It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What? No Walking Dead premiere for me!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
So I was checking out my dvr schedule to see if the Walking Dead was scheduled to record, and low and behold Amc channels disappear from the Dishnetwork line up.

So like anyone I googled to see what was going on, and sure enough found this:

Dish Network's blackout of AMC Networks may last more than nine weeks.

Yet a month after the clock ran out on Dish and AMC Networks' carriage agreement — which laid out the price that Dish will pay AMC for content — neither company has stepped into the ring. The impasse proves that Dish's AMC blackout has little to do the cost of programming, and almost everything to do with an ongoing legal battle between the two companies.

tech.fortune.cnn.com...

So two companies fighting over money, and I don't get to watch one of my favorite tv shows of all time!

How rude those money grubing censored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This bites!!!!!!!!!!

So does Dishnetwork!!!!!!!!
edit on 14-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I get cable and AMC has been advertising for awhile that for those who get DISH they won't be able to watch it! Not sure of the politics that are involved in it though......

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by neo96

I get cable and AMC has been advertising for awhile that for those who get DISH they won't be able to watch it! Not sure of the politics that are involved in it though......

Yeah figure Directtv and cable subscribers would be able to watch it, the real stink is use to be a cable subscriber!

Shoulda stayed with em.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

We were considering switching to Dish until this situation came about. Not only do they not have AMC but also several other channels including IFC- which I watch a lot.

I get mad at Time Warner all the time, but at least they always have everything I want to watch!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
just watch it online.
Usually within 30 minutes of showing you can find it on projectfreetv.
Hope this helps, Falling Skies kicks a$$

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
AMC has a humorous announcement saying all those of us who do not have dish should invite our neighbors who do over to watch their programming. I watch Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Hell on Wheels, etc. and would be pissed if I had Dish.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Oh that really stinks! I agree it is an awesome show. Will you try to watch it later from an online source? I know it isn't the same, especially when looking forward to a season premiere.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Will you try to watch it later from an online source?

Yes I will and reminds me people please do not post online streaming links unless it is from the broadcaster themsevles those others violate ATS TC.

edit on 14-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
i watched this show for the first time this weekend at my folks house,and it just looks like
another (bad) premise for a soap opera type show!!!!
forgive me,i'm not a zombie fan!
but this show just reminded me of the young and the restless,with a few zombies
thrown in.
any way...NEXT!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think AMC itself is going to allow you to view it online..Maybe only for tonight but I think I read somewhere that they are allowing people to view in real time online.

AMC

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Also, look for small neighborhood theaters, especially if you have pub theater around your area. I know the one up the street from me will be showing the season.

edit on 14-10-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
reply to post by neo96

I think AMC itself is going to allow you to view it online..Maybe only for tonight but I think I read somewhere that they are allowing people to view in real time online.

AMC

Yeah 1 time only, and thanks I missed that on their site.

thanks.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

LOL. Dish. Switch to Direct TV. Dish is garbage. You may pay more with Direct but at least you get quality. You get what you pay for

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah figure Directtv and cable subscribers would be able to watch it, the real stink is use to be a cable subscriber!

I have DirecTV….would you like me to tell you what happened?

DISH is probably being greedy and lowballing them. They have to be misers; that’s how they offer lower rates than DTV. I’m sure the “legal battle” has to do with the price they’re willing to pay…what else would it be?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by neo96

I have DirecTV….would you like me to tell you what happened?

DISH is probably being greedy and lowballing them. They have to be misers; that’s how they offer lower rates than DTV. I’m sure the “legal battle” has to do with the price they’re willing to pay…what else would it be?

No spoilers!

Yeah Dish is being greedy!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Where the heck have you been? This has been a topic of discussion for months. One of the reasons I switched.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
What a difference a week made guess who is carrying AMC again?

Seems those Ceo's at Dishnetwork and AMC read my thread

Just kidding!!!!

One happy camper i am

edit on 21-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join