It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Troubled' Families Could Be Legally Banned From Spending Benefits On Alcohol And Tobacco

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Not trying to take it away...haha....Just trying to simplify your life a little, but to each his own

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

"Drug use is nothing more than predictive programing."

Predictive programing by who exactly?

"Nice try though. Noticed I said 'I do not 'I've never'."

Dont understand, please elaborate?

Too bad for you I'm not here to hold your hand.

But here's a reading list - figure it out:

Pawns In The Game
Behold A Pale Horse
Tragedy & Hope
Propaganda
Bloodlines Of The Illuminati

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

"Too bad for you I'm not here to hold your hand."

I asked a simple question, too bad your not up for an answer! Even though you obviously know what it is.

I have read some of your sugested material before, i suggest you read 1984 its great fiction and draws numerous parallels with today's society.
edit on 15-10-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
We are all in it togeather, because the poor ripped off the system and caused this financial crisis. The poor abusing the system, is what has brought us all to this sorry and sad situation. So lets take their benifits away. This will cure all of our problems. Once the plebs have died off, then we can have a better world. Yes those evil plebs have caused all these problems.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

"We are all in it togeather, because the poor ripped off the system and caused this financial crisis."

We sure are and its not just one social class that will suffer its all of them! All of us.

"The poor abusing the system, is what has brought us all to this sorry and sad situation. So lets take their benifits away. This will cure all of our problems. Once the plebs have died off, then we can have a better world. Yes those evil plebs have caused all these problems."

Fix the system, fix the problem which is the distribution of wealth IMHO.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
www.telegraph.co.uk...

At the same time, this would be one step for the government in taking away people's right to decide how they spend their money. Once one step is taken, even if that first step has good meaning, how many more steps are taken before they are running and changing other laws to follow suit etc.

What do people think?

Problem families that spend "their" money on alcohol and drugs do not deserve the right to choose what they should spend it on. If they want that choice they should get off their ass and get a job.

I understand people with genuine medical problems but not ones that want to abuse the system and ruin it for people out there that need it.

Good, they should bring this in, it may make a few of them want to get up so they can pay for their beer. But, my guess is it will just increase theft and start a whole system of swappy beer food.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Need to go feed my brats, have a smoke/drink and beat the misses now!(joke)

But i do need to feed my wee'yin.

BBS

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
so far i have 30 years of working and paying my fair share of Tax and National insurance, through the job i did, i have contracted contact dermatitis and asthma and mysteriousy have Utricaria pissing Blood etc..so been off sick for a while.....just to make things clear.
I haven't had back a fraction of what i've payed in...any benefits i get, i have payed for and then some...it's not my fault the people who were tasked to look after MY money made a arse of managing it...

Stop reading the Main Stream Media and listening to Knob ends like IDS and Cameron and co as who to shift the blame onto....stop being the Cowardly sheeeeple and wake TF up.....Cowards!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

"Not trying to take it away...haha....Just trying to simplify your life a little, but to each his own"

Thank you, now that i see you did not mean it as a dig i will take it under advisement.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

"Question- How do you honestly feel about welfare and unemployment? Do you believe it's a good thing? Do you think people take advantage of the programs?"

How do i feel about welfare and unemployment. I feel there could be more of the former and less of the latter. I believe Welfare is a basic right, as to unemployment we need to start building things again. As to "There" programs, i believe they take advantage of the poor souls that they compulsory enroll in them.

I am a big believer in our education system, hope that sheds some light for you.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

"Too bad for you I'm not here to hold your hand."

I asked a simple question, too bad your not up for an answer! Even though you obviously know what it is.

I have read some of your sugested material before, i suggest you read 1984 its great fiction and draws numerous parallels with today's society.

I have read 1984. I also answered your question in a previous post. But here you go - Drug use is an out-branch of 'civilization' created via predictive programing: monkey see, monkey do. The only natural mind altering substance is '___' located in your pineal gland - all other substances require a process before use. Even the drying of marijuana is a process...

Using drugs is a choice not a right. Stop using logical fallacies.

Here's two more books for you:

The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
The Fifth Discipline

These will explain to you how choice, perception and paradigms are inter-related.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

"Using drugs is a choice not a right. Stop using logical fallacies."

If only it were so easy, this world bites down and it dont let go nether. Just saying.

Cheers i quite fancy a read of The Fifth Discipline, looks interesting.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I wish you'd use the quote tags...

They are born into it, what else can they do? Monkey see Monkey do!

Indeed, hence why the Government wishes to remove the "bad examples" by not allowing the parents to be able to smoke and drink their benefit money away, hopefully leading to better parenting instead.

So how do we fix it, by taking away there right to freedom. Seem rather harsh.

I'm sorry, I don't equate being a useless bum who refuses to work and milk the system as a "freedom" to be taken away. Of course, they are perfectly free to get off said arses, get a job and then they can smoke and drink as much as they like.

If you seriously believe everyone has the same opportunity in life then your delusional. Now whos in a fantasy world?

Of course they do. Everyone has access to full time education from the age of 4 to 16 and, when boild down to basics, everyone does have the same opportunity..

How you choose to use said opportunity and whether you fulfil your potential is down to your own and parents choices during that period. Whether you go to a "good" school or a "bad" school has relatively little impact on your life, but rather your parents drive to see you succeed.

I do not (and point blank refuse to accept) that living in a certain area or coming from a certain background precludes you from any kind of success. That sort of mindset is defeatist and ultimately aims to shift the failings of a person onto someone else.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

"I do not (and point blank refuse to accept) that living in a certain area or coming from a certain background precludes you from any kind of success. That sort of mindset is defeatist and ultimately aims to shift the failings of a person onto someone else."

Im not saying it completly precludes poor people from bettering themselves. Just that its a lot harder(financially and socially) for them to achieve and easier for them to do as they have seen there parents do. I agree that mindset is defeatist and will get you knowhere. But taking away there fags and booze is just crazy i mean whats next wee yellow stars that state you are poor. I dont think we want to go down that road. As to the quote thing im working on it.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It is impossible to ban alcohol....... They can't buy it straight up, all they got to do is get prettymuch any fruit juice without preservatives, some bread yeast, and a plastic bucket..... Let it ferment a week or two, and bingo, instant alcohol. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to take it further and craft a bootleg distiller to make it into liquor either.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Stevie777

You're wasting your time trying to explain to some of these people on here.
I tried to explain earlier in the thread.

I worked from the age of 11.
Finished when I was 50.
Has spent the last six years on benefits and its crucified me.
Can't have a car no more.
No holidays......nothing.

Yet some fools on here think that they're paying a fortune towards benefits out of their income tax.
They pay more towards government debt than anything else.

Just because people on benefits don't pay income tax doesn't mean they don't pay tax.
Every single thing we purchase is taxed so everyone pays tax.

Income tax doesn't pay for everything.

The robbing, thieving, criminal governments, bankers and industrialists have taken all the money and put us in this situation and turned it on the people to pay it all back through taxes.
So to shut people up, to get them off their back they turn the whole thing around and blame them on benefits.

How easy it is to manipulate the people.
They're so manipulated they they actually agree that people on benefits are the scum of the earth and shouldn't be allowed to have a ciggy or a drink......which by the way are massively taxed.

They're so asleep. They believe anything the government and media feed them.

I'm finished on this thread.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It would seem like a no brainer that families can't spend assistance money on alcohol or tobacco.

Why has it taken this long to realize this?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

it astounds me sometimes when we debate this subject the blind ignorance of the Sheeeeple.....they would walk into their own Hangmans noose because of their lack of short sightedness...
if they are driven by jealousy, it's the weirdest form jealousy i've ever come across......
Or Maybe it's because they dont like their own petty lives that they find comfort in attacking the weakest and poorest members of society instead of going after the real cause of the problem.......

Once you are all done with the unemployed and the sick and the single parents, dont forget the visibly disabled and the Soldier/anyone with PTSD.......I'm sure you can weed them out and have them doing up your garden or cleaning graffiti off the walls whilst you throw Tomatoes at them on your days off.........Cowards!!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Stevie777

Ranting aside, you won't have your benefits cut or managed as a result of this. Not unless, of course, you're a known drug user or alcoholic, in which case you just have to suck it up and change your ways.

This is specifically for those that really do abuse the system. Not those in genuine need, like yourself.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Ask yourself this question...it simple really...you car needs a repair costing a £1000 or you could take it to unemployed bobby down the street who would do the same repair for less than half the cost...who would you have repair that car...???
Bobby, of course you would, it makes financial sense for you and for bobby...are you as Guilty as Bobby for ripping off the state by paying cash in hand....??????

Remember the next time you phone for a Takeaway delivery for a receipt and a VAT Number for the delivery charge...

Yeah we are all guilty by association to some degree. Fact!!!
edit on 15-10-2012 by Stevie777 because: Missing Taxt

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join