It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dim Woman Calls About Moving Deer Crossing - You gotta hear this!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Now I do not know if this is for real or a very clever deadpan comic having us on here, but...

I did a search for previous threads on this topic - still can't believe I am the first with this one, might not be - and I found this thread. I direct your attention to the OP by neo5842

IDIOT SIGHTING #3 I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbour call the Highways Department to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.' Story from Potters Bar, Herts, UK

"Are We Really This Dumb" Thread

Anyway have a listen and you tell me what you think. Ten points if you keep your forehead out of your palms through the entirety of this audio clip

Now this woman calling the radio show is not from the UK, but then again she does not have much in the way of a Fargo accent either. I used to live in that area of the country, so I base this on more than Francis McDormand's performance in the movie by the same name.

Personally I still am not convinced that this woman is truly this dim and myself suspect someone found something and decided to run with it. What do you think?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I honestly wouldn't be that surprised if its real.

There is a picture going around Facebook now that showcases an editorial snippet from a newspaper where the writer chastises hunters saying that killing animals is wrong and that hunters should buy their meat from the store where no animals were harmed.

A show of hands in one of my classes last week revealed that over half the class didn't even know the name of our vice president.

Common sense is really not all that common.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

I cannot allow my self to believe that she isn't just trolling...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

I know what you are saying. All the money we spend on education and we are 24th in the world.

However, I was a DJ for many years, and if I can draw someone in... If it is fake, it is genius, if it is not...

Can you imagine if you were this woman's husband? Worse yet what if you were her husband and agreed with her?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
OMG... I wish he had just said straight up "DEER CANT READ ROAD SIGNS"

Just shows the idiocy of people... she even admits to getting in an accident AFTER SEEING THE DEER CROSSING SIGN

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Can't find it but there's a clip from a US newspaper asking the same in an editorial section.
"We should move the deer crossing sign to a less busy street."

I don't doubt that it's at least crossed a few minds.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Quite amusing!

Glad I clicked on the thread, thanks.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

It's a radio show.

I.E. It's not real.

How do radio shows work? They write characters and then stage phone calls with these newly created written characters.

They probably figured this would make for a light comedy bit, and it was quite funny, so I'd say mission accomplished.

FAKE! This lady is clearly too smart to think that deer can understand signs, lol.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Laykilla

I would agree with you based on the description under the video but at the beginning of the video it says this is a real call to a real radio station.

And as a former DJ I do know that when creating shows for the station calls that were received on that station are fair game to use for revenue. You lecture someone who already knows what you are saying, but from a closer perspective, so...

The question still remains. To my mind this sounds like a genuine call to a genuine show, but as I said my jury is still out.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think she's right.
We need to go and ask the deer where they would prefer to cross instead of that place.

I also think there are too many earthquakes in the Indonesia region, and they should be moved to somewhere less populated.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Yes, Virginia, there really are people this umm... slow. Even here in Montana I have known a few.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

Yes, Virginia, there really are people this umm...

You realize she is saying the deer are smarter than her...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

They ARE smarter than her.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I think it could be real. There really are people this dense. Good laugh. Thanks for posting!
My husband is always saying I make him feel stupid when in fact he is" highly intelligent". I can't help but correct him when he says things like "I couldn't get across the American border today. They said get a visa next time, but I told them I had master card". He still didn't catch on when I explained they meant a travel visa. He carried on about it for a couple of years, always trying to get a Visa card. He knows what a deer crossing is though because he's hit a few of them, being its a picture of a deer helps.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
...you should hear some calls that come over the police scanners. People have called 911 to tell them, there are deer in their backyards, and the best, was a lady that had a dream about a deer in her backyard, so she wakes up, calls 911 to tell them she had a dream there was actually a deer in the backyard!! Seriously...we live in a wooded area, I can't figure out what these people are thinking. Cops got a joke at the local station. When they get deer calls now, you'll hear a cop say, "who you gonna call, deer busters."

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

We are doomed.

The thing that got me is that she actually believed that by moving the deer signs they would then change their paths to follow the signs. WOWOWOWOW

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I FIRMLY believe, that the Department of Motor Vehicles, or corresponding agency for her State, should acknowledge her concern and take immediate action....to revoke her driver's license!!!

Do you want to be on the road with this woman?
edit on 10/13/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: I edited it...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
well...

why don't they just put a bridge over the road.

and then put a new sign that says "safe for deer to cross road".

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
I FIRMLY believe, that the Department of Motor Vehicles, or corresponding agency for her State, should acknowledge her concern and take immediate action....to revoke her driver's license!!!

Do you want to be on the road with this woman?
edit on 10/13/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: I edited it...

Seriously. She herself said something about going 65 mph in a deer crossing, and she wondered why she hit 3 deer so far...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It sounds like she's joking to me. I've heard this joked about a lot before. It is rather fun to make fun of people like this. Especially when it gets a reaction. Like the time I suggested that we should kill all the bees because they are worthless and got a few 'you're an idiot' U2U's. I enjoyed them. I think most actually said 'your a idiot' which made it better for me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join