It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a person ever spooked you so bad you just want to get away from them by any means possible?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Really?
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. After all, where is a sociopath going to hunt for victims if not at social gatherings?

Very interesting, though.

EDIT: I went back and reread the post, and there is no mention of a social gathering in your post.
Apparently I've been reading "diagonally" myself.

Sorry.

edit on 16-10-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This has made me think a little. There are even people online that give me a strange feeling of them being "evil" just by the way they post. ...not anybody here, just ran across one earlier and proceeded to avoid them. I guess anytime there is "communication" whether it be a conversation, just physical proximity or even a posting on a message board, we are attuned to notice it and to know to put as much distance as possible betwee ourselves and that person.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
reply to post by sylvie

Thanks for your great addition to the thread, your story was too long to quote but never mind that it was fantastic.

Regards, Iwinder

What really killed me was hearing about that other poor woman who got involved with the guy. I'm lucky to be alive and well.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Thanks. I totally understand what you mean by this being dangerous. And I will start that thread soon. You know how they say you have to pick your battles? Well, most of what I have to offer ATS will be in this forum, because it is personal experience that I have more than anything else. I don't get into the arguments and proving/debunking toilet matches.

There are quite a few highly intelligent people here at ATS who bring a lot of very good info and source material to the site, and it is difficult to cite every single statistic and source accurately, so I have much respect for those people and don't mean to say that proving/debunking is unnecessary; it's just not my cup of tea and something I would rather read than participate in. The very reason the gray area exists is because in a lot of cases personal experience is something that you can't prove. It rings true or it doesn't,people will relate or they won't, and things are not as cut and dried here as elsewhere. I do feel , however, that I have a responsibility,or obligation, if you will, to "Prove" what I say in this forum without completely exposing myself. Others may not feel this way and that is okay with me. In future posts I will be talking about people who were more dangerous than the ones before , so I won't be able to give as much info as I did in my last post. I guess I just wanted to show that I am not here to make up wild stories like I'm from some illuminati family , etc. but that my experiences are very real. It's not a desperate need to prove myself, rather a desire to stay true to myself.

If certain people want me they know where they can find me. , but odds are they won't because they know how much tenacity I have when provoked or pushed around, and they have been sent very strong messages that it would be a very bad idea to provoke me.I consider myself a very gentle and loving person. The people I know also consider me to be this way, but they and I know that I have a very "live and let live" attitude towards life, which means that if you stay out of my way and don't go out of your way to hassle me or make my life difficult, we're cool. Otherwise, I take it personally if you know what I mean.

I found your honesty and candor refreshing. So many men wouldn't relate that tale to anyone because of the "are you a/you must be a /girl" comments. Obviously you are secure in your manhood or you wouldn't have posted that story let alone started a thread about it. A dying breed , I must say. Anyhow, have a good night and thanks for the story.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I don't remember ever getting scared like the op did. I do remember someone else was apparently scared to death one time when the lobby door in a dorm building opened up by itself and I walked in and the door closed behind me without me touching it. It was not an automatic door and the guy who saw this looked like he must have seen a ghost or a devil or something. I looked around for a second and didn't see anyone to be afraid of. Then I thought it was amusing how scared he was. He didn't even want me to see him as he ran for it ducking behind something first. I wondered if he really did see a ghost and if the ghost opened the door for me.

I remember one time for some reason I thought one guy in a club sitting at a table near me could be a murderer. However I wasn't going to worry about some strange thought that popped up in my head. There are probably lots of murderers roaming around in the population that haven't been caught yet.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Ok here's a confession.

When I was about 12 years old (and a shy, quiet, nerdy kid), I came into contact with a possible paedophile and abuser.

To cut a long story short I was walking home from a friend's house and was approached by a thirty odd year old, handsome, well dressed, innocent looking guy (nothing like the stereotype, this guy just looked.... normal) and he asked for directions to a bowling alley (which was on my way home).

I gave him the directions and thought nothing of it. Then he asked me if I was walking that way and asked if it was cool if he could walk with me?

Then I looked in his eyes and found something about him was very off and disconcerting. Something distant yet also threatening and edgy yet not with any obvious malicious intent, more like an accidental glimpse at something that lay rooted inside him. Unfortunately, I was very young and stupid and scared and stupidly accepted his offer to walk with me.

Then he offered to give me some free vouchers if I'd come and drink some coca cola with him (hideously stupid I know) and yet I agreed (through fear) and went inside the bowling alley and he went and bought me a drink from the bar. As I was sat at the table, a million thoughts ran through my head - I'd heard of these people before, child abusers and creeps and it slowly dawned on me what was happening. I was being groomed.

Anyway, as he was at the bar, I decided I would plan an escape, but he kept STARING back at me from the bar as he queued up to get me a drink and to be absolutely honest with you, I felt like stone, rooted to the spot, unable to even think properly. I could have easily ran away, he was more than twenty feet away, i could have gone to the staff and said something or ran and hid outside or anything else. But I didn't.

I allowed him to come back with a glass of coke and he put it in front of me and started asking me questions. Where do I live? Am I still at school? What was my favourite subject?

The he asked me If I wanted to meet him next weekend and 'show him around town'. This broke the spell a little, as I used it as an excuse to leave. I told him yes I would happily show him around town next week, no problem. But I couldn't stay here and I needed to go.

His eyes changed. He stared at me. Looking through me.

And some little tiny bit of strength forced me to leave my chair and thank him for the drink and walk away. He followed me and asked me where I would like to meet him next week? I told him I would meet him outside the town hall and that I promised to go there.

He offered me ten pounds 'for the bus' and told me he'd treat me to some things when I met him next weekend. I refused the money and walked away from him as fast as I could. He followed me for a good twenty seconds until I went onto the main road and RAN around the corner, bursting into tears and adrenaline and shock and FLED home and did not leave my house for two days.

So yes, OP, I know how it feels. Your case is different to mine in the sense that I was a child confronted by an adult - yet the horror/ creepiness and feelings are probably the same.

I grew up that day.

Edit: I never touched a drop of the drink he bought me.

edit on 16-10-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Well, it was an interesting story. but what's a third eye and what does it have to do with the Pineal Gland, there's a good understanding of what the Pineal Gland does, and it doesn't involve ESP.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I love how all the big tuffies say they would have confronted the guy. They are the type that die first. Follow your instinct, that's why you have one.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I am certainly no expert in occult or even any of their supposed capabilities, if indeed they have any at all. I do know one thing for certain, though. There are some people who know that they instill fear in other people. They may not like it very much, and perhaps some of them enjoy it to the max.

Some of them get a very special kick out of staring down someone, and see who blinks first. It is the same thing as driving "chicken" towards another daredevil driver, just to see who is the first to move out of the way. The rule in "chicken", however, is that the first that decides to move, always goes to their right. (In America anyway, and I wonder what they do in England...). With a "starer" , it is not so straight forward. The more you participate, the more thrill you are giving these people, and they thrive on that.

What you do in this situation, relies pretty much on the environment you are in. if it is in a remote place , and no one are around, it is best to just look the other way, and get in your car, or whatever you are doing and just get out of there. They may be packing a weapon, and are looking for , or "creating" an excuse to use it. If it is a public place, then I personally find it hard to let them get away with thinking that they are scaring me. This decision should be made taking into account the size of the other person, and of course your physical size and condition as well and the confidence in being able to defend yourself.

Once you get beyond that, and decide you are not going to let this idiot get his/her jollies by scaring you, I walk right up to them and ask them basically why they are starting at me, and if they recognize me. All the time with a smile on your face, and an outward exuberance of confidence that says you are not afraid of them, and are willing to ask them questions. 9 out of 10 here, they are the one that will turn and leave, because you are a waste of time once they figure out that they will not be able to scare you.

In other cases, who knows, you may piss them off so much , that they might take a strike at you, and that is when you have the legal right to floor them. Certainly, do not go up to them to pick a fight, because that can be another trap that can allow them to sue you. There are real strange people in the world, but ignoring them may free them to predate on someone else, perhaps a child. Face these people head-on if you can, but also use your best judgement.

edit on 16-10-2012 by charlyv because: spelling where caught

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

I wondered that while I was reading

Anyway, I've been doing some thinking since posting my story upthread and it seems we are all victims of a generational social glitch I think. One earlier generation perceives themselves to be friendlier and more hospitable when comparing themselves to the younger generation.

I've worked a lot with the elderly and they mention that very thing a lot "you younger folks...blah blah blah" There were certain social graces which were the norm a few decades ago such as shaking a person's hand on the street, holding doors open for others, making eye contact with strangers, even asking how they were doing today etc. was something that was done a lot when I was younger...now, not so much. Some of those gestures are not used as frequently after times goes by (social manners) and when younger folks see them, maybe are interpreted differently. An example: men are many times taught to "let the lady go first" in a waiting line or open the door and usher her into a building, where as nowdays maybe a younger girl would believe he was "hitting" on her.

I've noticed myself how we were taught heavily to make eye contact with other drivers, but in my opinion at least I don't get eye contact much from younger drivers. In my case as well, I did not want to be rude to an adult. It was something you got punished for. Even though I know what we're talking about is somewhat different, it's just something that came to mind in how we interact with each other randomly out in society. Seems the more people we have on the earth, the less hospitable we are to one another.

People who inject themselves into my life on first meeting have always sort of freaked me out. I'm a bit of a loner so that's always a sure sign of a person who is never gonna leave me alone once they pry themselves in

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Ive heard in some Buddhist teachings about human beings carrying different "weight" within their souls and these individuals can become astonishing and even frightening to most ordinary people. Many of them have a piercing type of countenance without really trying. Not to say the OP is ordinary but this guy may have just been a real intense "weighty" being who had a bad day and was effing with him.
edit on 17-10-2012 by kronos11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I don't know why so many people are trolling this thread. It's a natural reaction to an unsure, threatening, or other situation that you aren't comfortable with.

Read a book called 'Penetration' by Ingo Swann. There's a chapter in there where he explains a certain instance where he was within an uncomfortable proximity to a 'person' he'd never seen before. Later he found that this 'person' wasn't a 'person.'

Igno Swann is the man credited for developing remote viewing and is a highly accredited professional in most any sense.

I'd say, you MAY have come into contact with a very rare "person." Who knows though, but don't feed the trolls. ATS is crawling with them these days.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Yes,on Monday afternoon,actualy,and i can Not even recall ever getting this threatening a vibe/energy off any one,not even satanists and a murderer.I have met people that have been into the dark side of the occult and satanism,and i used to be employed by a man who was the accused in a long-running murder case in my country abt 20 years ago,a "hit",i later heard this man fled the country.Also every conceivable type of druggie,alkie,sociopath and "weirdo"..ive been assaulted and beaten in my life,and not even from my attackers did i ever get a vibe This threatening-so its big WTF is Wrong with this person? A guy ive never seen in my 9yrs in the town i live-an employee at a shop where my spouse had to get a specific product.He would have been noticed by me,as he has a slightly "edgy" look not seen so often in this town,but its not his appearance.Im normaly happy to see some one slightly out of the ordinary,i Celebrate individualism and "weirdness" in people,its what makes the human race so special and infinitely precious,our individual personal quirks and quarlies:-)
But this man,who was standing outside his place of employ(he just started there,and he's definitely from elsewhere,not local )just gave me the heebie jeebies from the second i saw him.My two youngest kids and i were coming outa the neighbouring shop,and there he was,standing close to our car,and Staring at us,from behind black sunglasses,and i mean STARING,actualy turning himself to look.I felt an extremely menacing,intruding energy.My daughter giggled and said:" Mom you were rude! He said hello and you ignored him!" Well i honestly didnt notice,i was so busy "blocking" myself and my kids,though i probly wouldve given him at least a nod,if i had noticed.That was nasty..it was like an "invasive" feel,and just very threatening in general.He kept watching us till we drove off.My spouse,who was in the shop,said he came across as ok..but i disagree.Something is "off" as all hell with that one.Just knowing he's living in the town now,dont sit well with me,its that bad a feel.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Imagine if the guy had been stationed at a TSA checkpoint! He'd be groping you all over and over, yeeeeee!

You should start a posse, an unwelcoming posse, so you can sleep better. 'not in MY town' as a possible placard.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 17-10-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I've been following the thread and I don't think anyone has mentioned that it may not have been that guy who caused the uneasiness at all. There may have been other reasons for the uneasiness that were just as telling to the OP and he merely noticed the guy in the mustang due to those feelings.

Perhaps there was something he needed to be aware of and did need to "get out of there" and the old guy in the mustang was just being used by some other...we'll go with "force"... to encourage him to go.

I kind of sit on the fence on the paranormal stuff, maybe lean to the side of not believing it, but humoring that other side of me for a moment, perhaps there was going to be a massive accident or something else if the OP hadn't left when he did. A matter of a few short seconds or minute that would have turned out in an entirely different way and it was easier to unnerve him and have him leave a minute or so before he would have and it prevented it completely.

I do admit I enjoyed the "Final Destination" movies and perhaps this was one of the signs they talk about in them where something could go extremely wrong and that was one of those signs leading up to it. When the OP left suddenly, the chain was broken and didn't happen.

Just throwing that out there.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
This has made me think a little. There are even people online that give me a strange feeling of them being "evil" just by the way they post. ...not anybody here, just ran across one earlier and proceeded to avoid them. I guess anytime there is "communication" whether it be a conversation, just physical proximity or even a posting on a message board, we are attuned to notice it and to know to put as much distance as possible betwee ourselves and that person.

Your post has got me thinking, I don't ever recall anyone online every giving me that kind of feeling.
It is a very interesting observation you made though.

Anyone else here ever get bad vibes about a poster regardless of what site you are reading?

Thanks for adding to the mix here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Ok here's a confession.

When I was about 12 years old (and a shy, quiet, nerdy kid), I came into contact with a possible paedophile and abuser.

To cut a long story short I was walking home from a friend's house and was approached by a thirty odd year old, handsome, well dressed, innocent looking guy (nothing like the stereotype, this guy just looked.... normal) and he asked for directions to a bowling alley (which was on my way home).

I gave him the directions and thought nothing of it. Then he asked me if I was walking that way and asked if it was cool if he could walk with me?

Then I looked in his eyes and found something about him was very off and disconcerting. Something distant yet also threatening and edgy yet not with any obvious malicious intent, more like an accidental glimpse at something that lay rooted inside him. Unfortunately, I was very young and stupid and scared and stupidly accepted his offer to walk with me.

Then he offered to give me some free vouchers if I'd come and drink some coca cola with him (hideously stupid I know) and yet I agreed (through fear) and went inside the bowling alley and he went and bought me a drink from the bar. As I was sat at the table, a million thoughts ran through my head - I'd heard of these people before, child abusers and creeps and it slowly dawned on me what was happening. I was being groomed.

Anyway, as he was at the bar, I decided I would plan an escape, but he kept STARING back at me from the bar as he queued up to get me a drink and to be absolutely honest with you, I felt like stone, rooted to the spot, unable to even think properly. I could have easily ran away, he was more than twenty feet away, i could have gone to the staff and said something or ran and hid outside or anything else. But I didn't.

I allowed him to come back with a glass of coke and he put it in front of me and started asking me questions. Where do I live? Am I still at school? What was my favourite subject?

The he asked me If I wanted to meet him next weekend and 'show him around town'. This broke the spell a little, as I used it as an excuse to leave. I told him yes I would happily show him around town next week, no problem. But I couldn't stay here and I needed to go.

His eyes changed. He stared at me. Looking through me.

And some little tiny bit of strength forced me to leave my chair and thank him for the drink and walk away. He followed me and asked me where I would like to meet him next week? I told him I would meet him outside the town hall and that I promised to go there.

He offered me ten pounds 'for the bus' and told me he'd treat me to some things when I met him next weekend. I refused the money and walked away from him as fast as I could. He followed me for a good twenty seconds until I went onto the main road and RAN around the corner, bursting into tears and adrenaline and shock and FLED home and did not leave my house for two days.

So yes, OP, I know how it feels. Your case is different to mine in the sense that I was a child confronted by an adult - yet the horror/ creepiness and feelings are probably the same.

I grew up that day.

Excellent post and I appreciate you relating it for us here, quite a few posters here are telling their stories that make mine look trivial.

You are not the first poster that I feel is very lucky to be even posting on this thread.

Question for you If I may?
Have you ever had that feeling again, I mean a sure dreadful feeling?

Thanks for your input.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tetrarch42
reply to post by Iwinder

Well, it was an interesting story. but what's a third eye and what does it have to do with the Pineal Gland, there's a good understanding of what the Pineal Gland does, and it doesn't involve ESP.

I recommend you do a search right here at ATS for that topic there are many threads on the topic, its very interesting stuff if you don't mind some serious reading.

Start in the Philosophy and Metaphysics Forum if you care to, I just did a search and there were pages of threads on the topic.

I hope this helps you with your question.

Thanks for asking and posting.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arielmoon
I love how all the big tuffies say they would have confronted the guy. They are the type that die first. Follow your instinct, that's why you have one.

I certainly did follow mine and without hesitation, it does not bother me that some posters are saying you should have confronted the guy.

I probably would have said the same thing two weeks ago, things happen and change your outlook.

What I am trying to say is I don't believe what occurred is a common event, it was my first time experiencing this and the last I hope.

Thanks for the kind post.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Great post and I would have possibly approached this guy if it were not for the bad vibes and alarm bells going off in my mind.

I dealt my share of bullies, drunks, just plain idiots many many times. Not once up until now have I ever had a feeling like this.

Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join