It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deepest image of the universe ever taken - 5500 galaxies in 2 arcminutes in size!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
There are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on Earth.

That would equate to billions of galaxies.

There are only 5,500 in the picture the OP provided. It's absolutely mind blowing!!

And just as many universes

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by hdonn

SOP you see it all the time on ATS.

Welcome to the Hamster wheel

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
I find it interesting that mankind is allways obsessed with how far our technology can take us or how far away we can observe. Like how deep we can go into the ocean or how far a walkie talkies range is. We could be possibly living in the most beautiful galaxy in the universe; and appreciate a picture moreso because its the deepest most far away shot taken yet.

Perhaps there is another race living on the boarders of the expanding universe and pointing a telescope our way, and simply saying isnt this the most beautiful picture of deep space ever?
edit on 14-10-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

re:
I find it interesting that mankind is allways obsessed with how far our technology can take us or how far away we can observe

Its how we make up for our insanity

edit on 16-10-2012 by hdonn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Very Cool!!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Or maybe we are on a collision course towards Andromeda. We never know, it could be the opposite, thinking it's coming towards us, while we could actually be moving towards it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hdonn

5500 Galaxies... meanwhile on Earth. This tiny dust particle, that is non-existant! if we extend out the number will just continue to grow, and we will be nothingness.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Wow this is a spectacular image!

I'm workin on teaming up with the aliens visiting us on earth and ask them to give me a joyride through our universe

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Woa. I'm pretty much speechless about this.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by chika98
reply to post by EllaMarina

Or maybe we are on a collision course towards Andromeda. We never know, it could be the opposite, thinking it's coming towards us, while we could actually be moving towards it.

We can tell by whether or not we are moving away or towards other things in the Universe as to whether Andromeda is coming toward us, or if we are going to it, or both.
Interesting enough, this has happened to us before. Twice I think.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Actually our galaxy is there but unfortunately you can only see 2 stars! We can only guesstimate the shape and look of our own galaxy because we are looking out from inside of it of coarse!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Ive always wondered if we are just in a isolated part of space?

Maybe space could be layed out similar to towns/cities/country

We are in an isolated country part of the universe, but then you could go to another part that is rammed with life, maybe some solar systems with 2 or 3 planets that have life, maybe with another solar system full of life a years journey away, who knows?

That is relative to our technology and the fact that the universe is so large at least compared with our little corner of the Solar system! Proxima Centauri "our closest star" is about 4.2 light years from Earth or about 25,000,000,000,000 miles, (39,900,000,000,000 km) or (Or 271,000 AU.)! Considering the earth's moon is only
384,403 kilometers (238,857 miles) and it still took us 3 days to make it there!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

ARE thanks i was slated in this thread for asking this Thanks Mate.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What thought really gets me is how empty space actually is. I mean think about it, when your looking at a star that is millions of lights years away in the night sky nothing is blocking that view. Nothing! Thats how vastly empty our universe is but still with Billions upon billions of galaxies and stars. Just mind boggling how big it is, all of that Universe out there is bigger then us and quite frankly this lifetime we will never know unless someone else brings it to u, but then the question is. if there is life out there why would they stop a such a mere feeble planet in terms of age and technology, when there could very well be a civilization a million years ahead of us. I mean why would they come to this end of the universe when they can communicate with others with the same technology. The only reason would to teach and make friends, kind of like that one friend you had that didn't have a car, you gave him rides because he is your friend and you wanted to help him out. Just a thought. Excellent find thank you!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join