It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming is a fact.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
This is my favourite global warming quote.

According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia,within a few years winter snowfall will become "a very rare and exciting event"

"Children just aren't going to know what snow is," he said.

www.independent.co.uk...

That was 12 years ago.

And yet it still comes and brings the country to a halt.

edit on 11-12-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

All too many of today's so called scientists approach science the way televangelists approach religion. They find the latest fad subject to catch the public's eye and and jump on the band wagon for a free ride to fame and fortune.
edit on 11-12-2012 by happykat39 because: typo

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
The earth is warming. However, Mars is warming, Venus is warming, all of the planets are warming. Is man responsible for all of it? The sun is warming the planets. We have some, miniscule, effect. The sun is doing way more than we ever could. Man is not THE problem. Put down the koolaid.

Well there appears to be many words spoken on both sides of this debate, there is no "two-cents" I could add that will prove anything I might believe...similar to the chemtrail saga...it's all been said and done however a simple quote may suffice: "Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." - Buddha

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
If a climate sensor is in the middle of a city, and cities are sometimes five degree warmer than the countryside......
Last time I checked, CO2 is 393 parts per million of the atmosphere, (that's LESS than one half of one percent)
I just cannot see how little can have so much effect.
According to the daily updates I get from climate depot, Antarctic ice is now at its highest since 1989.
World wide volcanic activity has gone up 300% in the last 2,000 years, that might have some effect.
Latest snow fall figures from the Himalayan ice field sate that this years snow has made up the losses from previous years (via climate depot)
Do you know Termites produce more Methane than cows belch? (cows don't fart)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The warmest recorded periods are magically coinciding directly with the time period that man begins to burn fossil fuels at an enormous rate.

Riiiiiiight. It's natural.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Ummm, no.
The donosaurs kept no records.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Very good article showing enough evidence and support from scientists to convince those who believe global warming is real to keep believing. Those who make a living in contrast to this concept will find evidence created by others who live by profiting off of pollution to feed their belief this is not real.

A Science degree is not needed to see that the pollution we are creating is going to bite us in the ass in the near future. We have to quit making things out of plastic unless we recycle all of it. We have to make things to last a long time so that they don't have to be remade. We have to destroy the death dating or planned obsolescence of the things we build. Recycling metals is not as good as keeping them being used till there is no use for them. Fixing things is better than buying new.

What has to be done is to crush the present policies of Capitalism that make death dating stuff more important than the use of the product. A good toaster or coffee pot never catches fire. A microwave built right will last a long time and be safer to use. All the things we add to cars makes more to go wrong. Simplicity in life is the best.

A tax isn't the answer either, neither is research to prove the environment is changing because of our actions. The government developing weapons that hurt sea life is not good either, we depend on that life to survive. There is a balance to the Eco-system that we have been ignoring in our quest for money we don't need. Why do the rich need so much money? I think their screwed up lives are depressing myself. Having to play golf because everyone else in your class does....Having to keep up a social status because of how much money you have. Look at Jay Leno, he owns a bunch of old cars, cars meant to last a long time but discarded by most people because new was better. Can't anyone see that society is all messed up, including our own wants and desires?

t

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Technically, man was created by nature so anything he does is natural

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
The warmest recorded periods are magically coinciding directly with the time period that man begins to burn fossil fuels at an enormous rate.

Riiiiiiight. It's natural.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Correlation isn't causation.

Oh and nobody knows the conditions before man started taking records, so your point is moot, surely?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Summerian

Yes I do.

Carbon Dioxide is a trace element.

Methane is far worse than CO2.

Be constructive and tell the truth.

The earth is cooling down.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join