It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake BBC UFO Investigator Darren Perks .. Created by the Media?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
www.loveshrewsbury.com...

The alleged well known UFO investigator Darren Perks now claims
to had witnessed the 1993 UK UFO incident. Perks also claims
to have had a long term involvement as a leading British ufologist

and claims to be a dedicated UFO skwatcher who has networked
with the UFO community about UFO sightings since the mid 90`s.

Darren Perks was with involved with Shaun Ryder`s spurious UFO
documentary venture and is now involved in the new BBC documentary
programme about Area 51 and UFO research with the unfunny comedian
Andrew Maxwell, with the same production team, of the BBC 7/7 Conspiracy Road Trip.

Darren Perks appears as a fake UFO Investigator with ufological research history dating only from 2007.

His claims to be a witness to the alleged 1993 Cosford UK UFO incident are
very suspicious. A fake role playing media puppet or genuine leading UFO researcher?

edit on 14-10-2012 by deprogrammer because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-15-2012 by Springer because: Added "2007" for accuracy.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Did you see the 7/7 road trip?

They disproved every point that they chose to tackle.

Yet, the patsy plot, which has the most substance - was not mentioned.

I personally knew 2 of the bombers, and seen the dramatic change they went through after going to Pakistan- But i also know that these idiots couldn't of pulled that off on their own.

So, I don;t think this documentary will be any different, I think we will see some points brought up which are pretty easily dismissed. Leaving the believer feeling ripped off and the none believer to prop their seat up more on their high horse.

Always the case with these type of documentaries, they leave more questions than they answer

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

Always the case with these type of documentaries, they leave more questions than they answer

Some sponsored BBC production team is creating these hit pieces.

All I can find ufologically ..about Darren Perks is that he was involved
in the Channel 5 documentary about the 1993 Cosford UK UFO incident
with Nick Pope in 2009. No evidence before that date.

I hope ufology is not hijacked by 'odious documentaries' as a self surviving media outlet.

I also hope Mr Perks has been a genuine ufologist that can assist UFO research.

Unfortunately, Darren Perks has no ufological history and is a puppet media wannabe
for the crass BBC / Renegade productions that will serve UFO research no use whatsover.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

Yet, the patsy plot, which has the most substance - was not mentioned.

I personally knew 2 of the bombers, and seen the dramatic change they went through after going to Pakistan- But i also know that these idiots couldn't of pulled that off on their own.

So, I don;t think this documentary will be any different, I think we will see some points brought up which are pretty easily dismissed. Leaving the believer feeling ripped off and the none believer to prop their seat up more on their high horse.

I saw that program, propaganda made my blood boil

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFOShropshire
If you actually read about Darren Perks properly and stop talking rubbish, you will see that he has been investigating and researching the UFO subject since 2007. So your comment is completely usless.

He may not have been around as long as some of the other well known ufologists but he is of the next generation of ufologists who take a new apporach to the subject and investigate and research in different ways. How many of the so called well known old school ufo investigators actually and physically go out and do sky watches, animal mutilation investigation, crop circles, abductions etc etc. There is not many.

Also I should point out that he has a very good legal team and your comment is seen as a defamation of character...

My advice would be for you to either remove it or change your comment wording.

He is certainly not fake at all and if you look at his work you will see that what he does is very much real.

Darren?

All of Darren's articles are from 2012. I know dozens of UK Ufologists that have more credibility than this guy [you]

They could of chose somebody better, for Christ's, sake there's better researchers here on ATS with more history and knowledge of UFO's and Government cover ups.

Edit to add:

Guys, honestly I think that's Darren..

This is darren's site:www.ufoshropshire.co.uk

And this is Darrens Youtube channel: www.youtube.com... - Which is also called UFOShropshire..

Welcome to ATS Daz

I'd be interested as to know why you closed you're old youtube accounts, and then set up a really crap one - with vids filmed in 2011, to then be posted over a year later which are really crap - Also as to why you have deleted over 10 of you're claimed UFO videos.

If people go to his twitter account, scroll down to dates 11th Feb 2012- 27th Oct 2011, you will see Darren has linked over ten videos to his own youtube channel - all of which have been taken down.
edit on 15-10-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I wouldnt trust anything made by the BBC. Especially not when those shows relates to alternative subjects like UFOs and cover-ups.

This is just their way of messing with the minds of those who are waking up to these kinds of things and starting to question the official stories. Just so some guy can pipe up in a conversation and say ''I watched a show on BBC lately and they found...''

Just like those little adds 'Days That Shook The World', just to remind us of what the 'truth' is.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Darren does not post everything himself on social media and crap forums like ATS who quite frankly have Government spies working for them behind the scenes....

He has only this year really started writing articles to be frank as it was something I know he didn't have much of an interest in doing.

UFO Shropshire has a wide reach and many members some of which are quite credible.

You don't have to be like all the other ufologists and write everything going and be around for 30 years to be recognised for what you do. It's how you go about your own research and investigation yourself.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Darren does not post everything himself on social media and crap forums like ATS who quite frankly have Government spies working for them behind the scenes....

He has only this year really started writing articles to be frank as it was something I know he didn't have much of an interest in doing.

UFO Shropshire has a wide reach and many members some of which are quite credible.

You don't have to be like all the other ufologists and write everything going and be around for 30 years to be recognised for what you do. It's how you go about your own research and investigation yourself.

I hope the Government spies have a link to ATS that does not involve having to click off a zillion ads. Otherwise good luck to them.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
My apologies Darren Perks, you stood your ground and was very direct. I feel bad for pointing the finger so fast, sorry giddy

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by deprogrammer
www.loveshrewsbury.com...

The alleged well known UFO investigator Darren Perks now claims to had witnessed the 1993 UK UFO incident. Perks also claims to have had a long term involvement as a leading British ufologist and claims to be a dedicated UFO skwatcher who has networked with the UFO community about UFO sightings since the mid 90`s.

Darren Perks was with involved with Shaun Ryder`s spurious UFO documentary venture and is now involved in the new BBC documentary programme about Area 51 and UFO research with the unfunny comedian Andrew Maxwell, with the same production team, of the BBC 7/7 Conspiracy Road Trip.

Darren Perks appears as a fake UFO Investigator with ufological research history dating only from 2007.

His claims to be a witness to the alleged 1993 Cosford UK UFO incident are very suspicious. A fake role playing media puppet or genuine leading UFO researcher?

edit on 10-15-2012 by Springer because: Added "2007" for accuracy.

Never heard of this guy and just now I did a Google search. I selected Wikipedia and the page wouldn't download. I then selected Huffinton Post and, again, the page wouldn't download.

Strange.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I've met Darren on a few occasions- socially through friends in Shrewsbury ( about 8-9 years ago) and then every so often afterwards, (we used to frequent the same pubs on a weekend).
In that time ive thought of his as a decent enough person, hes only still a young person and he has made his share of mistakes, as we all have done whilst growing up.
He now seems to be doing something he enjoys and actually has a good input into- whether or not he is 'qualified ' enough to be an expert is another matter- what is an expert in ufology?? does the fact that someone has been writing about ufology for 10-20-30 years make them an expert in the field? how can you define an 'expert'in this field? what are the defining qualifications that enable people to set themselves up as 'experts'?
I think that Darren has entered this field through a genuine interest- his enthusiasm might be what has prompted television producers to define him as an expert and then 'charlatened' him by their ludicrous shows- why have Saun Ryder ( who is a seriously f@cked up drug addled 'musician') or Danny Dyer ( another ridiculous figure who has gained infamy in the UK as a 'hardman' actor with a cockney accent) (re; i believe in UFOs) or a comedian that no one has ever heard of got to do with serious Ufology?? the answer is nothing.
However, in order to sell a bit of credibility to these nothing shows, an expert had to be seen to give thoughts, opinions etc.... what better person to choose than an up and coming enthusiast who wants to share his thoughts and experiences...someone that will have a go at media coverage and maybe be green enough so that he can be dismissed as a fraud, kook etc..
Before you all start coming down hard on someone due to lack of 'credibility', published articles, book sales etc... how about remembering how we all feel about what we believe and how much of a risk it is to bare your beliefs in front of a population that are very ready to laugh and ridicule you.
everyone is an amateur at first.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
It's clearly some media guy trying to establish himself in a particular field.

I dont think theres any harm in new people moving into the field whether they are an established face or not (and regardless of whether it is as a media career move or genuine interest) as it brings more substance to the topic overall; provided of course that they arent the lunatic fringe, and instead work with facts rather than bizarre theories and unsubstantiated claims.

Sadly if ufoshropshire (the poster on this thread) is any indication then the guy is shaping the wrong way as a consequence of attempts to big his reputation up beyond what it legitimately should be at this time and is being caught out.

I guess we will have to wait and see what kind of investigations and documentaries this guy comes up with and judge thereafter.
edit on 17-10-2012 by InsertNameHere because: removed duplicate word.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOShropshire

Go on admit it you work for the beeb don`t you?

either that or your Darren Perks(never heard of him)

I would not trust a thing coming out of the bbc btw,if they told me
it was Monday I`d check my calendar!
edit on 17-10-2012 by Elmer_Dinkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Text

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A comment on the BBC UFO Conspiracy Road Trip progamme - separate from Above
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 'BBC UFO Conspiracy Road Trip' pissed on the graves of all the dead UFO researchers

and did the same insult to all the conspiracy researchers of present time for a free holiday via BBC media

with a bunch of chumps that also fancied a free holiday
on the BBC biased show to talk / role play utter garbage.

A geniune UFO investigator would not defend the 'BBC UFO Conspiracy Road Trip'
programme and was the most biased programme to insult the UFO phenomena.

Everyone is disgusted with the cretinous dialogue,
BBC bias, and role playing participants as UFO experts.

The alleged 'AREA 51 arrest' was a fake incident promoted by the media and BBC.

Not one person was charged for this alleged security incident and it has since been admitted

this was a flexible stage managed 'photo opportunity' to coincide with the BBC UFO Road Trip.

Everything was fake about the BBC UFO Conspiracy Road Trip Programme.

edit on 17-10-2012 by deprogrammer because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2012 by deprogrammer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Darren Perks is an absolute fake an seems to know nothing about actual UFOs. He even stole the name UFOShropshire from an actual UFO researcher on youtube!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Code6
Darren Perks is an absolute fake an seems to know nothing about actual UFOs. He even stole the name UFOShropshire from an actual UFO researcher on youtube!

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

A NEW GENERATION OF UFOLOGISTS?

apparently ATS is crap .. and so are the experienced UFO Investigators
as stated in the shoddy and dismal Huffington Post article in the link above

So we now ..must fabricate a sighting to get on TV ... Do a silly dance in Area 51
by the instruction of the crew of a cynical hit piece on BBC UFO Conspiracy Road Trip

whilst shouting ..''show us your aliens''

What a wonderful new generation of Ufologists and UFO investigators

The secret government must be quaking in their boots.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Code6

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

A NEW GENERATION OF UFOLOGISTS?

apparently ATS is crap .. and so are the experienced UFO Investigators
as stated in the shoddy and dismal Huffington Post article in the link above

So we now ..must fabricate a sighting to get on TV ... Do a silly dance in Area 51
by the instruction of the crew of a cynical hit piece on BBC UFO Conspiracy Road Trip

whilst shouting ..''show us your aliens''

What a wonderful new generation of Ufologists and UFO investigators

The secret government must be quaking in their boots.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOShropshire

If this is the guy who went on the road trip to America, please explain how come he didn't know not to cross the line at area 51. This is something everybody knows.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LEL01

silverscreensaucers.blogspot.co.uk...

'' I WAS THERE TO DEBUNK FOR THE BBC ...THE CONSPIRACY UFO NUTJOBS '' (Link above)

The BBC conspiracy Road Trip 'Hit Piece' programmes with the unfortunate and

the shallow and unfunny Irish comedian Andrew Maxwell who actually hates you.

We have testimony to the vile BBC media agenda against geniune conspiracy theories.

Is genuine UFO research about to be the victim of 'new goons' via a a BBC holiday Road Trip?

These self acclaimed 'new generation of UFO researchers' are people who will say anything
to get on TV , media ..news ..and fabricate anything to attain media attention and freebies.

Recruit any characters who are willing to self promote themselves and they will say anything!

The shame of the BBC Road Trip episodes are rarely voiced by participants or even victims.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join