It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Parks Anomalies: Gov't Cover-up of Missing People

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
From the time of Native American oral history to modern day, there have been reports of high strangeness in the wilderness areas of this country. People get killed, abducted and just go missing. Surely most/many of these cases involve murder, abduction, accidents and animal attacks. However, after weeding-out the mundane incidents just mentioned, we are left with hundreds, perhaps thousands, of cases involving facts, evidence and coincidences of a highly strange nature.

While conducting an investigation at a national park, former detective David Paulides was approached by a park employee who told him about some "strange disappearances" in the park. David began looking into such cases, and to his amazement and horror, discovered clusters of similar cases (cases with highly unusual attributes) throughout this nation, where the prosaic explanations of animal attack, accident, etc. had been ruled-out. "Strange" facts include: children as young as two years old traversing over 12 miles into other mountain valleys in a single day; people vanishing and never seen again while in the presence of multiple family/friends; and so much more --you really have to listen to the interviews.

On Coast to Coast AM, they have recently had several interviews with former detective David Paulides who began investigating the paranormal a few years ago, specifically Bigfoot. However, as he investigated this deep-forest-dwelling creature, National Park employees approached him and informed him of a terrible secret.

C2C interview (George Knapp interviews David Paulides, Part 1): www.youtube.com...
PART 2: www.youtube.com...
PART 3: www.youtube.com...
PART 4: www.youtube.com...

That terrible secret involves how the National Park Service and the FBI have suppressed and still suppress information on exactly how many people vanish or die national parks under highly strange circumstances. "Clusters" of missing people center around national parks. When asked, even under FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) rights, release of information is refused and/or priced so high that no citizen could afford it (in the hundreds of thousands of dollars).

It is not beyond possibility that people visiting national parks (camping, hiking, touring, etc.) are allowed to become "prey" or "sacrifices" for unknown subjects, entities and/or clandestine organizations involved in secret rituals for nefarious purposes.

SUGGESTED READING: www.nabigfootsearch.com...
Another interview with video images: www.youtube.com...

At the very least, certainly listen to the C2C interview before you ever venture alone, with family and/or friends, into national parks, forests and "wild" areas of this country (and overseas). This could very well keep you from becoming another missing person whose case details are suppressed by authorities... Be wary.

Highly recommended NEWS VIDEO: www.youtube.com...

In case you just can't bring yourself to view, examine and research the information provided, here are some simple tips should you venture into the great, deep, dark wilds...
1. Stay in groups of three.
2. Don't wear brightly-colored clothing.
3. Keep close to everyone, don't go out of eyesight.
4. Keep your children closer.

Be wary...
edit on 13-10-2012 by GhostLancer because: Typo
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Oh this will be good, Ive read a post before , And seems was about a guy researching this very topic, Maybye thats the guy on coast to coast,
I found it very interesting . Seems I read the authorities have the technology to locate ANY heat signature within those wild woods. but NEVER uses it to find missing persons or fugitives .. they only would use it on some one they Really wanted to find. Even able to bounce lasers off cabin windows and detect your voice.(from satellites).
But if those kind of folks are looking for you ,, I rekon your way more than a missing person .

edit on 13-10-2012 by hbarker because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2012 by hbarker because: (added)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
My best guess is many of them are from inexperienced people wondering into the woods and the elements getting the better of them.

I've spent better than half of my life in the woods. In areas of Wyoming, Montana, Idaho Manitoba, Ontario and a few other areas. Packing in with horse, 4 wheeler, snowmobile and backpack. Blizzards, Ice storms, Thunderstorms, Wind storms, The Mountains are a wild Beautiful place, But vary unforgiving to all. For even the experience it can be a battle of life and death. My honest belief is they succumbed to the elements and terrain.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Hey excellent job on your thread. SnF

Skyfloating did a thread on disappearances a few years ago I believe. You can prolly find it on his pub pro page.
Thanks for posting this.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
David Paulides has a few books about missing people in national parks. They are both recent and the cheapest I can find are priced in the 50-60 dollar range. Some are asking 600+ dollars.

I find it curious that these books are in such demand as they were published so recently..

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pegasus2000
My best guess is many of them are from inexperienced people wondering into the woods and the elements getting the better of them.

I've spent better than half of my life in the woods. In areas of Wyoming, Montana, Idaho Manitoba, Ontario and a few other areas. Packing in with horse, 4 wheeler, snowmobile and backpack. Blizzards, Ice storms, Thunderstorms, Wind storms, The Mountains are a wild Beautiful place, But vary unforgiving to all. For even the experience it can be a battle of life and death. My honest belief is they succumbed to the elements and terrain.

You make some very good points. However, Paulides excluded cases in which people succumbed to adverse weather, animal attack, drowning, inexperience, etc. The cases he cites involve some really strange evidence and "coincidence." Someone once said that "Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden." This is what I believe he has stumbled upon and shared with us.

David Paulides' books can be found at his website: www.nabigfootsearch.com...

I'm not pushing his book, and I only include this information because someone said that his books were in the $50-$60 range, and some up to $600. I can see why, but I ordered mine a month or so ago for the reasonable price (around $24 each). I include this information to let anyone know that the books can be acquired at his website via PayPal at no exhorbitant cost. They are well-researched, as Paulides is a former detective. The cases are based on police case files, newspaper and firsthand accounts by witnesses. This link takes you to the purchase page: www.nabigfootsearch.com... I had no problem with ordering from their secure site.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Here is the SECOND Coast to Coast AM interview of David Paulides...
www.youtube.com...

The first interview covered his first book which focused on the Western US. This one still covers the basics, and expands into the Eastern US. Very well done by one of the best modern journalists, George Knapp, who dares to look at topics that fit perfectly into Above Top Secret. This one link covers the near 3-hour interview, so you won't have to keep clicking on a new link.

This is tragic, captivating and mysterious territory all around us in the hundreds of national parks that dot and speckle our country. This topic covers what could very well be nearby or in your backyard.... Be wary.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This sounds like supernatural occurrences to me. The sheer Lovecraftian wrongness of these events just smacks you in the face.

The story from the girl who met "Mr. Wolf" shows that not all of these entities are bad, though. Or possibly they take a perverse joy in sometimes just being nice instead of causing these insane killings.

Speaking of Lovecraftian, just what is your avatar GhostLancer?
edit on 14-10-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Embedded for you.
Listened to this recently. Fascinating!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

On Coast to Coast AM, they have recently had several interviews with former detective David Paulides who began investigating the paranormal a few years ago, specifically Bigfoot. However, as he investigated this deep-forest-dwelling creature, National Park employees approached him and informed him of a terrible secret.

C2C interview (George Knapp interviews David Paulides, Part 1): www.youtube.com...
PART 4: www.youtube.com...

That terrible secret involves how the National Park Service and the FBI have suppressed and still suppress information on exactly how many people vanish or die national parks under highly strange circumstances. "Clusters" of missing people center around national parks. When asked, even under FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) rights, release of information is refused and/or priced so high that no citizen could afford it (in the hundreds of thousands of dollars).

It is not beyond possibility that people visiting national parks (camping, hiking, touring, etc.) are allowed to become "prey" or "sacrifices" for unknown subjects, entities and/or clandestine organizations involved in secret rituals for nefarious purposes.

SUGGESTED READING: www.nabigfootsearch.com...
Another interview with video images: www.youtube.com...

At the very least, certainly listen to the C2C interview before you ever venture alone, with family and/or friends, into national parks, forests and "wild" areas of this country (and overseas). This could very well keep you from becoming another missing person whose case details are suppressed by authorities... Be wary.

Highly recommended NEWS VIDEO: www.youtube.com...

edit on 13-10-2012 by GhostLancer because: Typo

On the second section of the C2C interview now. Very creepy.

It reminds me of the hunter who disappeared in Pennsylvania. extra DIV

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It seems to me that if you're going to a place with 'devil' in the name and other hotspots you should take the precaution of sticking together and being alert.

It seems whatever is causing this only strikes when people are by themselves and unwatched.

It also seems that whatever it is can 'phase shift' or 'walk the void' or whatever you want to call it. It would explain the lightning quick abductions and the incredible distances and locations you find the victims.

They also seem to have a penchant for covering their victims with logs or boulders and stuff. It seems to throw off heli-borne FLIR searches.

This whole thing is making me think that in some areas our 'superstitious' ancestors may have been more right than we want to believe.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I was watching a show called "Paranormal Witness" the other day which had a story about a park ranger meeting a strange creature. The creature tracked him as the ranger made a mad dash to his vehicle hours away.

I'm a firm believer that the "boogey man" exists, maybe not like we have seen in movies but something IS going on out there.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
This sounds like supernatural occurrences to me. The sheer Lovecraftian wrongness of these events just smacks you in the face.

The story from the girl who met "Mr. Wolf" shows that not all of these entities are bad, though. Or possibly they take a perverse joy in sometimes just being nice instead of causing these insane killings.

You bring up a good point about "Mr. Wolf." It's perplexing. Thinking about paranormal entities, though, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there are "good" and "bad" ones, just like with us humans. It's good to hear that some of these strange experiences don't always result in death and/or disappearance. It's very odd, ancient, mysterious, like all things Lovecraftian.

Speaking of Lovecraftian, just what is your avatar GhostLancer?

Mkoll, VERY PERCEPTIVE. I happen to be a fan of H.P. Lovecraft and his extensive writings. I happen to be a graphic artist and was inspired by things Lovecraftian when I created the illustration that would become my avatar. I think the title of the piece is TENTACLED MONSTROSITY.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Embedded for you.
Listened to this recently. Fascinating!!!!!!!

Night Star... --Thanks! If we make it easier for even just ONE PERSON to hear this and prevent a tragedy in the woods, then it's well worth it. By simply being AWARE of these disappearances and deaths, we'll hopefully be more wary as we jaunt about in national forests. If we're more vigilant, then maybe these "things" won't prey on more of us...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I saw briefly the map of clusters of the missing is there a website to get a better look?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

I'm a firm believer that the "boogey man" exists, maybe not like we have seen in movies but something IS going on out there.

He mentioned all the shoes that have been washing ashore we know that's for real. This is just as creepy as all hell.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
These stories being told on the C2C links are remarkably similar to abduction stories. The wolves and bears that cuddle the children sound like cover memories.

The clean clothes, clean hair, removal of clothes, locations of the bodies all sound like abduction stories.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I found a lot correlation to these stories
right here.

Native Americans have to be a far better source for these happenings that date back to far for this to be something known to us.

The Seeatik tribe
edit on 14-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

IIRC A case similar to the Martin boy just happened this past summer in the Ozarks I think. He disappeared right infront of his aunt and a group of kids. He was found a few days later in the nearby river. Not sure how old he was. Its real easy to get turned around and lose your direction without familiar land marks or compass/gps to guide you and even if you have that you can still get lost.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Incredibly ODD stories here... thank you for drawing attention to this Paulides, and his work! I am already on the second interview they had in June.

I thought it was really interesting how in part 4 of the first interview when they were taking questions, someone specifically called in to ask about Flagstaff AZ. Paulides said nothing jumped out at him about that area but having lived there for a few years I can tell you that it was common knowledge that you DO NOT go into the woods in that area at night. No one quite said why - they just said it was very dumb to do so.

There's rumors and stories I've heard, but who knows..

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join