Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Has a person ever spooked you so bad you just want to get away from them by any means possible?

page: 3
45
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tl1977
Oh, and to answer your original question- yes, I have been in that situation. I once went on a date with someone who seemed like a nice guy, had a good job, his friends all seemed nice...but for some reason, once we were actually alone on a date, I was so scared. I kept having thoughts that he wanted to hurt me, maybe even kill me, even though he was acting normally.


Great post and I thank you for adding to this thread.
You must have felt something similar to what I felt and that was just get away and dread.
Regards, Iwinder




posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar
 


Are you a girl by the way? That sounds scary.

Maybe you should have reported that to the police, might be a few missing people around the area.

Stay safe.



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar
Yes! I used to work near a Fry's Electronics (a store that is kind of like a big Best Buy), and I would go over at lunchtime on game release days to pick up new games for my boyfriend. One time, I was leaving the store when a guy in a wheelchair stopped me in the parking lot and asked me if I would help him into his van (he was next to the van, in the wheelchair, and the sliding side door of the van was open).

I registered a couple of things at the same time:

1) The van had all of its windows painted over from the inside. I could not see anything inside the van.

2) The wheelchair did not have foot rests. It looked like a generic wheelchair that you would see in use at the airport or when they are taking people in to a hospital, who did not arrive in their own wheelchair. It did not look like a wheelchair that belonged to an individual. There was no lambswool to pad the arms, or extra padding or slipcover on the seat, or personalization of the chair. None of the things you usually see when someone is actually wheelchair bound full-time.

3) I couldn't see anything inside the van, such as a lift or wheelchair modifications. My ex's Step-Dad had MS and I was very familiar with what kinds of adjustments you normally see for folks who are in a wheelchair. I had also worked as a Nurse Aide for a couple years in my twenties.

I didn't want to be inconsiderate or unkind, but I felt very nervous and the guy kept pressuring me to help him, and all I could think of was the scene in "Silence of the Lambs" where the killer pushes the girl into his van. So, I finally said I would go into the store and get help. I went in the store and talked to a manager and asked if they would come with me because this guy was asking for assistance and I felt uncomfortable all by myself, but wanted to help if he truly needed help. He agreed and walked back out to the parking lot with me - it had only been a minute of two - but the guy who had been asking for help to get in his van, was now in the driver's seat, and the van was speeding past us, out of the parking lot and away from the store!
edit on 14-10201210-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: Additional detail about the door of the van.



Thanks for adding to this thread, from what you posted I am very happy that you did what you did.

You noticed a lot of things that most would not, may I ask you if you just plain felt uneasy or nervous regardless of the suspicious Wheel chair and van?

Regards, Iwinder


Thanks, but the funny thing is, I couldn't tell you what the guy looked like. I didn't register hair color, clothing, or anything like that. I called the police and reported what happened when I got back to my office, but I couldn't even remember for sure the color of the van, just the circumstances and details I described above.

I had the "bad feeling" right away, and I am usually a very trusting person. In fact, I am very trusting of people that some others might fear simply due to stereotypes. For example, I will trust a salty old dude with a Harley vest missing half his teeth, over some dude in a suit, any given day.

Then again, this occurred during the time when we had both the "Serial Rapist" and the "Serial Shooters" still on the loose and everybody in the Phoenix area was feeling pretty jumpy.



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I just watched some videos on YouTube where some guys would stare at people to see their reaction. It's hard to tell what people are up to these days.
edit on 14-10-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)


If what happened to me was a potential YouTube video then damn they are good.
They raised up 90% of my body hair at a smaller city gas station with only two vehicles present.

You might be correct, my gut says no it was something more evil than a prank video.

Years ago when working I had to hit the panic button more than once for police, many death threats and such but never ever never did my hair stand up like it did at the gas station.

However I am open to ideas and yours could be correct.
Thanks for the post,
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar
 


Are you a girl by the way? That sounds scary.

Maybe you should have reported that to the police, might be a few missing people around the area.

Stay safe.

Yes, I am female, and I did report it to the police immediately afterwards (see my post above). It was about ten years ago, though, so no worries now. Thanks!



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar
 

I do believe and almost everyone here probably does that you posting here now is only because of your "awareness and vibes" you picked up.

You seriously are lucky to be posting here and once again thanks for the input.

Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think we're biologically hardwired to pick up on that kind of stuff. I go with always trust your gut instincts. I had this happen once to me in high school. Not exactly to the level you're talking about, because I don't think the guy wanted to kill me, but he didn't wish me well either. The best I can describe it is kind of an evil-eye type of thing.



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

Thanks, but the funny thing is, I couldn't tell you what the guy looked like. I didn't register hair color, clothing, or anything like that. I called the police and reported what happened when I got back to my office, but I couldn't even remember for sure the color of the van, just the circumstances and details I described above.

I had the "bad feeling" right away, and I am usually a very trusting person. In fact, I am very trusting of people that some others might fear simply due to stereotypes. For example, I will trust a salty old dude with a Harley vest missing half his teeth, over some dude in a suit, any given day.

Then again, this occurred during the time when we had both the "Serial Rapist" and the "Serial Shooters" still on the loose and everybody in the Phoenix area was feeling pretty jumpy.


reminds me of Orlando of the fleshless.







posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh
I think we're biologically hardwired to pick up on that kind of stuff. I go with always trust your gut instincts. I had this happen once to me in high school. Not exactly to the level you're talking about, because I don't think the guy wanted to kill me, but he didn't wish me well either. The best I can describe it is kind of an evil-eye type of thing.


Thanks for the post, this makes me think now of how many times I have met a complete stranger and is a split second I either like them or don't like them, and once in awhile you meet a person for the first time and you absolutely without a doubt hate them.

This is the first time in my 52 years of life I have every met somebody, never said a word either way, yet they scared the heck out of me and raised my hackles to new found heights.

Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 


Someone was staring at you so you think he is going to pull out a meat cleaver, dice you up in front of everyone then go and have a barbeque with the steaks he made out of your limbs? Dude, ask the weirdo what his problem is. When I looked at your post, I thought you must of been a chick



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnetwistedMOFO
reply to post by Iwinder
 


Someone was staring at you so you think he is going to pull out a meat cleaver, dice you up in front of everyone then go and have a barbeque with the steaks he made out of your limbs? Dude, ask the weirdo what his problem is. When I looked at your post, I thought you must of been a chick


Nope not a chick at least not that I know of here, thanks for your first post on my thread of all things!

Welcome to ATS and I look forward to many more of your insightful posts..
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Originally posted by OnetwistedMOFO
reply to post by Iwinder
 


Someone was staring at you so you think he is going to pull out a meat cleaver, dice you up in front of everyone then go and have a barbeque with the steaks he made out of your limbs? Dude, ask the weirdo what his problem is. When I looked at your post, I thought you must of been a chick


Nope not a chick at least not that I know of here, thanks for your first post on my thread of all things!

Welcome to ATS and I look forward to many more of your insightful posts..
Regards, Iwinder


Thanks, I will admit it would of gave me the creeps also, but nothing a nozzle of petrol and a lighter wouldn't of fixed



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar
 

I do believe and almost everyone here probably does that you posting here now is only because of your "awareness and vibes" you picked up.

You seriously are lucky to be posting here and once again thanks for the input.

Regards, Iwinder

Thank you, much appreciated!



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
he had a choice of 12 pumps and took the one right in front of me.

I get heebie-jeebies when ever I'm in a stall in a large empty washroom
with plenty of other empty stalls, then one lone-stranger walks in and takes
the joining one. . . . creepy !

________________

edit on 14/10/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

Originally posted by Iwinder
he had a choice of 12 pumps and took the one right in front of me.

I get heebie-jeebies when ever I'm in a stall in a large empty washroom
with plenty of other empty stalls, then one lone-stranger walks in and takes
the joining one. . . . creepy !

________________

edit on 14/10/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)


Excellent post and being a guy I can relate to your post as it makes me think of urinals.....same principal why rub shoulders when you don't have to?

Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I had a very similar experience about a week ago.

I pulled into a gas station to fill up my Mustang. Just as I'm beginning to fill up I see this tall guy looking at me as he's filling up his truck, about ten years younger than me maybe. I noticed that he had a big spaghetti sauce stain on his chin. I wanted to tell him about it so he wouldn't have to go around humiliating himself in public with it, but ten years ago I suffered a stroke which rendered me unable to speak or blink, so I was staring at it in the hopes that he would wonder what I was looking at and look at himself in his side-mirror, thus giving him a chance to clean it before he went anywhere else. He starts looking around all over the place like he's in a feverish panic, then proceeds to stare me down like he's trying to start a confrontation or something.

Then he proceeds to quickly screw his gas cap back on and enter his truck. He didn't even finish filling up his truck, nor did he take his receipt before he drove away. As he's driving away I notice him staring at me in his rear view mirror, then out of nowhere he slams on the pedal and speeds off. I'd say he was going at least 30 km/h over the limit.

You try to be nice and helpful these days, but people treat you like you're a weirdo. It's a sad society we live in.



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
I had a very similar experience about a week ago.

I pulled into a gas station to fill up my Mustang. Just as I'm beginning to fill up I see this tall guy looking at me as he's filling up his truck, about ten years younger than me maybe. I noticed that he had a big spaghetti sauce stain on his chin. I wanted to tell him about it so he wouldn't have to go around humiliating himself in public with it, but ten years ago I suffered a stroke which rendered me unable to speak or blink, so I was staring at it in the hopes that he would wonder what I was looking at and look at himself in his side-mirror, thus giving him a chance to clean it before he went anywhere else. He starts looking around all over the place like he's in a feverish panic, then proceeds to stare me down like he's trying to start a confrontation or something.

Then he proceeds to quickly screw his gas cap back on and enter his truck. He didn't even finish filling up his truck, nor did he take his receipt before he drove away. As he's driving away I notice him staring at me in his rear view mirror, then out of nowhere he slams on the pedal and speeds off. I'd say he was going at least 30 km/h over the limit.

You try to be nice and helpful these days, but people treat you like you're a weirdo. It's a sad society we live in.



That was just too cute not to repost..


I hope the op enjoys the humor in it..because I sure did. (still chuckling)



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan
 

Thanks for adding to this thread, the stroke thing is possible but highly unlikely in my opinion only.
If I had a tomato sauce stain on my chin that is no reason to stare me right out of the parking lot of the gas station.

If you read my OP you will see I have dealt with the public all my working years and that does include many disabled people.

Not once did any of them get me upset like this guy did....

You can't tell me you have never been the least bit uneasy around a complete stranger for no reason can you?

My experience was way above uneasy.

In my opinion something was way off, to the point I posted this thread and rightly so in the grey area.

I appreciate your input.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds
 


I am not sure if that post was humor or sarcasm or a serious post?

I played it safe in my reply because the post pertained to disabilities.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Maybe he thought he knew you. When people like that stare at me for a long time i usually walk towards them, if they smile or nod ill greet n walk past them like im doing something else. But keep staring more than necessary n we got a problem. You should have asked him what he's looking at.
edit on 14-10-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)





new topics

top topics



 
45
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join