Has a person ever spooked you so bad you just want to get away from them by any means possible?

page: 18
44
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by plutoxgirl
Well I think I saw someone like out of a horror movie.

The first time I was walking by with my dogs and they stopped to smell the grass on the street, so I suddenly felt like a loud bump on a door, and turned my head, and there was standing with a super angry face this kind of old man. He looked very creepy. And dirty.

I mean if he wanted to scare me with his staring, I stared back, like "wtf is your problem?" with an angry face too- since my dogs were NOT even near his house and they were just smelling the grass not doing anything else. So yes, I waited till my dogs were done smelling the grass and ONLY then left..



He was just dirty same as his house, But the whole thing was just creepy.


Second time, like weeks after that,I was just passing by and he was getting inside his house, as we were approaching, I saw his limp leg. But as he got closer, wow!, he really seemed out of a horror movie.

I wasnt scared of him at all- just really disgusted. He was one of that people that really puts you instantly on alert (not just because of how he looked) I am talking about the energy of this person- the aura.
So yes, definitely I wouldnt like having that creep as a neighbour.
edit on 5/12/12 by plutoxgirl because: (no reason given)


Good story and thanks for sharing, "the aura" is a good way to say it as well.

Regards, Iwinder




posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 


A great discussion Iwinder. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for such polite and diligent response on your part to all participants.

Count me in the camp of ...... 'time to bail' - when your gut is telling you so.
Lots of types of folks around these days, who knows - but, for me, this type of spidey sense ( as long as I don't need to hang around to protect kids or so) means get out clean.

While I do appreciate the idea of being easily deceived by first impressions, this sounds like a deep seeded message.

I never make it through more than a couple pages of the longer threads, but your story hit my gut from the second I read it - and remains with me a tad.

Never as dramatic a moment as yours, but I know what your sayin . . .

Thanx & Cheers,
Nexo



posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nexotop
 

Your post is much appreciated and I am pleased that you found the thread worthwhile.
Thanks for your kind post.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It's pretty amazing that you would have that strong of a reaction simply by having someone stare at you...creepy stuff indeed.



posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Trust me it amazed me even more than you think it might have, 53 years old and never had this happen to me.

Thanks for posting

Regards, Iwinder



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
There are few things more threatening than to be stared at.

I think this is a primeval thing common throughout the animal kingdom.

Dogs, for instance, don't like being stared at.

Many years ago, I had a room in the halls of residence attached to the hospital where I was doing nurse training.

Right outside my window was a tree, and an owl would perch on one of its branches very often.

It would always stare right at me, into my eyes.

Once or twice, I foolishly tried to outstare it.

After a minute or so, I suddenly felt very scared, and stopped.

It bothered me so much, I wanted to change rooms!

Don't ever try to outstare an owl.....you will fail.

@ the OP.

I don't believe there was anything fundamentally "bad" about the man; he was just an oddball who stared.

But I quite understand the fear.



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
No. I'm a fairly big guy, and am confident in my abilities to get out of nearly any situation.

I've be around all kinds of people including psychopaths, drug addicts, and the incarcerated.

The weirder they are, the more curious I get and like to figure them out.

The only guy that really turned me off, yet I still stayed around for a while, was likely autistic, but maybe psycho.

The kind of guy that takes everything literally, and personally, and if you don't respond the way he thinks is correct... well, he may just take a slice at your neck, or rip an eyeball out. That guy I decided wasn't worth the curiosity, so casually walked off.
edit on 15-2-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley
 






I don't believe there was anything fundamentally "bad" about the man; he was just an oddball who stared. But I quite understand the fear.



It was more than fear it was something that I never ever want to experience again.

As I have said probably a hundred times in this thread I wanted out of this guys space and pronto.

Thanks for your addition and ideas.

Regards, Iwinder



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom
No. I'm a fairly big guy, and am confident in my abilities to get out of nearly any situation.

I've be around all kinds of people including psychopaths, drug addicts, and the incarcerated.

The weirder they are, the more curious I get and like to figure them out.

The only guy that really turned me off, yet I still stayed around for a while, was likely autistic, but maybe psycho.

The kind of guy that takes everything literally, and personally, and if you don't respond the way he thinks is correct... well, he may just take a slice at your neck, or rip an eyeball out. That guy I decided wasn't worth the curiosity, so casually walked off.
edit on 15-2-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)


I will never know what would have happened if I stuck around because obviously I left the area ASAP.
Glad I did too, but if it was just a movie I would have liked to see just what might of occurred.

But alas life is all about self preservation and that is just what I did..... I preserved myself better than any Jam ever


Regards, Iwinder



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I have never experienced it "in person" like you have, OP. But twice I have had "the vibe" you are referring to.
Once was when I was a teenager, the whole family were camping in the Shoshone Forest. Camp was all set up, we were by ourselves but it was comfortable. It starts to get dusk and my dad just decides we need to go somewhere else. It's weird, but he has a feeling, and when he says that, I feel it too. We pack up all our stuff and leave, without incident. If it had just been that one time, I would just say I felt weird because dad said he did.
Then, much later, I was in my early twenties and my girlfriend and I had "parked" out in the wilderness somewhere. We were messing around as young couples do, and I get that feeling again. Luckily it was after we had finished (ha ha). We drive out of the area we were in and not half a mile away there is a group of 3 or 4 guys just walking up the road. No idea if they had bad intentions or what would have happened if they came upon us where we were but I was always glad we never found out.
I am a natural skeptic and even after I (may have) experienced one I am not so sure I believe in premonitions or what have you, but I definitely know the feeling you are talking about.



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well I can share a story of being especially spooked by someone, or having a "vibe" from them, but I'll end it with the other side of the coin so to speak.

I was working at a movie theater in a Russian mob part of town. It was well-known. They all hung out at a cafe/discotheque right next to the theater. These three Russian mobsters come up to get tickets and one of them is obviously bossman. He's short, fairly old, looks like he was once a pretty tough guy but is long past that. He's impeccably dressed and has a very distinct, well-manicured, clearly dyed salt-and-pepper beard. Decked out in gold. He gets three tickets, like total was $22.50 at the time, and he pulls out a money clip three inches thick with probably $20,000 in it and gives me a $100.

The boss isn't even the story though, I don't remember the other guy he was with, but the guy on his right was this really over-excited Ed Norton looking guy who just terrified me. His eyes were cold, so impossibly cold, it's impossible to describe. He chatted me up, acted all friendly, but my skin was crawling. I just know he was the mobster who broke legs, crushed hands and buried bodies.

But let me counter balance that with another story. I was in Ottawa, and there's a part of Ottawa where the sidewalk goes under the road like a mini-pedestrian tunnel, and you kind of have to take it to get to the other side of that street. All the street kids hang out under there because you have to go past them.

One kid came up to me and asked us very politely for money. We said sorry and he was like, cool, no problem have a great night. I remembered him well because he had a Mike Tyson like tribal tattoo on part of his face. Pretty distinctive. I pick up a newspaper a few weeks later and see this guy's face in the back seat of a police car. Turns out he kidnapped and raped a girl in Calgary. And I didn't get a single vibe off that guy, though to be fair my interaction with him was a lot shorter than the mafioso, I'll give you that.

So whose to say?
edit on 20-2-2013 by guanyu because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-2-2013 by guanyu because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I have a little different story, but it fits I think.
Anyone that knows me knows Im as psychic as a brick, so its nothing to do with intuition or any ability.


When I was younger I was an RN and spent about a decade working in an ER. I had encountered all sorts of things and truly insane folks, the dying , the dead, the creepy.. folks youd swear were possessed, the sad, the tragic... the funny.. you name it. It was a level 1 trauma center and we got the creme of the crop as far as bizarre.. including bizarre family members. I had by this time gotten pretty used to "odd". Then we had an elderly woman come in to the ER. End stages of life, colon cancer ( I THINK I recall one problem being) , etc. Not anything particularly odd or out of the ordinary to encounter in an ER. We couldnt stabilize her and it was a real stressful thing to begin with. Before she had her final episode... I forget why we were in there exactly but she had opened her eyes and the look in her eyes was horrifying. I guess it was her eyes. It was definitely something in her face. It wasnt a pained look.. or fear .. Id seen that enough to recognize it. There wasnt really an expression and she didnt talk. SHe just opened her eyes and looked over. It was something so freaking scary.. and it wasnt only myself who was unnerved, but the others as well. It was silly really, we paused.. pulled back.. then shook it off or something and got back to work. We tried to talk to her or evoke a response.. nothing, just staring. This wasnt a bad woman that I know of.. not weird or scary or ugly or gross.. just an elderly very ill woman at the end of her life. I dont know what it was that made it like this, but Im ashamed to admit I was afraid to do my job and be near her ( even though I did) and fought the urge to get out of the room. We spoke about it later. each of us having some idiot idea what was up with the situation.. and a bunch of dark humor... but of course we never REALLY knew what it was. It was just scary as hell and if they could replicate that .. whatever it was... in a horror movie, it would be the most traumatizing thing to hit film. That was yrs ago.. I still recall it.. still gives me the willies!



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonhauntedworld
I have never experienced it "in person" like you have, OP. But twice I have had "the vibe" you are referring to.
Once was when I was a teenager, the whole family were camping in the Shoshone Forest. Camp was all set up, we were by ourselves but it was comfortable. It starts to get dusk and my dad just decides we need to go somewhere else. It's weird, but he has a feeling, and when he says that, I feel it too. We pack up all our stuff and leave, without incident. If it had just been that one time, I would just say I felt weird because dad said he did.
Then, much later, I was in my early twenties and my girlfriend and I had "parked" out in the wilderness somewhere. We were messing around as young couples do, and I get that feeling again. Luckily it was after we had finished (ha ha). We drive out of the area we were in and not half a mile away there is a group of 3 or 4 guys just walking up the road. No idea if they had bad intentions or what would have happened if they came upon us where we were but I was always glad we never found out.
I am a natural skeptic and even after I (may have) experienced one I am not so sure I believe in premonitions or what have you, but I definitely know the feeling you are talking about.


Thanks very much for sharing your stories, you are correct as in "the vibe or feeling"
If it ever happens to anyone reading this thread, you will know for certain that your feelings are screaming at you like no other time in your life.

Regards, Iwinder



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by guanyu
Well I can share a story of being especially spooked by someone, or having a "vibe" from them, but I'll end it with the other side of the coin so to speak.

I was working at a movie theater in a Russian mob part of town. It was well-known. They all hung out at a cafe/discotheque right next to the theater. These three Russian mobsters come up to get tickets and one of them is obviously bossman. He's short, fairly old, looks like he was once a pretty tough guy but is long past that. He's impeccably dressed and has a very distinct, well-manicured, clearly dyed salt-and-pepper beard. Decked out in gold. He gets three tickets, like total was $22.50 at the time, and he pulls out a money clip three inches thick with probably $20,000 in it and gives me a $100.

The boss isn't even the story though, I don't remember the other guy he was with, but the guy on his right was this really over-excited Ed Norton looking guy who just terrified me. His eyes were cold, so impossibly cold, it's impossible to describe. He chatted me up, acted all friendly, but my skin was crawling. I just know he was the mobster who broke legs, crushed hands and buried bodies.

But let me counter balance that with another story. I was in Ottawa, and there's a part of Ottawa where the sidewalk goes under the road like a mini-pedestrian tunnel, and you kind of have to take it to get to the other side of that street. All the street kids hang out under there because you have to go past them.

One kid came up to me and asked us very politely for money. We said sorry and he was like, cool, no problem have a great night. I remembered him well because he had a Mike Tyson like tribal tattoo on part of his face. Pretty distinctive. I pick up a newspaper a few weeks later and see this guy's face in the back seat of a police car. Turns out he kidnapped and raped a girl in Calgary. And I didn't get a single vibe off that guy, though to be fair my interaction with him was a lot shorter than the mafioso, I'll give you that.

So whose to say?
edit on 20-2-2013 by guanyu because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-2-2013 by guanyu because: (no reason given)


Excellent post and many thanks for adding to the thread, all I can say is perhaps the second situation you found yourself in and never picked up any vibes is because the guy you ran across was not in a violent/evil mood?

Who knows?....that said I believe your Russian friends were emitting the danger vibe big time.

Regards, Iwinder



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
I have a little different story, but it fits I think.
Anyone that knows me knows Im as psychic as a brick, so its nothing to do with intuition or any ability.


When I was younger I was an RN and spent about a decade working in an ER. I had encountered all sorts of things and truly insane folks, the dying , the dead, the creepy.. folks youd swear were possessed, the sad, the tragic... the funny.. you name it. It was a level 1 trauma center and we got the creme of the crop as far as bizarre.. including bizarre family members. I had by this time gotten pretty used to "odd". Then we had an elderly woman come in to the ER. End stages of life, colon cancer ( I THINK I recall one problem being) , etc. Not anything particularly odd or out of the ordinary to encounter in an ER. We couldnt stabilize her and it was a real stressful thing to begin with. Before she had her final episode... I forget why we were in there exactly but she had opened her eyes and the look in her eyes was horrifying. I guess it was her eyes. It was definitely something in her face. It wasnt a pained look.. or fear .. Id seen that enough to recognize it. There wasnt really an expression and she didnt talk. SHe just opened her eyes and looked over. It was something so freaking scary.. and it wasnt only myself who was unnerved, but the others as well. It was silly really, we paused.. pulled back.. then shook it off or something and got back to work. We tried to talk to her or evoke a response.. nothing, just staring. This wasnt a bad woman that I know of.. not weird or scary or ugly or gross.. just an elderly very ill woman at the end of her life. I dont know what it was that made it like this, but Im ashamed to admit I was afraid to do my job and be near her ( even though I did) and fought the urge to get out of the room. We spoke about it later. each of us having some idiot idea what was up with the situation.. and a bunch of dark humor... but of course we never REALLY knew what it was. It was just scary as hell and if they could replicate that .. whatever it was... in a horror movie, it would be the most traumatizing thing to hit film. That was yrs ago.. I still recall it.. still gives me the willies!


Wow what a great post!......I am truly very sorry for her situation and demise......that said you and your workmates were an experienced crew and yet this happens?

I will repeat myself, once you have this "vibe" or whatever label you choose for it, you will never forget it.

I know for a fact that until the day I die I will not forget what happened to me and that really really odd feeling I had.

Good stuff and Thank you for your story.

Regards, Iwinder



posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I remember when I was much younger, the neighbors had a guard dog. That's what the next door neighbor claimed his dog was. I never understood his dog. It had some kind of sixth sense. I could never get any closer than 50 feet and it would run away from me as if I had some powerful demon with me that would kill it. I suppose it either had very good hearing or a very sharp sense of smell. I never got closer than 50 feet. I had no clue why the dog acted so strange. I figured I must have resembled someone the dog didn't trust. I should add I never had any bad intentions toward the dog. I remember as a kid a wolf came up on school property and everyone else was running. The wolf walked right by me as peaceful as any ordinary dog. Sometimes the so called sixth sense might work but sometimes I think fear is overblown.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I remember when I was much younger, the neighbors had a guard dog. That's what the next door neighbor claimed his dog was. I never understood his dog. It had some kind of sixth sense. I could never get any closer than 50 feet and it would run away from me as if I had some powerful demon with me that would kill it. I suppose it either had very good hearing or a very sharp sense of smell. I never got closer than 50 feet. I had no clue why the dog acted so strange. I figured I must have resembled someone the dog didn't trust. I should add I never had any bad intentions toward the dog. I remember as a kid a wolf came up on school property and everyone else was running. The wolf walked right by me as peaceful as any ordinary dog. Sometimes the so called sixth sense might work but sometimes I think fear is overblown.


Good post and thanks very much for sharing your experiences and your thoughts on this thread..
The Wolf story you can count me in on the runners :-)

Your input is much appreciated.

Regards, Iwinder



posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Once I stopped in a convenience store to visit a friend who was working there alone. Two guys came in to get snacks and drinks. They didn't do anything strange but the vibe was so bad I was sure they were going to do something. Finally they left and I said to my friend "man, those guys really creeped me out!" He didn't notice anything, probably because he sees so many people over the course of a day. Anyway, two days later I see in the paper that the two guys were arrested for breaking into a bank manager's home, holding her family at gunpoint until the next morning when they forced the woman to to open the bank for them. Thank God they were caught. This all happened less than a mile from the store I saw them at, so I suppose they were getting snacks before the evil unfolded...



posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by elemenop
Once I stopped in a convenience store to visit a friend who was working there alone. Two guys came in to get snacks and drinks. They didn't do anything strange but the vibe was so bad I was sure they were going to do something. Finally they left and I said to my friend "man, those guys really creeped me out!" He didn't notice anything, probably because he sees so many people over the course of a day. Anyway, two days later I see in the paper that the two guys were arrested for breaking into a bank manager's home, holding her family at gunpoint until the next morning when they forced the woman to to open the bank for them. Thank God they were caught. This all happened less than a mile from the store I saw them at, so I suppose they were getting snacks before the evil unfolded...


fantastic story, So it turned out you were very correct in your feelings (vibes) very much appreciate you sharing that with us on this thread.

Again great post!
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just saw this bumped. Two stories I'd like to share, one not so happy of an ending.

In the early 90's, my mother, brother, and myself went to the grocery store one evening. My mother was a beautiful petite blonde and I witnessed men approaching her all my life but this was so different. I was sitting in the front seat 'shotgun' while my brother was in the back. My mother was finishing the last of the grocery loading into the trunk. This guy approached her to ask for directions or help with something.

IMMEDIATELY and without communicating with each other, my brother and I had a horrible vibe about this man. First of all, it was strange that this guy would be coming up to her when there were others like a bag boy collecting carts or a what not he could ask. It was just 'off.' But OK- whatever. Maybe she was just the closest to him.

Regardless, we were totally spooked as he kept creeping in on our mother and being persistent. I firmly remember my mother looking uncomfortable whereas she is usually very friendly and open. My brother and I both opened our doors and stared him down and he seemed surprised like he hadn't been aware we were there. This part will sound lame and silly but it was all we had- my brother got some cans to hold in his hand and I grabbed a mop/broom that my mother had just bought. We were ready to rumble if this guy messed with our mom.
We were the scrawniest private school white kids in existence but it wasn't the point. Predators who wish to do harm are total cowards at heart and are looking for the easy mark and no witnesses. This guy backed off and wandered away.

The second my mother got in the car, she scolded our behinds up and down and said she wished we simply locked the doors and let him take her if it came down to it. It was really strange how all three of us picked up on this super bad vibe without saying a word. My mother was furious with us for not trying to stay safe but like we were just as protective of her. The thing I'm trying to point out is that all of us were in unspoken collusion that this guy was dangerous and we needed to be defensive.

And he wasn't some thug- just a middle age, middle class looking white man.

 


On a more tragic note, as a teenager one of my best friends from high school and I wanted to go check out the famous haunted railroad tracks of San Antonio. If any of you are familiar with the area, you'll know the area is pretty sparsely populated (at least it was at the time 15 years ago). It's not a very largely active area like it is farther north in the city. It's on the lowest outskirts of San Antonio.

So she and I were driving in the area when we spotted a girl on a payphone late at night in a dimly lit parking lot. It felt so wrong and my friend and I immediately agreed that she was in danger and that she should leave the area ASAP. We had the urgent feeling to warn her or tell her to get out of there. We of course did not and minded our own business and kept driving on our way. What do you really do in a situation like that?

One or two days later my friend asked me if I remembered that girl we saw on the payphone. I did and then she told me that it was in the news a girl was abducted and killed that night from that lot. I have no way of knowing if the victim was the same one we saw but it was a very haunting experience.

So those 'bad vibes' we pick up may not be of our own harm but someone else's. I always wished I had done something but I'm not sure what. We probably would have scared the poor girl, too, to have strangers drive up and tell her to get out of there and that she's in danger. It was a bad situation but I feel horrible.





new topics
top topics
 
44
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join