It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a person ever spooked you so bad you just want to get away from them by any means possible?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by shockedonlooker

Wow and then some, you are so fortunate to be here posting on this thread, I hope lots of readers read your post because it is one frightening post.

Thanks so much for sharing that story.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
You just met a person like me, well sort of, I'm often told I look like I'm about to kill but its just how my face hangs if you will.

Since I was in my 30's people have mentioned that I look very threatening but I'm nothing of the sort if you know me, I'm an old softy cat lover, have a lovely wife and daughter and although I can look after myself and am 6" 1 I'm no thug, in fact anything but, I'm the person who gives up my seat on buses, helps old ladies etc.( I do smile sometimes, can't be scaring the old folk)

I think it started from having lived in awful estates all my life, any sign of weakness gets you unwanted attention in those places so you tend to give that don't mess with me stare, I guess it just stuck. My wife even went to one of those fortune tellers and she told her I was the devil despite me not being with her.

So I think you just met a fellow frightener

And yes, I've ran into them myself.....Makes you uneasy..

Really good information and its nice to hear from the other side of the issue if you will.

Thing is I can handle a stare and have done so thousands of times in my life, but never ever did somebody make me recoil with fear for no obvious reason that I can tell.

Thanks for adding to the mix here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bangoli
reply to post by Iwinder

I have felt that feeling before, many many times. There are two sides to every story, however, sometimes bad things do happen with people. I have many personal stories of this type. At the time these things were badbadbad but they taught me to TRUST my intuition and not doubt myself. Trusting my intuition has now saved my life countless times. I haven't had the time to start my own thread about this, but I have been wanting to for a long time. Regardless if this man was out to hurt you, leaving was a good thing. It is best to err on the side of caution when a fellow human being (maybe not completely human) makes your hair stand on end by looking at you.

Good stuff and I am looking forward reading your thread when you get it posted.

I definitely trusted my intuition on this one and have no regrets, actually I am very glad I did trust it.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by U4ea82
reply to post by Iwinder

Whether or not you have a reason for being frightened you need to trust your gut in situations like these. If your instincts are telling you something is off, then they are probably right. In any case, better safe than sorry.

I could not agree more with you and thanks for posting

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Ya that's weird. That happened to me. It wasn't long ago either. To make a long story short, I'm nearly positive I met my first psychopathic killer. Like I thought I was gonna be killed. When I got out of there I was so glad. Just a very very bizzare senario. It got me really thinking that there are VERY EVIL people out there, and I tend to forget that. I tend to think everyone is perfectly safe. No not so. There are killers out there. ouch

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by Iwinder

Ya that's weird. That happened to me. It wasn't long ago either. To make a long story short, I'm nearly positive I met my first psychopathic killer. Like I thought I was gonna be killed. When I got out of there I was so glad. Just a very very bizzare senario. It got me really thinking that there are VERY EVIL people out there, and I tend to forget that. I tend to think everyone is perfectly safe. No not so. There are killers out there. ouch

Agreed and I don't believe I actually thought the guy was a killer, but I do believe my gut told me he was evil, dangerous, bad.......and to get away from his presence quickly.

Thanks for adding to the thread
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Very interesting story, do you ever think about the idea what if you kept going?.....Would you be posting here today if you did?
Maybe it was nothing, Maybe you might not exist today either.....
Excellent post and thanks for sharing it with us.
Regards, Iwinder

Thank you for sharing your story - it sounds really creepy.

Truthfully, no, I have NEVER entertained the "what if we had kept going" thought. To this day I am not curious in the slightest and the only feeling I have is one of great relief that we got out of there.

I can't explain it... There wasn't anyone visibly present with whom to associate the evil presence. We have had similar experiences (not nearly as intense), but they have always been associated with a specific person. My wife and I joke that their demons didn't like our angels...

BTW: I am not some sort of cowardly momma's boy. I have unhesitatingly jumped into both verbal and physical fights to protect my wife and would do so again in a heartbeat. However, it was clear that this presence represented something that was impossible to win against... It was just a "sixth sense" kind of a thing.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You allowed your energy to be absorbed by your own fear and weakness.

This stuff is all par for the course for someone who is awakening. Watch the movie "Inception." It MIGHT explain to you the reason why people do things like what you experienced. Nonetheless, the minute you give over into fear though, they win and get all the energy they need from you.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
There is a car wash on site at the gas station, also I would remember this car if it was a neighbous boyfriend because it was a very nice newer mustang and cars like that don't go unnoticed by me.

Thanks for adding to the thread
Regards, Iwinder

In that case, I would definitely keep an eye out for suspicious activity. Watch for any following vehicles and if possible, don't take the same route out of habit while driving or walking for a while. Might even be wise to get a dash cam, front and back just to observe any suspicious activity you may have missed in real time. I'm not saying go all crazy and drive yourself nuts, just be safe and prepared.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Thanks for this thread, OP!

Several years ago I had a date with a man who, I pray, I will never see again. We had met on an online gay dating site, and agreed to a date after weeks of conversation. Online, he seemed like a nice, normal, down-to-earth kind of guy. In person, however, was an entirely different story.

When I arrived at his apartment to pick him up for our date, I got a very uneasy feeling as he got in my car. I ignored it and tried to write it off as first date nervousness. However, as the date went on, the feeling would not go away. Every time I made eye contact with him over dinner I got an overwhelming urge to run. This was "fight or flight" at a level I had never experienced. I could barely eat, and spent most of the time at the restaurant just moving my food around on my plate because I was afraid I would be sick if I ate anything.

After dinner we got back in my car and he invited me to his place to watch a movie. I agreed, but only because I saw this as an opportunity to leave. When I arrived back at his place, I told him that I wasn't feeling well and would like to go home. He professed that, since I lived an hour away, I should stay at his place if I was sick. I was sweating, shaking, and terrified to spend another minute with him. There was nothing about his outward appearance that gave off anything other than "30 year-old professional gay man." But, something about the way he moved, the way he looked at me, or just the energy he gave off made me panic.

He got out of the car, continuing to state that I needed to come inside. But, I insisted that I needed to leave. His eyes, in that moment, are what convinced me I had made the right decision. There was something there, something malevolent in the way he looked at me. It was a look that hadn't been there the rest of the night, but now that I was leaving was present.

I got in my car and quickly pulled out of his apartment complex. To this day, I think I escaped something terrible in that moment. What it was, I couldn't say. But, I have no doubt that the evening would have gone very, very badly for me if I had stayed.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koros
Thanks for this thread, OP!

Several years ago I had a date with a man who, I pray, I will never see again. We had met on an online gay dating site, and agreed to a date after weeks of conversation. Online, he seemed like a nice, normal, down-to-earth kind of guy. In person, however, was an entirely different story.

When I arrived at his apartment to pick him up for our date, I got a very uneasy feeling as he got in my car. I ignored it and tried to write it off as first date nervousness. However, as the date went on, the feeling would not go away. Every time I made eye contact with him over dinner I got an overwhelming urge to run. This was "fight or flight" at a level I had never experienced. I could barely eat, and spent most of the time at the restaurant just moving my food around on my plate because I was afraid I would be sick if I ate anything.

After dinner we got back in my car and he invited me to his place to watch a movie. I agreed, but only because I saw this as an opportunity to leave. When I arrived back at his place, I told him that I wasn't feeling well and would like to go home. He professed that, since I lived an hour away, I should stay at his place if I was sick. I was sweating, shaking, and terrified to spend another minute with him. There was nothing about his outward appearance that gave off anything other than "30 year-old professional gay man." But, something about the way he moved, the way he looked at me, or just the energy he gave off made me panic.

He got out of the car, continuing to state that I needed to come inside. But, I insisted that I needed to leave. His eyes, in that moment, are what convinced me I had made the right decision. There was something there, something malevolent in the way he looked at me. It was a look that hadn't been there the rest of the night, but now that I was leaving was present.

I got in my car and quickly pulled out of his apartment complex. To this day, I think I escaped something terrible in that moment. What it was, I couldn't say. But, I have no doubt that the evening would have gone very, very badly for me if I had stayed.

Nice post and to me it looks like you made the proper decision,
Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I plan on starting a thread on this sort of thing; maybe not exactly the same thing, but I want to relate my life experiences pertaining to others which either did me harm and I got away, or which I felt had bad intentions and later I found out why they made me feel so anxious and ill. Earlier I alluded to trusting my gut and not second guessing myself and that those things have saved my life. I want to give an example. Here is one instance that I can share without having to start another thread:
In 2002 I met the man who would be my child's father. I won't go into TOO many details about our relationship here, I will say that we were very attracted to each other and that our relationship was very rocky. We were constantly breaking up and reuniting. There were many things that attracted me to him, and also many that completely repelled me. I think the relationship lasted as long as it did out of sheer morbid curiosity. I really can't find the words to explain why we kept getting back together. He was a very magnetic person; instantly likeable with a very good sense of humor. He was also very controlling,jealous, and at times he behaved like a complete lunatic. He would call numbers on my phone he didn't recognize and threaten people to stay away from me. ----ANYWAY---- We both loved to go ice fishing and would bring friends or family members along. It was always a good time.

Once he brought a cousin of his. When we were introduced I could feel an un-hinged quality about him. There was something absolutely lethal just beneath the surface. I didn't feel as though he was directing this energy towards me personally; I just felt that he was bad news for anyone involved---that he was a literal ticking time bomb. Although he was married he made multiple passes at me. I wasn't attracted to him in any way whatsoever and would good naturedly give him the brushoff. It got so that he came along every time we went fishing and the passes got to be too much. I told my then boyfriend about it and he actually accused ME of trying to screw his cousin! After that I tried to avoid this cousin of his as much as possible. (But I couldn't end the relationship with my boyfriend no matter how hard I tried. At least not permanently.We would both suffer horrible depression when we were apart, and seeing each other again was the only thing that alleviated it.)

The years went by and I would see his cousin at family gatherings and he always gave me that same feeling. Anxious,ill, and lethal. He was a friendly person with a good sense of humor and was very well liked by most people. Then during the summer of 2008 my boyfriend and now father of my child asked me if I would purchase a handgun for him. He already owned multiple shotguns for hunting. I couldn't understand why he didn't want to purchase the gun himself. I flatly refused. He kept pestering me. I would not budge an inch. All of a sudden he stopped talking about it and never mentioned it again. Giving birth to my child had completely changed my life and my priorities. The baby was now number one above everything else. The time for fun and games with my boyfriend was OVER as far as I was concerned. If he couldn't deal with that, I decided I would leave him for good no matter how depressed I got; which is exactly what I did. Leaving that relationship took a lot of strength I didn't know I had. I was scared, broke, and alone with no one to help me with the baby.

It was during this time (about a month or so after I left him) that there was a big story in the news about the murder of a teenaged girl.
When I heard her name my blood ran cold. Though we were only acquaintances I had found her very kindhearted and sweet. My blood ran cold because in addition to knowing her, I also knew her boyfriend. He was my ex-boyfriend's cousin. Before they even mentioned his name I knew he had killed her or been involved in some way. I also thought back to my ex asking me to buy a handgun. I strongly believe that my ex was involved in this murder. There was a problem with the bullet trajectory, and SOMEone, though the police didn't know for sure, had given my exe's cousin a ride home from the scene. I believe this someone to be my ex, and that he may have been the shooter, though I will never know. The victims name was Kelly Dahm. Christopher Ledesma was her murderer. He was sentenced to 35 yrs. in prison. Looking back I think that I was destined to have a child and that this is (one of) the only reasons we were together so long. I can now see that my ex was/is just as dangerous as his cousin, but I ignored/buried my bad feelings while emphasizing the good. During the time we were together I would have nightmares and wake up crying sometimes without knowing why. I think it was a result of me burying my feelings. I no longer woke up crying after I left him.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I agree with your wife
Your third eye is fine.

ALWAYS trust your instincts. Its easy to tell when someone is meneacing in some way. So you felt that way because of something.

Of course some people are totally blocked to that instinct/intuition.
Work on it. It-s all about energy.

I never had a bad experience really. I just know though how people are if they are near. I feel the energy.
I also noticed how a lot of people don-t like you looking them in the eye. It makes them feel uncomfortable, I noticed is usually either really insecure people or sneaky/filthy ones.

I only got robbed once on the street and by a motorcycle- and it came from behind me, coward, so I couldnt see the man really. So I started running after it like crazy and shouting at him, so he turned around and gave me that quirky smile- kind of- .Damn!, I was so angry.
I wanted to kill him.. And despite he was wearing a helmet, I saw his eyes and mouth perfectly- so I realized instantly it was some idiot I had seen before the same day on the motorcyle as well and whom I thought to myself, he was an idiot.
I would recognize him anytime.

so i went out again to the same place the next days, to find him haha... Yeah now is funny., Hehe.
I just was so #ing angry...

It took me some days to -let it go- but you know, him stealing me at that time, was a awesome. Because it marked a dead end point for me, and was the universe sending me like a huge sign- to open my eyes to some # in my life going on. so yes. It wasnt about what he stole from me, but what was happening with it and what was going in my life. So Im glad for it now

Hey the universe is so wise, it works in miraculous ways!

One always need trust the insticts. Definitely!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
As always, go with your instinct, if you feel threatened then do whatever you need to get away from that person. I firmly believe there are people who can 'read' a person, I've always felt I've had the 'ability' to do that, to meet a person for the first time and somehow know about them after 2 mins or less, normally the bad or odd people.

Not from what they say but how they act and what sort of vibes they give off. I actually get a sort of mini movie of them doing stuff that is wrong ie I actually met a person at a friends house and straight away I felt the feeling of her hitting children, turns out that's exactly what she had been doing and had her kids taken off her soon after, I'd said to my mate what I thought at the house that day and he rang me up asking how I knew?

I have no clue how I knew..Lucky guess??

If it feels wrong then the chances are it IS wrong and its not worth the chance to test what you think.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
not encountered anyone / anything yet in this world that has scared me ... seen a few that raised my alertness ... usually seems I end up spooking people - rather ironic as am a physician but from practicing iajutsu since childhood ... time spent in war zones / disaster areas treating patients I cultivated zanshin ( relaxed alertness rough translation ) and am always aware of who and what is around me at all times... in most cases I tend to spook westerners more than asians as alot here in asia have the same sense from practicing martial arts - more so the combat forms rather than the sports / western forms ... in most cases I shrug off the reactions and go about my business ... its possible the old guy you met may have studied one of the martial arts.. or been a vietnam vet... vietnam left its mark on alot of us and that tends to unnerve people as well... hope making sense my english is rusty and things dont always translate well...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Maybe you and/or your truck looked like someone that had tagged his old lady (pun intended)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Yes! I know exactly how you felt. Personally I think it's your guardian angel keeping you safe. Whenever you get that feeling you should pay attention.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

"Has a person ever spooked you so bad you just want to get away from them by any means possible?"

Yes. But not in the way I've heard with regard to those stories about the so-called "black-eyed kids". I haven't even bothered to read your OP, so maybe that's where you're going with this. Rude of me I know. Just wanted to get my thoughts out before I lose track.

So... yes, I've run into people that set off the HUGE RED FLAG light in my pea-brain. But those BEK's... too freaky. If you haven't heard of the legends concerning them, there's even a Wikipedia entry. I've never run into them myself. And that is a good thing considering what I've readout them online.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

OK. Now I've read the OP... um, OP. And that's too freaky. I would have flown down the road as well.

edit on 10/16/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Yep...met quite a few wacked out people over the years unfortunately.
First at high school.
I had a rule of thumb when getting into confrontations with guys...if i thought it would be a regular fight..where a few punches or kicks get thrown Id take my chances...but if I though the guy would literally jump up and down on my scull id back down.
well...I always judged this by looking into a guys eyes...and with "normal" people you see normal facial expressions..when under duress...like when your about to fight them...like anger...or fear...you can just see it written on their face...and in their eyes...so at least you know your dealing with someone normal..
But these other guys..real sociopaths...well they show no sign of fear...what so ever...they dont even sound concerned when threatening you...they speak in a calm relaxed tone when saying things like "im going to kill you"..they may as well be ordering ice cream....
But the clincher is their eyes...its like there are no reflections or highlights in them...just empty of life.
thing is...the few guys i really avoided who had this eye thing going on...were not guys with reputations for being tuff...I fought bigger guys with bigger reps...but id back down to these guys with the dead eyes...

turns out i made the right move...nobody else in school could understand why i chickened out...but a few years later...one of these loony tunes...tried to cut a guys throat for a minor infraction ironically at a gas station)...he ended up in prison on attempted murder charge. And the other guy did something similar...also went to the big house.

Then at college....A big guy who nobody knew from any of their prior schools, joined the class...Big and scary...had them same eyes...and would stare at people in class....scared the 5h17 put of me...and everyone else...This guy looked like someone who would kill you in a second..for little or no reason....
so...one day he is assigned to sit at my table...to do a joint project...his name was Allen..now i recall...anyhow...Allen..was still scary...even more so now..as i had to sit next to him...and he didn't talk other than one word answers...just stared...so...i talked ...introduced myslef and made a few jokes...even a couple at his expense..for being a scary b457ard...

Guess what...it worked...the guy though i was great...and after than made a beeline to hang out with me ...all the time...witch was a bit annoying...but a lot better than being intimidated by him...evidently he had no idea how he was coming off to people...anyhow im guessing he probably went on to murder a few people hahah...but i wasnt one of them anyhow haha.

edit on 16-10-2012 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join