Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Has a person ever spooked you so bad you just want to get away from them by any means possible?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Everyone stares at me when I gas up my vehicle.

But that is because I am making comments about how lucky we are to be able to refuel our vehicles under the canopy above the gas pumps.
As the gas pump dings,
I ramble on about drones killing Americans and my temporary safety under the cover of canopy's,
and we are safe until we drive out in the open.

My wife always smiles and says
Honey I love you,
but you scaring the people,
and they are staring at you.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I didn't mean to insult your post or anything, I was just adding some humor to the thread

Yeah I have had similar experiences. When I was about 17 years old I was at this drinking party, and this kid (around the same age) sat down beside me and said "Hi, my name is Robbie". I introduced myself, and he looks right at me with the most lifeless cold eyes I have ever seen in my life. He then asks in a very quiet hushed tone "Do you ever think about raping and torturing women?" I flew off that couch so fast and ended up going outside to sit with the people out there and didn't speak to him again.

Fast forward about a month or so later. I'm in one of the local shopping malls and I see him ahead of me. As he walks past me he stares at me with those cold dead eyes and gives me this creepy smirk. It reminded me of the sick smile you see in some serial killers' mugshots.

It's strange how just the way a person looks at you is sometimes enough to make you go into panic mode. "Vibes" definitely do exist, I don't care what anybody says.

I've had other experiences with getting bad vibes from people while waiting at bus stops and such, but that one was definitely the most terrifying.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I am not sure if that post was humor or sarcasm or a serious post?

I played it safe in my reply because the post pertained to disabilities.
Regards, Iwinder

I honestly think he was just trying to be funny, and I don't think he was poking fun at you...just making a joke.

Back on topic though Iwinder, I have had the red flag feelings about certain people I have met, in certain situations , and I have left drinks untouched in bars , as well as resorting to being very sneaky about getting out of certain situations and scenarios, that started feeling very uncomfortable.

I used to be very trusting of people , and would think the best of people until they proved me wrong, but sometimes what seems to be a very nice person can turn dark very quickly. My last resort when in a very scary situation is the "you don't want to f**** with crazy " look. I actually scare myself at those moments, because I know I can go bat shyt crazy if I have to. Surprising how that look has worked.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hm, that's insane, i'm trying to recall a story I heard once on Coast to Coast AM. It was pretty familiar in some ways, like, the caller explained how he just met some random stranger somehow somewhere randomly, and he talked to him for about a minute or so, anyways, little while after they stopped talking (about another minute) the caller claimed to have gotten a weird vibe telling him to just leave because the stranger is releasing bad energy (I'll use that term, I can't remember exactly what he said, but bad energy sums it up) the caller was spooked to hell. He as you, left as calm as he could and never met up or saw the stranger again. It's a pretty interesting thing, as you said, it's most likely the 6th sense, and you aren't the only one that gets it, i'm sure i've experienced a similar thing in a smaller format, we all probably have. Crazy stuff in this world though.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Interesting story, you were probably justified in your actions as some beasts do take human form though not all are "evil".

I have a memory that fits this thread.

In my younger years I heavily practiced Majiks & the like & at the time I worked as a diesel mechanic for a national trucking company.

So one night I have dream (only remember the last bit), a man stands before me & his face transforms from normal to what only can be called demonic.
In the dream I just bare my teeth & growl( I really do that) as I leap at his throat, then I wake up still growling with my hands clawing at the air.

Next day I'm at work filling in on the fuel line & you have to go into the cabs to get mileage readings.
The cab was filled with mystical symbols out the wazoo, no biggie to me I figured the driver was probably Wiccan, I also noticed that it was a couple that drove the rig.

Then I go into the lounge to get a signature for the fuel load & sure enough it was a couple but the guy was the face from my dream & I didn't know whether to run or rip his throat out but my neck hairs were at full attention.
We just glared at each other while the papers were signed then I went to have a smoke & calm down, never saw them again.
edit on 15-10-2012 by aethertek because: grammar

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Creepy for sure!! I have felt that way about someone I knew though, someone I am related to. I also had a customer like that years ago when I worked at a walmart. Scared the crap out of me! While I'm not one to say it's spiritual or that you sensed evil or whatever, I am however a big fan of trusting your gut instinct. If you felt something was wrong or off then chances are it was. I think that is built into our DNA to keep us from harm!
edit on 15-10-2012 by MaMaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I've experienced something like this but a bit creepier.I apologize if this is a little long. This happened about a month after I moved here to Florida. I was sitting out front smoking and this old man came wandering up my street.I was watching him a bit and he stopped at my drive way.Then proceeded to walk up it.I jumped up and asked him if needed something.As soon as I said that,he stopped and didn't come any further then about half way up. His reply was "No,I'm just out for a stroll,beautiful night,isn't it?". It was raining so I have no idea why he said this.I said "No,not really". He says "Oh come on,look at that beautiful moon!" I was quite confused but alarmed at the same time. That's when I said I think you need to get off my property before I call the police.He simply said "Oh come on,I just wanted to stop by and say Hello! Seeing as you're new to the area and all".

I have no idea how he possibly knew this. But I said to him You need to leave,now. He just said That's fine,I'm going to head on up the street anyway.I'll see you around. Never saw the man again.But there was something about him that just wasn't right.I NEVER react to strangers the way I did with this guy. He reminded me of the guy from Poltergeist 2. I'm convinced that what I saw wasn't a person.But some kind of entity.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
First thing that comes to mind....

You said a new car came in and you wondered who would drive a new car and not wash it.
So you looked at the guy when he got out of the car...maybe your expression when you
looked at him conveyed a different message to him than you intended....may be was
freaked out, or wondering why you were looking at him. Maybe he thought you started
the staring contest.

At five foot something and 125 lbs, maybe he has developed that stare of his to scare bullies.

And maybe he went home and told his wife the very same story you told your wife....???
edit on 15-10-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel
reply to post by Iwinder

Ya, so when did you speak with this person staring at you?

Quite the misleading title, no?

Maybe the guy was having a bad day and giving off vibes. I am sure you have days where people are put off by your appearance alone.

i don't believe the title misleading at all - thanks for your input; albeit flippant, imho!

back on point - yes, i've had a few people i did not wish to be around and took steps to avoid these people but not for the same reason -

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I sometimes wonder if experiences like these (I've had one or two similar) may have something to do with our past lives. If you believe that sort of thing (which I do) it makes complete sense.

My husband has a mate that comes round now and again. Sound guy, he's never done anything harmful to me or mine, and my husband trusts him with the kids, he comes to our parties, pops in for a cuppa etc. Honestly, I have no idea why, but this guy creeps me out. All our other friends know how I feel about him, my husband is very understanding, and I've even had a conversation to this person about how I feel. He was the one who pointed at the possibility of a past life connection.

I don't know what to make of these gut instincts we get regarding other beings. All I know is: If my energy says no, no matter how hard I try, it's a no!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

Originally posted by Iwinder
he had a choice of 12 pumps and took the one right in front of me.

I get heebie-jeebies when ever I'm in a stall in a large empty washroom
with plenty of other empty stalls, then one lone-stranger walks in and takes
the joining one. . . . creepy !

edit on 14/10/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

There's actually a reason for that one!
People have a habit of picking a certain stall in public restrooms. I think it's the second from the middle on the right or something like that, then there are secondary preferences and so on. There was actually a "study" done on it that I don't have the time to look up right now, but if your first choice is taken, you are most likely to take the stall closest to your first choice. It was very interesting when I read it, I'll have to find it again and post it here if I think of it later.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Maybe he thought he knew you. When people like that stare at me for a long time i usually walk towards them, if they smile or nod ill greet n walk past them like im doing something else. But keep staring more than necessary n we got a problem. You should have asked him what he's looking at.
edit on 14-10-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

That is possible and thanks for that idea, if that was the case then he needs a couple of lessons in manners.
Or maybe new glasses, although he was not wearing any at the time.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by Iwinder

I didn't mean to insult your post or anything, I was just adding some humor to the thread

Yeah I have had similar experiences. When I was about 17 years old I was at this drinking party, and this kid (around the same age) sat down beside me and said "Hi, my name is Robbie". I introduced myself, and he looks right at me with the most lifeless cold eyes I have ever seen in my life. He then asks in a very quiet hushed tone "Do you ever think about raping and torturing women?" I flew off that couch so fast and ended up going outside to sit with the people out there and didn't speak to him again.

Fast forward about a month or so later. I'm in one of the local shopping malls and I see him ahead of me. As he walks past me he stares at me with those cold dead eyes and gives me this creepy smirk. It reminded me of the sick smile you see in some serial killers' mugshots.

It's strange how just the way a person looks at you is sometimes enough to make you go into panic mode. "Vibes" definitely do exist, I don't care what anybody says.

I've had other experiences with getting bad vibes from people while waiting at bus stops and such, but that one was definitely the most terrifying.

Good story and thanks for sharing it with us here, I was not insulted by your previous post I just didn't quite know which way it was meant to be read.

This was my first and only time this has ever happened to me and I hope the last.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

This is definitely suspicious and I'm glad you did what you did.

Ted Bundy did something similar to this. He would pretend to have a broken arm or leg and ask women to help him put groceries in his car. When they leaned in with the groceries he would hit them in the head and drive off with them.
I KNOW I have seen a movie or television show that had a killer use a wheelchair to get women in a van.

As to the op, I haven't exactly had a similar experience but I did date a guy for a couple of weeks that creeped me out. He was okay and seemingly normal but he had the craziest eyes. I had a real issue looking him in the eye. I really felt like he could snap at any moment. The last time I saw him, he had called me to pick him up from a bar on Halloween. When I picked him up he was all alone on the curb wearing Halloween makeup and a big black cape. I took him back to my place and he was acting strangely. After about 15 minutes I told him I needed to drive him home. He kept protesting but I had the scariest feeling about him and I just wanted him gone. I made up about 100 excuses as to why he needed to leave right that minute and I stopped accepting his phone calls after that night.

A few weeks or months later he repeatedly tried to contact me online. At first he was nice and then he started turning dark and threatening. He started emailing, sending IMs, texts, and Facebook messages. Nothing he said was police worthy I guess, just a little unnerving. Eventually I told him off well enough that he stopped contacting me.

I had been in college at the time, and months after all of this I switched colleges. While walking to class one day at my new school I saw him walking in the crowd and he spotted me. I had no idea he switched to the same school. He coldly stared me down and walked past me. I pretended not to notice him as best I could. I saw him a few other times but did my best to stay out of his eyesight.

Honestly, I fully expect to see this guy's face on the news one day for some terrible thing he has done.
edit on 15-10-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

"Back on topic though Iwinder, I have had the red flag feelings about certain people I have met, in certain situations , and I have left drinks untouched in bars , as well as resorting to being very sneaky about getting out of certain situations and scenarios, that started feeling very uncomfortable.

I used to be very trusting of people , and would think the best of people until they proved me wrong, but sometimes what seems to be a very nice person can turn dark very quickly. My last resort when in a very scary situation is the "you don't want to f**** with crazy " look. I actually scare myself at those moments, because I know I can go bat shyt crazy if I have to. Surprising how that look has worked. "

Thanks for sharing that with us and I have no idea if that is what he was doing to me, I did nothing that I know of to cause him to stare at me non stop for probably 3 or 4 minutes straight.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TehSlenderMan
Hm, that's insane, i'm trying to recall a story I heard once on Coast to Coast AM. It was pretty familiar in some ways, like, the caller explained how he just met some random stranger somehow somewhere randomly, and he talked to him for about a minute or so, anyways, little while after they stopped talking (about another minute) the caller claimed to have gotten a weird vibe telling him to just leave because the stranger is releasing bad energy (I'll use that term, I can't remember exactly what he said, but bad energy sums it up) the caller was spooked to hell. He as you, left as calm as he could and never met up or saw the stranger again. It's a pretty interesting thing, as you said, it's most likely the 6th sense, and you aren't the only one that gets it, i'm sure i've experienced a similar thing in a smaller format, we all probably have. Crazy stuff in this world though.

Nice post and I have to say that is how I felt, It was most urgent that I leave there and nothing was going to delay my departure if I could help it.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by aethertek
Interesting story, you were probably justified in your actions as some beasts do take human form though not all are "evil".

I have a memory that fits this thread.

In my younger years I heavily practiced Majiks & the like & at the time I worked as a diesel mechanic for a national trucking company.

So one night I have dream (only remember the last bit), a man stands before me & his face transforms from normal to what only can be called demonic.
In the dream I just bare my teeth & growl( I really do that) as I leap at his throat, then I wake up still growling with my hands clawing at the air.

Next day I'm at work filling in on the fuel line & you have to go into the cabs to get mileage readings.
The cab was filled with mystical symbols out the wazoo, no biggie to me I figured the driver was probably Wiccan, I also noticed that it was a couple that drove the rig.

Then I go into the lounge to get a signature for the fuel load & sure enough it was a couple but the guy was the face from my dream & I didn't know whether to run or rip his throat out but my neck hairs were at full attention.
We just glared at each other while the papers were signed then I went to have a smoke & calm down, never saw them again.
edit on 15-10-2012 by aethertek because: grammar

That experience of yours makes mine look laughable, I concur on the hairs at full attention, my hairs were just dancing. Thanks for your input.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
Creepy for sure!! I have felt that way about someone I knew though, someone I am related to. I also had a customer like that years ago when I worked at a walmart. Scared the crap out of me! While I'm not one to say it's spiritual or that you sensed evil or whatever, I am however a big fan of trusting your gut instinct. If you felt something was wrong or off then chances are it was. I think that is built into our DNA to keep us from harm!
edit on 15-10-2012 by MaMaa because: (no reason given)

Well if it is built into our DNA then somebody sure knew what they were doing on the design of that because it sure worked for me.
But I will never know if this guy was really bad or not and that is just fine with me.
I do not want that feeling ever again and I mean that.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Hi OP,

Does your race has to do with anything, was the stare guy different race than you?

There have been lot of incidents involving gas stations, maybe the other guy thought you were "up to no good"?

If someone did that to me, i would have nod my head and say "whats up?"

Also i hope this area had other people near by, if its a lonely place i would freak too lol

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
I've experienced something like this but a bit creepier.I apologize if this is a little long. This happened about a month after I moved here to Florida. I was sitting out front smoking and this old man came wandering up my street.I was watching him a bit and he stopped at my drive way.Then proceeded to walk up it.I jumped up and asked him if needed something.As soon as I said that,he stopped and didn't come any further then about half way up. His reply was "No,I'm just out for a stroll,beautiful night,isn't it?". It was raining so I have no idea why he said this.I said "No,not really". He says "Oh come on,look at that beautiful moon!" I was quite confused but alarmed at the same time. That's when I said I think you need to get off my property before I call the police.He simply said "Oh come on,I just wanted to stop by and say Hello! Seeing as you're new to the area and all".

I have no idea how he possibly knew this. But I said to him You need to leave,now. He just said That's fine,I'm going to head on up the street anyway.I'll see you around. Never saw the man again.But there was something about him that just wasn't right.I NEVER react to strangers the way I did with this guy. He reminded me of the guy from Poltergeist 2. I'm convinced that what I saw wasn't a person.But some kind of entity.

Great post and a very strange story, just like you I myself have never ever reacted like this to any person in my entire life.

All I felt was danger/evil and the need to vacate the area quickly.

Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join