It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a person ever spooked you so bad you just want to get away from them by any means possible?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Wow, creepy story! Yes, in fact, have had something like that happen. Sort of. Does it count if I didn't hang around to check the person out?

My case, I was working at the front desk in a hotel. Second shift, when most people check in, and very used to all sorts of people, including some serious head cases, some real cranks, etc. I am not a large person (5'5", average weight at the time, about a size 8), but I don't scare easily, and (for reasons I do NOT understand) have even been told I can be "intimidating". I don't get that part. In any case, I liked the shift, and seeing all the different people come in. Had no issues dealing with irate guests, or tossing out kids throwing parties. This night, though......this guy was wrong. I was at the desk with another clerk - we worked in pairs mainly due to the shuttle van - when this businessman-looking fellow approaches the doors. Easy view to outside, large windows. He looked ordinary. Something though, seriously spooked me, and I have no idea why. I told the other clerk (and no, not proud of leaving her alone) to check him in, and ducked into the back room. After he left, she could tell I was spooked, and we talked, but she didn't see anything weird about the guy. I can't explain it, but I did not want to talk to him, be that close, have him see me.

I have encountered a few people that seemed, literally, evil to me, and even those didn't prompt this sort of reaction. I can still picture him approaching the doors, and can't think of anything that would make me react as I did. But, I trust my instincts, and I know something was off with the fellow.

I don't suppose the eyes of this one you saw were weird, were they? Sounds SO similar to some of the black-eyed people stories I have read! Creepy stuff.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar
Yes! I used to work near a Fry's Electronics (a store that is kind of like a big Best Buy), and I would go over at lunchtime on game release days to pick up new games for my boyfriend. One time, I was leaving the store when a guy in a wheelchair stopped me in the parking lot and asked me if I would help him into his van (he was next to the van, in the wheelchair, and the sliding side door of the van was open).

*snip

Yikes! Good idea, not to help him! The very real serial killer Ted Bundy would use fake casts and the like to lure victims. Sounds like you avoided a serial killer. Curious, did you call the police? Not sure what, if anything, they could have done, but WOW.

Reminds me of some other creepy person I encountered. Not as bad as the one I mentioned earlier, but still weird. Was out with a couple of friends, and this guy comes over to chat. We were at a bar of sorts, in an area with many, sitting upstairs on a balcony area overlooking the street.

Well, the guy was totally average. Decent clothing, not too flashy, polite, acting like any guy trying to get to know a group of girls. He didn't say anything rude, or weird, and there wasn't any odd body language, either. I noticed, because I actually started looking for something off, after he sat down. The reason? I got this weird idea in my head that he was a psychopath. Kept making Norman Bates references in my head. Could not for the life of me figure out why. Well, we all talked a bit, and he still acted perfectly normal. When we finally got up to leave, one of the friends lingered at the table a moment, while I an d the other headed for the stairs. Still feeling nervous of the guy, and wanting to shake it off, I turned to her and said, "Psycho, right?" I thought she would ask what I meant, and we could laugh about it, but she got the strangest look on her face, and replied, "I though it was just me!" At that point, we called the other friend, and on the way down, explained our worries. All of us were watching to see if the guy was coming after us. I even watched the news for a few months (literally) to see if anything weird happened.

Not as clear a danger as your case, though. Close call there!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Maybe that guy was just a customer having a bad day, and maybe he did intend you harm. it's possible that he didn't act because you were alerted, and didn't harm your manager for the same reason. Maybe he was innocent, but better tr=o trust your instincts! Door you can't open, going the wrong way, joking about the door, etc - sounds like those things we see in the movie that the victim doesn't. Think you did the right thing!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne
I used to work in logging. At night i was driving along a logging road when I came across a guy standing on the side of the road hitch-hiking in a white suit. It was pitch dark, and on a very remote stretch of gravel road deep in the rockies, not a place for a suit. I thought he was stranded, and knowing I was likely the only other guy out here besides possibly some campers, I slowed down and asked him if he needed help. He didn't answer, but kept looking down the road with his thumb still out. I knew I was being pranked, but I still freaked and peeled out of there. I looked in the rear-view, and as he was engulfed by the darkness, he neither flinched nor stopped hitchhiking, just kept staring down the deserted road in his white suit.

But yeah great story! Your guy probably had a mental issue.
edit on 15-10-2012 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

For this to be someone stranded, you would think there would be a car alongside the road someplace. Was there a turnoff where one could have been, or did you see one? Even a prank, you would expect a vehicle. Plus, a white suit? Seems very out of place, and not what someone pranking you (which, if they knew the area and that you would be there, you'd think would be someone you knew) would have. I would guess this was a small town area? If so, I would think some guy in a white suit would either be known, or would stand out like a sore thumb. Not at all sure this was a prank. Not sure what to make of it, really, but very interesting story!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by Iwinder

Wow, creepy story! Yes, in fact, have had something like that happen. Sort of. Does it count if I didn't hang around to check the person out?

My case, I was working at the front desk in a hotel. Second shift, when most people check in, and very used to all sorts of people, including some serious head cases, some real cranks, etc. I am not a large person (5'5", average weight at the time, about a size 8), but I don't scare easily, and (for reasons I do NOT understand) have even been told I can be "intimidating". I don't get that part. In any case, I liked the shift, and seeing all the different people come in. Had no issues dealing with irate guests, or tossing out kids throwing parties. This night, though......this guy was wrong. I was at the desk with another clerk - we worked in pairs mainly due to the shuttle van - when this businessman-looking fellow approaches the doors. Easy view to outside, large windows. He looked ordinary. Something though, seriously spooked me, and I have no idea why. I told the other clerk (and no, not proud of leaving her alone) to check him in, and ducked into the back room. After he left, she could tell I was spooked, and we talked, but she didn't see anything weird about the guy. I can't explain it, but I did not want to talk to him, be that close, have him see me.

I have encountered a few people that seemed, literally, evil to me, and even those didn't prompt this sort of reaction. I can still picture him approaching the doors, and can't think of anything that would make me react as I did. But, I trust my instincts, and I know something was off with the fellow.

I don't suppose the eyes of this one you saw were weird, were they? Sounds SO similar to some of the black-eyed people stories I have read! Creepy stuff.

Great story and thanks for sharing it here, I never really got a good look at his eyes because we were about 25 feet or so separated.

Iv'e read many threads here on the Black eyes but it was not like that, Like you I just wanted to get out of this guys area and I didn't care how I looked or how I did it.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I feel as if people view me this way lol. I find most of my conversations very short, and the other person leaving abruptly, except when I'm with my friends. It's like people constantly try to judge me and judge what I'm about to do or trying to do, but it doesn't work because I don't have a predictable demeanor.

When I make eye contact with a stranger, always do they look away rather quickly, and I see their mouth move as in saying a response to me, but only they can hear it. I don't think much into it, because I probably do look a little scary in doing this. But simply, I just like to know my surroundings. So that if something were to go wrong, I would have probably already noticed it. Is this weird? I do this almost in every situation. This involves looking at people in effort to look at what they are doing what emotion they are feeling. People tell me I get a weird look in my eye, as if I was plotting a murder. But the people who tell me this, have never seen a murder happen nor seen a look in the eyes other than movies. It sounds to me like people are trying to rationalize what they observe, but they have been fed bad information subconsciously and attune that info to what they see, which only adds to their state. Don't believe everything you hear, guys. Or see, for that matter.

Personally, I have never had a bad feeling about somebody that I come in contact with. Perhaps the closest to this that I have felt, was this guy named Eric that came to a party I had thrown. He had been looking around my apartment at all the things that I had, and not talking to many people; only in lowered voices to people he came with. He had been found in my room where no people were to go, and quickly made excuses that he thought he had laid his jacket in there, the jacket he was still wearing. I did not want to make him leave, nor did I want to remove myself from his presence. He seemed to me like he wanted to steal something. But things like that sort their selves out. Let karma punish, as it never makes mistakes, but humans do make mistakes.

And people acting like I'm some demon force from mars, does not bother me one bit. If someone acts like that to me, I find it funny. If they are so scared of me, to the point where they don't even bother talking to me, they aren't worth my time to convince them otherwise. I think this all boils down to us trying to judge other people and see "what they are about".

But if you think about it, how do we judge one another when we are all equals? Were all on the same planet, in the same solar system, going for the same thing. Survival and prosperity (But there are some people who will say they live for different things). But we are all living on this planet together. There is only one judge that should be judging, and I'm not talking about the ones in the court system.

Good vibes to all, I enjoyed all the stories in this topic.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
only myself

but how do i get away from me?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I saw an old lady walking in only pajamas in the middle of winter. It was about -20 degrees Celsius, and I, of course, thought it was a ghost - and it chilled my spine for a few seconds. It turns out it was just an old lady - obviously impervious to the cold - fetching her mail.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trappenin
I feel as if people view me this way lol. I find most of my conversations very short, and the other person leaving abruptly, except when I'm with my friends. It's like people constantly try to judge me and judge what I'm about to do or trying to do, but it doesn't work because I don't have a predictable demeanor.

When I make eye contact with a stranger, always do they look away rather quickly, and I see their mouth move as in saying a response to me, but only they can hear it. I don't think much into it, because I probably do look a little scary in doing this. But simply, I just like to know my surroundings. So that if something were to go wrong, I would have probably already noticed it. Is this weird? I do this almost in every situation. This involves looking at people in effort to look at what they are doing what emotion they are feeling. People tell me I get a weird look in my eye, as if I was plotting a murder. But the people who tell me this, have never seen a murder happen nor seen a look in the eyes other than movies. It sounds to me like people are trying to rationalize what they observe, but they have been fed bad information subconsciously and attune that info to what they see, which only adds to their state. Don't believe everything you hear, guys. Or see, for that matter.

Personally, I have never had a bad feeling about somebody that I come in contact with. Perhaps the closest to this that I have felt, was this guy named Eric that came to a party I had thrown. He had been looking around my apartment at all the things that I had, and not talking to many people; only in lowered voices to people he came with. He had been found in my room where no people were to go, and quickly made excuses that he thought he had laid his jacket in there, the jacket he was still wearing. I did not want to make him leave, nor did I want to remove myself from his presence. He seemed to me like he wanted to steal something. But things like that sort their selves out. Let karma punish, as it never makes mistakes, but humans do make mistakes.

And people acting like I'm some demon force from mars, does not bother me one bit. If someone acts like that to me, I find it funny. If they are so scared of me, to the point where they don't even bother talking to me, they aren't worth my time to convince them otherwise. I think this all boils down to us trying to judge other people and see "what they are about".

But if you think about it, how do we judge one another when we are all equals? Were all on the same planet, in the same solar system, going for the same thing. Survival and prosperity (But there are some people who will say they live for different things). But we are all living on this planet together. There is only one judge that should be judging, and I'm not talking about the ones in the court system.

Good vibes to all, I enjoyed all the stories in this topic.

Thanks for sharing your story and your personal thoughts on the subject.
Much appreciated
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Second like I mentioned in my OP he turned just like a robot and never blinked, just stared at me and not the truck. The robot thing does not mean that he was possessed or anything it is just the only way I can explain it here, mechanical is the proper word.
reply to post by Iwinder

This mechanical behaviour you speak of is common amongst Seals, Swat, in fact many tactical operation units. It's also common in returned servicemen, Mercenaries and Professional hires. Just another explanation.

I have no doubt that you were alerted to something and it's my opinion that those type of alarm bells are a primitive form of self preservation well worth observing.

Interesting post.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder[/i

Great story and thanks for sharing it here, I never really got a good look at his eyes because we were about 25 feet or so separated.

Iv'e read many threads here on the Black eyes but it was not like that, Like you I just wanted to get out of this guys area and I didn't care how I looked or how I did it.

Regards, Iwinder

Well, I didn't see much of the fellow in my case, either. Too spooked to even make contact. Totally understand what you mean, in any case. I figure people that don't listen to their guts in cases like that end up as victims. It's interesting how many people have ha similar encounters.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MollyStewart

Second like I mentioned in my OP he turned just like a robot and never blinked, just stared at me and not the truck. The robot thing does not mean that he was possessed or anything it is just the only way I can explain it here, mechanical is the proper word.
reply to post by Iwinder

This mechanical behaviour you speak of is common amongst Seals, Swat, in fact many tactical operation units. It's also common in returned servicemen, Mercenaries and Professional hires. Just another explanation.

I have no doubt that you were alerted to something and it's my opinion that those type of alarm bells are a primitive form of self preservation well worth observing.

Interesting post.

Cheers

Thank you for your information and adding to the thread here.

Good stuff indeed.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder[/i

Regards, Iwinder

Well, I didn't see much of the fellow in my case, either. Too spooked to even make contact. Totally understand what you mean, in any case. I figure people that don't listen to their guts in cases like that end up as victims. It's interesting how many people have ha similar encounters.

I hear you loud and clear, Yes the more I read the responses here the more I am glad I got the heck out of Dodge when I did.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Creeepy story. Thanks for opening this thread discussion up!

I too have had several creepy happenings over the years.

I had a friend at work I use to invite over for pizza and a beer on occasion.

We would sit around and chat with TV on...

Well, one night, the chap was sitting and talking when all the sudden, his started twitching and I turned my head to directly face him and his eyes turned totally black!

The entire eye; the whites and everything was black.

I didn't know what to do...but didn't want to bring it to attention for fear I would cause a negative reaction.

I quickly cut the evening short with an excuse, I never invited him over again.

But, have seen him since at work and have witnessed his twitching there as well.

I didn't want to look to see if his eyes turned black...

We work in different departments now and don't see him too much.

Do you think he is possessed?

I just wanted to get him the **** outa my apartment that night!!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Artistic

Oh, wow, in your house?!?!? I would have flipped out! Way too creepy. SO did you get any weird "vibe" from him before that? Since? Well, I mean other than knowing there is something off. Have to wonder, how many like that are around.....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artistic
Creeepy story. Thanks for opening this thread discussion up!

I too have had several creepy happenings over the years.

I had a friend at work I use to invite over for pizza and a beer on occasion.

We would sit around and chat with TV on...

Well, one night, the chap was sitting and talking when all the sudden, his started twitching and I turned my head to directly face him and his eyes turned totally black!

The entire eye; the whites and everything was black.

I didn't know what to do...but didn't want to bring it to attention for fear I would cause a negative reaction.

I quickly cut the evening short with an excuse, I never invited him over again.

But, have seen him since at work and have witnessed his twitching there as well.

I didn't want to look to see if his eyes turned black...

We work in different departments now and don't see him too much.

Do you think he is possessed?

I just wanted to get him the **** outa my apartment that night!!

I don't know if your chap is possessed and I have no idea what made the guy in my OP act how he did or effect me so strongly but I guess anything is possible.

Thanks for sharing and adding to this thread.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Artistic

Oh, wow, in your house?!?!? I would have flipped out! Way too creepy. SO did you get any weird "vibe" from him before that? Since? Well, I mean other than knowing there is something off. Have to wonder, how many like that are around.....

Good questions and we will see if we get an answer to them, I too am wondering about the weird vibes.....

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koros
Thanks for this thread, OP!

Several years ago I had a date with a man who, I pray, I will never see again. We had met on an online gay dating site, and agreed to a date after weeks of conversation. Online, he seemed like a nice, normal, down-to-earth kind of guy. In person, however, was an entirely different story.

When I arrived at his apartment to pick him up for our date, I got a very uneasy feeling as he got in my car. I ignored it and tried to write it off as first date nervousness. However, as the date went on, the feeling would not go away. Every time I made eye contact with him over dinner I got an overwhelming urge to run. This was "fight or flight" at a level I had never experienced. I could barely eat, and spent most of the time at the restaurant just moving my food around on my plate because I was afraid I would be sick if I ate anything.

After dinner we got back in my car and he invited me to his place to watch a movie. I agreed, but only because I saw this as an opportunity to leave. When I arrived back at his place, I told him that I wasn't feeling well and would like to go home. He professed that, since I lived an hour away, I should stay at his place if I was sick. I was sweating, shaking, and terrified to spend another minute with him. There was nothing about his outward appearance that gave off anything other than "30 year-old professional gay man." But, something about the way he moved, the way he looked at me, or just the energy he gave off made me panic.

He got out of the car, continuing to state that I needed to come inside. But, I insisted that I needed to leave. His eyes, in that moment, are what convinced me I had made the right decision. There was something there, something malevolent in the way he looked at me. It was a look that hadn't been there the rest of the night, but now that I was leaving was present.

I got in my car and quickly pulled out of his apartment complex. To this day, I think I escaped something terrible in that moment. What it was, I couldn't say. But, I have no doubt that the evening would have gone very, very badly for me if I had stayed.
you could have had a date with the next Jeffrey Dahmer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well I think I saw someone like out of a horror movie.

The first time I was walking by with my dogs and they stopped to smell the grass on the street, so I suddenly felt like a loud bump on a door, and turned my head, and there was standing with a super angry face this kind of old man. He looked very creepy. And dirty.

I mean if he wanted to scare me with his staring, I stared back, like "wtf is your problem?" with an angry face too- since my dogs were NOT even near his house and they were just smelling the grass not doing anything else. So yes, I waited till my dogs were done smelling the grass and ONLY then left..

He was just dirty same as his house, But the whole thing was just creepy.

Second time, like weeks after that,I was just passing by and he was getting inside his house, as we were approaching, I saw his limp leg. But as he got closer, wow!, he really seemed out of a horror movie.

I wasnt scared of him at all- just really disgusted. He was one of that people that really puts you instantly on alert (not just because of how he looked) I am talking about the energy of this person- the aura.
So yes, definitely I wouldnt like having that creep as a neighbour.
edit on 5/12/12 by plutoxgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
So, never been married huh?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join