It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twilight, chemtrails, infrared and the return of Planet X

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

In this video you'll see the NNW facing web cam from the site you linked. That's the web cam that the video I put up was made from.
Yes it is. I'm glad you realize that it is the same line of sight now. And as can be seen on the website, it is centered on the NE. NNW is at the far left side of the field of view and ENE (where the Moon rises) is at the far right. It is not aimed NW. NW is 315º. See the azimuth numbers on the bottom of the image? Not 315º

www.cfht.hawaii.edu...

His claim, in a nutshell, is that east is west. Who knew?

No. His claim is that the original youtube poster is lying about the direction. "Planet X Nibiru" is the Moon, rising in the east.

Go here. Watch the Sun rise in the "west". Watch the Ursa Major rise in the "west".
www.cfht.hawaii.edu...

edit on 10/17/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus
reply to post by CherubBaby

I took a break from ATS because I figured I'd hit the wall with all the Planet X nonsense. There's only so much you can do with folks dead-set on believing in fairy tales. I thought for sure time would be the great leveller, and Nibiru Truthers would eventually give up since at some point the continual absence of any evidence whatsoever would be debilitating to the movement.

But here you guys are keeping that doom-flame alive. It's oddly comforting, I have to admit. To quote the Dude: "It's down there somewhere, let me take another look."

Keep on keeping on.

welcome back....unfortunately I think your absence created a void instantly filled with even more nibiru wackos.
I think I even saw a thread where someone combined Nibiru and Haarp and chemtrails in one post..

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Do you really think I'm fooled by sleight of hand? It's almost perverse how the internet gets manipulated. That view is the NE view of yesterday. Line of site. Changing the label doesn't change the line of site. What's the big deal anyway? Is it because something is rising in the NW or NNW? Is that why the web cams are off-line or mislabeled.

Don't you want to put up a view from October or September of the moon rising so that we can compare it with the NW view in the video I put up. That doesn't seem to be available on the site either.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
reply to post by Phage

Do you really think I'm fooled by sleight of hand? It's almost perverse how the internet gets manipulated. That view is the NE view of yesterday. Line of site. Changing the label doesn't change the line of site. What's the big deal anyway? Is it because something is rising in the NW or NNW? Is that why the web cams are off-line or mislabeled.

Don't you want to put up a view from October or September of the moon rising so that we can compare it with the NW view in the video I put up. That doesn't seem to be available on the site either.

Here, maybe this will help, and you do not have to take my word for it, you can do this yourself quite easily:

First, the video link:

youtu.be...

That is the link that you provided in your OP.

Now a screen capture from that video, that says the camera is facing NW:

Now, let us use Google Earth and go the the location of the web cam, and then face the direction of the hills that are in the web cam's view:

Scroll over to the right, and look at the compass in the upper right hand corner. As you can see, the compass is pointing to the right of North.......right of North is North East. Not North West.

Again, you do not have to take my word for it, especially if you think I have manipulated anything. You have the link to the video and can do your own screen captures. You can use Google Earth and go to the observatory and see those hills for yourself, and how they exactly match the web cam view. And you can look up and see that the compass is pointing towards the North East. Not the North West as the video claims.

Last, you can download and load up Stellarium, or the virtual star program of your choice, and put in the observatory location, and the dates, for January 4, 5, 6, 7 like the in the video for this year, and change the times (keep in mind that the observatory is over 4,000 meters in altitude so things will appear above the horizon earlier).
And you will see: the moon rising in the North East on those dates.

The person who made the video is very mistaken.......or they lied on purpose to try and get hits for their video, preying on the ignorant.

It's not Nibiru. It's the moon.
edit on 17-10-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by chika98

Even with all the warnings, which should not be needed or required because common sense tells you what lies ahead, people will still behave in their current nature. Something major has to happen before they can feel the desire to really attempt to accept those warnings and do something about them. We don't need outside help to see this, it's not even logically complex, it's a matter of being present, and realizing. So despite all warnings and that they have been given and continue.... ultimately, it's our own responsibility.

And Amen to that but still if I feel like a change in behavior could avert the worst...I'm going to try and say what I think. And I think we're in twilight and so there's still a chance...

I feel something around the corner as well, but what you are posting as evidence is really laughable.

Phage has explained in a way a 3rd grader would understand, are you purposely being obtuse?

I cant wait for 2012 can pass so some relief can be felt, but the hole your digging for yourself will eventually get to deep and you will have no way getting out, try seeing thing from a different perspective.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Do you really think I'm fooled by sleight of hand? It's almost perverse how the internet gets manipulated.
Yes, you have been fooled by a youtube poster.

That view is the NE view of yesterday. Line of site. Changing the label doesn't change the line of site.
That's right. It was the line of sight yesterday and it was the same line of sight in January.The line of sight is to the NE, just like it was in January. The view is exactly the same. It is looking in the same direction. Look at the current videos. The Sun rises in the east. The stars rise in the east. The view is to the NE.

Don't you want to put up a view from October or September of the moon rising so that we can compare it with the NW view in the video I put up.
The youtube poster lied. The view in the video you put up is not to the NW, it is to the NE. I gave you a link to videos in which you can see the Sun rise. I gave you a link to videos in which you can see the stars rise. All with the same line of sight. They all rise in the east just like the Moon did in January. In a couple of weeks you will again be able to see the Moon rise.
edit on 10/17/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I appreciate the effort you put into your post. And your avoidance of thread derailing strobes. However, your submission is not helpful and it is misleading. There is no need to go to Google or Stellarium. Take a screen shot of one of the first few frames in the video and then a screen shot around the same time of the NE web cam. Anyone of reasonable intelligence can see that the line of site is different. I had several people look at it just to be sure that I wasn't alone in my observation.

It is true that the startling thing there is to see in the video I put up requires some knowledge of astronomy. That is in poor supply on ATS. Maybe it's in poor supply in the general population - I don't know. But I do know that most people can see a difference in line of site if they're looking for it. It's not really that confusing. Turn off the volume, ignore the graphics and watch the video. Then look at the same time frame on the NE web cam.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Phage has explained in a way a 3rd grader would understand, are you purposely being obtuse?

Phage has cut and pasted and misrepresented and half-represented in his/her usual style of 'the sun is exactly where it should be.' I put up a thread about the twilight of civilization and, within the parameters of chaos theory, how, imo, a cataclysm might be avoided or deflected (so that it wouldn't be so bad) IF human beings behaving badly corrected their behavior. Phage chose to focus on a video and debunk that. I also put up a video debunking the original - the one where the guy says that east is west. He hasn't debunked the video. He's never even addressed the salient points. I don't know if a 3rd grader can understand manipulation - I'm thinking no. So your statement is false. A 3rd grader would not necessarily recognize the cutting and pasting and sleight of hand that goes on here.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The view is exactly the same.

Your inability to observe is not my problem. I'm beginning to suspect that you have never actually debunked anything to do with Planet X. Your continued refusal to address the line of site, the missing NW web cam and your derailing efforts (strobes) are not appreciated. There are few people in this world today that would agree that everything is normal. Arrogance is the stance of the insecure.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Your inability to observe is not my problem. I'm beginning to suspect that you have never actually debunked anything to do with Planet X. Your continued refusal to address the line of site, the missing NW web cam and your derailing efforts (strobes) are not appreciated. There are few people in this world today that would agree that everything is normal. Arrogance is the stance of the insecure.

Speaking of inability to observe, please re-watch the video. In what direction do the shadows move? Away from the camera, toward the rising object, right? Which direction does the Sun set? Work it out.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I appreciate the effort you put into your post. And your avoidance of thread derailing strobes. However, your submission is not helpful and it is misleading. There is no need to go to Google or Stellarium. Take a screen shot of one of the first few frames in the video and then a screen shot around the same time of the NE web cam. Anyone of reasonable intelligence can see that the line of site is different. I had several people look at it just to be sure that I wasn't alone in my observation.

It is true that the startling thing there is to see in the video I put up requires some knowledge of astronomy. That is in poor supply on ATS. Maybe it's in poor supply in the general population - I don't know. But I do know that most people can see a difference in line of site if they're looking for it. It's not really that confusing. Turn off the volume, ignore the graphics and watch the video. Then look at the same time frame on the NE web cam.

You are correct in saying that the lack of knowledge in even basic astronomy (simply knowing the planets in our solar system, and being able to step out, look up in the night sky and at least recognize certain constellations and the names of the brightest stars) is very apparent not only on here at ATS but also the general population, as compared to many decades ago and longer. I guess it is because people are bombarded with more distractions now and have no need for it in today's world.

However, what I find very distressing, is it seems not a lack of knowledge in astronomy, but a lack of knowledge in geographical direction! I think I find that even more disturbing that people can not seem to find North, South, East and West!

The maker of the YouTube video is stating that the web cam is facing North West. That it's Line Of Site is facing that direction (I'm well aware of what LOS is considering the amount of time I've spent not only in astronomy, photography, but also weapons and radar systems in the US Navy).

I used Google Earth to show the hills that lay to the North East of the observatory. The web cam in the video is facing towards those hills. That is it's LOS. It is facing NE, and you have even said so in your above statement.

Even if you do not do this with Google Earth, but rely on the web cam only, you can still tell that it is facing to the North East due to the direction that the shadows move as the sun sets. If it had been looking NW, the shadows would length still, but would have moved TOWARDS the camera. Instead, in the video, the shadows are moving and lengthening AWAY from the camera.

Anyone can go outside and watch the sun set in the west and watch what the shadows do. They'll see that they lengthen towards the east. Not the west.

As the sun sets in the video, you can see the stars come out and move. They are rising up from the horizon in the video and moving towards the top of the view. That again indicates that the web cam's LOS is towards the NE.

The object in the video is the moon. It rose in that position on those dates from the web cam. There is no denying this as a fact. As the moon rises, it appears to get brighter, and it's rising exactly where it is suppose to.

So, the maker of the YouTube video has lied about the direction of the web cam, and that is painfully obvious. It should also be painfully obvious not because you should know astronomy, but simply because you and everyone else should know where north, south, east and west are.

And that is also the point the YouTube video maker is trying to push: that something is rising in the west, when it is very, very obvious that the camera is not facing that direction at all.

This is your thread, and it is in Skunk Works, meaning you can be as speculative as you want with absolutely no proof at all. And if you really, really want to believe that the video is not lying and that the object in it is Nibiru and not the moon, that is your right to believe in that.

But it saddens me quite a bit that people will believe that.

Many have stated that 2012 is not about End Of The World, but Enlightenment. But so far, I've not seen many acting that way. Ignoring what is real, and blindly believing something, to the point where you throw out even your knowledge of where North, South, East and West is, is not enlightenment at all.

It's embracing ignorance so your faith in something is not removed. And again, that saddens me quite a lot.
edit on 18-10-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Take a screen shot of one of the first few frames in the video and then a screen shot around the same time of the NE web cam. Anyone of reasonable intelligence can see that the line of site is different. I had several people look at it just to be sure that I wasn't alone in my observation.

Here you go, as you challenged me to provide a side by side screen shots of both the frame from the YouTube video and from the actual web cam.

First, to show that my screen capture is indeed from the NE (North East) web cam (and when they say "North", "South", "North East", etc, that means what direction it is facing and it's line of site:

As you can see, I have the North East web cam selected, and I have selected a time lapse video from yesterday, then advanced the video to within about 10 minutes of the same time as the YouTube video.

Now let us zoom in and look at the frames side by side:

I've labeled each group of hills as "A", "B" and "C", and as you can see, they are the same hills.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
So could someone please tell me how imaginary chemtrails are being used to possibly hide that which does not exist? Lux seems to think that this might be the case. Or so he says.

Still no proof of this rogue planet. Found (made up) anything new lately, Lux? Maybe you've been fooled by a new video on youtube recently?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

And when they do put up the pics are you willing to admit you were wrong, because as I see it you are willingly advocating what one could say is a HOAX?

As been shown more than once that the web cam is in fact facing NE and not NW,so how is it you still stick by this you tubers word and keep saying it is facing NW?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

And when they do put up the pics are you willing to admit you were wrong, because as I see it you are willingly advocating what one could say is a HOAX?

As been shown more than once that the web cam is in fact facing NE and not NW,so how is it you still stick by this you tubers word and keep saying it is facing NW?

Unfortunately the web cam archives on the site only go back to Oct. 11th, so she'll have to wait to see the moon rise, the best shot for it starts on about the 28th of October. the 30th shows it rising in the same area as the video.

However, right now if you watch the videos you can see Jupiter rising there just fine (will look like a very bright star).

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Here you go, as you challenged me to provide a side by side screen shots of both the frame from the YouTube video and from the actual web cam.

Pretty good, et,...very nice indeed. And in those two side by side stills, one can clearly see that the line of site is different. And that pretty much sums it up for me on all the debunking efforts for this particular video. There is a frame in the original video available at 15:22 hours but it looks essentially the same as this one for what looks like 15:39 hours so the comparison with the web cam at 15:23 hours is graphic enough.

And it's thanking you I am for faithfully and accurately putting that up. (I've always had a lot of trouble putting pictures on this site and the person who usually does it for me is involved in a project and can't be disturbed.)

(p.s.: didn't read your other long post yet so response will be later tonight...lxd.)
edit on 18-10-2012 by luxordelphi because: add p.s.

edit on 18-10-2012 by luxordelphi because: correct spelling

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Those are the same hills. They are NE of the webcam. In order for them to be in the NW the camera would have to be in an entirely different location and would be looking at another side of the hills. It isn't.

In order for the shadows of the observatories (and the mountain itself) to lengthen to the NW the Sun would have to be setting in the SE. It doesn't.

The depth of your confirmation bias is astounding. The youtube poster lied.

edit on 10/18/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I'm shaking my head here. I still can't believe that you are insisting that the LOS in the two different videos is not the same.

let's try again: I took the screen shot from the YouTube video, and layered it on to the NE Web Cam video shot, lower the opacity, and moved it down slightly, so you can compare the hill tops and horizon land scape:

It's an exact match.

The Line Of Site or LOS of both web cam shots are exactly the same and are not different in any way, shape or form.

Again: the YouTube video maker lied.

BTW - anyone else can do what I just did with the screen shots. In other words: no tricks here. No sleight of hand. No CGI. Any one can do it.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Luxordephi --

My question is quite simple:

If you are casting a shadow in front of you at sunset, how could that shadow be in front of you if you are facing Northwest?

If you are facing Northwest at sunset, then the sun would be generally in front of you, and your shadow would be generally behind you -- especially in lower latitudes, such as Hawaii.

The video shows the shadow growing in front of the observatory at sunset. Therefore, the camera must be facing generally East in the video. The video maker says the object shown rising is in the west, but it is impossible for that camera to be facing west (or northwest).

The YouTube uploader is either mistaken or lying. Considering that the Webcam used is CLEARLY marked on the CFHT website as facing Northeast (as seen here: www.cfht.hawaii.edu...), and it would be very difficult to be mistaken...

...I'm going to go with the idea that the YouTube uploader is simply lying.

edit on 10/19/2012 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Speaking of inability to observe, please re-watch the video. In what direction do the shadows move? Away from the camera, toward the rising object, right? Which direction does the Sun set? Work it out.

How many degrees of separation are there between, say, 359 NNW and 1 NNE? And so on... How different are the shadows going to be? Work it out.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join