It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange photo of a USAF C-17 Globemaster III military transport aircraft and clouds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   

different prespective with a smaller image,

and lastly, the original USAF photo which is too big to post so here's the link:
www.af.mil...

All the above from the source page ChamorroBible.org...

While it's all (highly likely) scientifically explainable, it's strangely beautiful and very interesting to see the clouds formed in that manner. Good C-17 photo (and in a recent Fark.com Photoshop Contest too).

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If the background isnt added, its the jets trail, you can see the circle pattern.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Thats the wake of the jets tail same as you would see with a boat in water.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
That's a pic of why a small plane can't follow within a couple of miles behind a large aircraft. Vortex. Not friendly to small aircraft, and some big ones too!

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
C-17 pilot and photographer couldnt have wished for better conditions for that shot. A "Super Blue" moment.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
tight picture.... good find

I like it a lot

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
i like this image

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The background is fake. I think its part of a MTG(Magic The GAthering) card. That or the air god having a a little revenge on this great poluter.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
The background is fake. I think its part of a MTG(Magic The GAthering) card. That or the air god having a a little revenge on this great poluter.

How can you be sure Smokey? It definately looks like the classic 'angels of death' craeted by the vortex behind a plane.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Low pressure on top of the wing, relatively high pressure below, the high pressure air underneath 'spills' over the wingtip from the bottom to the top creating the swirling air or vortex. This causes alot of drag which is why they put winglets on (ala C-17) to reduce this phenomenon. The pic has been around for awhile. I wouldn't know if it's a fake or not but there's not much reason to make a fake like it because a real pic would look very similar. Probably taken from a tanker.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
you can see the edges of the craft are bogus...jeez you people will post anything!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Jet Wash, don't get caught in it

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Check out the original photo. The edges arent bad there. Not that it matters...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
thats a nice pic. and it looks cool.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
okay, I think its safe to lock this thread.

You now know how the clouds formed like that.
No need for any more one-liner responses...

Great pic, btw.

top topics

join