It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deepest image of the universe ever taken - 5500 galaxies in 2 arcminutes in size!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
That really puts it into perspective doesn't it? I wish that we as a human species would advance into a civilization type 1 for the very least. But nope, we are still dwelling in a type 0 dinosaur state.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
How in the world can we ever find that one needle in that cosmic haystack, can one say that the blueish galaxies are younger than the reddish ones?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caustic Fox
That really puts it into perspective doesn't it? I wish that we as a human species would advance into a civilization type 1 for the very least. But nope, we are still dwelling in a type 0 dinosaur state.

People still don't understand what's important in this world. The survival of our species is our number one priority, but people are raised to only care about money and material objects. One day that rock will come. And our failure is that we had the opportunity to stop it.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dishonored
All that space, all those planets, all that potential. And were stuck on this rock funding war against each other instead of trying to expand into the cosmos. Primitive. There is no other explanation.

Primitive, no doubt on that. However I do get this feeling we are like a Quarantine Zone. The way we are is very dangerous. Primitive or not, a World with our issues. And people still think we are ready to have the knowledge of life outside our own. When it comes down to person to person, sure we would like to think we are ready for that jump, but the truth is.. We are still fighting and doing such much to our own people, we can not even treat other life forms on our own planet with any respect. We are but infants in the universal scale.
While at one time, long long ago, I feel that our ancestors where more advanced than we are even today.
They claim we where still living in caves, yet they find under water temples built by tools that rival our current methods. We are not ready to explore the cosmos yet. The Cosmos will come to us when we are ready.
We are not ready, until we have proven it to the many other life forms that share this earth with us. And even more to our fellow kin.
Bill Hicks said it best.. Look at my sig.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I'm sure there are other civilizations out there. But when were they. I think civilization gets to a point then kills itself look at what we are doing. As a race we have been on earth a micro blip in comparison to the age of the earth. So maybe there are other race around the galaxy but how long do they last?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

Originally posted by Dishonored
All that space, all those planets, all that potential. And were stuck on this rock funding war against each other instead of trying to expand into the cosmos. Primitive. There is no other explanation.

Primitive, no doubt on that. However I do get this feeling we are like a Quarantine Zone. The way we are is very dangerous. Primitive or not, a World with our issues. And people still think we are ready to have the knowledge of life outside our own. When it comes down to person to person, sure we would like to think we are ready for that jump, but the truth is.. We are still fighting and doing such much to our own people, we can not even treat other life forms on our own planet with any respect. We are but infants in the universal scale.
While at one time, long long ago, I feel that our ancestors where more advanced than we are even today.
They claim we where still living in caves, yet they find under water temples built by tools that rival our current methods. We are not ready to explore the cosmos yet. The Cosmos will come to us when we are ready.
We are not ready, until we have proven it to the many other life forms that share this earth with us. And even more to our fellow kin.
Bill Hicks said it best.. Look at my sig.

I've always said that we have destroyed ourselves before. And that at one time we were more advanced. History repeats itself. With that said, I honestly think we are ready... at least to expand. To colonize The Moon or Mars. I don't think we're ready to contact another species though.

With that said, we have proven to be above the other life forms on this planet. That's not to say that we should treat them cruel, but the food chain must go on as long as we live here. I do not agree with the inhumane slaughter of animals that big business continues to push, but it can be done in a better way. We are not herbivores after all.

What needs to happen is that we need to stop pointing our guns on each other. There does need to be a one world Government, but it can't be done in the form of tyranny or the way Governments through history have been conducted. The elite of this planet need to finally understand that they have not and will not ever win. And that freedom of this species will always prevail.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Dishonored because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dishonored

I agree.
And I agree about being at the top of the food chain. But there is a point where how we treat other living beings on this Earth is a test in itself, to how we would treat other life else where.
I think we are on the same page here, we are just saying it a little differently.

Thanks for your insight!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Amazing pic
enough said
and to those who ask why people are not that interested in space anymore
its because they are to busy watching the Kardashians and honey boo boo and how they live there lives
Its F***** ridiculous what society turned in to
go back a couple thousand of years ago and civilizations worshiped the night sky
if i was alive back then and someone asked me what i thought future civilizations where going to be doing
i would have said, "the same things we are, educating themselves on earth and the universe"
But sadly i would be incredibly wrong
Now people educate themselves on how to make money
some are more interested in learning about the sciences then making money but unfortunately not many
Media is the main form of education for people, how sad...

no one puts it better then Joe Rogan
i love this bit
youtu.be...

"And your staring at a ditch"

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinfulknowledge

Is it really so ridiculous? We are modern Romans. Bread and circus? Try Welfare and the NFL.

The truth is, we haven't evolved much.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
great picture. i always imagine all the possible worlds in all those fantastically distant places.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
......And misled foolish mortals continue to believe in 2000 year old man made fairy tales that originated in some desert on this one planet called Earth. LMAO! Talk about being stuck on stupid. The Universe is God. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

5500 in 2 arc mins, theres a hell of a lot more galaxies out there than that, its only a small portion.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I would love nothing more than to traverse the universe for the rest of eternity. It would simply be amazing. Even to look at planets that do not host life would be time consuming and then to view planets that do host life. It would be the greatest thing that could possibly ever happen to my soul.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Reality is the collapse of potential into a measurable outcome.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
imagine if you're an extraterrestrial being, your planet just conquered space exploration.

the whole planet is in a state of hope and jubilation, because it has discovered and confirmed for the first time in their history another race of beings, earth.

they do not fear, they feel like they have just found a lost comrade.

they don't know much about them, except their location and that they can reach them. after years of studying rocks and comets, they have found a new friend to work with, to explore with and to collaborate with.

and they set off on this long journey.

imagine their disappointment.

they reach just in time to see bush declare war on iraq.

they scratch their heads. why are they killing themselves with such hatred and violence.

they decide to investigate. they fly around in low orbit and they see aerial crafts dropping projectiles into crowded markets. they see blood, flesh and carnage. grief, crying and dismay.

they fly around the world and see their friends acting like uncontrollable savage animals, taking pleasure in killing.

they contact back home with sadness. these are not people we want to be in contact with.

that's what i get from that picture. if i could i would put a quarantine sign in orbit: extreme danger. leave.
edit on 14-10-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Or perhaps a little less cynically, they would see a conscious life form in their infancy; a child of the Universe that has yet so much to learn. Maybe our childhood mistakes will remind them much of their own and they sympathetically understand the hard knocks we have yet to endure. And as a species, these humans, at least in their short experience on earth, have just breathed their very first breath of life in universal time...
edit on 16-10-2012 by odd1out because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I agree with everyone who said it is basically impossible for us to comprehend what we are seeing. I mean I look at a galaxy clustered next to other galaxies, and know that the distance from just one edge of a galaxy to the other is astronomical. And in that small dot there could potentially millions of civilizations that exist. There are definitely a plethora of stars, which allow us to see the galaxy in the first place. I felt the same awe when viewing the deep-field image some time ago. Simply and utterly amazing!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
And people can look at things like this and still think we are alone in the universe. Too bad we may never survive to explore it.

You are Unstoppable Star Trekker

That's Right Buster Unstoppable!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caustic Fox

Yes well the new age dawns, the ufo tech is on earth but secret cultish rogue groups have the ufo tech atm

The only real power the rogue groups have derives from secrecy, the element of surprise and the ignorance of others. People are changing that dynamic by revealing their plans.

Vote for non lame stream media folk, scatter the rogue groups into a thousand pieces

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
I find it interesting that mankind is allways obsessed with how far our technology can take us or how far away we can observe. Like how deep we can go into the ocean or how far a walkie talkies range is. We could be possibly living in the most beautiful galaxy in the universe; and appreciate a picture moreso because its the deepest most far away shot taken yet.

Perhaps there is another race living on the boarders of the expanding universe and pointing a telescope our way, and simply saying isnt this the most beautiful picture of deep space ever?
edit on 14-10-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

I like it, i like it

Yes i bet trillions of other races are, one day we will get to know them, when we are adults

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
imagine if you're an extraterrestrial being, your planet just conquered space exploration.

the whole planet is in a state of hope and jubilation, because it has discovered and confirmed for the first time in their history another race of beings, earth.

they do not fear, they feel like they have just found a lost comrade.

they don't know much about them, except their location and that they can reach them. after years of studying rocks and comets, they have found a new friend to work with, to explore with and to collaborate with.

and they set off on this long journey.

imagine their disappointment.

they reach just in time to see bush declare war on iraq.

they scratch their heads. why are they killing themselves with such hatred and violence.

they decide to investigate. they fly around in low orbit and they see aerial crafts dropping projectiles into crowded markets. they see blood, flesh and carnage. grief, crying and dismay.

they fly around the world and see their friends acting like uncontrollable savage animals, taking pleasure in killing.

they contact back home with sadness. these are not people we want to be in contact with.

that's what i get from that picture. if i could i would put a quarantine sign in orbit: extreme danger. leave.
edit on 14-10-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Yes The dominant ones in our region have us quarantined because we are all mad
And a decade ago did arrange a meeting but their ESP told them if they did their ufo would be confiscated and they would be reduced to lab rats, (a long living, highly evolved, nice person, reduced to a lab rat) for wanting to meet us, its so sad.

So the only thing we get these days is the odd Zeta bio android aka greys, the odd lost time traveler from afar or our future like Kirk would sometimes get lost in time, or the dominant ones the Plejaren

edit on 16-10-2012 by hdonn because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2012 by hdonn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join