It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a person ever spooked you so bad you just want to get away from them by any means possible?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm usually just a lurker, but after reading AshleyD's post about the parking lot, I just have to share what happened to me today
(Please excuse my mistakes, I'm not a native speaker of English).

Today I went shopping together with my mom. We were busy loading the groceries into the trunk (sounds familiar?
) when a guy approached us. He was pulling a shopping cart with some books inside. We were pretty sure he was going to ask for change or something like that, but instead he smiled and asked politely if we liked to read. Well, we love to read, but for some reason I just didn't feel like talking to this man, neither did my mom. He explained that he was a yoga teacher (I don't like to judge people by their looks, but he really didn't look like one) and wanted to show us some books about yoga and buddhism; he also added that we looked very cheerful and those books would be perfect for us. Both of us usually enjoy reading about these topics and everything spiritual, but we just wanted to cut this conversation short, so we told him we weren't going to buy any books, as we now buy mostly e-books (that's true, we're running out of room for paper books

The guy started to insist that we at least take a look at his books. 'Why do you keep talking about buying, somethimes you don't have to buy, it's enough to take a look', he said, and I could tell he was getting angry, even though he pretended to be nice and kept smiling. But there was something really creepy about his eyes. He kept insisting and handed me one of the books. I reached out to take it, but at the very same moment I felt like I was in danger and that I shouldn't even touch this book. This was very strange, as I usually feel quite confident and don't get overcome by fear too easily. I can't think of any rational reason for my reaction, the book looked completely harmless. It was just about his really bad vibes. I felt really awkward and stupid (and I still do!) as I withdrew my hand. That's when he got really impatient and started insisting even more, not bothering to smile any more, but we just hopped in the car and drove off.

I know that there was nothing supernatural about it, he was just trying to sell some old books to make some money and he was getting angry because nobody would buy them
Anyway, naggy salesmen usually don't give me the creeps and this guy did! Apparently, parking lots attract strange individuals

I really enjoyed reading all of your stories, so please, share more!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Yuriko

You trusted your instincts and did the right thing. Your gut is usually right.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Just wow, first off your first story sounds exactly how I felt in my situation......I knew for sure without a doubt that something was off big time and to this day I cannot say what it was.

Your second story is very sad indeed but how do you know for sure?
What I am trying to say is my OP never had an ending and certainly I am glad for that as in I never ever want to see that person again.

I thank you for adding to this thread and as you have read here, you are not the only one to get the vibes or whatever you want to call them.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yuriko
I'm usually just a lurker, but after reading AshleyD's post about the parking lot, I just have to share what happened to me today
(Please excuse my mistakes, I'm not a native speaker of English).

Today I went shopping together with my mom. We were busy loading the groceries into the trunk (sounds familiar?
) when a guy approached us. He was pulling a shopping cart with some books inside. We were pretty sure he was going to ask for change or something like that, but instead he smiled and asked politely if we liked to read. Well, we love to read, but for some reason I just didn't feel like talking to this man, neither did my mom. He explained that he was a yoga teacher (I don't like to judge people by their looks, but he really didn't look like one) and wanted to show us some books about yoga and buddhism; he also added that we looked very cheerful and those books would be perfect for us. Both of us usually enjoy reading about these topics and everything spiritual, but we just wanted to cut this conversation short, so we told him we weren't going to buy any books, as we now buy mostly e-books (that's true, we're running out of room for paper books

The guy started to insist that we at least take a look at his books. 'Why do you keep talking about buying, somethimes you don't have to buy, it's enough to take a look', he said, and I could tell he was getting angry, even though he pretended to be nice and kept smiling. But there was something really creepy about his eyes. He kept insisting and handed me one of the books. I reached out to take it, but at the very same moment I felt like I was in danger and that I shouldn't even touch this book. This was very strange, as I usually feel quite confident and don't get overcome by fear too easily. I can't think of any rational reason for my reaction, the book looked completely harmless. It was just about his really bad vibes. I felt really awkward and stupid (and I still do!) as I withdrew my hand. That's when he got really impatient and started insisting even more, not bothering to smile any more, but we just hopped in the car and drove off.

I know that there was nothing supernatural about it, he was just trying to sell some old books to make some money and he was getting angry because nobody would buy them
Anyway, naggy salesmen usually don't give me the creeps and this guy did! Apparently, parking lots attract strange individuals

I really enjoyed reading all of your stories, so please, share more!

Funny thing is my wife is an actual Yoga instructor and she has informed me that true certified Yoga instructors do not lurk in parking lots.

I would not be so quick to brush off this guy as harmless as you assumed.

Like myself you will never know but after reading lots of input here on this thread Your feeling of the creeps might have been more than you first thought.

Great story and post and I thank you very much for sharing.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KoolerKing
reply to post by Yuriko

You trusted your instincts and did the right thing. Your gut is usually right.

Agreed and If your gut is wrong there is no loss involved.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
That is scary, glad you made it out of the situation.

I myself have had a few instances where people have given me the willies and I had to up and leave. One I just helped as a customer in retail and he lingered over the change a little too long, it's not that I think he wanted my number maybe but I think when he looked at me he wanted to physically harm me in some way. My throat closed slightly and I told my boss I had to leave, but I never really left just got out of sight until he left. Maybe he meant no harm but I felt something coming from him that I just did not like

Another actually made me feel horrible after it was over. I was on the train from a long ride of NY to Chicago and there was a man sitting with several other men in the dining car. He was dressed up, lots of necklaces, I think feet, teeth tiny skulls, he had dreads and he was old. Now it wasn't his attire, age or race that got me but the way he seemed to look into my eyes, as if he saw my whole life, like he could literally see through me. I felt like if someone could read minds this dude was that someone. then one of the guys from the table calls me over and tells me to play a game of cards with them, he says the man will read my mind with his card tricks. I said no thanks and tried diverting my eyes until the next stop. At the next stop the guy goes to get off the train and he smiles warmly at me as he passes me by and layed his hand on my shoulder for just a second and says "have a great day, okay".

When he got off the train I realized that he knew I was creeped out and he wanted to put me at ease. I felt like a jerk after that, so what if he could read me. I realized that just because someone is more intune with their surroundings as that man had seemed to be that didn't make them a bad person at all.

Some people are pure evil and some are just pure.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

but how do you know for sure?

So true. In hindsight, knowing what I ended up knowing, I would have gone through the parking lot, honking my horn, and screaming at her to go home. Was it even the same girl- who knows? But I'd rather look like a weirdo and help someone than look cool and have harm come to them.

On a somewhat humorous 'false alarm' note, back in 2002 one of my good friends and I (we were flight attendants at the time) took a day trip up to Indianapolis to go shopping. While there, a man started to follow us around. He didn't even try to hide it. He'd stare at us and shadow our every move. If we went upstairs to a shoe department, he'd follow. If we went to try on clothes, he'd loiter around the changing rooms. If we went to check out handbags- there'd he be.

I was dealing with a stalker back home in Houston at the time who was making my life a living hell so I was in no mood to deal with another creep. Also, my friend I was with was a dainty little southern belle type from Charleston so I felt protective of her. Although normally non confrontational, I finally addressed the guy in a very irritated tone saying something like, 'WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING US? What do you want- go away! You're not even making any bones about it. Leave us alone!'

The man ended up being an undercover loss prevention employee. Turned out my friend and I had done something to trigger the store's radar. No surprise I guess since young women are the top demographic of shop lifters. So he introduced himself and the store manager came over and we all had a good laugh after we explained who we were.

It must be pointed out, though, that the man didn't put off a creepy/spooky vibe. He was just being a nuisance. And I think that is important in regards to your OP and several of our own incidents. There is a HUGE difference between someone we just want to go away and someone who makes our hair stand up on end.

The undercover security guard was just doing his job while the guy in the parking lot with my mother made alarm bells go off screeching 'Danger! Danger!'

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14
That is scary, glad you made it out of the situation.

I myself have had a few instances where people have given me the willies and I had to up and leave. One I just helped as a customer in retail and he lingered over the change a little too long, it's not that I think he wanted my number maybe but I think when he looked at me he wanted to physically harm me in some way. My throat closed slightly and I told my boss I had to leave, but I never really left just got out of sight until he left. Maybe he meant no harm but I felt something coming from him that I just did not like

Another actually made me feel horrible after it was over. I was on the train from a long ride of NY to Chicago and there was a man sitting with several other men in the dining car. He was dressed up, lots of necklaces, I think feet, teeth tiny skulls, he had dreads and he was old. Now it wasn't his attire, age or race that got me but the way he seemed to look into my eyes, as if he saw my whole life, like he could literally see through me. I felt like if someone could read minds this dude was that someone. then one of the guys from the table calls me over and tells me to play a game of cards with them, he says the man will read my mind with his card tricks. I said no thanks and tried diverting my eyes until the next stop. At the next stop the guy goes to get off the train and he smiles warmly at me as he passes me by and layed his hand on my shoulder for just a second and says "have a great day, okay".

When he got off the train I realized that he knew I was creeped out and he wanted to put me at ease. I felt like a jerk after that, so what if he could read me. I realized that just because someone is more intune with their surroundings as that man had seemed to be that didn't make them a bad person at all.

Some people are pure evil and some are just pure.

There is always the" what if" what if you played cards? would you be posting now?

Two more great stories for this thread and again I cannot thank the posters enough for sharing what they experienced.

Anyone who has read the whole thread will see I put up with some serious ridicule and then some but that did not deter me then nor will it now.

Many thanks for your taking the time to share this with us all.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Anyone who has read the whole thread will see I put up with some serious ridicule and then some but that did not deter me then nor will it now.

I read the whole thread and noticed that.

No worries- you were very quickly validated. Like I tried to point out above in your defense, there is a huge difference between us just not wanting to be in someone else's company and being around a person who activates our 'fight or flight' survival instincts.

It's a well known phenomenon and I'm surprised so many scoffed at you. Heck, even TONS of violent crimes victims admitted after the fact they felt someone was wrong about their attacker beforehand but wanted to be 'polite.'

We have those instincts for a reason. Even animals perk up when they sense danger is near.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

The undercover security guard was just doing his job while the guy in the parking lot with my mother made alarm bells go off screeching 'Danger! Danger!'
reply to post by AshleyD

Yes you hit the nail on the head with that post, and I am a full grown man and not a bad size but yet this smaller older man gave me the chills.

Regards Iwinder

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by Iwinder

I read the whole thread and noticed that.

No worries- you were very quickly validated. Like I tried to point out above in your defense, there is a huge difference between us just not wanting to be in someone else's company and being around a person who activates our 'fight or flight' survival instincts.

It's a well known phenomenon and I'm surprised so many scoffed at you. Heck, even TONS of violent crimes victims admitted after the fact they felt someone was wrong about their attacker beforehand but wanted to be 'polite.'

We have those instincts for a reason. Even animals perk up when they sense danger is near.

I appreciate the support, this thread is so long now that I think many wont read it all the way through, but those who happen to do so will be pleased with the stories I believe..

If this thread ever gets hundreds of stories like ours it might make a good short story book for the bathroom

And yes you are correct on people wanting to be polite and not offend anyone. Shame as that is what predators
look for.

But yet in my situation I was not being polite and I was definitely the bigger male.....but yet again that made no difference to me at that time.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne
I used to work in logging. At night i was driving along a logging road when I came across a guy standing on the side of the road hitch-hiking in a white suit. It was pitch dark, and on a very remote stretch of gravel road deep in the rockies, not a place for a suit. I thought he was stranded, and knowing I was likely the only other guy out here besides possibly some campers, I slowed down and asked him if he needed help. He didn't answer, but kept looking down the road with his thumb still out. I knew I was being pranked, but I still freaked and peeled out of there. I looked in the rear-view, and as he was engulfed by the darkness, he neither flinched nor stopped hitchhiking, just kept staring down the deserted road in his white suit.

But yeah great story! Your guy probably had a mental issue.
edit on 15-10-2012 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

For this to be someone stranded, you would think there would be a car alongside the road someplace. Was there a turnoff where one could have been, or did you see one? Even a prank, you would expect a vehicle. Plus, a white suit? Seems very out of place, and not what someone pranking you (which, if they knew the area and that you would be there, you'd think would be someone you knew) would have. I would guess this was a small town area? If so, I would think some guy in a white suit would either be known, or would stand out like a sore thumb. Not at all sure this was a prank. Not sure what to make of it, really, but very interesting story!
It seems more like the experiences some people in the paranormal threads have described. Ghosts standing at the roadside hitching a ride only to disappear later on.
I too think it's strange that there wasn't a car nearby, and the white suits so out of place, i would have sped up not stopped to help him i'm afraid,but then again i do read a lot of ghost stories.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by transubstantiation

Yes, remarkable similarities....and one has to wonder why. I have always been of the opinion that there is some truth behind various legends. Maybe not exactly what we would think, but some small grain. That this is so similar to creepy "ghost" stories, though, doesn't surprise me. In either case, I would suspect something demonic, and perceived differently, so similar elements would make sense.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Artistic

Maybe he had epilepsy. Although i don't think your eyes would go totally black.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by transubstantiation
reply to post by Artistic

Maybe he had epilepsy. Although i don't think your eyes would go totally black.

Well in my case I could see his stare quite clearly and I never bothered even trying to see what the pupils were up to.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Sounds like it would make a good movie but Im not sure how to help.. Kind of weird to have a muddy mustang

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by arber123
reply to post by Iwinder

Sounds like it would make a good movie but Im not sure how to help.. Kind of weird to have a muddy mustang

I appreciate your input and thoughts, a good movie yes it might be but not on my dime......I would not want to be in the movie or watch it.:-)

This car was filthy to say the least and it was almost brand new.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 20-3-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Two people have a gas station story. You should share location incase there is a psychotic person on the lose. Serial murderers as an example will have intense cravings for a victim. I would be taking the next step since two have reported this. It's not simply a coincidence.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Hey there Iwinder ...

I have to confess I haven't read every post so if someone else already suggested this then I apologise but to me it sounds like a classic case of 'pastlife recognition' ... in the sense that your soul and the soul of this other guy have met in a previous life and something bad / untowards happened between you ... someone mentioned the 'eyes being the mirror of the soul' I agree and when you looked at each other something was triggered but you were unable to bring it into your concious recall ... as a result it just freaked you out.

Woody

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join