It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's happened to ATS??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Although I may be a newbie on here I did spend a good few years as a lurker on ATS before joining up. In the time before the internet I used to read books and magazines on various topics that have been discussed on ATS down the years. My main favourite being space travel and the historical UFO cases. Although it's always interesting to dabble elsewhere.

Of course the problem with the "historical" threads is that people rarely post in them any more and there is little interaction (with a few exceptions). Unless of course there is some breaking news about it. Maybe that has become an issue with ATS as people fear opening a new debate when they will simply be referred to an 8 year old post. It's a fine balancing act to be honest.

I did get a bit bored myself earlier this year and decided to take the plunge and join up as a member. I thought I can either remain passive and moan about the lack of content or do something about it.

I am not or a trained writer but possess a reasonable grasp of the English language. So inspired by some classic ATS posts of the past I have made a few posts of my own. It's not easy as you have to do a fair amount of research, and take your time. You also have to be willing to accept that people will disagree with you (which is actually a good thing because it stimulates debate).

So all I can say is that if people feel the content on ATS is wearing a bit thin then it is up to all of us to think, research and post new ideas to stimulate debate.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I remember 4-5 years ago ... there were people here who made news with their theories, investigations or activity. I even remember the names of those people, with some I became friends.

It was a great time. A great time with threads like this, that anyone from the "past" remembers

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

I agree on promoting ignorance.

We see that everyday with the hundreds of poorly researched threads from questionable sources, usually right-leaning.

The people making the threads usually do not understand the rules and simply use ATS as a "sounding board" for their spiel.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
huh, not very impressed by my recent ATS experience where a mod decided to delete my post as "off topic" but it was just a question towards another post (which was not deleted) while the rest of the thread is full of baiting tactics...if you are going to moderate in that manner, do so for the entire thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join