Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

William Koch, Billionaire Koch Brother, Accused Of Imprisoning Executive

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
William Koch, Billionaire Koch Brother, Accused Of Imprisoning Executive

Billionaire William Koch is facing a lawsuit in federal court from a former top-level employee who claims the energy mogul lured him to a secluded property, where he was imprisoned and interrogated for a period of time, according to a report in Courthouse News. John Houston Scott, an attorney for Kirby Martenson, a former executive for a number of Koch subsidiaries, confirmed the story to HuffPost, adding that he guessed the case could go to trial in a year. The case was filed in San Francisco, where the Republican-backing Kochs are not deeply popular. Martensen alleges that the multiple-day-long incident was set off by an anonymous letter accusing Martensen of mismanaging and stealing from Oxbow Carbon & Minerals International while serving as the company's vice president. That accusation prompted the company's leadership to read Martensen's letters and emails without his knowledge, the suit charges, which led the company to discover that Martensen had deep reservations about the legality of the company's tax avoidance strategies.

How nice if you're a billionaire you can kidnap people at will. What did this guy do that was wrong? Question if the Koch brothers were doing something illegal. To make it even worst the local head pig was in on it also.

Martensen had a flight booked from Aspen, but was not permitted to travel to the airport, he claims, as a local sheriff worked with Koch's employees to "make sure you don't wander off," according to the complaint.

If this turns out to be true Koch and the pig should be behind bars. If Martensen did defraud the company he should do time also but that in no way gives Koch the right to do what he did.
edit on 14-10-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I read about this yesterday. Seems like standard drama inside large capital corporations. As far as the whole "kidnapping" allegation, the person accusing said that "he thought the people with him were armed" but didn't claim he actually saw a gun.

So the corporate team takes a guy and gives him the third degree (when evidence points to him defrauding a company for millions) and suddenly he is a "victim"?

It may very well be that the Koch Bros were trying to evade taxes (as most large capital institutions do) but as far as the kidnapping allegations go and the person involved being some innocent fellow targeted by Koch, forgive my skepticism....

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

How nice if you're a billionaire you can kidnap people at will. What did this guy do that was wrong? Question if the Koch brothers were doing something illegal. To make it even worst the local head pig was in on it also.

I find it highly amusing that you support a President who thinks it is okay to kidnap American citizens, deny them the right to a trial, and even kill them! Does the NDAA ring a bell?

But yet you attack those who contribute money to the cause who do the same thing??

If this story is in fact true, the Koch brothers need to be arrested and put in prison! Just as our POTUS who has done MUCH WORSE!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I guess you guys did get the memo, so here it is.

" the laws of this land are only meant to apply to the peons, those without political connections, media fame, or million dollar portfolios" - U.S. Government

Ok I just made that up but it does seem to be what they are saying to us most of the time.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yeah this does not pass the smell test why didn't he call the police once he was released if he was kidnapped?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

I find it highly amusing that you support a President who thinks it is okay to kidnap American citizens, deny them the right to a trial, and even kill them! Does the NDAA ring a bell?

But yet you attack those who contribute money to the cause who do the same thing??

If this story is in fact true, the Koch brothers need to be arrested and put in prison! Just as our POTUS who has done MUCH WORSE!!!

Who said I support the president?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Ummmm, all one has to do is look at your "past" posts! Or our you denying that you support him? What is it?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Yeah this does not pass the smell test why didn't he call the police once he was released if he was kidnapped?

Rich vs. rich, settle their grievances in civil court. Which makes a lot more sense in my opinion (resolving issues). Criminal court is only for poor vs poor and rich vs poor....

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Ummmm, all one has to do is look at your "past" posts! Or our you denying that you support him? What is it?

Just because a person points out things that are being posted wrong about Obama hardly means they support him. I just like pissing off the supporters of the GOP because they are backing the wrong candidate. Ron Paul should have gotten the nod to run for president. I have always said that I am voting for Ron Paul.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Seeing how Koch has the local sheriff in his pocket would it have done any good?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Brothers? It was just one, William... Not sure why you want to go after both...
edit on 14-10-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The thing I find rather odd is that martenson has brought federal suit against Koch, however Koch has claimed that martenson commited fraud and theft against his company......yet no charges or law suit filed against martenson. Seems kinda odd to me.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
There is NO LIMIT with dirty game the Koch brothers have been playing.

There was a GREAT documentary titled something like: "Koch brothers Exposed". Its a great watch. They are truly scum, and are funding the Republicans BIG TIME. One must ask WHY??

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

This isn't about Obama.

Please stop with the distractions.

The Koch brothers are evil, scum-sucking fascists that have no place influencing American politics, much like all the other psychopathic CEOs that wish to do so.

top topics

join