It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a person ever spooked you so bad you just want to get away from them by any means possible?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Ok I get where you're coming from, but I don't think I have ever had a random feeling like that. Maybe you avoided a psychopath that was about to dump a body?? You never Know, but as my mother always said, "It's better to be safe than sorry".

Always go with your gut.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Thanks for your great addition to the thread, your story was too long to quote but never mind that it was fantastic.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serenity777
You allowed your energy to be absorbed by your own fear and weakness.

This stuff is all par for the course for someone who is awakening. Watch the movie "Inception." It MIGHT explain to you the reason why people do things like what you experienced. Nonetheless, the minute you give over into fear though, they win and get all the energy they need from you.

Quite possibly you are correct, we installed an RO water filter system about 2 years ago and therefore have been fluoride free as far as our water goes.

Thanks for your post and thoughts.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire

Originally posted by Iwinder
There is a car wash on site at the gas station, also I would remember this car if it was a neighbous boyfriend because it was a very nice newer mustang and cars like that don't go unnoticed by me.

Thanks for adding to the thread
Regards, Iwinder

In that case, I would definitely keep an eye out for suspicious activity. Watch for any following vehicles and if possible, don't take the same route out of habit while driving or walking for a while. Might even be wise to get a dash cam, front and back just to observe any suspicious activity you may have missed in real time. I'm not saying go all crazy and drive yourself nuts, just be safe and prepared.

I will take your advice to heart here, I hate to say this but I am almost positive that if this guy starts lurking in our neighbourhood I will sense him for lack of a better word.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bangoli

Please do start that thread, your story is very compelling but at the same time it sounds dangerous too.
Just be careful in how much information you post on your thread, you do not want someone finding you just because of your post/thread.

Thanks so much for adding to the mix here and it was a very captivating story.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

Great post and I hope to heck you run into that guy somewhere sometime.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Has a person ever spooked you so bad you just want to get away from them by any means possible?,

I tend to have that effect on people.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
As always, go with your instinct, if you feel threatened then do whatever you need to get away from that person. I firmly believe there are people who can 'read' a person, I've always felt I've had the 'ability' to do that, to meet a person for the first time and somehow know about them after 2 mins or less, normally the bad or odd people.

Not from what they say but how they act and what sort of vibes they give off. I actually get a sort of mini movie of them doing stuff that is wrong ie I actually met a person at a friends house and straight away I felt the feeling of her hitting children, turns out that's exactly what she had been doing and had her kids taken off her soon after, I'd said to my mate what I thought at the house that day and he rang me up asking how I knew?

I have no clue how I knew..Lucky guess??

If it feels wrong then the chances are it IS wrong and its not worth the chance to test what you think.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)
This was no vision like you experienced but like you I seem to be able to judge people lickity split and I don't ever recall being wrong to the point I regretted it.

This time around I will never know if I was right or wrong but I am very happy with my decision to vacate the area right away.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
not encountered anyone / anything yet in this world that has scared me ... seen a few that raised my alertness ... usually seems I end up spooking people - rather ironic as am a physician but from practicing iajutsu since childhood ... time spent in war zones / disaster areas treating patients I cultivated zanshin ( relaxed alertness rough translation ) and am always aware of who and what is around me at all times... in most cases I tend to spook westerners more than asians as alot here in asia have the same sense from practicing martial arts - more so the combat forms rather than the sports / western forms ... in most cases I shrug off the reactions and go about my business ... its possible the old guy you met may have studied one of the martial arts.. or been a vietnam vet... vietnam left its mark on alot of us and that tends to unnerve people as well... hope making sense my english is rusty and things dont always translate well...

I thank you for your adding your expertize and thought to the thread, you certainly got me thinking on the vet issue here and in Canada he would have to be an expat from the USA......I am not sure on that so anybody here reading please correct me if you please.

Thanks for your post
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by Iwinder

"Has a person ever spooked you so bad you just want to get away from them by any means possible?"

Yes. But not in the way I've heard with regard to those stories about the so-called "black-eyed kids". I haven't even bothered to read your OP, so maybe that's where you're going with this. Rude of me I know. Just wanted to get my thoughts out before I lose track.

So... yes, I've run into people that set off the HUGE RED FLAG light in my pea-brain. But those BEK's... too freaky. If you haven't heard of the legends concerning them, there's even a Wikipedia entry. I've never run into them myself. And that is a good thing considering what I've readout them online.

Thanks for your post and Yes I have heard of the BEK's and read numerous threads on them here, this was not like that at all.

In my opinion only I think I picked up on this guys bad vibes and I don't have any idea why at all.

I previously posted in the thread I have dealt with death threats and such at my work place but nothing and I mean nothing ever put my hairs/hackles up like this guy did.

Size wise I could beat him to a pulp in seconds if I was enraged by him, mentally I told myself to get the heck out of there.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by Iwinder

OK. Now I've read the OP... um, OP. And that's too freaky. I would have flown down the road as well.

edit on 10/16/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

It was freaky and I apologize for not seeing this post but I am going through the replies one by one and answering any questions and making comments.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Originally posted by boncho
This is pretty strange cause my grandpa was just telling me a story how he filled up his Mustang after a cross country drive the other day, and some weirdo was staring him and his car down while filling his pick up. He said he felt threatened so he gave the guy cut eye to try and prevent him from stealing his car, (cause he said that's what it looked like the guy was thinking...)

Anyway...

You know how it is, two sides to every story.

Hilarious reply boncho!

All or most incivility arises from a simple misunderstanding born of competing or differing paradigms or points of view at variance with one another.

I'm just glad no one got into a fight or got killed over it!

edit on 16-10-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
Yep...met quite a few wacked out people over the years unfortunately.
First at high school.
I had a rule of thumb when getting into confrontations with guys...if i thought it would be a regular fight..where a few punches or kicks get thrown Id take my chances...but if I though the guy would literally jump up and down on my scull id back down.
well...I always judged this by looking into a guys eyes...and with "normal" people you see normal facial expressions..when under duress...like when your about to fight them...like anger...or fear...you can just see it written on their face...and in their eyes...so at least you know your dealing with someone normal..
But these other guys..real sociopaths...well they show no sign of fear...what so ever...they dont even sound concerned when threatening you...they speak in a calm relaxed tone when saying things like "im going to kill you"..they may as well be ordering ice cream....
But the clincher is their eyes...its like there are no reflections or highlights in them...just empty of life.
thing is...the few guys i really avoided who had this eye thing going on...were not guys with reputations for being tuff...I fought bigger guys with bigger reps...but id back down to these guys with the dead eyes...

turns out i made the right move...nobody else in school could understand why i chickened out...but a few years later...one of these loony tunes...tried to cut a guys throat for a minor infraction ironically at a gas station)...he ended up in prison on attempted murder charge. And the other guy did something similar...also went to the big house.

Then at college....A big guy who nobody knew from any of their prior schools, joined the class...Big and scary...had them same eyes...and would stare at people in class....scared the 5h17 put of me...and everyone else...This guy looked like someone who would kill you in a second..for little or no reason....
so...one day he is assigned to sit at my table...to do a joint project...his name was Allen..now i recall...anyhow...Allen..was still scary...even more so now..as i had to sit next to him...and he didn't talk other than one word answers...just stared...so...i talked ...introduced myslef and made a few jokes...even a couple at his expense..for being a scary b457ard...

Guess what...it worked...the guy though i was great...and after than made a beeline to hang out with me ...all the time...witch was a bit annoying...but a lot better than being intimidated by him...evidently he had no idea how he was coming off to people...anyhow im guessing he probably went on to murder a few people hahah...but i wasnt one of them anyhow haha.

edit on 16-10-2012 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

Great input into the thread and I thank you for this.

Iv'e known guys that are huge and dangerous too, I am talking bouncers with no time to tell you twice.
I have been refused entry into bars because of either my drunkenness or my clothing I am wearing and never once did one of these big guys put the fear of god into me as this guy at the gas station did.

Working a good part of my life in the selling of alcohol I know bad when I see it and I saw it for sure that day at the gas station.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 16-10-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Iwinder

Originally posted by boncho
This is pretty strange cause my grandpa was just telling me a story how he filled up his Mustang after a cross country drive the other day, and some weirdo was staring him and his car down while filling his pick up. He said he felt threatened so he gave the guy cut eye to try and prevent him from stealing his car, (cause he said that's what it looked like the guy was thinking...)

Anyway...

You know how it is, two sides to every story.

Hilarious resply boncho!

All or most incivility arises from a simple misunderstanding born of competing or different paradigms or point of view at variance with one another.

I'm just glad no one got into a fight or got killed over it.

There was no chance of a fight, I was too busy planning my exit as soon as possible.
I will add that there was no chance of a "misunderstanding" whatsoever.
I wanted out of his presence and that is just what I did.

Thanks for your addition to this thread and no offense intended in my post.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

The point is that he might have been staring at you because you were starting at him staring at you, and might have been the one to start it by noticing his expensive unwashed car.. add to that that he was a big guy and might have had a weird looking outward persona, and there it is, a recipe for absolute terror.. !

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Interesting story, the guy sounds like he might have been a bit off.........You never mentioned that he alarmed you in any way before the conversation began so I assume all was good until he opened his mouth.

This is the thing here, in my case all my bells and whistles were going full ahead without one word exchanged between us...

Thanks for adding to this thread.
Regards, Iwinder

You are welcome. Thanks for the thanks.

Yea, I don't recall having any weird, scary, creeped out feelings by this guy. When he said what he said I was completely shocked. He said it in such a normal, calm voice.it made it even more shocking.

I know I have some other incidents with people who weirded me out but I can't recall any. If I remember one I'll post it.

I don't like being stared at either.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So you got scared because a guy was looking at you?

Carry some pepperspray on you. It costs less than $10 and makes me feel confident in the worst parts of Anaheim. Lots of people try to intimidate you nowadays especially if you roll up in a Mercedes.

I get called names, targeted out, people watching me, mostly scum though. These are the kind of people who I fear in a SHTF. They are gangsters who love to abuse power. Most of which are of Hispanic descent. The whites are all to skinny and meth'd out be of threat. Its the Carlardos that you have to fear packing heat or flashbangourangatangs. Im baked again.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
not much happens in Morehead Kentucky, so I don't have much need for pepper spray ... of course everyone has a shotgun in their pickup truck window anyway, but that's more for animals than people

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Iwinder

The point is that he might have been staring at you because you were starting at him staring at you, and might have been the one to start it by noticing his expensive unwashed car.. add to that that he was a big guy and might have had a weird looking outward persona, and there it is, a recipe for absolute terror.. !

You got it backwards, I am a big guy and this guy with the mustang was quite small compared to me, that didn't change things in the least.
Unless you are saying that he is thinking that me(big guy is staring at him) is that what you meant?
Can you understand that?
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 16-10-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Hello everybody, I had the most un-nerving experience last week and it has bothered me to the point I thought I would post a thread and see what others have to say.

First a bit about myself, I am in my early 50's and about 6'1" tall and weigh about 185 pounds.
I worked in the Brewery retail business for over 20 years and have seen a lot of iffy people.
Before that I worked as a porter at a very well known Holiday Inn and there I saw it all as well and then some.

So what I am trying to convey here is that I know people and I can judge trouble a mile away due to my work experience.

Here is my story, I went to a gas station last week to fill up my truck which was on fumes due to running injector cleaner through the gas.

Now this truck takes 100 Liters so I am in for a long fill up at the self serve pump.

I pull into my regular station and start pumping my gas, the guy infront of me at another pump leaves and this newer but very dirty Mustang Boss Cobra? Pulls up to the pump just vacated.

All is good so far and I am thinking to myself who drives an expensive car like that and does not bother to wash it?

The driver gets out and seems to be around 62 or so years old, not a big guy and not bulky either.

I'd guess about 5'6" and about 125 pounds.
This is where it gets weird, this station you can only pull in from one direction and leave from the other so everyone is looking at the exit when they pump their gas.

Just what I am doing, this guy puts the nozzle in his tank and just stares at me........I mean stares with no blinking.

So I look left and right for a distraction but there is none and now my arm hairs are starting to rise up.

Next I try to stare him down and I last maybe 20 seconds if that and I am spooked right out of my stare.

I finally stopped pumping gas at 20 litres, and said to myself this guy is bad bad bad.

I felt like death was imminent and was only seconds away, so I hang the pump up and don't wait for the receipt.
Put the gas cap on and proceed to exit as smooth as my nerves will let me.

As I drive around his car I am checking him in my mirrors and he pivots like a robot to keep his eyes on me as I drive past and he pumps gas.

I hit the road and when out of his sight I went at least 90 kilometers in a 50 zone, took many side streets and then headed home.

I actually had a sweat going and when the wife got home I related all to her and the first thing she said was my third eye is working correctly.
(pineal gland)

Has anyone else here been sure as sure that death or serious consequences are imminent from meeting a total stranger, and you are so sure of it there is no question?

I cannot rationalize my fear of this guy to myself at all, and no I have no mental health issues nor have I every been treated for any.

Mods I figure this was the right Forum for this but move it or delete as you please.

Looking forward to any posts to this thread.

Regards, Iwinder

edit on 14-10-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

Should have smiled and said hi. Bitched about the cost of the fill up. I'm just saying try to be friendly. Most people ain't got a body in the trunk, and looking to kill someone else. Of course, just your luck, you'd run into the one guy who was.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join