It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we get a pet monkey?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have experience with a monkey as a pet and it wasnt good. we had a pet spider monkey when i was a child and they bite hard lol and crap everywhere there moody and not a good pet and can get very violent without notice we had to give ours too a zoo as it became very angry often after it was fully grown. as a baby it was alot of fun like a human baby lovable and all that but that change when it became an adult.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at

Great!!!!!!!!!!

After watching that I now want 4 monkeys

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

Not good, Im googling as much as I can right now and it doesnt seem like a great idea

I really wanted a monkey though

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

As a kid, I had a pet squirrel monkey. She was an incredible pet. I loved her dearly. Moneys make really good pets, I just wouldn't suggest getting one big enough to rip your face off if it gets mad.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Maybe a sloth would be easier:

They're always hugging you!

Bit of info.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
One of the scariest things I have ever seen.

edit on 14-10-2012 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Quick answer, hells ye you should get a monkey! Monkeys are awesome!

-SAP-

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

As a kid, I had a pet squirrel monkey. She was an incredible pet. I loved her dearly. Moneys make really good pets, I just wouldn't suggest getting one big enough to rip your face off if it gets mad.

First positive response

So what happened to the monkey?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Originally posted by billy197300

First positive response

So what happened to the monkey?

Well, I would let her out every afternoon to run around and play. She would just run around and come back home after a few hours. One day I let her out and a while later I heard a loud screech and my monkey screaming..........I ran outside and she was being eaten by a mountain lion. My dad shot the mountain lion, but not in time to save her. It was sad, I still miss her sometimes and that was 25 years ago.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
My husband had a pet monkey when he was a teenager. They get into everything and they bite. There is no way a monkey will be truly happy living in a house or an enclosure of any kind. If you can't mimic a jungle in your home, you shouldn't have a monkey.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Sorry to hear that dude

Was hoping for a happier ending than that,

just did some googling and unfortunately we cant get squirrel monkeys over here but they do seem better as pets than the options available

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
My husband had a pet monkey when he was a teenager. They get into everything and they bite. There is no way a monkey will be truly happy living in a house or an enclosure of any kind. If you can't mimic a jungle in your home, you shouldn't have a monkey.

I know

Guess Im still hoping to hear from someone who has a happy story about a pet monkey that died of old age.

Havent even found any on google

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

All of these people posting about monkeys being mean and biting aren't realizing something. Animals have different personalities unique to the individual, just like we do. Before you get a pet, make sure you know its personality first. My monkey was a sweetheart, she didn't bite me or any of my family one time. She would hug you and pet you to death, that's about it. That goes for pets in general, not just monkeys.
edit on 10/14/2012 by billy197300 because: added a little

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Yes you should .. if you want your house trashed.
lol

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Me thinks NO!!

my former employee, had a monkey.. it was her husbands before they got married..

it drank,, it smoked cigars-- (all with her husbands help)

and one day when her husband wasn't home.. it got into the dishes and glassware-----

she came home to a house full of broken glass, and a freak-in mess..

She was so mad, she grabbed that monkey by the neck.. and Choked the living life out of it..

literally....

she disposed of the body before her husband came home-,, opened a window..-

and then spent the next few weeks passing out (missing Monkey) flyers to neighbors, with her devastated, husband...

Do YOU want THAT to happen to you??

Do YOU want a dead monkey.. on YOUR hands??

edit on 10/14/12 by darrman because: spellenglish

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
NO!

Stick to Cats & Dogs.

Just MO.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman

Me thinks NO!!

my former employee, had a monkey.. it was her husbands before they got married..

it drank,, it smoked cigars-- (all with her husbands help)

and one day when her husband wasn't home.. it got into the dishes and glassware-----

she came home to a house full of broken glass, and a freak-in mess..

She was so mad, she grabbed that monkey by the neck.. and Choked the living life out of it..

literally....

she disposed of the body before her husband came home-,, opened a window..-

and then spent the next few weeks passing out (missing Monkey) flyers to neighbors, with her devastated, husband...

Do YOU want THAT to happen to you??

Do YOU want a dead monkey.. on YOUR hands??

Dead monkey washes off your hands easily...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Have officially decided its not a good idea,

I had a picture in my head of this cute little slightly mischievous hairy dude in my house I could play catch and stuff with.
It turns out that is a tad unrealistic LOL

They are just too clever to keep as indoor pets and it wouldnt be happy from what Ive read.

Gonna have to stick to kitten and puppy, On the upside Ive seen youtube videos of kitten and puppy punch ons and they seem like they could be hours of entertainment

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Seriously?? Is this a joke?? Monkeys are wild animals, not pets. I would worry what they would do to the other pets. Or the simple fact that a monkey is not meant to be in a cage, what a miserable existence for a monkey.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join