It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we get a pet monkey?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

It wouldnt have been kept in a cage, it would have had its own room.

But either way and even in a huge enclosure it still would be mean.

Maybe I can find a really hairy girl to have a baby with and raise it like a monkey?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by MaMaa

It wouldnt have been kept in a cage, it would have had its own room.

But either way and even in a huge enclosure it still would be mean.

Maybe I can find a really hairy girl to have a baby with and raise it like a monkey?

LOL Even worse.. it could get out of that room with little effort I'm sure. I guess the idea just seems wrong to me. It would be like me bringing home a mountain lion or something.

LOL... hmm a hairy girl eh? LOL I guess humans could just be thought of as naked monkeys..

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I can't believe anyone replied to this thread.Anyone with a half of a brain knows Monkeys do not make good pets.Way to troll for stars and flags,Op.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

reply to post by mamabeth

Hey Mama,

That was my concern as well but it Ive been told that the monkeys you can get here have been domestic for quite a few generations and have lost most of that destructive tendency.

The guy who wants the monkey knows of a house monkey that has never been any trouble other than the occasional feces related accident, No houses over here have carpet so not really a big issue for me
As long as he has his toys and a tv he seems happy.

Let me get this straight? You want to get a monkey, for the pure purpose of amusement? What benefit will you gain by living with a primate?, Did you know that there's domestic pets like dogs and cats?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Soon you'll feel the need to name the monkey.
Being part of the family you'll want to give him a choice, so you'll hand him over a book and say "choose your name".
The monkey will open the book and choose the name Caesar.
Before you know it, Caesar will be teaching all the other monkeys how to talk!
In the end "# off" is what you'll get from Caesar as he back flips his way out the top window, on route to make all humans slaves and once and for all establish, the planet of the apes.

That's the cons, the pros are you can send it to fetch your car keys, stuff like that.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

I can't believe anyone replied to this thread.Anyone with a half of a brain knows Monkeys do not make good pets.Way to troll for stars and flags,Op.

Not sure where you are but here many people have monkeys as pets,

We get all types on here and as I hoped there were people who had experiences with pet monkeys. I got the advice I was after and after hearing what people had to say and doing my own research I agree that it would be unfair to keep one as a pet.

I thank you for your rather rude and pointless contribution

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow

Let me get this straight? You want to get a monkey, for the pure purpose of amusement? What benefit will you gain by living with a primate?, Did you know that there's domestic pets like dogs and cats?

I wanted a monkey for the same reason I wanted a cat and dog, I like animals.

Once again after doing some proper research I know its not a good idea

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Hey yall,

Just found out today we got the penthouse we wanted

Its 4000 sqft 5 bed and 6 bath (not relevant to the story just wanted to share)

So anyway myself and my flatmate found the place and we have a friend here we would like to share with, we discussed it tonight and 1 of the topics that came up was pets.
Like most Australians growing up Ive always had at least 1 pet in my house, I normally prefer dogs but since Ive been in Malaysia Ive only lived in apartments and felt it wasnt fair to have a dog inside all the time so cats have been the way forward.

My flatmate says she has never been a fan of cats and wants to get a small dog, she assures me she will walk it everyday so I feel its ok, weve decided to get a puppy and kitten together so they grow up friendly and have company.
Now the guy weve decided to move in with us wants a monkey, Being honest it sounds FRICKEN AWESOME!!!!!!
Seriously how cool would it be to have a monkey?

Before posting this I checked out a few sites that had info on monkeys as pets and other than the commitment being longer than a dog or cat and monkeys needing more stimulation it doesnt seem to hard.

So I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with monkeys as pets and could maybe offer some advice or warnings?

I would love one but would it be happy?

It is legal to have certain breeds of pet monkeys here and they are bought from dealers.
Most likely to get a spider monkey or a capuchian due to them both being very docile and tame.

Any thoughts?

Dude, you can't just get 1 monkey they are social animals you need to get at least 2. Otherwise they get lonely and depressed

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

After being an animal lover all my life,with everything that I've read about exotic animals and watching nature specials on them. I of am the firm belief that ALL wild and exotic animals should be banned from human ownership.I don't care if its a snake. It was never intended to sit in a glass cage and fed by humans.Much less the lower and higher primates.Big cats don't fair well either.In fact any of the animals of this kind just lead totally unnatural lives when we pen them up and have them depending on us for everything.And loving animals like I do,I would love to keep all kinds of pretty and cute wild creatures,but it just wouldn't be fair to them.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
i hate monkeys,filthy,aggressive animals,its like having an angry,retarded teenager in your house that you can not reason with.the only good place for a monkey is in a laboratory or a nice and spicy monkey brain soup.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I know i shouldn't but i laughed when i saw the response from yyzyyz123, i guess this was your sense of humour? if so, it was much appreciated.

Unfortunately many people tend to forget that we are also primates : Besides similar anatomy and behavior, there is DNA evidence. It confirms that humans are primates and that modern humans and chimpanzees diverged from a common ancestor between 8 and 6 million years ago. There is only about a 1.2 percent genetic difference between modern humans and chimpanzees throughout much of their genetic code. (So the comment about angry although i wouldn't say retarded teenager is quite true! (i have a 13 year old one at home!).

For the original poster of this thread "IkNOwSTuff", you made a wise decision in not choosing a monkey, they are better left in the wild where they belong, if other people like yourself made the same wise decision there would be much much less exotic animal smuggling going on, leading to people eventually abandoning the animals when they reach adult age and they find that they are unable to cope with the animals natural instincts.

Personally i have reared different species of primates for conservational reasons and can tell you that certain species might look all cute and cuddly when they are still young but once reached adult age... then all hell lets loose!

Good luck for the flat warming... by the way, if you are still looking for a hairy woman i hear plane flights to Portugal are quite cheap at the moment!? (Erm... pure humour... no offense intended )

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

no,i am serious,i love spicy monkey soup.add a dash of powdered rhino horn and 1 or 2 tsp of tiger penis(preferably bengal)its to die for.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
My friend growing up had a monkey, he also had a house that stank like fecies as the monkey would whip dirty diapers everywhere, and pee where ever if felt appropriate. He also had new scratches all over his face when I seen him. Then there were the couple of times it escaped the house! You ever try to chase a monkey thru the woods? Not fun well for 12 year olds it was kinda fun but as a adult I wouldn't think so anymore.

In short don't get a monkey

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Yuk... how disgusting!

I prefer skinned boiled cats myself "Quangzhou style" ;-)

Oh dear, we are going to get into trouble now i guess!?

Sheepish smiles to all

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

you would love pag pag then.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Absolutely...

Topped off with a nice steaming mug of Kopi Luwak :

There is no beating around the bush on this one – Kopi Luwak are coffee beans that come from Civet (a cat sized mamal) poo. The animals gorge on only the finest the ripe berries, and excrete the partially-digested beans, which are then harvested for sale. Kopi Luwak is the most expensive coffee in the world, selling for between $120 and $600 USD per pound, and is sold mainly in Japan and United States, but it is increasingly becoming available elsewhere. The beans are washed, and given only a light roast so as to not destroy the complex flavors that develop through the process.

Bon appetit

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join