake - in yoga, the unknown energy flowing through the universe and each of us is prana.
Prana, chi, ki, energy body - and in the scientific community, dark energy - from my view these are all different perspectives of the same underlying truth.

In any case, the premise for sungazing is this: You absorb the prana from the sun. Paired with appropriate techniques to 'filter' the prana and store it, you can recharge your energy tanks (prana) from this. The filtering involves sealing energy seals in the body - placing the tongue on the hard palate, constricting/lifting the abdomen, etc.

To anyone considering exploring this - know what you're doing before you begin. You can burn out your retinas and be permanently blind if you look at the sun inappropriately.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
So what would it take for you believe this?

I mean that this news report goes against the consuming machine system that is currently in place. We are consumers and we must consume by hook and crook. The body is like a car and absolutely needs fuel to work. Their fuel.

Imagine if this is the absolute truth; that water and occasional milk and tea, sunlight in the first and last hours of the day is all we really need to be normal loving humans. If the PTB have an agenda of keeping us as dumb consumers then why allow this to be made public? Interesting

I think it is possible. Especially if this is taught at a young age.

I work in the medical industry and I know that studies are starting to show that in the emerging third world countries, those that are adopting urban life styles (I label as westernised lifestyles) have an increasing amount of diabetics and other ailments that were not as prevalent in the past more studies. Shouldn't they be getting better if they are adopting our model of how to live?

Maybe the agenda is for us to stay away from this light diet model which makes way more sense then everybody needs to eat meat and three times a day resulting in creating needs to divide and conquer. Frankly, food producers are not in it for us when the statusquo model as its first priority is to make money.

New ideas are always ridiculed at first. However, I don't think this idea is new, it was well hidden in our vague past. That's my take on it.
edit on 14-10-2012 by bitsforbytes because: I am only human

edit on 14-10-2012 by bitsforbytes because: again human only ;P

edit on 14-10-2012 by bitsforbytes because: Sorry added more links and changed some text first phrase fifth paragraph

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

Being constantly recorded twenty four hours a day and being careful with the people who have contact with him and analyzing his buttermilk to see if somebody's not trying to slip him something in the drink.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Boncho put up or shut up mate. If you have something to contribute then do so. If your here just to tell people what to think thenyour not needed here. We have enough of your types on ATS. Please post your links for the thread.

Seriously? what kind of lazy SOB cant put a link to his own work?? you had time to type out that dribble and yet you cant link sources?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I think putting your bare feet in the dirt and looking at the sun to survive works great for a tree. But us? No.

But if there is some truth to this story I would think he has some unknown parasite that lives in his digestive system that is short lived. It thrives on buttermilk and tea. Then when it dies his body digests them. I don't like parasites so I do not want to search this theory

Life lives on life to live. there is no way around it.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Well he was monitored for 120 days in a hospital...Now I don't know what the whole situation was like. There could be a possibility of cheating.

However, all the knowledge he has to offer is free. So I don't think he's trying to make a buck.

I really want more proof too. I also really want this to be true. Imagine how it would solve sooooo many problems like world hunger. The current way of thinking is FARRRRRR from solving this basic need. We can go to the moon but making enough food is just impossible!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This was pretty good documentary.
The guy you speak of is in it and also will mason.

sun worship imo

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 412304
reply to post by boncho

Boncho put up or shut up mate. If you have something to contribute then do so. If your here just to tell people what to think thenyour not needed here. We have enough of your types on ATS. Please post your links for the thread.

Seriously? what kind of lazy SOB cant put a link to his own work?? you had time to type out that dribble and yet you cant link sources?

I shouldn't have to as the OP article didn't even put anything in. All it said is "widely reported", widely reported by who? Excuuuuse me....

Source? Links to papers he claims are out there? Nada...

I didn't have time to go through old source material, the OP article was writing this and failed to include anything in his piece that he was disseminating throughout the internet.

There shouldn't even be a burden on me in this case. But as I said earlier, when I didn't have time to go through old source material, you can search my username and the name of the suneater and you would have found this thread.

He went to a university, but not to verify his Inedia.

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by mayabong

Maybe so, but I think you are looking at things too closely. If you look at the bigger picture, everything is just different vibrations of light. The 3rd eye when working properly may act as some sort of prism, to break sunlight down into the slower vibrations needed for the body to ingest. the following is a paper written by some indian scientists when studying HRM back in 2001. www.amazingabilities.com...

Perhaps you're not looking at the bigger picture.

Neither the experiment, as described in the paper, nor the paper itself have been validated by any other well-known scientific or medical journal.

A third study allegedly lasted for 130 days in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, at Thomas Jefferson University and the University of Pennsylvania under the direction of Dr. Andrew Newberg and Dr. George C. Brainard.

Dr Sudhir Shah, who led the previous study, acted as an advisor and consultant to the USA team.

However, Dr. Andrew Newberg said that Hira stayed at the University of Pennsylvania only for brain scans on studies of meditation, not his ability to fast indefinitely.

His team of "scientists" seem to tell stories and make things up. That's usually a bad sign to the validity of their other "research". If you call it that.

Inedia

Link to post.

This post outlines the dangers with Inedia and the fools that buy into the scam.

A realistic way to "live off the sun" which isn't really realistic at all, (and a little gross).

And, since it doesn't seem that I sourced how vitamin D was created I will do so in this thread:

When the sun shines on the skin, the ultraviolet rays activate a form of cholesterol which is present in the skin, converting it to Vitamin D (1). Because the body can provide sufficient Vitamin D to meet its needs simply through exposure to sunlight, some feel it is not really a vitamin, but instead is a hormone.

www.unhinderedliving.com...

Last time I checked, your eyes aren't chalked full of cholesterol, so staring in the sun is going to do little for giving you vitamins.

Boncho out.
edit on 14-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 412304

You are correct. I was in a rush earlier and figured going through all the source material was going to be too timely, which I have fixed with my last post (and a few minutes to spare).

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Sungazing awareness. I'm all for it.

Why is it so difficult to fathom that we can perform photosynthesis with our eyes like plants do? Light is the giver of life.

Cravings for food anyone???

new topics

<<   2 >>

join