It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Kangen water benefit the body and cure ailments?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I was at a flea market today and spoke to a Kangen Water representative. I also tasted the water he has available and it did have an excellent flavor. Very pure and clean tasting.
Here is their website: www.enagic.com...

The representative told me about how its higher pH and small water molecules make it easier for the body to absorb and it also helps rid the body of ailments such as arthritis and even cancer! Well, seeing as I suffer from a few ailments and my dog was just diagnosed with bone cancer, I was interested. I know that it's important to keep the body's pH as close to 7.0 as possible and that cancer cells grow in an acidic environment, so I was certainly interested in learning more about the Kangen Water System. I asked him about the reverse osmosis water systems and he did mention that these systems take out the minerals and nutrients that the body needs, while the Kangen system does not. He also stated that the Kangen water contains higher levels of oxygen, too. He also provided me with a brochure that shows how a man with throat cancer with three months to live was cancer free within 14 weeks of drinking Kangen Water. I asked him how much it would be for a small system for two people and he said it would be about $1200.

After coming home and doing some research on the Kangen System, I haven't found anything that completely dispels what this representative was stating.
(The system was originally designed and used in Japan for many years prior to it coming to the US.)

Here are some of the videos I watched.

This title states that the Kangen water myth is exposed, yet the video ends with no conclusive evidence.

This woman also states that she was helped by the water just as the older lady claims in the above video.

Regarding the cancer curing claims:

Another testimonial for Kangen:

Then there's this video that tells you how to make alkaline water at home, but she also states at the beginning that she now uses a system, but doesn't mention what brand.

The only problem I see with making the alkaline water at home is that it's not going to rid the water of fluoride, which is one of my main objectives since I was just diagnosed with osteoporosis and I'm just 34. I've always eaten healthy, so that was quite a blow. Now, discovering that my dog has bone cancer, double whammy. Between the money I'm spending on my meds and my dog's meds, the cost of the Kangen system doesn't seem like such a stretch. The rep said that it doesn't have to stay in the home and can move when and if I do.

So, has anyone in the ATS community used the Kangen system or a comparable system and can tell me for sure if it's going to help my dog and I? I'm really at a loss right now and willing to try anything if it is truly going to help.
Thanks to anyone with valuable input and advice!

edit on 14-10-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2012 by Afterthought because: added Kangen's website

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
In your first video - there is a wording that says Scam Exposed or some such thing. Click on it and watch the videos. Apparently there are better ionizers on the market at a cheaper price.

Second - consider what the doctor said. You are introducing an alkaline water into an environment that is supposed to be acidic (your stomach). How will that affect how you digest your food? Once the alkaline water is mixed with acid in your stomach, what is the ph of what is actually entering your body. Neutral?? Acidic? or is it still alkaline?

Look - if it sounds too good to be true - it probably is.

Tired of Control freaks

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

Very true about what the alkaline water is doing entering an acidic environment, but I use a lot of vinegar and it changes to alkaline once it metabolizes. It's the metabolic process that is key here.
I'd love to find a cheaper system that's as good if not more effective, which is also why I've started this thread. I do realize that there are no quick fixes, but I feel I must do something else to fix what's amiss even with a healthy diet I feel like I could be doing more. There are just too many side effects with the meds and I'm not seeing any side effects with drinking ionized/alkaline water. If someone could simply point out some definitive cons (besides price), I would certainly take those into account.

I appreciate your input and plan on researching this further.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

The representative told me about how its higher pH and small water molecules make it easier for the body to absorb and it also helps rid the body of ailments such as arthritis and even cancer!
reply to post by Afterthought

Oy as soon as I read that sentence I was ready to leave this thread.This guy is a scam artist. Water molecules come in one and only one size. Two hydrogens and one oxygen. There are no other sizes, period. Wow it cures cancer and arthritis to. What a wonder drug, and it's only water. Boy you'd think that the doctors would be all over this. As another poster has said If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.
If you want to waste your money on false claims so be it.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

I didn't understand that part either, but I'm not a chemist or biologist. Maybe it means that there aren't any free radicals attaching themselves to the water molecules? Anyways, this is all very confusing to me and I'm just wanting to understand this better myself. If you watch the other videos, the smaller molecules are also discussed, so I'm still in the land of confusion.

After looking around a bit at water ionizers, this website appears to be really helpful and offers several ionizers plus a free downloadable purchasing guide.
www.h2oionizers.com...

Still researching, but thanks for your input.

One thing I'd like to add is that not everything is too good to be true. I read about the Moringa tree and its benefits and I have been very impressed. I did buy the oil and it does reduce pain and inflammation significantly. I've also started growing the trees and eating the leaves for their vitamins and antioxidants. Since my dog's bone cancer is in his foot and extends just above the knee, I started rubbing the oil on his leg and foot as well as feeding him the leaves and his limp has gone away.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I didn't mean to imply that anything that sounds good won't work. But if somebody made claims like these to me I'd tell them to go away. Things don't attach to water, things dissolve in water and those things are usually ionic in nature. Water molecules only come in one size. There just isn't any other size.

Things like table salt NaCl one sodium and one chlorine. It is an ionic compound and when dissolved in water , it becomes seperated into those ions one sodium and one chlorine, suspended in that water solution. The sodium has a positive charge and the chlorine has a negative charge.
edit on 10/14/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

No, I understand that you aren't saying that nothing is as good as people claim them to be. There are things out there that do work, but there is a lot of disinformation otu there and it's quite a chore sifting through it all. People really do depend on people to simply believe what they're saying without question and not doing their own research. I'm glad I'm not one of those people and I've always questioned everything. So, water molecules never come in different sizes. Too bad molecules aren't like bonsai trees where I can keep a Redwood 18" tall, but I can't shrink water molecules.

Maybe the main key I'm not understanding is how the water is changed/modified when the electricity is run through it?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Here is a link to a google search for you to research. Electrolysis is what happens when you run current through water. The current breaks the water into hydrogen and oxygen, the two componets of water.

electrolysis

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Thank you! That info seems to put it on the elementary level I need to understand the whole picture.

Thanks again for your contributing to the thread and offering valuable info.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

You are most welcome. Glad I was able to help.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
After drinking Kangen water for a while, I felt better, was better hydrated, had better digestion, and generally thought it was a very good thing. After doing the research however, I found several alkaline water machines for about half the cost ($2000 as opposed to Kangens $4000.) Unfortunately with the Kangen you are dealing with multi-level marketing which makes the machine cost twice as much to cover the MLM costs.

However, that being said, I and my family have been drinking that kind of water almost exclusively for about 4 years. While I can't say that I have healed from anything major, since drinking the alkaline, ionized water I rarely get sick and when I do I recover much quicker than I seem to have in the past. Whether it was due to this or not, I was diagnosed with asthma in 2000 and have not required any medications and have been symptom free for as long as I have been drinking the water.

Bottom line, "Kangen" water does benefit the body, but it is not worth the steep price and the MLM buy-in when there are better and cheaper machines on the market.
edit on 14-10-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Thank you so much for offering first hand testimony.

Much appreciated!

As I'm still on the fence about purchasing a system, I just went out and bought some gallons of distilled water and a hulking box of baking soda to try for my dog and I. I did give some to my dog just a little while ago and he drank it as though there wasn't any difference than what he's already used to. I'll give it a week or so and report any changes or if things seem to be staying the same.

Thanks again for contributing and mentioning that you haven't experienced any negative side effects from consuming this water. Best wishes!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

As I'm still on the fence about purchasing a system, I just went out and bought some gallons of distilled water and a hulking box of baking soda to try for my dog and I. I did give some to my dog just a little while ago and he drank it as though there wasn't any difference than what he's already used to.

Interesting. Hadn't thought of going the ghetto route. That method would presumably alkalize the water but would not necessarily structure it (for an idea of what that looks like look at Emoto's geometric water structures vs. the chaotic water structures) or ionize it. Still, I'd be interested to hear about your experiences with that experiment.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I thought I'd log in and offer some updates on what I'm experiencing after drinking alkaline water.

Like I've mentioned, I'm adding a half to two thirds of a teaspoon of baking soda to one gallon of distilled water. I'm amazed so far.

First thing I noticed within a few hours is that I'm producing more saliva and my eyes aren't dry anymore. Due to a medication I've been on for about 10 years that causes me to have dry mouth and eyes, this is a pleasant turn of events. Second thing I noticed is my increased energy level. On Tuesday morning around 4am, my dog woke me up to go outside and I noticed right away that I felt refreshed and wasn't groggy at all. My dog is also displaying more energy and seems quite happy. If you're familiar with Australian Cattle Dogs, you know that they have a way of "smiling" and he's "smiling" all the time now and his nose is also wet when he's had a dry nose more days than not since starting the steroids and cancer medicine. After he went potty, I went back to bed, but laid there until 6:30. I knew that I wasn't gong to go back to sleep, but it just felt good to lay there. Since I also suffer from fibromyalgia and arthritis, I've noticed that my joint pain and overall achiness has subsided. I also don't feel as thirsty as I used to.

Last night while watching the debate, I had two 16oz beers. I've reduced my drinking since starting the ossteoporosis medication, so just to let you all know, I had one glass of red wine about a week and a half ago. Last night, I expected that I would be a bit hung over this morning since this is more than I've drinken in quite some time. Again, I awoke around 7:30 and felt great! No hang over and I didn't feel extremely thirsty like I usually do after waking from having a few drinks the previous night.

I took my dog to the vet yesterday for the blood test to determine if the cancer medicine is causing his white blood cell count to decrease. They're going to call today with the results. I did tell the vet that my dog and I are drinking the alkaline water and he said that it has been known to rid the body of certain cancers, but it's been hit and miss. At least he didn't dispel it completely or fall over laughing at me.

So, there you have it. Take it for what you will, but I will continue to post updates for those who are interested.
(It also wouldn't hurt for everyone who reads this to send positive thoughts to my dog though. We'll take all the positive energy we can get!)

UPDATE:
I've heard from the vet and all he had was good news!

His blood test showed that the meds aren't harming his liver and his white blood cell count is normal. I couldn't be more thrilled!

So, I'm just going to keep on doing what I'm doing with the alkaline water and the Moringa leaves and oil.
It's looking better and better in regards to alkaline water, so it probably would be an added benefit (or at least wouldn't hurt) to invest in the Kangen Water System or a similar ionization system. As the poster above me mentioned, the electrically charged water would have an organized structure while the alkaline water without the ionization process may be disorganized.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Hi, Afterthought.

Soooooo, after 4 or 5 months, how are your 2 healths going ?
We have "fibro" in the family, so I am "prospecting". . . B-)

Blue skies.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

LOOK UP THE BECK PROTOCOL FOR YOUR DOG. IN GOOGLE.

Also the beck protocol channel on youtube.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

Hi, thanks for commenting.
I'm not using the water anymore. My dog wasn't getting much better and I had to put him down in November.

I'm not using the water anymore and I never did buy the Kangan system or a comparable one; although I still think about it. I'm just using filtered water now and not adding the baking soda. I've thought about starting a bi-weekly regimen with the alkaline water as I'm starting to have kidney problems and staying hydrated is becoming especially important.
Regarding fibromyalgia, I also have this as well as other issues that cause chronic pain. Currently, I'm managing it with Cat's Claw and Sarsaparilla. I have not had to take any Advil or otherwise since starting these herbs and I feel great! I take one of each with lunch and dinner and haven't experienced any adverse side effects or stomach upset. Do your research of course before taking these. Should you decide to take them, I'd love to hear if they work for you and/or your relatives.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

Thank you for the suggestion!
Even though he's not with me in the physical sense anymore, I'm always willing to learn more. I adopted an Australian Shepherd in January, so keeping him healthy and happy is very important to me!

Considering what I've read about cancer in dogs, my newest addition doesn't get any wheat or grains in his diet whatsoever except for the occasional cup of rice.
Thanks again and best wishes to you!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Water should not be too alkaline either when used as a water source. It can help balance things but also can cause imbalances in the body. It can help some people and harm others based on their metabolic state. Many medicines are poisons if given to someone where diagnosis is not correct. Symptoms of deficiencies of minerals are often the same as levels that are too high. Giving the wrong medicine for a condition can make things worse. This water could be the same.
edit on 6-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Excellent advice!

I would like to add that there are acidic foods that do turn alkaline in the body, which is how I'm now handling things. Vinegar has always been a huge part of my diet, but now I try to drink a good amount of orange juice since it turns alkaline in the body.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join