It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake BBC UFO Investigator Darren Perks .. Created by the Media?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I contacted Phil Hoyle on Boxing Day 2009 after reading in the Shropshire Star about a Black Triangle filmed in Shropshire. In the article Phil asked for people to contact him if they had also seen the triangle.
I was trembling with excitement when Phil picked up the phone a few minutes after I had finished reading the article.
In September that same year I witnessed a black triangle from 40 foot away. I hadn't until then told anyone for fear of ridicule, despite being a believer that we are not alone, and also having seen strange lights in the skies on a few occasions throughout the years.
Phil interviewed me a little while later, in my home, about my experience a few months previously. He also invited me to a skywatch with the Shrewsbury UFO group, where I met Darren Perks.
What struck me as odd with Darren was that he claims to be a UFO investigator yet did not show the slightest bit of interest in my very close encounter with this black triangle. He claims to have seen a triangle in 1993 from 400 foot away so one would naturally assume that he would be 'chomping at the bit' to hear an encounter from only 40 foot away?
I befriended Darren on Facebook after Phil told me he was no longer running the Shrewsbury UFO group. My impression of Darren was that he was more about the fame and glory hunting than the investigating.
After seeing the never ending hype on Darren's Facebook page about his 'new best friend' Mr Ryder, I couldn't wait to see the footage of Darren's encounter with the triangle when it was aired on the BBC3 show.
I pretty much almost wet myself laughing when after all Darren's hype there was not one bit of footage with Darren's triangle incident shown. There was a glimpse of the street where he lived, which, bizarrely was briefly flashed on the screen during a report about a totally different incident in a different part of the country and which featured someone else.
A few months prior to the show being aired I noticed that I was no longer a friend of his on Facebook but was on some group of his instead. I sent a message to him asking what was wrong and he basically told me that he was lying low as he was being followed by the 'men in black'!
If what I am reading about him is true I can't say that it has come as any great surprise, however I can't help feeling pretty disappointed and disgusted in his behaviour and alleged deceit.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Manda463

Thank you for your account of the interaction between yourself and Darren Perks.
Curious indeed that he was not interested in your experiences given that he claims to have seen a triangular craft at close quarters on his way home along Harlescott Lane from the bowling alley on the night of 30th March 1993.

However, the various versions of his tale really do tend to make us wonder whether he saw anything that night.
Even between the first email to Phil Hoyle on 23rd July 2008 and the second on 28th July 2009 there was a large discrepancy.

Sound was not mentioned in that first email. In fact he stated that the object made no noise.
However, just a year later, sound had been added to the tale, the description of his "sound" being very similar to that of other witnesses who had already gone on record back at the time of the sightings in March 1993.

It really does make one wonder if there is any truth to his tale at all, especially as he is now known to have perpetrated the Alamo Hoax and the Wrekin Hoax (also addressed on our site.)

Here is our ongoing page regarding the "Incident"

Cosford or Cosfraud?

The two emails that Perks sent to Phil Hoyle are included on that page for comparison.

Regards.

scryfa

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Scryfa, more evidence of Darren's tall tales and inconsistencies...he told me that he sighted the triangle in Sundorne, which is quite some walk from Harlescott and the pub his parents ran.
Thank you for bringing this all to light, it was only by accident recently that I stumbled on your page and learnt about Darren's deception.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Manda463, thank you for that additional interesting information.

It seems that Perks' tale has yet more holes in it to cast doubt on its authenticity.
After we exposed his Alamo and Wrekin hoaxes then the inevitable was going to happen I suppose.

If he saw the triangle over Sundorne then why did he say he was 100 metres from his "home" at the Harry Hotspur?
The Sundorne area appears to be approximately a mile from where he was supposed to have been that night, 30th March 1993.
How could he get that confused?

xut

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by scryfa

I have a question that someone may just know the answer too. (Fingers crossed) I heard rumors that need correcting from someone with experience.

Is it true that carl sagon deliberately debunks some aspects of truth in order to throw people into a different direction while he secretly is kept in the loop on some topics. Kinda like a front end PR for shadow governments ?

And the second part of the question is, is there any truth to Richard Donald and what he has said ? I have been researching the truth since 2000 and even thoe I feel deep in the rabbit hole I still feel like im following the same loop I started following 14 years ago.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I received this email today which refers to my post of the 28th Feb.

Dear Amanda

My name is Christian Delaney I met you on a sky watch once at Lyth Hill Shrewsbury.

I was told that you have given info to Erin who runs Xpose UFO Truth website about Darren Perks? Well I remember the night well and when he told you about the Cosford incident, but I would be careful with what you are saying. He explained that night to a group of us what he saw, but I do recall he only mention Sundorne because some of us did not know where the Harry Hotspur pub was. So he was using Sundorne to explain how you get to Little Harlescott Lane where the pub is. I also remember Phil Hole saying to you directly that it's not far from Sundorne.

Adding your comments to forums and a website which are incorrect do not help matters. I do not know Darren anymore but I do know his sighting was genuine. He got let down by one or two idiots who messed things up for him. I believe he now works for the Mod as well as some company in Scotland.

Although I don't know him these days I don't think it's fair you join in the merry go round on forums and websites, giving wrong info. Myself and three others remember that sky watch evening well, so you are wrong in what you say I'm afraid.

Sorry to contact you out of the blue but I watch ufo forums and do see what's being said. I remembered you from that sky watch evening and had kept everyone's emails in case another one was organised.

Regards

Christian

Does anyone know who this Christian is?
This was my response

Hi Darren,
I was very disappointed to hear these allegations about you.
If they are true you should be ashamed of yourself!
If you recalled the night correctly you will remember that there was only 1 other gentleman with us when you told me your story, and he wasn't called Christian.
Only you know that I run ********
I haven't said untoward, untruthful or slanderous and I am very willing to back this up 100% if asked by anyone
Have a good day.
Amanda

His response is this

Dear Amanda

I'm confused I was told you run dogs home by Peter Jones? He is a ufo guy too. Sorry but I can promise you 100% i'm not Darren! I had a full list of emails etc that he gave me a long time ago when I helped him with his group etc. Other than that I don't speak to him at all even via email. We are starting a new group for sky watches with France from Telford and a guy called Stephen. Your welcome to come on sky watches if you want.

Thanks

Christian

I know what I think...what do you think? Should you want IP info on this for further investigation I would be happy to help.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Hi Manda463

Please check inbox.

Regards,

scryfa

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Manda463

Dear Amanda

My name is Christian Delaney I met you on a sky watch once at Lyth Hill Shrewsbury.

I was told that you have given info to Erin who runs Xpose UFO Truth website about Darren Perks? Well I remember the night well and when he told you about the Cosford incident, but I would be careful with what you are saying. He explained that night to a group of us what he saw, but I do recall he only mention Sundorne because some of us did not know where the Harry Hotspur pub was. So he was using Sundorne to explain how you get to Little Harlescott Lane where the pub is. I also remember Phil Hole saying to you directly that it's not far from Sundorne.

Adding your comments to forums and a website which are incorrect do not help matters. I do not know Darren anymore but I do know his sighting was genuine. He got let down by one or two idiots who messed things up for him. I believe he now works for the Mod as well as some company in Scotland.

Although I don't know him these days I don't think it's fair you join in the merry go round on forums and websites, giving wrong info. Myself and three others remember that sky watch evening well, so you are wrong in what you say I'm afraid.

Sorry to contact you out of the blue but I watch ufo forums and do see what's being said. I remembered you from that sky watch evening and had kept everyone's emails in case another one was organised.

Regards

Christian

This was my response

Hi Darren,
If you recalled the night correctly you will remember that there was only 1 other gentleman with us when you told me your story, and he wasn't called Christian.
I haven't said untoward, untruthful or slanderous and I am very willing to back this up 100% if asked by anyone
Have a good day.
Amanda

His response is this

Dear Amanda

I'm confused I was told you run dogs home by Peter Jones? He is a ufo guy too. Sorry but I can promise you 100% i'm not Darren! I had a full list of emails etc that he gave me a long time ago when I helped him with his group etc. Other than that I don't speak to him at all even via email. We are starting a new group for sky watches with France from Telford and a guy called Stephen. Your welcome to come on sky watches if you want.

Thanks

Christian

I know what I think...what do you think? Should you want IP info on this for further investigation I would be happy to help.

Manda, it is 100% who you think it is, his shame full lies know no bounds, his attempt to scare you with "he works for the MOD" is as big a joke as his original pack of lies about Cosford.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I find it curious that "Christian Delaney" - who was/is most assuredly a "friend' of Perks (check Andy Mannion's UK UFO SIGHTINGS site) would not just post his comments to Manda463 here on ATS.
After all, "Christian Delaney" claimed that he was watching the forums!!

Is Christian a tad shy? Surely he would know that Manda463 would share his communications with ATS readers?

Given the writing style - id est the use of "etc" and how "Christian" protesteth so much about NOT being friends with Perks - raises some major red flags!

It does seem that this "Christian Delaney" persona is just another of Perks' imperksonations.

Maybe we need to contact the "real" Christian Delaney and ask him if he emailed Manda463.
The "real" Chris Delaney was constantly 'phoning Phil Hoyle a few months ago trying to find out what Phil was up to regarding his research.
As a result of these endless calls Phil changed his 'phone number.
Wise man!!

Interesting also how the wording of that email to Manda463 resembled closely an email that I received from Perks last March (2013) - essentially a cloaked threat - warning me to be careful about what I say regarding his Cosfraud Incident.

(Don't forget, COSFRAUD is Perks' claim to UFO FAME!!)

Perks claimed that he had engaged Carter-Ruck in London to represent him legally but when several of us contacted Carter-Ruck in 2013 they told us that they were not acting for a Mr Darren Perks.
Odd that.

Regards,

scryfa

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Manda463My impression of Darren was that he was more about the fame and glory hunting than the investigating.

indeed.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
This clown is still kicking up fairy dust? He sent us dozens of threatening emails via "Contact ATS" claiming the BBC's Barristers were going to crush us, naturally we simply forwarded the threatening emails off to our London legal firm and never heard another word about it or him..

Bollocks. That's all this whole mess is, pure bollocks.

edit on 3-25-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

Dr. Sagan is dead, has been for a nearly 20 years, I know several of his friends and I can assure you that there is zero evidence of what you fear.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I'm glad you guys got that situation handled. I like ATS, lot's of different input to make you think.

I think Springer's post pretty much cleared up the rest the thread on if this guy is a fraud or not.

But that bit of info for about the production team is a pretty good clue that these guys are just in it for the money. Sounds like the type of people the OP is talking about are the type of people that will destroy you just so they can put a buck in the their pocket.

These guys have put a lot of work and effort to make ATS a valuable place of discussion and alternative news to make it what it is, respect ATS and them.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Timing

Perks perpetrated a number of hoaxes here on ATS pretending to be "xutlady."

Perks had two accounts running at the time, "UFO Shropshire" and "xutlady"

"xutlady" is the first part of my own Hotmail address only used on 4 occasions including registering on Perks' website in May 2012 when he was away on his free holiday with BBC3.

My colleague and I registered on his site as "members" - members being promised more in-depth information regarding Perks' research and investigations.
That was a joke in itself. Perks wrote to me stating that the members' section had to be closed down as there had been a troublemaker among the members. (Probably "Mark Roberts.")

Perks defamed Phil Hoyle and myself in a number of threads under the guise of "xutlady."
Details may be found on our Hoax Watch page including some screenshots from threads here on ATS.

This page also includes our thanks to The Above Network for dealing with Perks in January 2013.

Hoax Watch

ATS is an excellent site and resource, and should not be abused by the likes of Perks.

edit on 25-3-2014 by scryfa because: To clarify why we became "members" of UFO Shropshire website.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
At last, an explanation as to why Planet X Live radio show went off the airwaves to just streaming via the 'net.

A new Perksian "head" ("Sue Field") posted on the Alamo event on MUFON explaining how Darren Perks and "his MoD colleagues" "grinded away at Bauer a Media" to get PlanetX Live taken off-air.
It seems that "Sue Field" has similar problems to Perks when it comes to typing accurately.

"Sue Field" keyed on 15th January 2014:

"Firstly I agree mostly here with you there is more to this guy than meets the eye for sure.
I know someone in the Army in Wiltshire who knows of him and he has been seen quite a few times around Salisbury with the MoD.
He was also spotted with QinetiQ and Farnborough IAT 2013 where he posed a rather nice 'security pass' on his chest pocket.....

This guy did find out lots of info it seems and now he and his colleagues behind the scenes will have huge files on all who have interacted etc with him. think about the real reason Planet X Live was pulled off live transmission in Liverpool.

it was this guy and his MoD colleagues that slowly grinded away at Bauer a Media and eventually go them to pull the show
."

Alamo Sphere Report on MUFON

PlanetX Live even ceased their streaming shows but have announced that they are taking a couple of months off to work "on the next generation of PlanetX."

PlanetX - The Next Generation

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Manda463

Dear Amanda

Regards

Christian

This was my response

Hi Darren,
Have a good day.
Amanda

His response is this

Dear Amanda

Thanks

Christian

I was contacted by a Chris Delaney a while back, asking me about UFOs. It's more than likely to be the same person who contacted you. I never actually thought that it might have been Darren Perks though, until I read this. I've also been impersonated by Perks on a handful of websites, including this one. I also received a similar message from a Steven Collins, who may be the person that Perks was referring to in that email; although, it may just be another one of Darren's many personas.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Code6

It is possible that this "Chris Delaney" who wrote to Manda463 may well be who he says he is.
He was certainly gunning up business on Andy Mannion's site a few years ago.
One example: (personal details removed)

chrisd
July 13, 2012 at 12:56 am

hi there my name is christian -i am fascinated by ur sighting, have been collecting cases around uk for a while now. just wondered if you would be interested in speaking more about this sighting – thanks chrisd

Stratford-upon-Avon 2nd July 2012

On this page both Perks and Delaney were asking the witness for details.
Note Perks had created an email address to direct reports to himself but pretending to be part of Phil Hoyle's 'UFOIRU."
He used the little trick of changing the letters around to "UFORIU."
Even Phil hadn't noticed that until I pointed it out to him last year.

Ludlow 9th November 2011

Another example of Darren Perks flying under Phil Hoyle's "UFOIRU" banner, using an email address created by changing the order of the letters to "UFORIU."
He did that on a number of occasions, basically siphoning off reports that could go to Phil and directing them to himself (Perks.)
He posted twice here, the second one including his contact details:

Telford 13th December 2011

I wrote to Perks in December 2012 asking him about this changed order of letters and he said that it might have been a typo.
He responded:

to: xutlady
date: Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 5:44 PM
subject: Re: Contact Information

I worked with them in 2011 yes and that email was set up by another member which i had access to.

It would seem to me that there was a typo there too.

I severed all dealings with those two orgs at the end if 2011. All have been told by numerous people is that they no longer exist.
I have no contact details for any ex members who ran those groups, although nearly 90% of the contacts those groups had no deal with myself including farmers, landowners, vets, scientists and police officers.

I do feeling you are interrogating me or some reason although I may be wrong.
What is it you actually want me to comment on or do or you in any way?

Good evening

Darren

Admittedly Perks is renowned for typos, spelling and grammatical errors, but I get the feeling that this was a deliberate ploy to obtain witness information while pretending that he was part of Phil's UFOIRU.

Note that Perks mentions another "member" (probably "Mark Roberts" - the usual imaginary fall guy) who was the person who set up the "UFORIU" email address!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
NOTE the name "xutlady" in my email address to which Perks sent his story about "UFORIU" being a typo.

As mentioned previously, I subscribed to Perks' website members' section in May 2012 with the "xutlady" Hotmail address.

"xutlady was banned from ATS in January 2013, but the profile still exists.
See screenshot of profile:

"xutlady" profile on ATS

As can be seen in the screenshot, "xutlady" registered with ATS on 16th December 2012, just a few days after the email exchange between Perks and myself that ended on 9th December 2012.

Strange coincidence?

"xutlady" started a thread on ATS here on 5th January 2013 about David Clarke being a scumbag!

The writing style - including use of the word "folks," a commonly used word in all Perks' writings - clearly indicates who was writing as "xutlady."
Perks posted quite a number of comments on the thread.

"xutlady" thread on Dr. David Clarke

As we were busting his ALAMO HOAX at the time he was trying his best to discredit my colleagues and myself.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hi all I am the real Christian Delaney , I used to go sky watching with Phil hoyle and Darren perks some years ago now. Darren Perk's is no longer welcome with either Phil or myself. Let's just say Darren unfortunately is alleged to have plagerised Phil's work, and then seemed more interested in fame than actual ufo investigating. Actually Phil and I spent more time working for the apfu, until Phil's health got worse and was no longer able to continue. Darren as far as I'm aware has a track record of creating fake accounts and peddling names of ppl in order to back up his accounts of events that all most certainly didn't happen!. To say I am annoyed that my name has been used to support Darren perks work is a major joke to me, as I will have nothing to do with perks or what he has done to Phil hoyle. I am on here to set the record straight that I do not endorse Darren perks work, his opinions and I consider it a major insult to me and may I speak for Phil and tell you that we strongly suspect he Darren perks is a debunker and is x military possibly still working shall we say. I would be very grateful if you could track down the originator of the other Christian delaney account and its email once and for all , search for the truth sometimes requires a search to out the debunkers- thanks for your time chrisd

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: chrisd72

Once again, I forgot to mention that a gd friend of mine tipped me off about the fake post in my name, and I am more than happy to help as much as I can via email or phone- pls get in contact , I have complained to the web provider as I am not happy at all about this latest development and it is high time the person responsible is brought to account. Ta chrisd

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join