Romney Supporter Wears 'Put The White Back In The White House' T-Shirt At Ohio Campaign Event

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

You know what's really sad ?

The fact that I am not shocked about this story.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Of Course Romney's campaign denounced it, but what else are they going to do?

So what is the issue?

Romney denounced it now seems someone is trying to make Romney responsible for something he did not do.

How about taking a page from ATS terms and conditions:we are responsible for our own actions.

That action was not by Romney.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

You know what's really sad ?

The fact that I am not shocked about this story.

The thing is, this story is none news - None news, what soever. Romney didn't invite him and Obama didn't send him. There's no conspiracy of a white supremacist group backing Romney
. All this thread is going to do is cause something i detest of ATS - the showing of nothing but pure ignorance and comments which should not even be on a conspiracy site such as ATS, I'd like to think I share this community with some strong minded people but when threads pop up like this, it shows peoples true colours.

I predict this thread will start getting much more racial by page 3, and on page 4 this thread will be closed. Do us a favor ATS mods, close them as you see them because to me, and thousands of other users, these subjects are the down fall of ATS

Edit to add: This is how #ed up this thread is, I'm complete polar opposite to Neo, but I find my self agreeing with him! Please, before I loose my sanity close this thread
edit on 14-10-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This thread is hilarious!

Almost all of you have great points, but no one is willing to recognize the validity of another person's argument.

I just see finger-pointing and claims of racism tossed about freely.

I'd make some popcorn to munch on while this train-wreck continues, but I'm sure it will be over soon.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Now this doesn't mean that everyone who opposes Obama does so because of racism, but it is ridiculous for people to claim that racism isn't a factor.

If that weren't such a lopsided statement, I'd be in full agreement with you. Unfortunately you seem to feel that no one supports Mr. Obama BECAUSE of his race. That's what I find ridiculous!

Many from the Left love to call those on the Right "racists", "tokens", and "Uncle Toms" because of nothing more than their political affiliation. That is just as bigoted as the T-Shirt that you seem to feel represents many Republicans.

That shirt only represents a preference based on "color". That preference is no different than the one upheld by "Affirmative Action", or even a preference for Mr. Obama based on his "color".

I do not agree with that individual's choice in apparel, but the last I knew, we still had something called "Freedom of Expression" in the United States.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 14-10-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Samuel L. Jackson said this in an interview with Ebony Magazine.

" I voted for Barak Obama because he was black. Cause that's why folks vote for other people - because they look like them."

Bernie Mac stood on stage and told his audiences the same thing. "I'm gonna vote for Obama because he's black."

This isn't a new thing. It's very clear and most black Americans don't mind telling you that.

So why should a white person be held to a different standard?

I voted for him because he's black. I voted for him because he's white.

What's the difference? Why is one statement racist and the other is not?

The mindset works both ways.

Either both statements are racist or neither statement is racist.

Which one is it?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Either both statements are racist or neither statement is racist.
Which one is it?

I'd like to say that common sense says that their both equally as bad..But now I think common sense should actually be determined as a super power, because sense is not so common now'a days.

Seriously though, I understand where you're coming from but understand that the social/racial class has a massive part to play in the actions you're talking about. Many people thought that a black man in the most powerful position in the world would brake down these racial structures, but it didn't, and now many do feel bad for voting for somebody just because of their colour. We all now that people vote on the characteristics of the runner, the way they talk and how they represent their selves & their families- not actually their policies - which is a bad trait of all people, no matter their colour.

But yeah, many people did vote, who never voted - solely because he was black, but we can't forget the bigger picture of why that happens.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

I do not agree with that individual's choice in apparel, but the last I knew, we still had something called "Freedom of Expression" in the United States.

See ya,
Milt

I must agree. Your post does remind me of the Obama campaign button that say's, "Once you vote black, you don't go back."

A mea culpa from my post on the first page.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Maybe it is the evil racist white man in me but I find the humor in the shirt... I also think the Three Stooges are funny so take that for what its worth.

It’s just as funny as when one of the black comedians makes fun of the same thing - I think it was Chris Rock commenting on how the Whitehouse would never recover from the grease stains on the furniture or something like that.

Its humor - of course there could be a little racism behind it.

Race jokes are funny, sorry if that is not PC.
Farts are funny too…

It’s cool to vote for a man because of his race if he happens to be other than white; however, to vote against him for the same reason is racism or "not cool".

It could be as much a statement of protest to the blatant media “double standard” as it could be anything more sinister.

Perhaps there is more to it – we don’t know the man. Perhaps he is just in touch with his inner comedian.

However, as a white man I choose to see it as self defense in defiance of the “double standard” applied to race when it comes to the African-American in Chief.

Of course Romney wouldn't appreciate his gallows humor - but I can I am not running for POTUS.

I don't have to pander... Personally, I wouldn’t pander to the back vote anyway. Obama has that locked up for one reason and one reason only – yup, I went there.

The race card – Platinum edition.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
@HostileApostle so you're saying becuase of one or a few people who wears a shirt like that makes EVERYONE els who are also against Obama racist too. Thats basically what you're saying. And so anyone who is against Obama must be because hes black is the only reason is that it?
edit on 14-10-2012 by knightrider078 because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-10-2012 by knightrider078 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Then by useing your logic then a few muslims who commet a terrorist attack makes ALL muslims terrorists

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
Thats basically what you're saying. And so anyone who is against Obama must be because hes black is the only reason is that it

Have you been absent the country for a few years - that is the exact meme they are putting out.

Not only are people who are against Obama racists, those who are not "against" but not quite for him are worse they are the closet racist who don't even know that subconsciously this must be the reason they don't support his policy.

So if one is anti-Obama, clearly a racist.

If one is not a full on kool aid consumer they are a closet racist who just hasn’t come to grips with their own innate and inherent racism.

I have chosen to full on embrace my inner racist if that is the moniker people chose to hang on me for not wanting Obama to have another four years to grind America down into further decay. This despite my full on wish that Herman Cain would have been serious about his run - he has 10 times the character Romney has with all the business savvy to boot.

All that said, Romney is no great catch but honestly how much worse can he do?

I would vote for my daughter's Girl Scout leader for POTUS before Obama - at least I know she understands the Constitution better than the "Constitutional Scholar in Chief" and she's one of the most disorganized scatter brains I have ever met.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Those evil Republicans pay attention to the last part of the video.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

I voted for him because he's black. I voted for him because he's white.

What's the difference? Why is one statement racist and the other is not?

Because these people are saying black people shouldn't be allowed in the white house. That's a huge difference.

Nice to see my previous post that explained this was labelled "offtopic," by the racist mods.

And NO ONE here is saying anyone who supports Romney is racist......but we all know all of the white racists are supporting Romney. Racists do exist, ya know? That's all we're saying. We're not trying to accuse all Romney supporters of racism. We're just pointing out that racists support Romney.
edit on 14-10-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It's nice to see everyone try to spin my own OP. I clearly stated that this does NOT mean that all Romney supporters are racist.

The point of the thread is that racism IS a part of our reality and it IS the reason that SOME people hate Obama.

But all of you defending the racism are just as bad as the racists themselves.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

It's nice to see everyone try to spin my own OP.

I didn't spin a damn thing!

I clearly stated that this does NOT mean that all Romney supporters are racist.

Yes, you did that while, just as clearly, implying that racism is exclusive to those that don't support Mr. Obama. Once again, YOU VERY CLEARLY, did the same damn thing with:

...racism IS a part of our reality and it IS the reason that SOME people hate Obama.

But all of you defending the racism are just as bad as the racists themselves.

Now you are the one "twisting words". Those of us that you are accusing of "defending the racism" are only pointing out your obvious hypocrisy:
1) Many on the Left hate Mr. Romney just because he's a Mormon. That's bigotry!

2) Many on the Left hate Mr. Romney just because he's White. That's racism!

3) Many on the Left hate Mr. Romney just because he's rich. That's just plain stupid!

I'd be willing to bet that you would fall into at least one of those categories.

The bottom line is that the term "racism" is, far too often, thrown around as an excuse to avoid reality. "Ghost375" provided us with a very good example of that with:

Nice to see my previous post that explained this was labelled "offtopic," by the racist mods.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 15-10-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join