It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake BBC UFO Investigator Darren Perks .. Created by the Media?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by scryfa

This alleged UFO investigator has no real UFO group with the dubious claim
of having many highly experienced ufological members with a scientific background.

The Mark Roberts member UFO investigator copyright court case is fake.

The UFO hoaxes and consistent multiple identity posts on UFO forums are very real.

City Talk Fm Radio 105.9 FM Liverpool ... is hardly Coast to Coast AM.

The local 'Shropshire Star' newspaper will not publish anything from the alleged
UFO hoaxer Investigator .. and is this because of multiple posts by the same person?

Shropshire Star ignored its new local UFO celebrity with the recent Cosford UFO article.

And even dismissed the alleged UFO sightings of 'Cosford UFO' as merely a police helicopter.

The alleged 'well known front line leading UFO investigator' appears to have even gained notoriety
in the local press and now they view the 'Cosford UFO incident' as a misidentified UFO episode.

If the 'Sirius' UFO Documentary movie maker company / Greer.. want to get in touch with
City Talk FM 105.9 over the copyright abuse by one of their radio presenters. Who Knows?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
On 28th April 2013 the Sirius documentary was reviewed on Planet X Live by Planet X Team Member Darren Perks. Perks directed listeners to go to the Planet X Forums to obtain a copy of the Sirius documentary. The sound clip of part of this review and the invitation to view the full documentary may be heard below........"

Full story on our XUT site: SIRIUS - The Movie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What happened to the link of 'stating to go' and obtain a free download copy of 'Sirius' UFO?
Describing Dr Greer as an 'emergency Doctor' seems an act of malice by someone
who considers themselves as the `new voice or face' of Ufology, despite the fact that
they continue to name drop Timothy Good, Linda Moulton Howe, and Nick Pope at an
excessive rate of ufological promotional attachment in a short space of three years.

Can we find a copy of this ? .. of which I am 100% sure .. exists and has been stated.

Or have ... City Talk FM Radio 105.9 ..finally realised that they were potentially scammed
and have been taken in by the claims of this multiple character UFO group and UFO evidence?

And have pulled all their City Talk FM Planet X radio show replays since the 14th April 2013.

Due to the exposure of the recent live City Talk FM 28th April 2013 Radio show?

That actually encouraged the illegal download the new release of the Sirius UFO
documentary whilst 'on air' by a City Talk FM 105.9 Planet X Team broadcaster?

and publishing this action on the property of the City Talk FM 109.5 FM radio station.

edit on 17-5-2013 by deprogrammer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by deprogrammer

I have responded to your two above posts in one point-by-point posting here.

"This alleged UFO investigator has no real UFO group with the dubious claim
of having many highly experienced ufological members with a scientific background."

I believe that you could be correct, however, regarding the number of "members," on 16th December 2012 I received an email from Perks.
Note, two of us had registered as "members" of his UFO Shropshire site on 16th May 2012, and were approved on 18th May 2012.
I had registered with the "xutlady" email address for his site.

(That very same day, 16th December 2012, "xutlady," - the fake one - not myself - registered an account here on ATS and started the campaign of defamation against Phil Hoyle.)

The email sent out on the 16th December was regarding the upcoming skywatch scheduled for 21st December 2012 at Mitchell's Fold stone circle.

How many of that group are scientists and pilots is anyone's guess, but my friend and I are not in those two categories. We are just plebs to the likes of Perks.
As you probably realise, we did not attend said skywatch due to the distance involved with getting there!
We had our own plans for here in Canada.

"The Mark Roberts member UFO investigator copyright court case is fake."

As no proof of a "Mark Roberts" has ever been provided, and certainly no record of a court case, I believe that you are correct.

"The UFO hoaxes and consistent multiple identity posts on UFO forums are very real."

Absolutely!

"City Talk Fm Radio 105.9 FM Liverpool ... is hardly Coast to Coast AM."

Very true, but there are standards in broadcasting that should be adhered to, whatever level one is working at.

"The local 'Shropshire Star' newspaper will not publish anything from the alleged
UFO hoaxer Investigator .. and is this because of multiple posts by the same person?
Shropshire Star ignored its new local UFO celebrity with the recent Cosford UFO article.
And even dismissed the alleged UFO sightings of 'Cosford UFO' as merely a police helicopter."

I am not privy to the reasons why the Shropshire Star did not mention the main (in his eyes/head) witness.
I recall that Perks thought the article "poor" when it was published.

"The alleged 'well known front line leading UFO investigator' appears to have even gained notoriety
in the local press and now they view the 'Cosford UFO incident' as a misidentified UFO episode."

It does seem rather strange how things have turned.

"If the 'Sirius' UFO Documentary movie maker company / Greer.. want to get in touch with
City Talk FM 105.9 over the copyright abuse by one of their radio presenters. Who Knows?"

Greer/Sirius may do whatever, but as Xposers of the truth, we have done our part.

"What happened to the link of 'stating to go' and obtain a free download copy of 'Sirius' UFO?"

As mentioned on our page, the Sirius link on Planet X was removed but the actual video remained on "DeltaLima78's" VEOH account.

"Describing Dr Greer as an 'emergency Doctor' seems an act of malice by someone
who considers themselves as the `new voice or face' of Ufology..."

The actual words - "emergency room doctor" - are straight from the SIRIUS promotion site.
Dr. Greer frequently refers to himself as an "emergency room doctor," and certainly did when I met him in Colorado in 1996 and in Calne, Wiltshire, in 1997.

"....despite the fact that they continue to name drop Timothy Good, Linda Moulton Howe, and Nick Pope at an
excessive rate of ufological promotional attachment in a short space of three years."

Name dropping is a popular pastime!

"Can we find a copy of this ? .. of which I am 100% sure .. exists and has been stated."

From what I saw when taking screenshots of the VEOH account upload, I recall that the opening (I only saw the first few minutes in the VEOH preview) had a sort of dodgy start with coloured stripes across the screen.
I have no idea of the source.
Perks had obtained a copy somehow and uploaded it to his UFO Shropshire Youtube channel on 24th April 2013.
Then he moved it to LiveLeak.com and that was immediately deleted because of copyright violation.
The SIRIUS video then ended up on Perks' newly created VEOH account.

"Or have ... City Talk FM Radio 105.9 ..finally realised that they were potentially scammed?"

Of that, I have no idea.

"And have pulled all their City Talk FM Planet X radio show replays since the 14th April 2013."

The 28th April 2013 show wherein Perks advertised the freebie Sirius video never made it to Youtube as far as I know.
However, the Nick Pope/Perks "Cosford" show was up within 48 hours on Youtube.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by scryfa

CONTINUING.....

"Due to the exposure of the recent live City Talk FM 28th April 2012 Radio show?"

Of that, I have no idea.

"Actually encouraging the illegal download the new release of the Sirius UFO
documentary whilst 'on air' by a City Talk FM 105.9 Planet X Team broadcaster?
and publishing this action on the property of the City Talk FM 109.5 FM radio station."

The whole thing is very strange, unquestionably.
Even though Planet X is not C2C it probably still has a few listeners and some ardent followers/fans.
Any copyright issues are not good for any radio or TV station.
Planet X is owned by BAUER MEDIA.

What is strange is the explanation for the cancelled show on 5th May 2013!
Around the time of the "exposure" of this copyright infringement there should have been a Planet X broadcast on Sunday 5th May 2013 from 8-10 pm featuring James Rink.

However, 3 hours before air time on the 5th May, Darren Perks, co-host, posted a notice stating that the show would not be airing "due to unforeseen circumstances," but would be broadcast the following Sunday, 12th May 2013.

Planet X - postponed

When this past Sunday's show (12th May) was aired with the previously scheduled guest, main host Neil Atkinson apologised for the show being cancelled but said that he had had a virus.
Why not include that in the statement?
"Host is sick so we'll be back next week."

What was strange though was that Atkinson said that their website had a virus as well!
Listen to how this explanation is delivered!

Planet X - audio clip explaining postponed broadcast

Please note that our audio clips are not from Planet X Youtube files.
These are from our own recordings.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by scryfa

The great shame or BBC fiasco regarding the BBC UFO Conspiracy Road Trip.

There were some participants who grasped the chance to springboard themselves
into the world of UFO Conspiracy media opportunity via self promotion via any means.

Steven Bassett is on Planet X Radio City Talk FM Sunday Special guest. UK GMT 8.0pm.

We may see if City Talk FM have taken any responsibility to react to their misdemeanors.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I would doubt that Planet X is even aware that there might be a problem regarding Perks and the Sirius video unless they have read this thread or seen our Sirius page on XUT.

Maybe Perks figured that something was not quite right.
After all, very soon after I published our Sirius page his VEOH account disappeared along with the video.

Perks doesn't seem to care much about anything else but himself imho.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This is copied from our updated XUT "Sirius" website page tonight.........

We tuned into Planet X Live this evening and there was an announcement at the beginning of the show that there were to be some changes made starting next week, 26th May 2013. It turns out that Planet X will no longer be broadcasting on FM Radio, only via the Internet.

(Note: we recorded the publicly broadcasted Planet X Live show)

We were looking forward to hearing Stephen Bassett of the Paradigm Research Group discuss the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure that was recently held in Washington, D.C. Unfortunately, there seemed to be a problem regarding Mr. Bassett's interview and he did not appear on the show.

In this first audio clip, Neil Atkinson, the show's host, addressed the subject of the Citizen Hearing and how expensive this would have been to stage.
(see full article for audio)

In the second audio clip the host and co-hosts of Planet X discussed the funding of the Citizen Hearing.
Co-host Darren Perks said that he had been in contact with Mr. Bassett and had received an email explaining the financial situation.

Perks then read out the email wherein Mr. Bassett explained that unauthorised full sessions of the Citizen Hearing were being uploaded to Youtube and how this would affect the financial situation of Paradigm Research Group.

Perks even mentioned "Sirius" as being a similar situation!

At that moment I was wondering if Perks remembered how he had uploaded the full Sirius documentary to his UFO Shropshire Youtube Channel on 24th April 2013.

Did he remember that he had then uploaded the full Sirius documentary to Live Leak?
And then, when that copy was deleted for copyright violation, did he remember that he had then uploaded the full Sirius video to his VEOH account?

As Perks concluded his quote from Mr. Bassett's email regarding the issue of copyright and a potential large loss of money, he added: "Fair comment, I think."

In the last short audio clip we hear how Atkinson regretted that Mr. Bassett could not answer the funding question himself.

However, had Mr. Bassett been able to answer the question of funding, then we would not have heard Perks himself read out the email describing the unauthorised uploading of the Citizen Hearing videos - a situation just like when he uploaded an unauthorised copy of Dr. Greer's Sirius documentary to his various online video accounts.

Perks then assured listeners that Mr. Bassett will be on the show at some time in the future.

NOTE

The audio clips included on this page were recorded by Xpose UFO Truth from public broadcasts and total 4 minutes and 24 seconds.
We believe this to constitute "fair use."

Xpose UFO Truth - Sirius and more

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by scryfa

It appears that events have had a rather immediate effect regarding the City FM Planet X show.

Two guests in the space of two weeks do not appear as the 'schedule guests' on the show.

Steven Bassett gave a recent interview to Critical Mass inter net Radio HPANWO recently.

The City FM radio 'Planet X' programme has now been taken off the air in swift fashion.

Jay Weidner did not also appear as a guest for an interview for the programme.

It is not good news that radio stations lose the medium of Paranormal / conspiracy type shows
and total credit to Planet X and City FM for creating the vehicle for airing such a programme.

edit on 21-5-2013 by deprogrammer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Someone suggested that the reason the show was taken off FM radio could have been lack of advertising revenue. That is possible, if there was insufficient interest.

The 19th May broadcast where host Atkinson made the announcement regarding the "evolving" of Planet X Live has not been uploaded to Youtube.
Instead, they have uploaded the James Rink/Dolores Cannon 12th May broadcast, but labelled it 19th May.
Maybe they got confused?

Planet X - Youtube

We have put the sound clip of this statement on our "Sirius" page together with a transcript of what Atkinson said.
I would think that the 19th May 2013 show will be put up at a later date so that listeners can hear what was discussed and Perks reading out Mr. Bassett's email regarding funding of the Citizen Hearings on Disclosure.

These future online only (plus podcast and Youtube) shows will be advertising-free.

It could be that with this change in Planet X's broadcasting, Mr Perks may need to seek new avenues to further his media career.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
In case anyone has ever wondered how Perks came up with the handle "xutlady" to use in his campaign of defamation and discrediting of Phil Hoyle and myself here on ATS (and other forums) this is a screenshot of the email that I received on 18th May 2012 approving my membership of his site, UFO Shropshire. Perks was in the States at the time filming "Conspiracy Road Trip, UFOs."

Screenshot of email received 18th May 2012

This has been included in the whole explanation in our:

Hoaxwatch

What made him use the email address and another researcher's name in a fake animal mutilation attack report sent to Phil Hoyle on 12th June 2012 still baffles us.
The fake report was sent to Phil less than a month after I registered for membership to Perks' site.
Why pick my email address?
Surely his membership had sufficient numbers that he had plenty of email addresses to choose from?

He made a big mistake on the day that he sent that email to Phil!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
"From Zero To Hero"
Darren Perks describes his journey from 'blogger to broadcaster - includes the five top tips for promoting yourself.

From 'Blogger to Broadcaster

"UFO Investigator Darren Perks reveals how by applying a few simple techniques he was able to get recognised as an expert in his field and be approached by the media to contribute to their programmes.
Darren recently went to the USA to film a documentary for BBC 3."

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
'From Zero to Hero' UFO Interview. I presume this is a desperate attempt to cling to any
media recognition since the City Talk FM station pulled the plug on their Planet X Radio.

Via a You Tube channel 'Gash Films' that has less than 500 hits in all its uploaded videos.

It appears the 'Front Line UFO Investigator' has created the scenario of an interview?.

Zero to Hero? It should be UFO Taker ( others / UFO research ) to UFO Faker.

Did the alleged 'Front Line UFO Investigator' previously have night vision cameras ?

Or were 'Scott Country / PULSAR night vision' fooled into providing a camera and clothing
via the premise of promotion in the spurious / odious 'BBC UFO Conspiracy Road Trip' ?

It seems very odd that media self promotion UFO media techniques that have been stated
or clumsily portrayed in the 'Zero to Hero' UFO investigator interview in previous above link ...

Never any mention of other members of 'UFO SHROPSHIRE Group 'alleged multiple members'

or in media techniques ..working with those multiple high profile/career scientific / UFO experts.

Are these the self promotion UFO techiques ..advice to promote yourself in TV and Media? ( Below)

ufonv.com... via Scubasteve ..and then self UFO media promotion?

edit on 1-6-2013 by deprogrammer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

That interview is rather wearing to listen to as it is all unbalanced. Perks' voice is just sort of in the background.

At the 15:40 time marker Perks describes the "massive opportunity" for "self-promotion" that presented itself when he told Nick Pope about his Cosford experience.
Perks describes how he went to various forums and websites to get his message across.

Of course, what we have noticed whilst studying the 12 different versions of Perks' Cosford experience is that the story changed over the years.

The first account in our possession is that of an email sent to Phil Hoyle on 23 July 2008 wherein Perks stated three times that there was no sound from the craft.

Over time the tale became more embellished with phrases that were to be found in the other witness descriptions mentioned in Nick Pope's book "Open Skies, Closed Minds." The 2009 onwards versions all contained reference to Perks' craft making a low humming sound that was irritating to hear.

The Cosford Incident Report

Did the media create the "Fake BBC UFO investigator?"

One has to wonder which is the cart and which is the horse in all this!
But it does seem that Perks was determined to carve out a career in broadcasting long before the Road Trip.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by scryfa

If there is no single person in Ufology that has a single decent word to say about this 'alleged
UFO researcher' or not those that have been impersonated via media outlets to self promote..

Then I do not believe the self claimed 'Front line UFO Investigator' will have any possible
recognition in the UFO research field. That dire interview was basically a full ufological media CV.

The alleged witness Cosford UFO testimony is now pure folly, via the multiple UFO hoaxes

And a definition of a broadcaster ..well it`s not entirely correct ... or as a UFO documentary
maker or consultant/films or some (self styled) respected authority on matters regarding UFO`s

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Perks was mentioned on a recent Open Minds podcast.

...I just groaned and rolled my eyes.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
On 19th May 2013 Neal Atkinson, host of PlanetX Live, mentioned the show being taken off FM.
However, they were continuing with live internet streaming, podcast and Youtube archiving:

"Now before we get into our first guest I did mention at the start of the show that there are some changes. Changes are a-happening to Planet X and I'd like to concentrate on the positives cos we're all about the positives not the negatives on this show.

So from next week we won't be on the FM frequency 105.9 so I'm sorry if you listen to us in the car, especially all the taxi drivers, I know, Dave, you've got a lot of taxi driver mates haven't you? (Dave agreed saying "they listen every week.") ...And anyone in the north west who listens on the radio you won't be able to get us on the FM frequency 105.9.

However, we will still be broadcasting here live at City Talk at the studios at the top of the tower. We'll still be here and the show will be streaming live at the same time from eight o'clock every Sunday. So, there will be a podcast version available on CityTalk dot FM and as well as that there will be the catch up version on Youtube...."

Complete details + sound clips from the 19th May 2013 show on our Sirius page:

Sirius - the Movie

Perks then posted about "cut backs" or something, and there were definitely complaints on Planet X FB that certain shows were being pulled.
But those were music shows.
When it comes down to it, the $ (or pound) talks.

The 26th May 2013 show was cancelled due to "technical issue's."

This was posted on Planet X Live website today, 2nd June 2013:

"Announcement Hi all we would inform you all that Planet X will be back Sunday 9th June. We apologise for the couple of weeks off air. See you all next week guys. Take Care"

PLANETX LIVE

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
We've been investigating further into Perks and his agenda.

A new presentation is now published re Impersonation.

IMPERSONATION - How IP addresses can be the downfall of an impersonator and hoaxer

Latest stunt - impersonating Linda Moulton-Howe. Problem was that the recorded static IP address matched that of Perks' many visits to our own website.

Linda responds with Cease and Desist.

Also included is confirmation tonight from Nick Pope that he did not post a certain comment on Ancient Aliens Blog even though his name was on the comment.

FYI - Planet X is due for airing 9th June 2013.
Special guest is James Van Praagh

Planet X Live

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Loving this thread people
Good work!!

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Today, 8th June 2013, we were rather surprised to see that a certain static IP address had made another very thorough visit to our site despite the fact that this individual most likely read the above-mentioned "Impersonation" page yesterday, 7th June 2013.

This set of visits utilised the proxy "Hide My IP Address," but it does not appear to work too well.

Here is the continuation of our investigation into how IP addresses can be the downfall of the impersonator and hoaxer.

The screenshots show the details of the visits from our logs.

Impersonation - Part Two

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
We had a "new" visitor to our Impersonation pages tonight!

However, the M.O. was very similar to that of the diligent visitor, using the "Hide My Ass" proxy, who has been checking through our website over the past several months.

Is it or isn't it Perks?

Impersonation Two

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join