It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! 26 Yr Old is Dying Without Family and Insurance. Hospital is Discharging Her Today Without Pai

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I can't believe someone couldn't go to court to get a judge to give her a waiver or something on the law about 90 days of rehab before a transplant. Also this girl's friend should be in contact with a naturopath doctor who knows about liver regeneration with nutrients such as milk thistle or glutathione. If she found a doctor who knows a way to transmit massive doses efficiently, maybe she could be helped. Good luck.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
reply to post by curiouswa

...that's why we have the Mitt Romneys of this world, who always get to the top, and its almost always...due to the fact that the elites are lucky enough to born into great environments. No doubt America will keep buying into the lie however...the American dream...was only ever a dream...an illusion to subdue to masses into believing they had free will...and that they too could one day be a somebody.
You are now seeing the actual facts of reality. But id also warn you about trying to help a self destructive person...its sad to see someone, especially so young..ending up like this...but her life was over from the first day of birth...thats how it is.
If you want to find her free health care...i suggest sending her over the border to Canada. I believe they are somewhat more humane there.

Before you go blaming Romney for all the evils of the world, this culture of addiction and dysfunction is heavily enabled by the welfare culture. People who should not have children and probably wouldn't if they were not subsidized to as a way of getting a free check and place to live because they can barely take care of themselves - have children and then the children suffer. You liberals have bred more misery on this planet than anyone can calculate.
edit on Sun Oct 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: TAGS

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hospice would not be able to treat her at her mother's home due to her mother and husband's addictive personalities - they would steal her pain medications. What a horribly tragic story of a young life wasted like this. I wish I could give you any good advice or be of help but all I can do is pray for the poor girl. It sounds as if the greatest mercy she could receive now would be a quick death as any lingering on is just more pain for her.
This should be held up as an example of what kind of society we've truly become - uncaring, cruel and without remorse for the suffering of others.
I have recently gone through a similar situation with one of my oldest and dearest friends who is killing himself with alcohol. He won't stop and there's nothing I can do to help and I won't let him drag me or my family down so I told him goodbye and said "you have to heal yourself and quit fishing for sympathy instead".
edit on 14-10-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Here in Louisiana, we have public "charity" hospitals for people such as this. They will take patients with no insurance. If she is in agony, they CANNOT refuse treatment. Then you can get her rx for free...just look up the "associated catholic charity" in your area. They will get her pain medicine for free so she doesn't suffer as bad...and they may have a hopice or at least know someone trustworthy to care for her while you are at work. I wish you all the best...you are a good person for trying to help. I hope she can pass quickly in a safe place with someone at her side that says "you matter".....and that she will not suffer.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
Contact Social Services. I'm sure they can probably help. They may pay for a home nurse, or a hospice. They have funding for emergency health care, etc.

Give it a try.

Yes, fortunately there are social services you can still turn to. You should enjoy them though because if Romney wins they are all on the cutting block to add to the defense budget. Good luck to Autumn.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Not sure if this will help. I didn't read the responses so you may already have this information.

A friend of mine was diagnosed with lung cancer a few weeks ago. Wiin 7 days of the diagnoses I was able to get Social Security Disability, and a Medicare Card for him.

It is called the Compassionate Allowance Act.

LINK

I would contact your local Social Security Office as soon as possible.
Hope this helps, and God Bless...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
Not sure if this will help. I didn't read the responses so you may already have this information.

A friend of mine was diagnosed with lung cancer a few weeks ago. Wiin 7 days of the diagnoses I was able to get Social Security Disability, and a Medicare Card for him.

It is called the Compassionate Allowance Act.

LINK

I would contact your local Social Security Office as soon as possible.
Hope this helps, and God Bless...

This sounds promising.

To the OP: Did you try this out?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Autumn was indeed discharged Monday without pain medications. Her vitals were down to 82/53. She literally couldn't even walk to the bathroom Monday night.

My daughter called around and found a doctor who would see her yesterday, but she couldn't reach Autumn. She went to her house (the terrible one riddled with alcoholics) and Autumn was almost unresponsive with pain and suffering. The doctor was horrified and said very clearly to Autumn and my daughter that she will not make it to the end of this week, she needs to be in intensive care until she passes. Her vitals were down to 73/40, practically dead. The doctor said "this hospital has orders from me and they are waiting for her admission. They will make her comfortable and I promise she will not be discharged until she passes" The doctor's office manager was crying and crying when she was wheel chairing Autumn to my daughters car for the 1 hour car ride to the other hospital. She even gave my daughter her cell # and told her to call her last night or if she needs anything at all. My daughter drove her to a county hospital where they will keep her until she dies any day now. At least she will be comfortable and not in pain.

The doctor said the other hospital broke a number of laws, including discharging someone who is in critical condition, whose vitals were near death and who was in tremendous pain. I am seriously thinking to sue and give the money to her 9 year old son. I'm beyond sick of these situations with hospitals and our healthcare with people who do not have health insurance. This is not why I pay taxes, to kick them out on the street. I'm not asking for life saving measures, such as a liver transplant. Only what is humane for a human being who is dying.

Whether you believe this girl deserves to die as she drank herself to death. Think of her as your own daughter. Please pray we have a merciful God who will take her soul to Heaven when she passes.

edit on 17-10-2012 by curiouswa because: new vitals of 73/40

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
Technically she should die. I'm sorry but we can't save everyone. It's her family's fault and her family's responsibility.

Personally, and most shockingly, I agree. It probably would be better if she died.
With no responsible family to look after her, or even be sober enough to be considered as a donor, she would have to wait a pretty long time before a suitable donor became available. Perhaps more time than she would have available at this point.
If she was able to have a liver transplant, how is she going to afford the medication that will keep her body from rejecting the new liver that she will need to take continuously to prevent losing her donor organ. She has never worked by the OP's admission, and drank all her working life. Where will her money come from to afford the immunosuppresants?
It's a tough call to make, and I know OP would not agree with me because her family is closely involved with Autumn, but I personally feel it would be best to make her comfortable and let her pass in peace rather than trying to fix something that looks like a losing battle.
I concur with another posted who suggested a hospice.

However, I have to disagree with the last statement.
As a parent, it is your duty to raise your child to the best of your ability, and unfortunately, her mother passed up on that.
This does not mean Autumn could not make her own decisions and her own choices. It was her choice to drink, and although her family are all alcoholics, I do not believe they put the liquid to her lips and forced her to drink.

ETA: I've just seen the other post.
I hope Autumn is being made comfortable. It's such a terrible thing that a woman so young could be in this situation. I hope for everyone involved it will be over soon, and that despite everything, you can find peace.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
You daughter is her Guardian Angel.

This is such a sad story. I am sending positive vibes and prayers her way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join