It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physical Fitness

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Watch the TV show survivor. It's the fit brutes who quickly have a problem. Why? Because they're fit and they're use to burning tons of calaries pers day. They're use to maybe as many as 6 meals plus snacks. Now put them in a situation where they only get like 1 small meal a day at best and in no time they're in dyer straights. They can't move, can't perform, can't do jack.

It's an interesting observation. I've watched since the first episode I don't know how many seasons ago, but this is true. The flabby guys lose fat and define muscle, while the hulky guys wither away and have a horrible time. There are some rare exceptions (Cody and Malcolm come to mind), but as a rule, most of the more fit appearing guys (and gals) do struggle on the show when it comes to hunger.

Commuting for 2 hours and working for 8 each day, doesn't leave me a lot of time for fitness, but in a SHTF scenario, I'm sure a lot of us less fit folks would suddenly be a LOT more fit, with both the time, and necessity of action in such a scenario.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
This is really nice post to update people. Running is a best cardio excercise and give effective results of weight loss as well. Doing exercise regulary is an amazing way to keep yourself fit

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I take a Karate class 2-3 times a week and then hit the gym 1-2 times as well. I kill two birds with one stone, with the karate classes.

<< 1  2   >>

join