It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake BBC UFO Investigator Darren Perks .. Created by the Media?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by deprogrammer

I don't watch BBC very often, they still try to discredit people by trying to connect them to conspiracy theories, that dosn't work as well as it used to. People who are into UFO stuff are not going to be fooled by their feeble attempts at debunking.
I just can't get over the fact that they crossed the line at area 51, I know I wouldn't do that. I do wonder if that was all a set up and arranged before they got there, it must have been.
I did like that they went to America and met some strange people there, and that lady was more than willing to take the lie detector test. I would love to have seen the results if she had been allowed to go though with it.
If my tv license paid for that, then I vote ATS members should do any future shows, just one decent show with truth from both sides. Is that really too much to ask?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The girl with the black hair in the UFO docu was off the alternative media show on channel 200.
Not sure if it's still available on SKY.

Also how was he at Cosford if he wasn't in the RAF. I've been there many times (friend was an officer there.)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterPainter

Breaking! A new board game!!

GUESS WHO?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Shortly after I posted my previous comment (above) - the "board game" and the Cosford Helicopter Incident went MIA from the above referenced site.

A little birdie told me that Perks went and complained to Moonfruit about defamation or some such nonsense. That is a joke in itself considering how many examples of defamation have been recorded (and screenshot) where Perks was the guilty party!

However, I had fortunately taken a screenshot of the "board game" that itemises a fair number of Darren Perks' "heads" - the aliases that he uses on various forums, website comment sections and Youtube to support his own cause and, in some instances (mostly on ATS) to defame my friend and colleague Phile Hoyle using my handle "xutlady."

Addtitionally, these "heads" were used to defame myself, my colleagues and our 17 years of research.

Anyway, for those who missed the "board game," here it is:

Guess Who!

Best regards,

xut

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The BBC is a propaganda organisation controlled by the British government. Paid for by the people of the UK.
It is a disgusting state of affairs.
Every time the BBC news website reports a UFO they put obviously fake footage up.
I have never seen real UFO footage in my whole lifetime of watching it.

Boycot the license fee if you can,
don't watch it, reduce their ratings to zero,
avoid BBC news.

Its a shame because some things they do are good, but they feel they have the right to lie to the people who pay its fees.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by scryfa

However, I had fortunately taken a screenshot of the "board game" that itemises a fair number of Darren Perks' "heads" - the aliases that he uses on various forums, website comment sections and Youtube to support his own cause and, in some instances (mostly on ATS) to defame my friend and colleague Phile Hoyle using my handle "xutlady."
---------------------------------------

This creation of fake posts to self promote in UFO articles apparently dates back to 2009.

The Shropshire Star 2009 website article 'County UFO sighting recalled' has probably 90%
of fake posts and names that appear to be written by the same person? (Below)

www.shropshirestar.com...

Why did 'Shropshire Star' ignore the 'alleged witness' in their recent 20th anniversary
Cosford UFO article? Maybe they are aware of multiple episodes of fraudulent manipulation?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Good question re the omission of the main Shropshire witness from that Shropshire Star item.
Perks was not impressed and called it "poor article."

Darren Perks ‏@DarrenPerksUFO 30 Mar
"Good old @ShropshireStar with a poor article on this: 20 years since Cosford UFO mystery"

20 years since Cosford UFO

It would seem that anywhere Perks has published an "article" of his own or an article has been published about him, there are numerous comments by supporters all of whom seem to display the same writing style + mistakes. We call these characters the "heads."

It happens on UK UFO Sightings site too.
Good example with Perks making a report and all the "heads" giving him support:

Harmer Hill 21st November 2012

But as you can see, if others challenge in any way, then the nasties start.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I don't have proof, but my gut tells me this is the way
National Geographic, The History Channel and Popular Science
go about these things as well.

Every "911 wasn't a conspiracy" program I've seen on these channels is narrated by a girl
who sounds just like the girl who does voice overs for many of the weapon manufactuers
promos for the Pentagon's top Brass to watch.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

I have never seen so many "sock puppets" as I have seen in this case.

Also, for a "well-known investigative UFO researcher" and "UK UFO expert," (terms Perks uses about himself) Perks does not appear to have much skill with identifying satellites.

He recently posted a video on Youtube taken with his famous Pulsar Recon unit.

Original title was: "UFOs Caught On Film Avoiding Each Other In Space" but the title now reads:

UK UFO Footage April 2013 OVNI

No tripod was used, so the footage is all over the place.
He claims that it was not possible to use a tripod as he could not tip it up sufficiently to record the "UFOs."

I beg to differ.
When using my Manfrotto tripod array with a horizontal bar attached, all the devices mounted thereon can be manoeuvred very easily.

He also says that he likes to travel light for a quick getaway.

Excuses, excuses... alway excuses!
And fabrications to explain away the hoaxes that he has perpetrated.

Please see our:

Hoax Watch (describes how Perks used my handle "xutlady" on ATS to create an account and defame my friend and colleague Mr. Phil Hoyle. He used the same handle to defame my own research, websites and myself.)

The Alamo Sphere (where Perks used an image of his own to create a hoax to submit to MUFON. This hoax was blamed on "Mark Roberts," but "Terry Spencer" wrote to me saying that he and his friend "Bob" had set Perks up. Problem with that story though. "Terry Spencer" and Perks shared the same static IP address that was evident in emails sent to Phil Hoyle and myself!)

The Orange Sphere UFO (where Perks used an image taken 14 months previously by another person, removed the original overlaid text, and created a hoax to submit to UK UFO Sightings. This hoax was blamed on "Mark Roberts.")

There are other pages on our site addressing the dishonest behaviour of Mr. Perks.

Foolish pranks/hoaxes are one thing but impersonation and intimidation using the fake identities is a very different matter!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by scryfa

Crazy.. Well good sleuthing on your part for sure.
Way to watch for details. I appreciate thought like that.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

And the sleuthing continues.

The evidence mounts to show that this "investigator" most likely HAS been "created," but by whom and for what, well that remains to be discovered!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by scryfa

This person is a fake UFO Researcher and it is proved by the multiple hoaxes and fake UFO postings.

The Shropshire Star newspaper ..chose to ignore this alleged Cosford UFO witness? in a recent UFO article

Why? Because this alleged UFO INVESTIGATOR has been posting and promoting himself since 2009.

on the Shropshire Star web site and the pattern of self promotion is there for all to see.

This Fake UFO muppet .. couldn`t investigate the contents of his own underpants.

get in touch with Shropshire Star . They will not associate themselves with the 'total prat'

that has manipulated all UFO related emails posts via self promotion since 2009.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

We have been sent a video by an anonymous "watcher" who obviously has had enough of the nonsense.

I have too, to be honest, as have other friends/colleagues of mine who have been impersonated, intimidated and defamed in various forums.

Xposing the Hoaxes - and the more serious implicatons

Enough is enough!

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by scryfa

POST SCRIPT

Perks was on ITV central news yesterday as he had caught some "UFOs" on "film" on 1st May 2013.

UFO Sighting in the Midlands

To me they look like they're flapping, but then, what do I know!? I am not a leading UK Investigative Researcher.

Multiple UFOs Over UK May 2013

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by scryfa

If the profile information of UFO SHROPSHIRE .. a private group consisting of
pilots and scientists with over 20 active UFO investigator members etc.

Then how come the only named member of this alleged UFO Group

Is a Mark Roberts ..that was in charge of all UFO evidence photographs

and was taken to court via UFO SHROPSHIRE for copyright issues.

Mark Roberts is as fake as the fake Alamo UFO.

Impersonating US Police officer Kerry Lee is very interesting.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Regarding the recent ITV Central News item, I noticed that the picture that Scott Country and Perks put up on Facebook showed some fairly high-end camera equipment, i.e. broadcast quality.

This looks a tad like a promo type photo. Note the prominent display of Scott Country clothing labels.
What is interesting in the image that was published on the two Facebook pages (below) is that there is no mention of the "equipment," and, at first glance, one might think that the gear belongs to Perks.
A tad misleading?

Scott Country's image

Perks' image

However, I get a feeling that Perks' gear is the Pulsar Recon sitting on the tripod in front of him and maybe the camera being used to take the photo?
Is that a remote in his left hand?

Despite the fact that the video appeared to several of us to be that of birds flapping - seen through Perks' night vision device - he seemed very keen to get the video to the media as fast as possible.

I have to say that when I capture birds, bats, bugs, "shooting stars," planes, choppers and whatever on my own night vision unit I certainly wouldn't dream of rushing to ITV
Or any other news station for that matter.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by scryfa

I completely agree. It seems that Scott Country are supplying Perks with equipment in return of promotion/advertising. I remember reading a while ago (on Perks website I think) that he mentioned having a "private investor". And then there's the fact that he's endorsing Scott Country in the actual video description on Youtube. What really makes me laugh though is that not so long ago he uploaded a video entitled "This is not a UFO" (now renamed "Is this a UFO?"). The video was basically a demonstration of how perfectly ordinary objects (such as Helicopter lights) appeared to look strange and unusual when viewed through infrared camera equipment. I got the impression the whole point of this video was to discredit actual UFO researchers using infrared. And now he goes out, films something ordinary (a flock of birds) with his "Pulsar Recon 550 Digital Night Vision Monocular" and immediately sends it off to ITV news claiming it to be UFO footage. I can't believe how stupid this bloke is, and how stupid Scott Country are for letting such a prat endorse their shop!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Code6

I thought this new UFO character was involved in promoting Night Vision cameras. Maybe?

However, all the legal pseudo intimitidation regarding being threatened by this character.

Mark Roberts UFO member copyright court case within the alleged UFO group ?

No members of this alleged UFO group have ever emerged since 2009.

edit on 12-5-2013 by deprogrammer because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2013 by deprogrammer because: update

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I was chatting to Ben Emlyn-Jones this morning and he referred me to this podcast he made last year.
This is an interview that he did with Franky Ma in October, 2012.
It was recorded just before the "Road Trip" was broadcast on 15th October.

Franky gives her take on the whole BBC3 production that involved Renegade Pictures.

HPANWO Radio Show - Programme 17
(Download link on the page)

Franky Ma interview starts at 48:00.

One thing that Franky Ma said that I do not agree with - "Darren Perks was amazing."

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Code6

Stupidity seems to be the flavour of the year.

The following just baffles us.
Any person working in media - and that is what Perks is now doing - should understand the concept of copyright. Considering that Perks claims that he took his UFO Shropshire ex-member "Mark Roberts" to court over copyright infringement one would think that Perks would know better!

"'Sirius' is a feature length documentary that follows Dr. Steven Greer, an emergency room doctor turned UFO researcher, as he struggles to disclose top secret information about classified energy and propulsion techniques. The documentary's premiere was on 22nd April 2013 in Los Angeles, California."

"The video has not been released on DVD yet. People can still rent the video for 72 hours. Dollars are involved here. This presentation COSTS MONEY! However, those small details appear to have eluded Darren Perks, Investigative Researcher, Broadcaster and Media Contributor!

On 28th April 2013 the Sirius documentary was reviewed on Planet X Live by Planet X Team Member Darren Perks. Perks directed listeners to go to the Planet X Forums to obtain a copy of the Sirius documentary. The sound clip of part of this review and the invitation to view the full documentary may be heard below........"

Full story on our XUT site: SIRIUS - The Movie

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join