Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Redbull Balloon Stratosphere Jump LIVE STREAM NOW!!!

page: 5
17
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This is the best quality video I could find on YouTube. Really wish I could have seen it live.


Go to YouTube and change the resolution to 720p and watch it full screen.

edit on 14/10/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)




posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have posted a chest-cam video in this thread.
If I may put it up here.

Felix Baumgartner Chest-cam



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Maybe there could be a way to jump with a gyroscope attached so you don't end up in an un-controlled spin?



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Come on people. This is supposed to be a conspiracy site, and no one
is discussing what appears to be another hoax.
www.cluesforum.info...



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb
 



Originally posted by OutonaLimb
Come on people. This is supposed to be a conspiracy site, and no one
is discussing what appears to be another hoax.
www.cluesforum.info...


Is that website for real? or just a joke and there just havin a laugh?

Because i have had conversations with children who spoke with better logic and didn't pretend to be experts who really don't know #.
The average intelligence of people scares me sometimes.
edit on 15-10-2012 by xXSvenXx because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXSvenXx
reply to post by OutonaLimb
 



Originally posted by OutonaLimb
Come on people. This is supposed to be a conspiracy site, and no one
is discussing what appears to be another hoax.
www.cluesforum.info...


Is that website for real? or just a joke and there just havin a laugh?

Because i have had conversations with children who spoke with better logic and didn't pretend to be experts who really don't know #.
The average intelligence of people scares me sometimes.
edit on 15-10-2012 by xXSvenXx because: (no reason given)


So it is possible for a helium balloon to venture to such vacuumous heights then.
Care to show the math/physics allowing this impossible feat.

Or are you convinced by dubious footage and dubious footage alone?



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb
 


I saw bits of this and dubious footage to say the least.
Even my relatives who don't normally buy into conspiracies all agreed it looked faked.

One thought that it appeared to be a dummy for the scene of the "leap" out of the capsule due to the lack of normal movement. We all agreed that he would not have been able to right himself from an uncontrolled spin because of being so disoriented from it to even pull a ripcord.
Two who say this are nurses, and I myself have bouts of vertigo and agree the scene of the end over end being corrrected would be impossible then the leap to him landing like a gazelle at the end was over the top ridiculous.
It appeared to be several different hoax takes all spliced together to create this Red Bull#e "space jump".



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
i cant believe i missed it. I wanted to see it live
i wonder how awesome it must have felt to do this.
amazing. I have to show this to everyone



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
reply to post by OutonaLimb
 


I saw bits of this and dubious footage to say the least.
Even my relatives who don't normally buy into conspiracies all agreed it looked faked.

One thought that it appeared to be a dummy for the scene of the "leap" out of the capsule due to the lack of normal movement. We all agreed that he would not have been able to right himself from an uncontrolled spin because of being so disoriented from it to even pull a ripcord.
Two who say this are nurses, and I myself have bouts of vertigo and agree the scene of the end over end being corrrected would be impossible then the leap to him landing like a gazelle at the end was over the top ridiculous.
It appeared to be several different hoax takes all spliced together to create this Red Bull#e "space jump".

edit on 15-10-2012 by xXSvenXx because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xXSvenXx
 


I'd be hiding my face, too, if I were as gullible as you.
You must watch a lot of TV. It causes people to no longer be able to discern reality from fakery.



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
www.praxair.com...!OpenDocument


Helium: Facts About the Gas

General Facts
» Chemical symbol: He
» Second lightest elemental gas, after hydrogen
» Smallest of all molecules
» Lowest boiling point of any element (-452.1°F, -268.9°C, 4.2 K, 7.6 R)
» Seven times lighter than air
» Conducts sound three times faster than air
» Has five times air's thermal conductivity
» Does not become radioactive under irradiation

Physical Properties
» Colorless
» Odorless
» Tasteless
» Non-toxic
» Inert
» Non-flammable
» Slightly soluble in water
» High thermal conductivity

In the Environment
» Helium is produced continually by the radioactive decay of uranium and other elements, gradually working its way into the atmosphere
» Helium atoms are light enough to escape the Earth's gravitational field and into space
» Commercial extraction from air is impractical because helium's concentration is only about five parts per billion

Where It's Found
» Commercially, helium is obtained from the small fraction of natural gas deposits that contain helium volumes of 0.3 percent or higher
» Most of the world's helium comes from the Texas panhandle, Oklahoma, Kansas and the Rocky Mountains' eastern flank, other sources include the mid-east and Russia
» These natural gas deposits contain more than 3,000 ppm of helium

Unusual Characteristics
» At atmospheric pressure, helium becomes liquid at the lowest of all boiling points (-452°F, -269°C, 7.6 R)
» Helium remains liquid to absolute zero
» The coldest known substance, helium is important for cryogenic research
» At 3.9 R, liquid helium exhibits super fluidity or virtually zero viscosity (Helium II), defies gravity to flow up container walls and becomes nearly a perfect heat conductor
Copyright © 2012 Praxair Technology Inc. All rights reserved.



» Helium atoms are light enough to escape the Earth's gravitational field and into space
edit on 15-10-2012 by xXSvenXx because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
reply to post by OutonaLimb
 


I saw bits of this and dubious footage to say the least.
Even my relatives who don't normally buy into conspiracies all agreed it looked faked.

One thought that it appeared to be a dummy for the scene of the "leap" out of the capsule due to the lack of normal movement.


What was he meant to do FLAP HIS WINGS?



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xXSvenXx
 


No. He would have bent his legs and and spread his arms to assume a stabilization mode.
The video I've seen looks like a department store dummy.

But, there is no way that I believe that a person falling at 600 mph in an uncontrolled spin would be able to right themselves at that speed to orient the correct up from down in a nanosecond to pull the ripchord.

Aside from those things, is the poorly done screen darkening and tell me who was it who caught the video from the distance? It was equally poorly edited from one camera angle to another with varying degrees of fuzziness to clarity depending...

I just watched it again and find it incredible that anyone could find it even remotely believable.
A complete hoax on the public.



posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter
 


www.liveleak.com...

Chest cam footage shows the flat spin and how he corrected it.
Im not holding ur hand any more do your own research.



posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
reply to post by xXSvenXx
 


No. He would have bent his legs and and spread his arms to assume a stabilization mode.
The video I've seen looks like a department store dummy.

But, there is no way that I believe that a person falling at 600 mph in an uncontrolled spin would be able to right themselves at that speed to orient the correct up from down in a nanosecond to pull the ripchord.

Aside from those things, is the poorly done screen darkening and tell me who was it who caught the video from the distance? It was equally poorly edited from one camera angle to another with varying degrees of fuzziness to clarity depending...

I just watched it again and find it incredible that anyone could find it even remotely believable.
A complete hoax on the public.




Just joined to troll, or what? lol

You can't be serious.
I watch no TV at all an I have no problem with this.
Everything that happened is actually completely reasonable for a person with his training. lol
What a turd.
Hope I never get two nurses as dumb as the ones you;re sitting with.



posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I watched it live and watched seamlessly from his exit out the door and onto the porch and unless the "dummy" had fully articulated and motorized limbs and fingers it was no dummy. Get real.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Im not a science guy, so I have one question that may have an obvious answer. Since he broke the sound barrier, was he able to hear any noise coming from the area surrounding him while falling?



posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1
 


No according to the press conference because he was in a pressure suit he didn't hear or feel anything when broke the sound barrier.



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
For my generation (who weren't born when Neil Armstrong first stepped onto the moon), this has to be the most exciting achievement of science and mankind's determination that we have ever seen!!



posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fwm75
 


Hopefully, we'll be around to see bootprints on Mars, too!





new topics

top topics



 
17
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join