It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin Halloween Hoodie Campaign (Whisky Tango ??!!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Sorry, I don't get this at all. Profiling isn't a default racial issue, it's just smart situational awareness. Usually has nothing to do with race. Turning it into a racial issue is plain stupid. And lets say they're spot-on and really and truly believe Trayvon and a hoodie is all there was to the whole mess - where is the win in encouraging people mess with that alleged stereotype on a night people are already overly sensitive to their kids and needles in candy? *boggles*

-Mags
edit on 14-10-2012 by Insurrection because: Fixed YouTube link

edit on 14-10-2012 by Insurrection because: *thwaps forehead* Fixed YouTube link proper this time..

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

edit on 14-10-2012 by dayve because: nah..

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Wow, I mean can you think of a better way to profit of the death of a guy AND racism at the same time? This is great, im in the wrong business.
The whole "black people in hoodies=criminal" thing was just something the media just kind of ran with and its stupid.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. As someone who likes to wear a hood, I'm glad I'm foreign. Retarded at best.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I think it would be a little scary, I mean call me racist if you want. But if some little white chick came up to me and said "im a black man" and then put her hood up, I would probably try to get away. Who knows what a person like that would do next.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The Martin/Zimmerman incident was from the first moment mis-handled by everyone who was subsequently involved.
That notwithstanding not a word or deed of any positive value has come of it.
In the great grand scheme of things it is a non-issue that has been distorted magnified and exploited by those who would profit by it. [ IMO ]

People! Bah! Humbug!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I really hope that people go out in hoodies and blackface; collecting candy in KFC buckets.

Why? Because I want this to backfire, big time. Kind of like the movie Bamboozled

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Initially the crime wasn't an issue, but after it did become one. people were being discriminated against because they wore hoodies and like it or not, it is a stereotype now. Many people are afraid of people in hoodies, unfortunately, and the theme about that is to try to stop the fear and bigotry associated with.

It's the same thing that happened after columbine when people were getting scared of other people wearing black trench coats.

This is not meant to capitalize off of a person's death, but to to try to address the issue of bigotry and racism.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Initially the crime wasn't an issue, but after it did become one. people were being discriminated against because they wore hoodies and like it or not, it is a stereotype now. Many people are afraid of people in hoodies, unfortunately, and the theme about that is to try to stop the fear and bigotry associated with.

This is not meant to capitalize off of a person's death, but to to try to address the issue of bigotry and racism.

Please prove your statement or retract it. I've never heard of "hoodies=black". Maybe FUBU hoodies, but that's kind of different.

Maybe you're confusing "Boyz n the Hood" for "Boyz n the Hoodies"?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm a naked, old white man? Afraid of me now??

I mean, really.. this 'campaign' is laughable. The Treyvon case was never about racism.. the news ran it as such (especially CNN, who is desperate for ratings) and people of questionable intelligence went along for the ride. When everyone wears their hoodie for a costume, don't forget the Skittles and Iced Tea.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
duplicate post
edit on Sun Oct 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Really this whole thing has just stooped down to a whole new level of ridiculousness.... BTW..... YES I am scared of a black man in a hoodie if he's walking around at night in the summertime with his hood up! Is this some kind of halloween prank or something?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
No I will not get off the computer I have every right as a member of this forum to express my views how I see them I do not have to use your pos logic.

You do. You are, however, an unprincipled hypocrite. You reject logic but use its splendors.

Initially the crime wasn't a race issue, but after it happened it did become one. people were being discriminated against because they wore hoodies and like it or not, it is a stereotype now. Many people are afraid of people in hoodies, unfortunately, and the theme about that is to try to stop the fear and bigotry associated with.

Once again, prove it.

It's the same thing that happened after columbine when people were getting scared of other people wearing black trench coats.

If it's the same thing, then the concern for black trench coats was some sort of racism? Because the trench coats were black?

edit on 14-10-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: fixed grammer mistake

Doubling down on what you previously said doesn't make it any more true.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
No I will not get off the computer I have every right as a member of this forum to express my views how I see them I do not have to use your pos logic.

Initially the crime wasn't a race issue, but after it happened it did become one. people were being discriminated against because they wore hoodies and like it or not, it is a stereotype now. Many people are afraid of people in hoodies, unfortunately, and the theme about that is to try to stop the fear and bigotry associated with.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jheherrin

I was not, until you disrobed.

The OP video was hard to watch with out a roll of the eyes.

edit: what's the Whiskey Tango reference about?
edit on 14-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Please gentleman lets keep it on topic. We are trying to discuss people with racial identity issues that think wearing a hoodie turns them black.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join