It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Troops Join US Forces on the Jordan-Syria Border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
As Turkey is mobilising on the Syrian border, now British troops are joining American forces on the Jordan Syrian border.

www.globalresearch.ca...

According to ANSA, the Italian News Agency, “several hundred British soldiers and military advisors are in Jordan to monitor the Syria situation, Western diplomatic sources said on Thursday.”

One hundred US troops are already stationed on the Syria-Jordan border. They were deployed on the orders of the US president and commander in chief without seeking the approval of the US Congress.

All the while, the rebels continue to receive training and arms from Turkey and other NATO allies as they wage war against the Syrian Army and people.

But don't worry, all this preparation is for nothing, the elite have no plans for invading Syria and removing Assad from power. Syria holds no geolpolitical importance for oil pipelines and gas lines, look for yourself-

Look at the map, don't see how they could have pipelines through to Turkey or the Mediterranean Sea, it's all just conspiracy mumbo jumbo, NATO only has the Syrian civilian's plight at heart, that's why they are funding the rebels to save the people and it won't be long now till NATO starts bombing cities to help the people even more like they did in Libya!

edit on 14-10-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Ya gave me a chuckle as I would say this has to be the most sarcastic post I've read this week.

Nothing to see here folks, move along, move along.

Or maybe...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Good post

However some recent gas deposit discoveries in that area, that Syria would have some claim and say over
The other countries that will have say on these deposits

Greece - NATO - and will do as they are told
Turkey - NATO
Cypress - nuff said
Israel - deffo nuff said
Egypt - nuff said
Libya - nuff said

Leaves Syria.........as the only independent non west influenced nation.....having some claim and say
edit on 14-10-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

But, saying that it's for one reason, without proof or actual evidence, is not helpful. Of course the US and UK are going to have an interest in what is happening in Syria, they are surrounded by our allies! Whether you like it or not, we DO have an interest in the region, welcome to the concept of foreign policy and relations. Where have you been for the last 100 years?

Russia and China also have an interest, but we seem to think that it's only "the West" that is in any way nefarious and all others are just being "moral"? Give me a break!

All sides in this are going to be doing whatever they can for their own needs. That's the nature of government. They make decisions that none of us like.

But it's stupid to believe that only the UK and US are going to act in any immoral or dangerous manner in this conflict. Russia and others will be taking advantage of this too and doing whatever they can to make sure their fingers are deeply in the right pies.

People here are blinded by their anti west mentality, looking at all others as though they are the poor victims of "western powers".
None of them are moral, none of them are to be trusted, all of them will do whatever it takes to secure their own dominance.

The only side anyone should be on is the innocent people of these countries who will be forced into being cannon fodder for these despotic regimes (whether that's the UK, US, Russia, Iran, Turkey, Syria, Germany, France, China...)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

But, saying that it's for one reason, without proof or actual evidence, is not helpful. Of course the US and UK are going to have an interest in what is happening in Syria, they are surrounded by our allies! Whether you like it or not, we DO have an interest in the region, welcome to the concept of foreign policy and relations. Where have you been for the last 100 years?

Russia and China also have an interest, but we seem to think that it's only "the West" that is in any way nefarious and all others are just being "moral"? Give me a break!

All sides in this are going to be doing whatever they can for their own needs. That's the nature of government. They make decisions that none of us like.

But it's stupid to believe that only the UK and US are going to act in any immoral or dangerous manner in this conflict. Russia and others will be taking advantage of this too and doing whatever they can to make sure their fingers are deeply in the right pies.

People here are blinded by their anti west mentality, looking at all others as though they are the poor victims of "western powers".
None of them are moral, none of them are to be trusted, all of them will do whatever it takes to secure their own dominance.

The only side anyone should be on is the innocent people of these countries who will be forced into being cannon fodder for these despotic regimes (whether that's the UK, US, Russia, Iran, Turkey, Syria, Germany, France, China...)

I do not subscribe to this system of 'American' or 'Russian' interests because these 'interests' never benefit the people.

If Iran has oil, then sell it to us at a fair price, if they want to sell it. In exchange, perhaps we could share technology we develop or whatever.

But no, the British wanted 85% of the oil profits in the early 20th century, that was what started this whole Iran mess in the first place- the greed of the oil companies.

I'm well aware Russia is involved in this, the cold war is still being fought- it still does not justify what is happening and also the manipulation and deception that goes on- the idea that the west is concerned about the Syrian or Libyan people, it's all lies to justify what they really want.

Of course, the same propaganda goes on in Russia and China or wherever else, but it does not make it right. It's the people who happen to live in these countries, such as Syria or Iraq, who are the victims of the greed of other nations.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

I do not subscribe to this system of 'American' or 'Russian' interests because these 'interests' never benefit the people.

If Iran has oil, then sell it to us at a fair price, if they want to sell it. In exchange, perhaps we could share technology we develop or whatever.

But no, the British wanted 85% of the oil profits in the early 20th century, that was what started this whole Iran mess in the first place- the greed of the oil companies.

I'm well aware Russia is involved in this, the cold war is still being fought- it still does not justify what is happening and also the manipulation and deception that goes on- the idea that the west is concerned about the Syrian or Libyan people, it's all lies to justify what they really want.

Of course, the same propaganda goes on in Russia and China or wherever else, but it does not make it right. It's the people who happen to live in these countries, such as Syria or Iraq, who are the victims of the greed of other nations.

I agree. But the idea that the "evil West" are the only players here manipulating everything and therefore deserving of our criticism is a nonsense.

Every discussion on the situation in Syria descends into defense of Assad, ignoring the evidence of what he's undeniably guilty of. Somehow the CIA are responsible for him flying jets over his own people and bombing them, somehow the CIA, the UK and USA are responsible for the bombs Assad is dropping on his own people in the hospitals of Aleppo. Somehow, the footage of Syrian forces shelling civilian towns and cities is "manufactured"...

It's willful ignorance of the facts. People refuse to accept the truth of what is happening there because they are deluded into thinking the CIA runs the planet, they allow their distrust of our governments to excuse the murderous actions of a despot. While our countries do have influence there (just as Russia and Iran do) there is no denying that Assad is killing his own people. There is no refuting this. The evidence is all around us, from multiple sources all over the world and from the many hundreds of thousands of Syrian citizens now taking up arms to fight him.

That is what makes me angry about these threads. People are right to criticize our own governments and their involvement in the region, absolutely. But people should not be using that as reason to defend the little lisping despot Assad or excusing his actions.

He IS a psychopath, he IS murdering his own people, he SHOULD be removed and prevented from murdering any more of his own citizens. No amount of disdain or mistrust of UK or US actions is going to change my mind on that.
edit on 14-10-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
You seriously can't be naive enough to think that NATO haven't already struck deals with rebels..

Assad didn't conform, so he had to go. A new government will form and NATO will remind them who helped. You think that the rebels are really for the people? They slaughter civilians for having the slightest affiliation with the current government (i.e. postal workers) and it extremely brutal manners.

If NATO cared about the people, if the UN had an ounce of competence and if america didn't pull the strings then perhaps instead of supplying these violent rebels there would be an evacuation plan for civilians in the firing line and a peacekeeping operation to keep skirmishes to minimum whilst promoting a diplomatic solution.

NATO has its own agenda and now it's preparing troops to ensure that this agenda is achieved. More violence does not help the innocents.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Whats any different between Assads bombs, and the japanese ones dropped on Pearl Harbour?
Both cases the goverment is putting its own agenda before the peoples lives.....
In fact killing a few for example is a time tested way of getting the rest of the peoples attention......
And dont say there is any goverment that hasnt killed its own for reasons known only to the rulers.....because thats pretty damn naive these days after 9/11,Waco, 7/7 and Oklahoma city.....
Goverments now herd us by killing us off here and there.....piecemeal so the rest do whats planned for the agenda.....
They are ALL the same EVERY LAST ONE>the people stand alone against this depradation......

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I agree. But the idea that the "evil West" are the only players here manipulating everything and therefore deserving of our criticism is a nonsense.

Every discussion on the situation in Syria descends into defense of Assad, ignoring the evidence of what he's undeniably guilty of. Somehow the CIA are responsible for him flying jets over his own people and bombing them, somehow the CIA, the UK and USA are responsible for the bombs Assad is dropping on his own people in the hospitals of Aleppo. Somehow, the footage of Syrian forces shelling civilian towns and cities is "manufactured"...

It's willful ignorance of the facts. People refuse to accept the truth of what is happening there because they are deluded into thinking the CIA runs the planet, they allow their distrust of our governments to excuse the murderous actions of a despot. While our countries do have influence there (just as Russia and Iran do) there is no denying that Assad is killing his own people. There is no refuting this. The evidence is all around us, from multiple sources all over the world and from the many hundreds of thousands of Syrian citizens now taking up arms to fight him.

That is what makes me angry about these threads. People are right to criticize our own governments and their involvement in the region, absolutely. But people should not be using that as reason to defend the little lisping despot Assad or excusing his actions.

He IS a psychopath, he IS murdering his own people, he SHOULD be removed and prevented from murdering any more of his own citizens. No amount of disdain or mistrust of UK or US actions is going to change my mind on that.

Well I have to disagree with you now.

Please provide some evidence that Assad is killing his own people.

His army is fighting the rebels.

The rebels are killing people, just as they did in Libya.

As in Libya, there is not one single piece of video evidence that shows Assad forces killing innocent civilians.

It is not happening so don't just say it like it is.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Well I have to disagree with you now.

Please provide some evidence that Assad is killing his own people.

His army is fighting the rebels.

The rebels are killing people, just as they did in Libya.

As in Libya, there is not one single piece of video evidence that shows Assad forces killing innocent civilians.

It is not happening so don't just say it like it is.

Most ludicrous statement on the net so far. There is AMPLE evidence of such atrocities.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Aint that the truth brother.

All sides have their hands dirty but apparently only one side is the victim and the other the bad guys. It's all a matter of perspective and the civlians are always caught in the middle.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I do not subscribe to this system of 'American' or 'Russian' interests because these 'interests' never benefit the people.......

I'm well aware Russia is involved in this......

Yet,

Russia and China are also to blame by propping up and supporting those countries that are also just as guilty of supporting and supplying certain covert groups which have killed "People". In for a penny in for a pound.

Cry foul on the whole situation

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

It's all well and good saying I am ridiculous that there is 'ample' evidence, but if that is the case, post some.

Provide me video evidence of Assad forces killing civilians.

And while you are at it, post video evidence of Gaddafi forces killing civilians.

You say there is 'ample evidence', so link a video.

edit on 15-10-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I do not subscribe to this system of 'American' or 'Russian' interests because these 'interests' never benefit the people.......

I'm well aware Russia is involved in this......

Yet,

Russia and China are also to blame by propping up and supporting those countries that are also just as guilty of supporting and supplying certain covert groups which have killed "People". In for a penny in for a pound.

Cry foul on the whole situation

I agree, but let's look at the last ten years.

Which nation has killed more civilians over the world- Russia or America?

Can you also discuss some of Russia's foreign policies that are on par with America.

For example, America is funding rebels in Syria, America has been in Afghan and Iraq- so can you give a Russian equivalent?

I'm not disagreeing with you, but would like to hear some cases of what Russia has been up to.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
'The great game' has many hands, many decks of cards, many players, ever changing sides, even the rules change, the prizes change, the game itself is always being played, bit like a poker game on a merry-go-round, slowing down, speeding up, players climbing on and falling off, it would take ten Krays to make sense of it all.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I agree, but let's look at the last ten years.

True but that's the problem for many. Just looking back only ten or twenty years. That tells many here that some are not aware of the long term perspective. Countries don't often just lay plans in the short term [Ten Years] etc. This is why history is so important. If we fail to learn from it we are doomed to repeat its mistakes.

Viewing it myopically through a one sided perspective is dangerous. For example. These next few questions of yours.

Can you also discuss some of Russia's foreign policies that are on par with America.

To which regards?

Various covert activities. Dragging another Country through the mud using their State Sponsored News outlet [RT] on a regular bases? [Sounds like the West in the use of MSM] Pushing for monetary change with regards to the Global reserve currency? Supporting regimes which are known to support certain covert groups which have attacked other countries and killed innocent civilians in the process? [You're not going to deny that both Syria and Iran have both going back decades supported these groups?]

How about propping up Assad? Whether you like it or not or even acknowledge the fact that his troops have and are continuing to kill civilians either on purpose [If they sympathize with the rebels] or indirectly, through indiscriminate fire in an attempt to eradicate the rebels.

Conversely the rebel have also committed atrocities etc.

For example, America is funding rebels in Syria, America has been in Afghan and Iraq- so can you give a Russian equivalent?

Russia has been supporting Syria and Iran not to mention their part in the Georgia conflict and have we forgotten their decades worth of covert activity through Proxy all through out the Cold War going back decades? Remember who fought in Afghanistan first.

'm not disagreeing with you, but would like to hear some cases of what Russia has been up to.

There is plenty available with this regards you just have to be willing to do the research and look objectively which may bring down false perceived paradigms.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The Cold War is supposed to be over.

The weighing scales may have balanced during the cold war.

Since it officially ended though, I think you would have to be in denial to suggest that they are still balancing out. No doubt, Russia has been involved in some covert operations but nothing on the scale of what we have seen in Libya or Syria?

Russia is supporting Syria and rightfully so, America and NATO have no right whatsoever in trying to bring about regime change.

Is Russia supposed to just sit back whilst America and her NATO allies wage some of the most aggressive geopolitcal conquests the world has seen in recent memory?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

The Cold War is supposed to be over.

I'm confused by your comments...

I'm well aware Russia is involved in this, the cold war is still being fought-.....

Now, Which is it? Is the Cold war over or it still being fought as you yourself have claimed?

The weighing scales may have balanced during the cold war.

No

Actually the Soviets lost. They lost territory and prestige. The West gained territory and clout.

Since it officially ended though, I think you would have to be in denial to suggest that they are still balancing out.

It never balanced out. The Soviets lost, Red China failed to gain territory except Hong Kong and Tibet. But took a beating with their fool hearty excursion into Vietnam back in 1979 where they got their rears handed to them in short order. A few border clashes with India etc. Their support for North Korea has been a long term disaster. South Korea on the other hand is a well developed and prosperous country.

Hell

Presently, Vietnam is courting the US in an attempt to have them establish a US Naval base in Vietnam to counter the growing Chinese influence in the region. Imagine that! Vietnam of all countries asking the US. That alone should tell you how things are headed.

No doubt, Russia has been involved in some covert operations but nothing on the scale of what we have seen in Libya or Syria?

The US/West have overtly supported Israel who fights against organizations covertly supported by Iran, Syria and inadvertently by those countries which support both. Syria and Iran are overtly supported by Russia and are apposed by those covert activities supported by the West.

Wanna talk about a balancing act now?

Russia is supporting Syria and rightfully so, America and NATO have no right whatsoever in trying to bring about regime change.

Syria and Iran have both supported groups which have been very active for decades [Longer than your ten year scenario] that have interfered in other countries [Not just Israels] internal affairs going back decades. What right do either of them have?

Is Russia supposed to just sit back whilst America and her NATO allies wage some of the most aggressive geopolitcal conquests the world has seen in recent memory?

Takes two to tango.

No?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You quoted me from two different posts and out of context, so try dropping the discrediting campaign whenever someone tries to indulge you in discussion that goes against what you want everyone to think.

21st century-

America and NATO allies- Iraq, Afghan, Libya and soon to be Syria

Russia- Arms and supports Syria and Iran.

Do Russia not have a right to have allies in a region that the west is seeking to dominate through aggressive means?

edit on 15-10-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

You quoted me from two different posts and out of context, so try dropping the discrediting campaign whenever someone tries to indulge you in discussion that goes against what you want everyone to think.

Those were your words anybody can go back and read them in their proper context.
They are relevant.

21st century-

America and NATO allies- Iraq, Afghan, Libya and soon to be Syria

Russia- Arms and supports Syria and Iran.

Sorry

History doesn't get truncated by decades nor the beginnings of centuries. Many previous centuries activities spill over the false line on a calender. It's human nature.

Good try though.

Do Russia not have a right to have allies in a region that the west is seeking to dominate through aggressive means?

They do of course. Now does the US/West have to simply just sit there and take it when those Russian allies contentiously act aggressively to theirs or their Allies interests?

what were you saying earlier again about a balancing act?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join