It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Orwellian' [How We Live In A World With Many Parallels To George Orwell's Fictitious Dystopian N

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This 4 part video series look at how, in many respects, we already live in George Orwell's '1984'.

Orwellian Part 1 - Indoctrinated to believe ridiculous statements-

Part 1 looks at the deception we face from the media and politicians and let's just say it, the complete bull # that the masses are fed on a daily basis- they say one thing and then do the opposite. Politics and the media are just fronts where we are lied to consistently. Everything is backwards- it's straight from '1984'.

I recommend watching this, it's very well put together and is horrible wake up call. If anything, part 1 highlights just how much of a joke democracy is- the party leaders just lie and lie and lie, the people buy it up and vote for them even though every single time, all the promises are forgotten as news wars are waged and the people lose more rights and taxes increase etc.

...And errrrr part 2 is yet to be uploaded
(so I guess I'll post that when it comes up!) May as well still post part 1

Will update when part 2 comes online

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This is going to be great!

A fine topic at last. i have found ATS rather timid as of late.

The parallels between Mr Orwells 1984 and today's society are numerous to say the least!

Cheers for starting this dude. Think this will be a good one!

Lets just hope the "Thought police" don't come a knocking. LoL
edit on 14-10-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think it is important to note that Orwell was not writing about how it was going to be, but how it was. He was observing is slightly out of synch terms of the times what was and what has always been. The reason he managed to draw attention to the book was this fact, it wasn't science fiction, only a few elements were "new" as in video watching etc. but the rest was current to then as it is now, and was always for the white world.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

"I think it is important to note that Orwell was not writing about how it was going to be, but how it was."

To me that just makes the similarities even more relevant. I remember reading 1984 around 1990 and thinking, you know what its kind of like that now! But now its like the dude was Nostradamus for 2012. IMHO of course.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Ever since i read 1984, deep inside i knew someday that scenario would really happen to the world...The way events were taking place during the last decades it looked clear that the big brother is going to watch and control over all aspects of our lives...And now it is happened...Some of us live with it and some deny it.But it seems like there is no effort to fight it,at least not yet...Most people have a lot to loose in case of any instability...They rather have an evil power watching them and slaving them all the time than loosing their comfort zone and the status quo.No more cars laptops phones and big screens.God forbids you might even have to relocate at some point!..So everything those evils are doing are somehow ok and justified,so long as they don't over dramatize it on the media and make it easy for everyone to swallow,and until it doesn't interfere with our little lives in our shiny clean fairy lands.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
People have always been lead to believe ridiculous statements. Like how royalty were ordained by God to rule others, religions in general, superstitions, on and on.

edit on 21-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
More parts have been added

Part 2 (force fed fabricated news)-

Part 3 (big brother is watching YOU)-

This really is worth a watch folks. Seriously, this is good stuff and well put together.

Part 2 looks at how the MSM makes up news to deceive and manipulate the masses.

Part 3 looks at the surveillance state that is expanding at an incredible rate.

Part 4 will be up soon I'm guessing

edit on 13-11-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
So much for easily suggestable, gullible, & high propensity to consume American animals..

stimulating the economy!

top topics

join