It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twilight, chemtrails, infrared and the return of Planet X

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

So, you measured the altitude of a celestial body to within three degrees by using... a lawn chair. Why do navigators waste so much money on sextants, I wonder?

Honestly...I think you're a sport. BUT...astronomy is not your area of expertise. 'A man's gotta know his limitations.' Everybody's got a lawn chair. It's not rocket science. It's just a lawn chair, BUT, it does give a perpendicular view. Why make easy things so complex? I used to do my observing with a clock (analog) and a compass and a landmark. But now, I find that all I need is a lawn chair because the heavens have become so graphic. (And magnetic north is galloping.)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by luxordelphi

Although you claim to be replying to me, you still haven't answered my question: What instrument did you use? If you did not use an instrument, your observation is meaningless. You cannot observe an object at the zenith while standing upright. Unless you are a mutant, your neck is incapable of bending at a ninety degree angle. That is why objects above (around) sixty degrees elevation appear to be "overhead."

I guess you've never heard of lawn chairs. They can be extended and flattened so that they are perpendicular to the zenith (90 degrees or, more commonly - directly overhead.) (I was out waiting for the libration event lol.) I'm asking myself, at this moment, what's wrong with this picture? And I'm answering myself saying that I think I've stumbled into a circus.

So, I'm afraid I have to agree with everyone else: your observations are meaningless without a machined tooled markers to show us that in fact what you are observing is directly overhead or within 2 to 3 degrees.

I've tried being nice, but you reply with sarcasm. While I won't stoop to that level, I'll simply be blunt at this point (and now I know why Phage answers this way........being nice on here never works).....

You have already shown us in other threads that your eyesight can not be trusted (surprise, surprise.....most humans can't, so don't feel alone), including in this thread, where you can not even see that the LOS of one camera is the same.
And before you go on claiming that it still is, I'd like to point out this: NOT ONE PERSON HAS COME HERE TO SUPPORT THAT CLAIM. NOT ONE, SINCE WE HAVE OVERLAYED THE PICTURES.

Two: you have repeatedly shown that when it comes to astronomy your knowledge equates to: diddly squat.

For example, you said:

Why is this significant: The Pleiades, the moon, the sun and zodiac stars all travel within a certain area - the ecliptic - from our earth point of view. At mid-latitudes, like 38 degrees N, they should never appear directly overhead.

This is flat out, completely, totally WRONG.

First, do some reading. Educate yourself on terms, especially if you are going to use them. Maybe in the future, you'll learn to use them correctly:

Ecliptic

Put simply, the ecliptic is the plane of Earth's orbit around the Sun.

The moon has several properties about it. Many of the statistics about the moon have a word proceeding it:

"Mean" aka - "Average". This denotes that values with that word proceeding it are not absolute, but vary.

Orbit Of The Moon
Mean eccentricity 0.0549006 (0.026 – 0.077)
Mean inclination of orbit to ecliptic 5.14° (4.99 – 5.30)
Mean obliquity 6.58°
Mean inclination of lunar equator to ecliptic 1.543°

Pleiades
Right Ascension: 3h 47m 24s
Declination: +24° 7

According to YOU, these two things, and all the stars and the sun, are in the Ecliptic.......a infinite circular plane that the Earth's orbit lays in.........

And that is utter, complete, BS.

If that were true....every thing in the sky would be in a single line on edge to us. Every thing.

If all you an do is sit there and spout on about what your eyes see, and make fantastic claims, with nothing to back it up other than your eyes. Then that is all it is: a fantastic claim, with no proof, from someone who can't see, with absolutely no knowledge in this area. None.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

Lawn chair...lol.

Apple pie and grandma's homemade buttermilk would be non-essential essentials. Added to the lawn chair. (Don't like beer unless it's homemade.) (Oh, except for Moosehead - kind of like that.) (
to the Canadians.) Anyway, the lawnchair would be your first step. Go outside at night; get the lawn chair perpendicular to the sky; observe.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Last night, for me, the moon was within 2-3 degrees of directly overhead.
You are mistaken. Just as you are about the direction in which the Mauna Kea webcam is aimed.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Anyway, the lawnchair would be your first step. Go outside at night; get the lawn chair perpendicular to the sky; observe.

How do you calibrate your lawn chair? I don't have anything as precise as a lawn chair myself. I might be able to rig up a level and framing square though.

I'm around 38 N Lat also, should be interesting what I find. Well, after HAARP finally steers these clouds out of my way. / sarcasm

You sure you're around 38 N Lat?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

How do you calibrate your lawn chair?

lol...well if it doesn't look flat to you I guess you could use a bubble level or, fancier, a laser level. Talk to someone in construction (they're mostly unemployed now so they should have time for you) and they'll tell you how to use these two pieces of equipment. The bubble thing basically has to show the bubble in the middle and the laser level (which is absolutely perfect) just shoots a beam which can be aligned. lol.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Where is it, LD? Where is the rogue planet? I can haz Nibiru?

I can't see it. You can't see it either, but you're claiming all this crazyness going on all over because it approaches.

Come on. Where.....is.......it?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

How do you calibrate your lawn chair?

lol...well if it doesn't look flat to you I guess you could use a bubble level or, fancier, a laser level.

That's what I was afraid of, you're going by what looks flat to you. It appears that your eyesight is accurate but only to within about +/- 22 degrees. You might find something laying around, a loose marble perhaps, that could be used to help level your lawn chair astronomer kit.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

It's behind the Sun, 30 degrees below the Ecliptic and a little beyond Pluto.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You might find something laying around, a loose marble perhaps, that could be used to help level your lawn chair astronomer kit.

I see by your post that you are not familiar with the lawn chair. The construction of the lawn chair precludes the use of a marble in alignment. A lawn chair is something that anyone in the southern U.S. is familiar with. So I'm going to assume that you're not from here. So take the next step into the unknown: lie on the ground (preferrably in a grassy area) and observe the sky. A lawn chair, after all, is just an encumberance. Perpendicular to the sky can be achieved without props.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Second star to the right. Straight on 'till morning.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I see by your post that you are not familiar with the lawn chair.

I seen em on the teevee.

A lawn chair is something that anyone in the southern U.S. is familiar with. So I'm going to assume that you're not from here.

At 38 N Lat I'm no damn yankee. The last time I saw the Moon it was nowhere near directly overhead.

ETA: And yes, that was just a few nights ago.
edit on 30-10-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

At 38 N Lat I'm no damn yankee. The last time I saw the Moon it was nowhere near directly overhead.

Well, slim, got a question: when did you last see the moon?...cause I saw her again last night.

Saint Andrew and His Flag

In 832 AD, a Pictish army under King Angus MacFergus, High King of Alba, along with a force of Scots under Eochaidh, King of Dalriada (and grandfather of Kenneth MacAlpin), was battling a Northumbrian force in Lothian for control of that region. The night before battle, Saint Andrew reportedly appeared to Angus in a vision, and on the field of battle the next day, a saltire, or x-shaped cross, similar to the one that Saint Andrew was crucified on, appeared in the sky, encouraging the Picts and Scots in their fight and causing the Northumbrians to flee the field, after their leader, Athelstan, was killed. The site of the battle was and still is known as Athelstanford, or "the ford of Athelstan". The colours of the flag are supposed to represent the white clouds and the azure colour of the sky.

The Mamas and The Papas-I Saw Her Again (Last Night)

And tThat's all tThere is about tThat.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

And tThat's all tThere is about tThat.

Huh? That was nothing about that.

Maybe you're using the wrong line of sight. Rumor has it around here you can have different lines of sight from the same location looking in the exact same direction.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Oh, hai. Thanks for the info.

Can we get a jpeg of the emeffer?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Can we get a jpeg of the emeffer?

Sure, they're all over the Web, even ATS. All you need is a knack for suspended disbelief or complete ignorance of how cameras work. Those are the chosen ones to whom it is revealed. /sarcasm

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Last night, for me, the moon was within 2-3 degrees of directly overhead.

Determined to within three degrees by what sort of instrument?

Their bionic eyes that can also detect chemtrails, haven't you seen the 6million man or robocop or terminator, all these shows show the technology available to the chemtrail pushers.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Some current (October 31, 2012) web cam footage from Antarctica:

New Zealand Antarctica.October 31 2012 SUNRISE Planet X Red Planet Dwarf Star Nibiru

Here are the webcams - watch the sun rise:

Scott Base Webcams

edit on 31-10-2012 by luxordelphi because: add Scott Base webcam site

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yeah, if I stick a camera behind some glass and point it at my hall light it'll do that too.

Oh noes, my hall light has a rogue brown dwarf!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Some current (October 31, 2012) web cam footage from Antarctica:

New Zealand Antarctica.October 31 2012 SUNRISE Planet X Red Planet Dwarf Star Nibiru

Some of the most outstanding example of lens flares that I have ever seen.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join