It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Leads Among Early Voters: 59% - 31%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

WASHINGTON, Oct 14 (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney are neck and neck in opinion polls, but there is one area in which the incumbent appears to have a big advantage: those who have already cast their ballots.

Obama leads Romney by 59 percent to 31 percent among early voters, according to Reuters/Ipsos polling data compiled in recent weeks.

Early voting was a big part of Obama's victory over Republican John McCain in 2008, and his campaign aims to repeat its success this year.

The Reuters/Ipsos poll indicates the campaign's efforts appear to be paying off, although its advantage could erode as Election Day approaches.

The Obama campaign says it is leading among early voters in Iowa and Ohio, and trailing by a smaller margin than 2008 in several other swing states. It expects its early voting efforts will help the campaign weather a blitz of negative ads expected to saturate the airwaves in battleground states in the final weeks before Nov. 6.

In Iowa, about twice as many registered Democrats as Republicans have voted by now - a potential warning sign for the Romney campaign, he said.

So Obama voters are voting early, which is the exact reason why Republicans tried to close early voting in places like Ohio...www.abovetopsecret.com...
They've tried their hardest to cheat this election by suppressing votes, especially in swing states. The un-American actions are a bit sad...but it just shows their desperation.
edit on 14-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Yeah and for all the reasons Joe Biden made perfectly clear in his debate.
Go- bama!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So the voter fraud is starting early this election huh? FOX will have a field day about this if they even report on it.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I have been of the impression, just from what I have seen and heard, that with a fair vote Romney cannot beat Obama. I say fair because we know what happened with Bush, and we already know that Romney colluded with others to win the Republican nomination, which was rigged. This is not opinion, but fact. So I do not trust the election process, because too many people, I won't mention on which side, are corrupt enough to think they are doing the right thing by cheating for their candidate.

But I also have a sinking feeling that "tptb," those who run major corporations, banks, etc., want Romney to win because it will be better for their bottom line. So I think it will come down to whether the votes get rigged this time around, in which case Romney must win...But I think Obama will win if the counts are done fairly.

This is my opinion, and is simply based on what I've been hearing and seeing as time goes on. We will see however, but after what happened with Paul, I don't trust Romney at all.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

The votes are rigged every time around. And you don't have to say which side cheats, because they both cheat. Only fools believe their side is honest beyond reproach and the other side is a bunch of cheaters.

In the end. Sides are irrelevant as both the dems and the repubs are the same. They quibble in public about a couple philosophical differences which is intended to keep us divided and occupied, and while we aren't looking ey do nefarious things.

It was both dems and repubs who passed the bailout. It was both that passed the stimulus package. It was both that put the patriot act in place. It was both that passed NDAA.

So you see it really doesn't matter. They both want the same thing, total control. Either way it is bad for us.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Ah yes, the results remind me of the ol Democratic Party mantra: vote early, vote often.

This is then followed by: bribe the poor

And then if all else fails: the Blacks & Hispanics were prevented from voting nevermind the fact that Blacks and Hispanics are least likely to be registered to vote.

top topics

join