It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Noise - One year after Occupy - last wake up call to politicians, banks and corporations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Since last year, I have avidly followed the developments of the Occupy Movement, the economical systematic destruction of the Middle Class, the politician' s inability to show social courage acting as if black-mailed instead, the gap between rich and poor widens by the day and the political so-called representatives no matter which side seem to know only one cure, austerity mainly imposed on the disadvantaged, working poor and middle class.

The method to market those measures is not less evil, criminalizing the poor and manipulating the electorate, it is so sickening since those meant to represent are feeling more committed to the lobby money than to their own electorate.

Good to know that the People have not given up and are still making Global Noise.
Curious to see how this is going to develop, what are your thoughts and predictions fellow ATS members?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
"Give us your stuff and be nicer!!" I don't want politicians helping me out. I want freedom. Occupy wants a daddy.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekerMike

Would you agree also that at this stage it is unfair to pay, at least here in Europe up to 50% in taxes, for things that do not represent my opinions, like war or bail-outs, I would be fairly happy to give this money rather to charity instead or straight to disadvantaged, be able at least to decide where it goes
edit on 14-10-2012 by starseedflower because: no reason

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

the economical systematic destruction of the Middle Class

So they're destroying the Middle Class in a way that is thrifty and not wasteful of money?

The above guy is correct that the Occupy movement is looking for a sugar daddy.

As for paying taxes towards things that you do not agree with I am sure there are people who dislike paying taxes for things that you like.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I got a report handed to me just this Friday to warn me of riots within Europe & UK like we have never seen before, these coming riots with make the Poll Tax riots look like a birthday party.
The people are sick of having to pat yet another £200 per year for Gas & Electric, food going up by 40% per year, Cameron telling us inflation is just 3% when power is up by 10% alone, we are going to get it bad here we had a taste of country wide riots last year, been told it will start around 12th of Dec.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by starseedflower
reply to post by TruthSeekerMike

Would you agree also that at this stage it is unfair to pay, at least here in Europe up to 50% in taxes, for things that do not represent my opinions, like war or bail-outs, I would be fairly happy to give this money rather to charity instead or straight to disadvantaged, be able at least to decide where it goes
edit on 14-10-2012 by starseedflower because: no reason

Hoo boy, you've attracted some tough trolls on this thread already.
I didn't know about Global Noise, though. Thank you for bringing it to attention. This movement just hasn't hit the US, partly because of the looming Presidential election, but also because most Americans are pretty apathetic these days.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

Look .... the government is there to SERVE the PEOPLE , they are in power because we pay them, through taxes, do you know what happens to unprofitable employees on the free market ? They get time to better themselves and to perform and if not, they get fired.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by starseedflower
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

the government is there to SERVE the PEOPLE , they are in power because we pay them, through taxes

If you can prove that you'll have a best selling book and speaking tour of all the fancy political colleges and leagues.

I enjoy the lip-service, but fail to see that has been the case. Ever.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeekerMike
"Give us your stuff and be nicer!!" I don't want politicians helping me out. I want freedom. Occupy wants a daddy.

Damn...

Talk about summing it up in one sentence. Big star from me.

Occupy proved to be nothing more than a leftist temper tantrum.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Your grand naivety shouldn't sit well with anyone... It's unfortunate to say the least.

When I, the People, learn to remember, when I, the
People, use the lessons of yesterday and no longer
forget who robbed me last year, who played me for
a fool--then there will be no speaker in all the world
say the name: "The People," with any fleck of a
sneer in his voice or any far-off smile of derision.
The mob--the crowd--the mass--will arrive then.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
What if everyone refused to pay debt? Tell the Banksters to stick it!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by starseedflower

The world is in the rumblings of waking up. Change is coming and the Fourth Estate will fall...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by QueSeraSera

It has hit the US, this is an Occupy protest carried out across the Planet. It is smaller here than Europe though... for the reasons you stated.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Yes the "mob" the "mass".

Because that worked so well for the French didnt it? Nothing but good things came from the French Revolution. If you consider Napoleon a good thing.

new topics

top topics

join