It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky TV (UK)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I used to be with Sky tv here in the UK but got fed up paying the high prices so left and just kept the broadband because we can get unlimited downloads and the speeds are pretty good where I live.
Anyway, I got a 50% off if came back to them but no way was it good enough.
A few weeks ago they sent me a 75% off including movies and sports etc so it is a good deal and I took it.
A week ago a letter arrived saying I can buy the new 2TB box for a reduced price of £45 instead of the usual £245+ they wanted.
I phoned yesterday and the first caller that answered me cut me off in my promise when I explained about the letter.
Second idiot said I had to pay the full amount as it was for new customers only and not returning customers.
My wife who was upstairs at the time heard me shouting at him to cancel everything if that was the case as I had a copy of the email in front of me. I told him to shove it where the sun doesn't shine and put me on to someone who knows what they are talking about and not a little boy who has just left school.
He put me on to the disconnection dept and after a lot of explaining on my part and him probably making a coffee while listening, said he would go to ask his manager .
That is the oldest trick in the book saying that, so anyway, he came back and said I can get it at the discounted price because of said email. I'm glad I kept it.
I was on the phone for 90 mins but it was a free call anyway, but I was livid with them until I got a result!
Meant to say, with the deal I first got, I also got £50 off my bill as well so I am a happy bunny

Rant over..

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Cant stand Sky, never have, never will.

I've got Freeview, but.....I also have an Xbox 360 with Sky Player connected to my friends account (Sky can be assigned to 2 external devices for free) which gives me all the sports and movie channels for guess what....absolutely zilch!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Eventually they'll raise prices on you in some way anyway, so eventually you'll lose.

Sorry to say.

When you get a deal always read the fine print.

That's where they'll nab you.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Eventually they'll raise prices on you in some way anyway, so eventually you'll lose.

Sorry to say.

When you get a deal always read the fine print.

That's where they'll nab you.

I know what you are saying, I have to keep it for 12 months, but after that, ta ta sky and I will be back to Freesat.
I am watching my sky bills like a hawk and if they charge me a penny more than they should, it will stop before the year is out....

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
Cant stand Sky, never have, never will.

I've got Freeview, but.....I also have an Xbox 360 with Sky Player connected to my friends account (Sky can be assigned to 2 external devices for free) which gives me all the sports and movie channels for guess what....absolutely zilch!

Excellent!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Good job!

Getting put through to the retentions department (what you call disconnections) is the main goal of any phone call with these kinds of companies, as thats where the people work that are actually trying to keep your business and be nice, they also seem to be the only ones that have any power to make deals.

We are on virgin broadband / TV and we've managed more then a couple of times to get our monthly bill reduced quite drastically by phoning them telling them we are going to move to sky and having sky's newest deal prices in front of us, giving them something to aim for

Obviously you cant do it that often though they might get a bit annoyed after a while

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Little update:
As usual, Sky are saying the offer has finished but can't give me a definite date when it was. Also, for some reason, the email they sent me has gone missing from their records even though I said I can send them a copy of it.
To cut a very long story short, I phoned today and caller said he would phone back at 4pm. He didn't which I expected so I phoned them again and got on to one of their head people supposedly . He eventually said because I have the email, plus I have been told twice I can get it at the reduced price, they will honour this for me.
He also said he would get into the system and sort it and phone me back shortly.
An hour or so later I am still waiting. I already told them where to shove the sky tv package if I don't get it but to keep broadband until next year because we will get the fibre optic then and I will go elsewhere .
Won't be phoning them back but will email a strong worded to tell them to put sky tv where the sun doesn't shine because of this and go back to Freesat.
Thought it was too good to be true anyway....

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
Little update:
As usual, Sky are saying the offer has finished but can't give me a definite date when it was. Also, for some reason, the email they sent me has gone missing from their records even though I said I can send them a copy of it.
To cut a very long story short, I phoned today and caller said he would phone back at 4pm. He didn't which I expected so I phoned them again and got on to one of their head people supposedly . He eventually said because I have the email, plus I have been told twice I can get it at the reduced price, they will honour this for me.
He also said he would get into the system and sort it and phone me back shortly.
An hour or so later I am still waiting. I already told them where to shove the sky tv package if I don't get it but to keep broadband until next year because we will get the fibre optic then and I will go elsewhere .
Won't be phoning them back but will email a strong worded to tell them to put sky tv where the sun doesn't shine because of this and go back to Freesat.
Thought it was too good to be true anyway....

Phoned a few mins ago to cancel completely everything and surprise surprise, I got it for the reduced price plus free multi room saving me £200 on the box and £130 on multi room!
My head is splitting with phoning but worth it in the end now.
End of story...............I hope

new topics

top topics

join